[mod] 62 underground biomes! [1.1.2] [underch]

Hume2

GitHub: Hume2
In-game: Hume2

Re: [mod] 62 underground biomes! [1.1.2] [underch]

by Hume2 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 13:27

Wuzzy wrote:This could be the start of a whole new game.

Indeed, I was planning to do so but I dropped that idea due to lack of motivation. Currently, it is an essential mod of Tunneler's Abyss. I haven't seen any other server using this mod so far. I would be glad if anyone wanted to make a game based on this mod.
If you lack the reality, go on a trip or find a job.

Nathan.S

GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Sun Dec 22, 2019 19:39

Is there an easy way to make the biomes start to appear further down? I want to add this to an existing world, but would like to keep the biomes strictly underground so as to not have any goofy edges visible above ground.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

Hume2

by Hume2 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 06:54

Nathan.S wrote:Is there an easy way to make the biomes start to appear further down? I want to add this to an existing world, but would like to keep the biomes strictly underground so as to not have any goofy edges visible above ground.

You can tweak these magic numbers: https://gitlab.com/h2mm/underch/blob/ma ... ns.lua#L17
If you want to move the biomes downwards, decrease the pressure.

Nathan.S

GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Mon Dec 23, 2019 13:09

Thank you so very much.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

ThorfinnS

GitHub: ThorfinnS

by ThorfinnS » Mon Dec 23, 2019 17:36

Let me know what you come up with. I like the alternate rocks on the surface here and there, but I'd prefer to have generic stone for most such outcrops.

Hume2

by Hume2 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 19:16

ThorfinnS wrote:Let me know what you come up with. I like the alternate rocks on the surface here and there, but I'd prefer to have generic stone for most such outcrops.

Do you know, what is strange? In Minetest game, you have desert stone, sandstone, silver sandstone ... whatever-stone and just stone. It looks weird for me. That's my philosophical opinion. If you want a simple tweak, you can look at
https://gitlab.com/h2mm/underch/blob/master/worldgen.lua#L140 and redefine some of the biomes so they would keep the stone type as default.

ThorfinnS

GitHub: ThorfinnS

by ThorfinnS » Mon Dec 30, 2019 17:40

I had thought the basic stone and cobble and such would be missed. Not so much. The unanimous decision was this is the new base "game" for all their play and coding.

To be fair, many of the issues we had seen earlier were because some other mods used default:stone and default:cobble in recipes rather than group:stone. But those were quick and easy to tweak with a find in files.

Couple things caught my attention. Tin is now in default, so you can get rid of that moreores conditional. And while it's not going to come up in our games, replacing default:stick with group:stick in your recipes (torchberry, for instance) would avoid similar issues with other mods which create their own stick-like objects.

Great mod!

Hume2

by Hume2 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 19:29

ThorfinnS wrote:I had thought the basic stone and cobble and such would be missed. Not so much. The unanimous decision was this is the new base "game" for all their play and coding.

To be fair, many of the issues we had seen earlier were because some other mods used default:stone and default:cobble in recipes rather than group:stone. But those were quick and easy to tweak with a find in files.

Couple things caught my attention. Tin is now in default, so you can get rid of that moreores conditional. And while it's not going to come up in our games, replacing default:stick with group:stick in your recipes (torchberry, for instance) would avoid similar issues with other mods which create their own stick-like objects.

Great mod!

Thanks! In uchu, I tried to override a few recipes in some mods. When a recipe requires default:cobble or default:stone, you can change it to group:cobble or group:smoothstone respectively. (There are also group:stonebrick, group:stoneblock, group:mossycobble) It's a shame that such groups aren't present in minetest_game, since it contains stone and desert stone.

Previous

Return to Mod Releases