[Modpack] Home Decor [git] [homedecor_modpack]

kbobdc3

by kbobdc3 » Post

I am not very good with technical stuff, I just play games and download mods, but this mod doesn't work. It says:

ModError: Failed to run
F:\games\minetest-0.4.4-Win32\minetest-0.4.4-Win32\bin\..\mods\minetest\homedecor
I'm not stupid, I'm weak minded

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

You'll need to look at your debug.txt file and find the rest of the error message - this alone is not enough for me to resolve the issue.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

BZab

by BZab » Post

Will your doors be open by left-click? (as default) or still right-click?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Previous versions of Minetest used a left-click/punch to open one of the default wooden doors. Current git versions use a right-click.

Homedecor adapts to this behavior, so if you use a current git version, homedecor's doors will open with a right-click.

I haven't adapted the various gates yet - those all still open with a left click.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Lets make some worthwhile... like shelving for items or books (aka chests).

Simplier chairs using table legs and seperate chair seat recipe so you could have metal chairs with wooden seats.

Chairs and sofas so no need to have 3D furiture with selections of colours. Add 2 easy chairs to make 1 love seat. 3 to make couch. use terra cotta base for brown. Black and white for ivory (off-white) colour. Sectional sofas? Ottomans?
(My problem with 3D furnature is rewrites trees and papyrus models which I had to rem out to use.)

Coffee and end tables which are half-height of regular tables. Craft recipe could be tabe legs and table top.

Also I would like to have black curtains for theatre project.

ROOF
I would like to see fix to roof peaks as well as for where two roofs meet on corners or eaves.

RAILING
Proper Railing for stairs and balconies. I would suggest using code from rails or roofing to connect on a angle.
My suggestion for recipe is bottom 3 sticks with middle row being wood, brass or iron lumps. (or flip around)
Last edited by Michael Eh? on Sat Feb 09, 2013 02:09, edited 1 time in total.

prestidigitator

by prestidigitator » Post

VanessaE,

This looks like a great set of features. Two questions:

1.) In the recommended mods you list "flowers" and here you link to a mod with that name by ironzorg, but you also recommend your "plantlife" modpack, which contains a different "flowers" mod. Does it matter which is used with this mod? If either can be used, do you recommend one or the other?

2.) The recommended "plantlife" modpack does not work with the stable 0.4.4 release because its "plants_lib" mod uses a new "minetest.env:spawn_tree()" API method from the development version (which conflicts with its documentation, but I'll post to the plantlife thread separately about that). Other recommended mods like "unifieddyes" depend on plants_lib too. What about this mod? Does it work with 0.4.4, and if so, how much of the mod is usable without plantlife, unifieddyes, or the new features from the dev version (e.g. the updated mese)?

Thanks!

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Regarding flowers, I guess I forgot about that item in the recommendations list. It doesn't matter which flowers mod you use as far as Homedecor and Unified Dyes are concerned, but only the one in the Plantlife Modpack will actually run properly with modern versions of Minetest, so you may as well just use that one. :-)

(and I corrected the documentation for plants_lib - sorry about the confusion)

Homedecor by itself should work on pretty much any 0.4.x version that supports nodeboxes. Unified dyes should work on any 0.4.x version regardless of age, unless I missed something.

About all you really lose without having Flowers/Plantlife, Unified Dyes, or modern mese is the ability to dye/craft a few of the window shutter colors. All of the other colored items use materials found in a standard world, e.g. leaves, dirt, coal, etc. A similar limitation happens without Moreblocks, Moreores, etc. Some stuff just can't be crafted without these additional mods, but everything is still available in Creative Mode either way. I tried to be sure to indicate in the crafting guide if something requires one of those recommended mods.

prestidigitator

by prestidigitator » Post

Cool. Thank you very much Vanessa.

thefamilygrog66

by thefamilygrog66 » Post

Hey V: For some reason, on my server the locked ovens won't cook items, though the regular ovens will. Any ideas? Thanks! G

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Sorry about that. Locked ovens fixed in git :-)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

2013-03-11: Kaeza merged in code from my fork of thexyz/PilzAdam's 3d/visible-text signs mods and fixed some bugs in my signs-on-fenceposts code in homedecor. If you have any of those three versions of the signs mod, uninstall it. Homedecor will cover its functionality. Thanks to kaeza for the contribution!

2013-03-16: Kaeza pushed fixes for signs on wrought iron/brass fences not showing the text. This also fixed a potential undesired replacement bug. He also fixed many of the sounds in the mod so that they aren't based on leaves. :-)

indigo196

by indigo196 » Post

I crafted the table legs, but can not place them.... any clues?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Oops! sorry about that. Fixed in git (a craftitem was registered that was overriding the actual node def). Also took the time to get rid of an obsolete item and to clean up and separate out most of the nodes into their own categorized files.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: Thanks to Kaeza, a from-scratch version of Tonyka's 3dforniture mod has been merged into Home Decor. Textures came from my 16px HDX pack. Since they just don't make any sense to be included here, the round tree trunks and 3d papyrus features of the original 3dforniture are NOT included.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Some updates today:

The black "3d forniture" armchair has been renamed to mention "black" in the name (with a suitable alias added), and has been expanded to include several other colors.

All tabletops are now nodebox-based, so they have some actual thickness to them. Wrought iron, brass, wooden legs' sizes reverted back to default scale to match. Several textures added, some renamed to suit.

Note that if you use any of these table tops in the vertical position (e.g. on a wall, or AS a wall) you will probably need to dig them up and re-place them, as their facedir setting is almost certainly wrong now (sorry, it couldn't be helped).

thefamilygrog66

by thefamilygrog66 » Post

VanessaE wrote:Some updates today:

The black "3d forniture" armchair has been renamed to mention "black" in the name (with a suitable alias added), and has been expanded to include several other colors.
Ah, you beat me to it, V - I'm currently working on a living room furniture mod, with coloured sofas and armchairs, coffee tables and end tables. Totally different look to the armchairs, though.

deivan

by deivan » Post

Is nice if have a corner to the picket fence, I have a alternate block for each corner.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I'll do this eventually. I've just not been wanting to mess with that. :)

Bas080
GitHub: bas080
IRC: bas080
In-game: bas080

by Bas080 » Post

Make a wardrobe closet where you can change your clothes/skin. More logical then using inventory

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

A wardrobe sounds like a good idea. We ought to have some anyway. I wonder if the texture could be displayed as an entity inside the wardrobe.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Zeg9

by Zeg9 » Post

Bas080 wrote:Make a wardrobe closet where you can change your clothes/skin. More logical then using inventory
Sokomine wrote:A wardrobe sounds like a good idea. We ought to have some anyway. I wonder if the texture could be displayed as an entity inside the wardrobe.
Why don't you ask this in my mod's thread ? :'(
I made a few (a lot of?) mods for minetest: here is a list.
See also the MT-Faithful texture pack (work in progress).

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

That's outside of my skills really, but if someone wants to attempt it and pull-request, I'll gladly add it.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Zeg9 wrote: Why don't you ask this in my mod's thread ? :'(
Perhaps because the wardrobe combines both and is at first a piece of furniture :-) But you're right, it might be its own mod/be integrated into yours. The main reason why a wardrobe would be difficult to do is because an empty wardrobe would be rather boring. Having suits/skins hang inside might really improve the look.
A list of my mods can be found here.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update 2013-04-14: glowlights and glowcubes now automatically place floor, ceiling, or wall varieties depending on whether you are pointing at the floor, ceiling, or a wall when you place the 'regular' one. For slab-shaped glowlights, the regular one is the ceiling one. For cubes, it's the floor one.

If you have wall lights or ceiling glow cubes in your inventory, they'll automatically convert to ceiling lights or floor cubes depending on how you try to place them.

Removed obsolete cross-crafting recipes, took non-regular lighting nodes out of creative inventory, added drops for non-regular models to point them back to regular versions, as appropriate.

Added alternate crafting recipes to make thin regular lights from thick wall lights, to split a single thick glowlight (wall or ceiling) into four glow cubes of the same color, and to recycle ceiling glow cubes into regular glowlights.

Ahnicorn

by Ahnicorn » Post

Hey Im kinda new and I need help. I have 4.6 version and I installed this mod and put it in my mods/minetest folder and went in the game but when I did the command "/mods" I didint see it as a mod.
Last edited by Ahnicorn on Sun Apr 14, 2013 23:41, edited 1 time in total.