[Modpack] Home Decor [git] [homedecor_modpack]

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

Re: [Modpack] Home Decor [git] [homedecor_modpack]

by Andrey01 » Post

VanessaE wrote:Update: added clawfoot bathtub (actually, two. one with brass taps/faucet, one chrome). A "modern" bathtub will follow some time soon. Andrey01, if you want these "stools" you mentioned before, I need a picture of the sort of stool you had in mind.
You can make copies of chairs and to remove chair back - it will look like real stools and that`s all!

Chiki
GitHub: Chiki
IRC: Chiki
In-game: Chiki

by Chiki » Post

Hello everyone, trying to use this mod I fell in this error. It's partial but at least i hope is of some use.

Code: Select all

Failed to load and run script from /storage/emulated/0/[...]homedecor_modpack/lrfurn/init.lua:
...Minetest/mods/homedecor_modpack/lrfurn/longsofas[...]obal 'unifieddyes' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...Minetest/mods/homedecor_modpack/lrfurn/longsofa[...]
[C]: in function 'dofile'
...ed/0/Minetest/mods/homedecor_modpack/lrfurn/init.lua
I'm playing on android with this build: 0.4.15-c05dfac9... basically the last of wayward. Also I downloaded and installed the mods with the app Minetest Mods from the play store.
Any detailed suggestion to run minetest on android with complete homedecor (with its dependacies fulfilled)?

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Post

It looks to me as if you need to have the unifieddyes mod enabled.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

Chiki
GitHub: Chiki
IRC: Chiki
In-game: Chiki

by Chiki » Post

I already had it installed. always through minetest mods app. But in creative mode, when the unifieddyes was on and the homedecor was not installed, I could not see more than the standard dyes in the mega-inventory.

Maybe you could suggest me a place where I can find the right minetest build to make this work? Because even the standard build 0.4.15 from minetest official site crashes.

Edit: Resolved. Had to download the "stable" version of both minetest and the mods by eVanessa.

Enkidu
In-game: Enkidu

by Enkidu » Post

I've got a problem with the "building_blocks" mod in the modpack. When it is enabled and I start Minetest the following happens:

Code: Select all

2017-04-09 11:46:54: ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from /home/minetest/minetest/bin/../mods/homedecor_modpack/building_blocks/init.lua:
2017-04-09 11:46:54: ERROR[Main]: ...n/../mods/homedecor_modpack/building_blocks/init.lua:336: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)
2017-04-09 11:46:54: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2017-04-09 11:46:54: ERROR[Main]:       [C]: in function 'ipairs'
2017-04-09 11:46:54: ERROR[Main]:       ...n/../mods/homedecor_modpack/building_blocks/init.lua:336: in main chunk
I have a recent copy of Minetest (git 30/3/2017) and minetest_game (git 30/3/2017) and downloaded the Home Decor modpack from github yesterday. It works fine when I disable building_blocks in the "world.mt". I'd appreciate any help.

(Edit: Digging a little further and spotting an identical post from BBmine, I will upgrade my copy of "moreblocks". The issue is in a section where the code appears to be registering "stairsplus" blocks which is part of "moreblocks")

(Edit: ...and it now works!)

Thanks,

Cliff

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

What is version do you use?You should use not builds and stable version 0.4.15

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

I have some ideas:i would want to have rocking chair in here and bathroom curtains (it will enable to push their at time of have a bath).Other idea consists in that can would to swing on the your swings

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I could add a rocking chair, but it will not move, nor can I make the swing move. Proper animation of a mesh is not supported in nodes (only entities, and I try to avoid those, or using animated textures to make parts of a mesh appear and disappear as in the Mesecons water turbine, but I try to avoid that, too). If you want bathroom "shower curtains", use the window curtains.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

VanessaE wrote: If you want bathroom "shower curtains", use the window curtains.
Window curtains don`t match for bathroom as because they are small

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

I just noticed that homedecor isn't working on my server. I have 0.4.15 on it.

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Because you need have builds of 0.4.15 version.Some stuff indeed don`t work

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Andrey01 wrote:Because you need have builds of 0.4.15 version.Some stuff indeed don`t work
I don't wanna have to get the dev version :/ I prefer stable unless I'm doing development. I had dev once when I was trying to contribute.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Development builds are usually fine. You must either upgrade to a recent such Minetest engine build (or compile it yourself) and get a corresponding copy of minetest_game, or downgrade your copy of Homedecor to the 0.4.15-compatible version.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

VanessaE wrote:Development builds are usually fine. You must either upgrade to a recent such Minetest engine build (or compile it yourself) and get a corresponding copy of minetest_game, or downgrade your copy of Homedecor to the 0.4.15-compatible version.
The main problem is that I don't think there's a way to add ppa's to Debian Linux, and last time I tried compiling Minetest on Debian, there were some missing libraries.

EDIT: I just realized, on my server, Worldblender compiles it, not me, so maybe he would know what to do.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Since you're on Debian, you don't need a PPA. Just get the source code and compile it.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

VanessaE wrote:Since you're on Debian, you don't need a PPA. Just get the source code and compile it.
I could compile on Ubuntu just fine, but I never could successfully do it on Debian :P

Modern Hippie

by Modern Hippie » Post

Heyhoo!

I found a bug... sometimes in front of the signs instead of the written text there are displayed some unknown objects.

Does someone know how to fix them?

Greetings, minehippie
No longer active with this account! Please PM me on my new account "Wolfshippie"!

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Modern Hippie wrote:Heyhoo!

I found a bug... sometimes in front of the signs instead of the written text there are displayed some unknown objects.

Does someone know how to fix them?

Greetings, minehippie
That's happened to me before. I just dug it up and replaced it.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

If you're posting about this here, this tells me you're using a very old version of Home Decor, or at least you've got a rogue, outdated copy of signs_lib sneaking in, because the signs were split off into their own separate repository over a year ago.

First thing's first, update your Minetest engine to a recent development build (either the "daily builds" PPA, or sfan5's archive, or build it from github source yourself, as appropriate). Get an equally up-to-date copy of minetest_game from its github repository also, if necessary.

Seek out and delete all copies of Home Decor, signs_lib, and a file named "signs_lib_chardb".

If you have Dreambuilder installed somewhere, seek out and delete all copies of it also.

Fetch new copies of Home Decor and signs_lib (and Dreambuilder if you use that) from their github repositories.

Minetest 0.4.15 release will NOT WORK with these updated mods, hence the development build/compile it yourself directive.

Create a new world with these mods enabled, and verify that the new mods load okay.

Then go into your affected world and do /clearobjects ...once that finishes, shut the world down and start it again. Signs_lib will re-create the text entities as you walk around, loading up the world. The "chardb" file will have been recreated by signs_lib at start.

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Vanessa, can you add more diffetent types of wardrobes, cupboards, tables, desks, doors and windows?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I'll add those to my todo list, but don't expect them too quickly.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Homedecor works now :) Apparently it needs unified dyes, so I downloaded that :D

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

BBmine wrote:Homedecor works now :) Apparently it needs unified dyes, so I downloaded that :D
Ah, that`s it! I had got the same error and it turns out that i need download this!

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

It says it needs Unified Dyes in the first post, guys. :)

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

And why did you tell me that i need some builds of 0.4.15 and you nothing tell me that i need Unified dyes?