[Modpack] Home Decor [git] [homedecor_modpack]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

Re: [Modpack] Home Decor [git] [homedecor_modpack]

by VanessaE » Post

The version of Home Decor that works with 0.4.15-stable does not require Unified Dyes. Only the current code that requires a recent development build of Minetest engine and minetest_game, requires Unified Dyes.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

I noticed that I don't have colored beds on my server. I have white, but not blue, pink, green, etc. Were those colors removed?

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

BBmine wrote:I noticed that I don't have colored beds on my server. I have white, but not blue, pink, green, etc. Were those colors removed?
And no only, still may be you have not colored sofas, bathroom tiles, lamps and other...
Vanessa told me that i need a build of version 0.4.15, but i don`t know what myself.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

BBmine: If you're using a modern engine, minetest_game, Homedecor, and Unified Dyes (or Dreambuilder with those latter two), then lots of items that were available in multiple colors, including beds, books, lighting, sofas, and a host of others, will appear plain white in the inventory now.

Place one of these white items, then punch it while wielding some dye. If that dye can be used on that white item, it'll change color and deduct one portion of dye from your inventory. If it can't, it'll just tell you so. Dig the now-colorized item and you'll get the white version and the dye that was used to colorize it.

Some time later, probably after 0.4.16 comes out, I'll use a newly-added engine feature to make the actual, colorized item appear in your inventory when you dig it, and I'll see about making it possible to directly craft them in colors as well (if it's possible to do so without re-introducing those thousands of nodes I was able to get rid of when colorization became possible).
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

VanessaE wrote:BBmine: If you're using a modern engine, minetest_game, Homedecor, and Unified Dyes (or Dreambuilder with those latter two), then lots of items that were available in multiple colors, including beds, books, lighting, sofas, and a host of others, will appear plain white in the inventory now.

Place one of these white items, then punch it while wielding some dye. If that dye can be used on that white item, it'll change color and deduct one portion of dye from your inventory. If it can't, it'll just tell you so. Dig the now-colorized item and you'll get the white version and the dye that was used to colorize it.

Some time later, probably after 0.4.16 comes out, I'll use a newly-added engine feature to make the actual, colorized item appear in your inventory when you dig it, and I'll see about making it possible to directly craft them in colors as well (if it's possible to do so without re-introducing those thousands of nodes I was able to get rid of when colorization became possible).
Ok thanks :D I have a player on my server that deleted a colored bed when homedecor was all unknown items. I was going to give it back to the player, but I couldn't figure out. But I'll try when I can :D

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Also bear in mind that if you place some item, and then dye it, auto-coloring mode becomes active. As long as you keep placing that same item, it'll turn the same color, deducting one dye portion for each one. Auto-coloring mode deactivates if any of these happens:
  • If you switch to placing some other colorable item
  • if you wield any random dye and SHIFT-punch any random node
  • if you run out of the dye color that was being deducted
  • if you quit the game and restart (or sign off/back on if it's a server)
This is intended to make it easy to build walls, floors, etc. out of some item of a given color, without having to manually colorize each object.

bell07
GitHub: bell07

by bell07 » Post

VanessaE wrote: Also bear in mind that if you place some item, and then dye it, auto-coloring mode becomes active. As long as you keep placing that same item, it'll turn the same color, deducting one dye portion for each one. Auto-coloring mode deactivates if any of these happens:

If you switch to placing some other colorable item
if you wield any random dye and SHIFT-punch any random node
if you run out of the dye color that was being deducted
if you quit the game and restart (or sign off/back on if it's a server)
So complicated now :( What is about you colored already a node (bed for example) and then you like to move it 1 block to the left? You need to re-colour it again?
Is there a way to handle colours like in old way? Pre-colour it in crafting field and then just place the coloured nodes?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

bell07, please read my entire post next time.
VanessaE wrote:Some time later, probably after 0.4.16 comes out, I'll use a newly-added engine feature to make the actual, colorized item appear in your inventory when you dig it, and I'll see about making it possible to directly craft them in colors as well (if it's possible to do so without re-introducing those thousands of nodes I was able to get rid of when colorization became possible).

bell07

by bell07 » Post

Thank you for repeating. I just was read the last post and was stunned how bad it (still) is. I am using still the old version with the old way on 0.4.15 stable. I'll be fine to stay on it till the colouring is simple enough again.
But nevertheless thank you for your great work. The new colouring way is the right direction, but seems jut not full implemented at the time. Unfortunately the work is not completed before 0.4.16 is released :(

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I could potentially implement it now, the engine feature is there and working, but I'm waiting for a stable Minetest release that I can point users to when that happens.

bell07

by bell07 » Post

The latest homedecor-version uses already not released features from development mt-version. So I do not see the reason to stop completing work by using the next not released featrues. Or do you mean the additional engine features will not be in the mt-0.4.16 release?
Maybe you can provide the github-links to the related issues/pull-requests?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

The feature in question (colored itemstacks) is already in current development builds, it's just that putting it to use now would require that I ask users to upgrade their build, but many of those users will end up upgrading again when 0.4.16 comes out, just as a matter of course. Since 0.4.16 getting close to release now (only a few weeks away), it makes sense to just wait for that.

Plus, I'm being a little lazy. ;-)

bell07

by bell07 » Post

Ah, ok. Thank you again for explanation! My initial intention was to wait till 0.4.16 because of "I am mostly a stable-user". It is great to know I do not need to wait for long time after release because the most work is already prepared for homedecor upgrade.

bell07

by bell07 » Post

VanessaE wrote:Plus, I'm being a little lazy. ;-)
This makes a good computer scientist, the laziness, the need to automate all to avoid the work ;)

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

bell07 wrote:
VanessaE wrote:Plus, I'm being a little lazy. ;-)
This makes a good computer scientist, the laziness, the need to automate all to avoid the work ;)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Besides which, there are several others who also have access to the homedecor and unified dyes repositories - so if one of them wants to tackle this issue sooner, or if someone wants to submit a pull request, I'm all for it. ;-)

The plan by the way, is that digging a colored item should give you the colored item straight away, and shift-dig should be what gives you the neutral-white item and the dye.

ForgiveAndromedalol
GitHub: ForgiveAndromedalol
IRC: Andromeda
In-game: Yam

by ForgiveAndromedalol » Post

Vanessa: The homedecor-stable it's broken. The only link who works is homedecor-4.15 . The others doesn't work, contains some bugs. Please, update your download link and link it with homedecor-4.15 . :V.

And thanks for this mod. It's really amazing.
My MODS: Water Colors - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18241
BTW BLOCKS - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17654

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

The download links seem to work fine for me, but "contains some bugs" does not help me to know what problem you're having. If you mean the current development code doesn't work for you, that's because your Minetest engine or minetest_game is too old. The current development code only works with recent development builds of Minetest engine and minetest_game.

Meanwhile, Minetest 0.4.16 is due out in a few weeks, so the 0.4.15-compatible copy will eventually go away anyways.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: due to a side effect of a bug fix, any book that has been placed in-world and which was subjected to Home Decor's convert-to-param2-coloring LBM (i.e. by visiting a location containing said book), will now be grey, and they'll probably be turned at wrong angles as well. You can use the screwdriver to fix their rotations. If grey is unsuitable, you will need to craft a new book in the correct color, place it, and copy and paste your text from the grey one into the new one. Please pass this along as needed.

Newly-placed books will have the correct color and rotation - this just affects old books.

The bug fix is meant to address the issue of players keeping written books in their inventory (or in a chest). Building inventories, "employee" lists, etc -- things you wouldn't normally keep in a book that's out on display. Such stored books were inaccessible due to being undefined items. This seeks to fix that.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

This modpack now requires Minetest 0.4.16 or newer. 0.4.15 or older won't work properly.

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

VanessaE wrote:This modpack now requires Minetest 0.4.16 or newer. 0.4.15 or older won't work properly.
I noticed it on your server! Now armchairs, sofas, wardrobes have necessary colors as it was before)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

They've had their right colors since the fourth week of January :)

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

VanessaE wrote:They've had their right colors since the fourth week of January :)
No, these lacks were in 0.4.15. When i installed 0.4.16 it became right. I`m glad next release will be 0.5.0! I hope it will be global update!

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

The next major release will be 0.5.0 but that will be a "breaking release" i.e. expect incompatibilities. There will likely be one or two minor 0.4.x releases in the meantime as well, bugfixes.

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

VanessaE wrote:The next major release will be 0.5.0 but that will be a "breaking release" i.e. expect incompatibilities. There will likely be one or two minor 0.4.x releases in the meantime as well, bugfixes.
That is do developers not plan to add something new: blocks, items, biomes or still other in future update and will only bugfixes be?