[Modpack] Home Decor [git] [homedecor_modpack]

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

Re: [Modpack] Home Decor [git] [homedecor_modpack]

by Andrey01 » Post

VanessaE wrote:No, I have no such plans. There are other mods out there such as xdecor that may fit your needs.
BTW! Can you rewrite functions to the furniture on_right_click to enable opening of doors of kitchen shelves, ovens, refrigerators, microwaves, bedside tables, desks and like variants? It would be more realistic. And let to pour to the water from bath clowfoots, please. For example, on_right_click function is here suitable. Also, can you do same function to chairs and deckchairs when a player is wanting to sit into them?

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

Can you please release a download for homedecor before it had fancy meshes???
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Andrey01: I won't be doing anything significant with this project for a long while. If someone wants to make one or more pull requests to do the things you want, I'll consider merging it/them.

Stix: No, sorry. It's had detailed models for a few years now, so what you ask for would not only be extremely old, it would lack quite a lot of stuff. You're welcome to fork and modify the modpack as you see fit. That said, you could also flip through the git commit log, and work your way back to the point before the fancy models were introduced, and you'd end up with the same thing you'd get from me. In any case, I'm not sure I understand why you want to get rid of the fancy models. You could simply just not use the items you deem to be too fancy.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

by v-rob » Post

VanessaE wrote:Andrey01: I won't be doing anything significant with this project for a long while. If someone wants to make one or more pull requests to do the things you want, I'll consider merging it/them.

Stix: No, sorry. It's had detailed models for a few years now, so what you ask for would not only be extremely old, it would lack quite a lot of stuff. You're welcome to fork and modify the modpack as you see fit. That said, you could also flip through the git commit log, and work your way back to the point before the fancy models were introduced, and you'd end up with the same thing you'd get from me. In any case, I'm not sure I understand why you want to get rid of the fancy models. You could simply just not use the items you deem to be too fancy.
I found this in my archive of never deleted Minetest versions. (0.4.12) It might be a bit edited as I like to tweak my mods to my personal taste, but it should be mostly intact. Everything is made of nodeboxes except for the desk fan.

I had to upload the textures separately because they were too big to upload with the main mod. Place them in the mod homedecor.
Attachments
textures_2.zip
(950.77 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
textures_1.zip
(614.77 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
homedecor_modpack.zip
(938.81 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

v-rob wrote:
VanessaE wrote:Andrey01: I won't be doing anything significant with this project for a long while. If someone wants to make one or more pull requests to do the things you want, I'll consider merging it/them.

I found this in my archive of never deleted Minetest versions. (0.4.12) It might be a bit edited as I like to tweak my mods to my personal taste, but it should be mostly intact. Everything is made of nodeboxes except for the desk fan.

I had to upload the textures separately because they were too big to upload with the main mod. Place them in the mod homedecor.
thx, your a life-saver!
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

BirgitLachner
In-game: Bibs

by BirgitLachner » Post

Hello Vanessa ...

I want to tell you about a problem, that is may be related to homedecor.
I had some signs of the same type, I'm not sure if it was a sign from the maingame or from the mod "display-pack". I could not find it any more. After activating "homedecor" the text of the signs were shown as "unknow objects". And there was a sign in front from maingame. But that was not the used one.

I tried really everything. All the mods and codes. It can't be digged, I always gid a block behind it (so there is not output in the console). I tried it with worldedit and filled an area with something after deleting thise blocks it was still there. I even rebuild the world with "deleteblocks". The symbol was there even when I was in the stone with noclip activated.
After deactivating homedecor, the sign I used before was back and available. Now I could put the sign on the "unknwon object" symbol and it was deleted.

May be homedecor redefines something of display-modpack? Do you have any idea, because it was a serious and very disturbing problem!

EDIT: Seems not to be from display-modpack.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I don't know anything about "display modpack", but old versions of Home Decor came with a sign mod called signs_lib, but that hasn't been the case for a very long time now. All of those "unknown" objects are probably text entities left over from the use of signs_lib.

Just do /clearobjects quick to get rid of them. You can then re-install signs_lib from its master repository at this link if you want it.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

Hi,

firsto of all: many thanks for all your works!!! (....also my childrens bless you....)

A question: when I use Worldedit to delete one building that have also only one cooling fan placed inside it, this is not deleted and I don't deleting it also manually. For deleting it I disable the mod, restart the level and only then can I cancel it as unknown object....

How I can do it?

Thanks again.... R

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

You don't have to uninstall anything. The fan uses an entity (like item frames and pedestals), so you have to surround it with a worldedit selection box, as you did in the picture, and do //clearobjects (with two slashes).

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

VanessaE wrote:You don't have to uninstall anything. The fan uses an entity (like item frames and pedestals), so you have to surround it with a worldedit selection box, as you did in the picture, and do //clearobjects (with two slashes).
Hi,

thanks for your reply... and for your support... and for all your works.....

cheers
R

DoogMitt
IRC: Doog

by DoogMitt » Post

Ran into something interesting with the chain tops, chains and chandeliers of the home decor mod. They would not connect/stack properly as viewed in the first image:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AAiGdO ... sp=sharing

After a while of trial and many errors and a lot of google going nowhere, they now stack properly as viewed in the second image:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MxoK_w ... sp=sharing

Oh, they also seemed to emit barely any more light than a candle, this has also been changed.

** Edit: Zip.file removed... No longer necessary.

Actually, the only file I modified was the init.lua by removing the selection box paramaters and by changing the string "default.LIGHT_MAX-2" --> "13". It is my understanding that max light is reserved for sunlight at 15, so 15 - 2 is 13? If it's too much light, easy enough to turn it down.

Have fun with that and thank you all for this excellent mod. :)

Doog

I'm obviously not very good at code. Erm... Would correct placement also be achieved if the sbox dimension of "-0.625" was changed to "-0.5" to avoid scribbling outside the standard node boundary? Will try that later if I'm feelin' spunky. :)
Last edited by DoogMitt on Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:16, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Please submit your changes as pull requests against the git repository - I don't accept zips.

DoogMitt

by DoogMitt » Post

VanessaE wrote:Please submit your changes as pull requests against the git repository - I don't accept zips.
Wow, that's pretty intense. Have googled pull request and will take time to understand what it means. Here is a link to a google document with the contents of the init.lua from the chains sub-folder of the homedecor mod:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ACC ... sp=sharing

The changes are highlighted. Have minimized my intrusion of the file and found that indeed, changing the sbox figures to be within + or - 0.5 fixed the placement issue. Though the selection_box strings are not necessary, it is rather neat to have a constricted selection box for the chains. Also, the light_source, I've dropped to 12. Might still be too bright for some.

Will drop the link to the zip file as it is now superfluous. Thank you for your consideration,

Doog

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

A pull request is easy: on github, fork my repo and clone your fork to your local machine, make your changes in your local copy, commit and push them to your fork, and go back on github and issue a pull request from there. github will do the rest.

I'm not willing to entertain changes made by any other method. Sorry :)

bell07
GitHub: bell07

by bell07 » Post

There is a more simpler way: Log-in to github, then you have "Edit" button in each repo. If you just take the changes trough github edit, the github take a fork, branch, commit, and pull request for you ;-)
https://help.github.com/articles/editin ... epository/

hajo

by hajo » Post

bell07 wrote:There is a more simpler way: .. If you just take the changes trough github edit
You think doing a diff that way, 'by hand' is simple ?
I don't think so.

DoogMitt

by DoogMitt » Post

Ouch.

** Edit: figured it out... sort of...

Peace,

Doog out...
Last edited by DoogMitt on Thu Dec 21, 2017 06:46, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Making a pull request makes it possible for everyone on the project's team (in this case, the minetest-mods group) to see and review just the changes, and to accept them into the codebase, without having to slog through the whole project, and changes committed from a pull request retain the original author info/credits as well as all of the discussion history associated with it.

It also means -- not to imply that you would/did do this -- that if someone wanted to slip in some undesirable "feature", it can be trivial to hide something like that in a whole-file update if it's a large project (whereas it can be seen and rejected far more easily in a pull request).

DoogMitt

by DoogMitt » Post

Thank you all for your patience and encouragement. Now for some pain killers. :P

Doog

BirgitLachner

by BirgitLachner » Post

Sorry for my stupid question(s) ...

I have installed Homedecor on my server. While editing I must have destroyed something. One thing is, that there where problems with the sign-lib mod that was used on another server and the other that all of the item and nodes from Homedecor do not exist any more. Not in the inventory and the used blocks/nodes have the texture "unknown node".

The one problem with the display_modpack was solved as I uploaded the mod files once again. I even uploaded the Homedecor-files once again. Some of the mods where deactivated (I changed this once again), but I do not find any problem with Homedecor! All of the Homedecor-parts seems to be activeated in world.mt and I do not get any error message while loading minetestserver.

Only one problem is shown when I do join the server:

Code: Select all

"signs:display_text"
And if I hit the unknown blocks I get messages like:

Item "plasmascreen:tv_off" not defined
Item "homedecor:glowlight_half" not defined
Does anyone have an idea what the problem is? I would be happy if anyone can give me a hint, what is wrong.
Birgit

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Since you altered it, I couldn't begin to guess what's wrong.

Pyrollo
Developer
GitHub: pyrollo
In-game: Naj

by Pyrollo » Post

You should copy/past the error lines you get in logs.

Actually, "signs:display_text" is display_modpack related (new name of display_modpack entity)
[ Display Modpack ] - [ Digiterms ] - [ Crater MG ] - [ LATE ]

BirgitLachner

by BirgitLachner » Post

Okay ... thanks Pyrollo about the "signs ..." thing. May be there is seomwhere a sign with a problem.

I solved the other problem, as I downloaded the full world to my homecomputer to get mor information about the problems. And it was easier to activate all of the mods. And I got messages about about some unsatiesfied dependencies. And then I found the problem. I had activated pipeworks and technics. Then I deactivated pipeworks and rest was only following problems that causes that homeworks doesn't work anymore.

Anyway ... thanks to read my question ;-)
Birgit

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Hi, Vanessa.
Here is strange error on trying to load the mod:

2018-04-29 22:11:11: ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from /home/user/.minetest/mods/homedecor_modpack/homedecor/init.lua:
2018-04-29 22:11:11: ERROR[Main]: Number of registerable nodes (32768) exceeded (homedecor:door_woodglass2_left)
2018-04-29 22:11:11: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2018-04-29 22:11:11: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'register_item_raw'
2018-04-29 22:11:11: ERROR[Main]: 	/usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:180: in function 'register_item'
2018-04-29 22:11:11: ERROR[Main]: 	/usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:206: in function 'register_node'
2018-04-29 22:11:11: ERROR[Main]: 	...est/mods/homedecor_modpack/homedecor/doors_and_gates.lua:230: in main chunk
2018-04-29 22:11:11: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'dofile'
2018-04-29 22:11:11: ERROR[Main]: 	...user/.minetest/mods/homedecor_modpack/homedecor/init.lua:85: in main chunk
The same error happens to me with other mods as gloopblocks, xdecor...

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

This is not a home decor bug. You're just trying to install too many mods that create too many nodes. Nothing more.