[Modpack] Home Decor [git] [homedecor_modpack]

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: [Modpack] Home Decor [git] [homedecor_modpack]

by Krock » Post

III wrote:2018-06-13 12:26:15: ERROR[Main]: .../olivier/.minetest/mods/homedecor/homedecor/wardrobe.lua:32: attempt to call field 'get_skin_format' (a nil value)
Update your skinsdb mod, this function was added there on April 15. You can't blame 0.4.17 this time ;)
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

It has been, it's just not in the Ubuntu repositories. Get it from minetest.net instead.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

III

by III » Post

Package: minetest
Priority: optional
Section: games
Installed-Size: 22396
Maintainer: Juhani Numminen <juhaninumminen0@gmail.com>
Architecture: amd64
Version: 0.4.17-ppa0~ubuntu16.04.1
Replaces: minetest-server, minetestc55
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.15), libcurl3-gnutls (>= 7.16.2), libfreetype6 (>= 2.2.1), libgcc1 (>= 1:3.0), libirrlicht1.8, libleveldb1v5, libluajit-5.1-2, libncurses5 (>= 6), libopenal1 (>= 1.14), libsqlite3-0 (>= 3.5.9), libstdc++6 (>= 5.2), libtinfo5 (>= 6), libvorbisfile3 (>= 1.2.0), libx11-6, zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
Conflicts: minetestc55
Description: Infinite-world block sandbox game and engine
Minetest is an infinite-world block sandbox game and a game engine, inspired
by InfiniMiner, Minecraft and the like.
Homepage: http://www.minetest.net

if i'm not mistaken, I use the ppa (with 16.04LTS)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

III, as I understand it, 0.4.17.1 hasn't made it into the Minetest PPA. Also, this discussion doesn't belong here.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Starbeamrainbowlabs
GitHub: sbrl

by Starbeamrainbowlabs » Post

Are there any more screenshots besides the banner in this post? I'm unsure as to whether I'd like to install this mod.

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

Starbeamrainbowlabs wrote:Are there any more screenshots besides the banner in this post? I'm unsure as to whether I'd like to install this mod.
Hop on one of VannesaE's creative servers as they all have home-decor installed.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

CraigyDavi
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Post

Would be great if this mod worked without the beds mod...especially since it only shows as a soft depends...

I think this crash happened when someone clicked on a homedecor bed.

Code: Select all

2018-06-24 08:38:17: WARNING[Server]: Undeclared global variable "beds" accessed at ..._game/mods/homedecor/handlers/mt_game_beds_functions.lua:152
2018-06-24 08:38:17: ACTION[Main]: IRC: Disconnected.
2018-06-24 08:38:33: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'default' in callback item_OnPlace(): ..._game/mods/homedecor/handlers/mt_game_beds_functions.lua:152: attempt to index global 'beds' (a nil value)
2018-06-24 08:38:33: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2018-06-24 08:38:33: ERROR[Main]: 	..._game/mods/homedecor/handlers/mt_game_beds_functions.lua:152: in function 'beds_on_rightclick'
2018-06-24 08:38:33: ERROR[Main]: 	...etest/games/craig-server_game/mods/homedecor/bedroom.lua:70: in function 'on_rightclick'
2018-06-24 08:38:33: ERROR[Main]: 	/usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:423: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:416>

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

;-)

Seriously, I don't design mods to allow for arbitrary parts of minetest_game to be disabled/deleted. Besides, I thought I disabled homedecor's use of mt_game's bed code?

Phoenixflo44
In-game: EvilPhoenix

by Phoenixflo44 » Post

@VanessaE I created a phone here with blender that you might be able to add to the modpack. More things will come soon. Feel free to write me an opinion on how to find out if I want to create more stuff.

Greetings Phoenixflo44
Attachments
Phone.zip
(52.63 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Spoiler
I hate my life

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Please open a pull request on the Gitlab repo.

Phoenixflo44

by Phoenixflo44 » Post

I just don't understand anything
Spoiler
I hate my life

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

There's nothing to understand, really.

You create an account on GitLab if you don't have one, and fork homedecor via their website.

Then on your computer you `git clone` your fork, make your changes, then upload your changes (`git commit` and `git push`) back to your fork.

Then go back to the website and do what it says to do to create a "merge request" ("pull request" is GitHub's term for it) between your fork and my upstream. GitLab will inform me, and I can make your contribution part of the official code, giving you credit as the contributor.

Phoenixflo44

by Phoenixflo44 » Post

I don't think it's going to be anything. This website is locked and will remain locked.
Spoiler
I hate my life

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

what do you mean locked?

Phoenixflo44

by Phoenixflo44 » Post

It is unreachable
Spoiler
I hate my life

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Sounds like you have firewall or something getting in your way. Nothing I can do about that.

mickeyfmann

by mickeyfmann » Post

This is probably a simple question but I haven't found the answer to it yet. I'm running Minetest 4.17, using the latest versions of Home Decor, Unified Dyes, More Blocks and Colored Wood. What I'm noticing is that I can't craft colored variations of the various home decor or wood items. But rather have to craft their plain white or basic versions, place them and then hit them with the dye to color them. An example would be shutters, I was trying to make white shutters and I can't craft them but if I place them and then hit them with white dye, I get white shutters. The color variations also do not show in the craft guide.

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

mickeyfmann wrote:This is probably a simple question but I haven't found the answer to it yet. I'm running Minetest 4.17, using the latest versions of Home Decor, Unified Dyes, More Blocks and Colored Wood. What I'm noticing is that I can't craft colored variations of the various home decor or wood items. But rather have to craft their plain white or basic versions, place them and then hit them with the dye to color them. An example would be shutters, I was trying to make white shutters and I can't craft them but if I place them and then hit them with white dye, I get white shutters. The color variations also do not show in the craft guide.
Yes, i noticed it too. I know colorful stuff had been exposed in inventory in more old versions of home decor modpack. Now they are really not craftable.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

That might be a temporary state. There have been some changes regarding coloring. Homedecor is making use of them. The last information I have is that VanessaE is waiting for the merge of a particular PR.
Until then...try hitting the node in question while wielding dye. Perhaps it works.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Mardarth

by Mardarth » Post

I have installed this mudpack and have found a few items that need tweaking. Most of the items do not shut my server down when I place them, yet some of the items do such as the piano and white door.

Here's the error I get when I try to place the white bedroom door left opening

2018-08-08 09:34:55: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'homedecor' in callback item_OnPlace(): .../mods/homedecor_modpack/homedecor/handlers/expansion.lua:107: attempt to call field 'is_enabled_for' (a nil value)
2018-08-08 09:34:55: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2018-08-08 09:34:55: ERROR[Main]: 	.../mods/homedecor_modpack/homedecor/handlers/expansion.lua:107: in function <.../mods/homedecor_modpack/homedecor/handlers/expansion.lua:87>
And here's the code I get when I try to place the piano

2018-08-08 09:41:30: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod '' in callback item_OnPlace(): .../mods/homedecor_modpack/homedecor/handlers/expansion.lua:107: attempt to call field 'is_enabled_for' (a nil value)
2018-08-08 09:41:30: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2018-08-08 09:41:30: ERROR[Main]: 	.../mods/homedecor_modpack/homedecor/handlers/expansion.lua:107: in function <.../mods/homedecor_modpack/homedecor/handlers/expansion.lua:87>
This error happens with a number of items, yet not all. I can place signs, most of the furniture, and other items with no problems.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Mardarth wrote:This error happens with a number of items, yet not all. I can place signs, most of the furniture, and other items with no problems.
You will also get the same error in other mods because your minetest_game (and most likely Minetest itself too) is outdated. This modpack requires at least version 0.4.16; see main post.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Mardarth

by Mardarth » Post

Thank you Krock, I have tested the mod on both 4.16 and 4.17 on my home computer, both still give the error.

The Ubuntu server I am running it on is running version 4.16

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Mardarth wrote:Thank you Krock, I have tested the mod on both 4.16 and 4.17 on my home computer, both still give the error.

The Ubuntu server I am running it on is running version 4.16
You need to update Minetest game to the version corresponding to the engine. ie: 0.4.16
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Mardarth

by Mardarth » Post

Thank you Ruben, I misunderstood. I was downloading the latest stable version of the game engine and thought that was the only dependency. I re-read your explanation and now I think I understand how the engine works better.

This mod works fine when using the barebones default game. I was trying to use it on the Legend Of Minetest game that is released in the games forum, it's a game that seems to be updated regularly but since it was created years ago, maybe it's not been updated for 4.16 or 4.17.

Thanks for the assistance!!!

And thank you Krock, I misunderstood what you said, it's all clear now!

Betty4Cracker
GitHub: betty
IRC: betty
In-game: lucy

by Betty4Cracker » Post

Thanks so much for all the amazing hard work! This is a really epic mode.
I found another post, they also have some home decor ideas.
Here is the link- http://brightstuffs.com/diy-country-dec ... iful-home/