[Modpack] Home Decor [git] [homedecor_modpack]

Sarah1235

Re: [Modpack] Home Decor [git] [homedecor_modpack]

by Sarah1235 » Post

It's extremely wonderful. I like the mod very much. Thanks.

FelipeGames2000
In-game: FelipeGames1000

____

by FelipeGames2000 » Post

I Cant Use The Mod In My Minetest

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Please do not make repetitive posts or write gibberish.

What version of Minetest engine? How old/new is minetest_game? What specifically is wrong? Post the last 30 or so lines from your debug.txt.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

MT_Dad

by MT_Dad » Post

Is it possible to switch or control glowlights wirelessly?

Hello all,

I am building larger structures like houses, malls, parking lots etc., and I am wondering if it's possible to control glowlights without having to wire them on a digiline or mesecon connection. That way it would be possible to illuminate buildings etc. at sunset and switch off lighting at sunrise. Wiring is no option as this would ruin the appearance of the building and is a quite cumbersome task when you have to wire somewhat like 50+ lights. :)

The perfect solution would be sending a digiline message, so it would be possible to dim the lights instead of just switching them on and off.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Not really, unless you know of a device that will explicitly send on/off events outside of the usual Mesecons API stuff, as I don't think it's possible to do that within the API.

However, like most Mesecons-compatible devices, just about all of the lights will react to something on the other side of a wall that can poke through, like a Mesecons wall lever or Homedecor's light switch.

Just about all of the lights are Digilines compatible also, so maybe there's some mod that supplies a "wireless transmitter" that'll work through that route?

In fact, I would strongly favor a pull request that can turn HD's decorative "Wifi router" item into something that can do this (of course it'd have to get its light control commands from a LuaController).
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

T6C
In-game: T6C

by T6C » Post

Just downloaded this mod, and I'm really liking it. Great job, Vanessa! This is perfect for those builds that need to include furnishings. :)

I'm a complete n00b when it comes to mesecons, and I can't figure out how to get the rope light (I'm using the ceiling one) to work. I have a light switch on the wall, but it's not turning the light on. I tried running mesecon wires from the light switch to the light, but I can't get the wires to go along the wall and ceiling, even with the screwdriver tool. I know I'm just missing something really simple.

lortas

by lortas » Post

Hi

I got the following warnings after activating this mod:

Code: Select all

WARNING[Server]: Deprecated call to get_attribute, use MetaDataRef methods instead. (at ..../mods/homedecor_modpack/homedecor_wardrobe/init.lua:176)
and

WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: 3dforniture:table_lamp -> homedecor:table_lamp_off
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: 3dforniture:table_lamp_max -> homedecor:table_lamp_14
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: homedecor:ceiling_lamp_max -> homedecor:ceiling_lamp_14
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: homedecor:ceiling_lantern_max -> homedecor:ceiling_lantern_14
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: homedecor:desk_lamp_max -> homedecor:desk_lamp_14
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: homedecor:glowlight_half_max -> homedecor:glowlight_half_14
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: homedecor:glowlight_quarter_max -> homedecor:glowlight_quarter_14
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: homedecor:glowlight_small_cube_max -> homedecor:glowlight_small_cube_14
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: homedecor:ground_lantern_max -> homedecor:ground_lantern_14
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: homedecor:hanging_lantern_max -> homedecor:hanging_lantern_14
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: homedecor:lattice_lantern_large_max -> homedecor:lattice_lantern_large_14
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: homedecor:lattice_lantern_small_max -> homedecor:lattice_lantern_small_14
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: homedecor:plasma_ball_off -> homedecor:plasma_ball_0
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: homedecor:plasma_ball_on -> homedecor:plasma_ball_14
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: homedecor:plasma_lamp_max -> homedecor:plasma_lamp_14
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: homedecor:rope_light_on_ceiling_off -> homedecor:rope_light_on_ceiling_0
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: homedecor:rope_light_on_ceiling_on -> homedecor:rope_light_on_ceiling_14
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: homedecor:rope_light_on_floor_off -> homedecor:rope_light_on_floor_0
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: homedecor:rope_light_on_floor_on -> homedecor:rope_light_on_floor_14
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: homedecor:standing_lamp_max -> homedecor:standing_lamp_14
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: homedecor:table_lamp_max -> homedecor:table_lamp_14

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

These warnings are harmless. Ignore them.

lortas

by lortas » Post

Are you sure that "deprecated call" warnings should be ignored?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Yes, it's fine. Deprecated calls can be addressed later, when the engine starts rejecting them altogether. :-P

T6C

by T6C » Post

*bump*

Any idea what I'm doing wrong with the rope lights? I still can't get them to turn on. The other lights (e.g., desk lamp) seem to work fine, just not the rope lights.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

You just have to connect one of the rope lights to a Mesecon wire or a Mese block, from the side, top, or bottom and then branch them off from there. It's dependent on the connection rules of the conductors you're using. For example:

Foreground is normal "floor" variant of the lights, background are the ceiling variant. On the left in the back, you can see where I poked through the ceiling with a Mese block to connect to the lights.
Attachments
Screenshot_2020-11-29_00-39-09.png
Screenshot_2020-11-29_00-39-09.png (947.03 KiB) Viewed 2446 times

T6C

by T6C » Post

I really need to learn how to use mesecons properly. So, if I connect a mesecon block to a switch via a wire, then from the switch to the rope light, would that allow me to turn the light on and off with the switch?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Sounds about right; those are Mesecon switch blocks in my screenshot.

StaticCurrent
GitHub: Johnnyreyman
IRC: StaticCurrent
In-game: StaticCurrentGL

by StaticCurrent » Post

I have been getting these errors with the homedecor pack:

2021-01-04 18:26:04: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "jeija_solar_panel.png" while building texture; Creating a dummy image
2021-01-04 18:26:06: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "basic_materials_concrete_block.png" while building texture; Creating a dummy image
2021-01-04 18:26:12: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "doors_door_steelpanel.png" while building texture; Creating a dummy image
2021-01-04 18:26:13: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "xpanes_space.png" while building texture; Creating a dummy image
2021-01-04 18:26:13: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "homedecor_chimney_tb.png" while building texture; Creating a dummy image
2021-01-04 18:26:13: ERROR[Main]: Client::getMesh(): Mesh not found: "homedecor_chimney.obj"
Plus all the homedecor items are showing unknown node blocks. What might be my issue?
The errors I am seeing.
The errors I am seeing.
Error.png (639.73 KiB) Viewed 2446 times

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Small update: all computers, the 3d printer, soda machine, beer taps and mug, and tool cabinet have been moved to my Home Workshop modpack, since I finally decided they really have nothing to do with *decor* as such.

You can get it here: https://gitlab.com/VanessaE/home_workshop_modpack

Dreambuilder users: this morning's build includes these updates.

redblade7
IRC: redneonglow redblade7
In-game: redblade7 redblade7_owner

by redblade7 » Post

After updating my servers to 5.4.0, I tried installing the new home_workshop_modpack (along with updating homedecor_modpack) on my servers, but the game crashes looking for an init.lua in the root home_workshop_modpack folder.

I tried creating a blank init.lua but it didn't load anything under it.

I see that homedecor_modpack doesn't have an init.lua in the root folder, why does home_workshop_modpack need one?

EDIT: Had to add a blank file modpack.txt to the root folder.
-redblade7, admin of: THE CREATIVE GARDENS (creative), THE VALLEYS (sandbox), and THE DIGITAL FARMS (farming/hunger/shops)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

OOPS! How did I miss that? Fixed.

pavz36
In-game: pavz36

by pavz36 » Post

Hello,
maybe it was already solved here, maybe not. This is question:
How do I make it possible to sleep in Home Decor beds (like: homedecor:bed_regular), when I can only sleep in default beds - simple bed (beds:bed_bottom) and fancy bed (beds:fancy_bed_bottom)? Thanks.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

There is code in place to allow for sleeping if I recall right. Problem is, HD's beds used minetest_game's default beds' sleeping code, but it just wouldn't behave, so that feature was disabled.

If someone can figure it out and make them work reliably, I welcome it.

T6C

by T6C » Post

I've often wondered why we can't sit in many of the different HD chairs, either. I figured it was something that could be implemented, and was just de-prioritised for other features. If I ever get a chance to learn lua properly, I might take a stab at fixing that.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

There is code to allow sitting, but it's only used with the lrfurn sofas and chairs in homedecor_seating, not on any of the other kinds of seating.

It's on my TODO but I haven't looked into it yet, so I don't know if the sitting height, position, and facing direction are variable in that code (they'd need to be in order for that code to work with HD's other kinds of seating).

If you think you can implement/extend it, please do. :-)

A suggestion if you do: it would be nice if you could allow the player to rotate the office chairs to follow their facing direction while seated.

ronoaldo
GitHub: ronoaldo
IRC: ronoaldo
In-game: RonoaldoKakashi

by ronoaldo » Post

Hi! I'm facing some homedecor nodes missing after a recent update I made to my server. Was items like homedecor:soda_machine intentionally removed from the pack? I had them working by May and now that I have done the update (along with other mod updates) some nods display the "unknown node" block placeholder.
Servers: Mercurio | Tools: ContentDB CLI | Mods: minenews

ronoaldo

by ronoaldo » Post

Specifically I got so far:
- computer:tetris_arcade unable to render (but the tetris works somehow?)
- homedecor:soda_machine unable to render

I figured out that there were some aliasing for computer:tetris, but seems to no longer be the case? The soda machine also seems to be on another modpack, checking it out now!

ronoaldo

by ronoaldo » Post

Perhaps unrelated, but could be a potential bug in the future:

<WARNING> 2021-08-23 00:38:11: [Main] Undeclared global variable "desc2" accessed at
...bin/../mods/homedecor_modpack/homedecor_kitchen/init.lua:257
And seems that all I had to do was to install a new one :P Thanks for the work VanessaE and all on this mod :)

All seems god now!!!