[Modpack] Home Decor [git] [homedecor_modpack]

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

Re: [Modpack] Home Decor [git] [homedecor_modpack]

by Linuxdirk » Post

VanessaE wrote:This can't be the latest homedecor code
git status says it is …
VanessaE wrote:What subgame are you using? How up-to-date is it?
I’m using Carbone. It’s the latest version available through Git.

Code: Select all

$ git status
On branch master
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
nothing to commit, working directory clean

jp
Banned
GitHub: kilbith

by jp » Post

I can reproduce your issue with Carbone... The default.gui_* (which allow displaying a fancy inventory) are not supported in Carbone.

It's up to Calinou to fix that in his game.

Peter Lowe

by Peter Lowe » Post

HI Vanessa,

I seem to be constantly getting the following message on start up ERROR: ModError: Unresolved name: conflicts for mods "Building Blocks" , "chains", "computer", "fake fire", "homedecor 3d extras", "Inbox". It's my first go at loading mods so be gentle, I have to start teaching this stuff in a couple of weeks, when we move from 'Python' to 'Lua' for Candidate Projects in Computing.

Regards,

Peter

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Hello Peter.

Sounds like you may have several instances of homedecor installed somewhere. Check that the subgame you are using does not already contain the homedecor mod (for example, Dreambuilder does). If so, just move/delete the duplicates out of the mod search path.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

A few updates: cutlery set, beer mug, trash can, and a few other items have been replaced with mesh nodes. Also added office chairs in "basic" and "upscale" styles. All models originally by jp, with modifications.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Peter Lowe

by Peter Lowe » Post

Thanks, much better, just one error showing now:-

ERROR:modError: Failed to run /home/peter/minetest/mods/homedecor 3d extras/init.lua

I realise that is just the pathway to init.lua. Could just be a faulty title somewhere?

Regards,

Peter

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

You apparently renamed the folder - it should be homedecor_3d_extras (with the underscores). However if you transcribed that from your screen after an error and just typoed it, then that component would only fail if you're using too-old of a version of Minetest (typically citing the "override_item" function; this modpack requires 0.4.11 or newer).
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

vitaminx

by vitaminx » Post

Last edited by vitaminx on Sun Sep 23, 2018 15:55, edited 1 time in total.

superschizo
In-game: uberdorf

by superschizo » Post

VanessaE wrote:... this modpack requires 0.4.11 or newer).
No stable minetest 0.4.11 has been released yet for Ubuntu 14.10, which is the most recent version of Ubuntu, so many of the Ubuntu players (including myself when on linux) still use minetest 0.4.10. Could using the 0.4.10 engine with the current home decor modpack be causing my world databases to get corrupted? What problems could we expect from using this modpack with minetest 0.4.10?

ThatGraemeGuy
GitHub: thatgraemeguy
IRC: ThatGraemeGuy
In-game: thatgraemeguy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

superschizo wrote:
VanessaE wrote:... this modpack requires 0.4.11 or newer).
No stable minetest 0.4.11 has been released yet for Ubuntu 14.10, which is the most recent version of Ubuntu, so many of the Ubuntu players (including myself when on linux) still use minetest 0.4.10. Could using the 0.4.10 engine with the current home decor modpack be causing my world databases to get corrupted? What problems could we expect from using this modpack with minetest 0.4.10?
Frankly, you're better off just building it from the source rather than trying to use the distro package, as per: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3837

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

vitaminx: just ignore those messages. They are just an indication of code that needs cleaned up, not a compatibility issue, and are non-fatal in practice. They will all be sorted out sooner or later. :-)

superschizo: expect at the very least, mesh nodes such as shutters and wine racks being rendered as strangely-textured cubes (rather than proper shapes), and probably crashes here and there where code is calling on some 0.4.11-or-newer game function.

I use Xubuntu on my home PC, Debian on my server boxes, and building Minetest for these two platforms and anything else derived from Debian is quite trivial. See the link ThatGraemeGuy gave, or the README in the Minetest sources.

afflatus
GitHub: 0-afflatus
IRC: afflatus
In-game: afflatus

by afflatus » Post

Following on from our conversation on IRC:

re: signs_lib
I want to make the text image slightly smaller, but the code is so gnomic I don't dare attempt a mod without taking advice. I can see how to reduce the number of characters per line, but how can I make the resultant PNG about 2 pixels smaller in every direction?
Grailtest is stirring ...

afflatus
GitHub: 0-afflatus
IRC: afflatus
In-game: afflatus

by afflatus » Post

I managed to get acceptable results messing about with TEXT_SCALE
Grailtest is stirring ...

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Also, the writable books in Homedecor are using old code, my own is newer and word-wraps books properly...
In his Xanadu server topic, TenPlus1 posted this about the books in the homedecor mod. He could be of great assistance to you if you let him.

jp
Banned

by jp » Post

Inocudom wrote:TenPlus1 posted this about the books in the homedecor mod. He could be of great assistance to you if you let him.
No, don't need. I've already borrowed his word-wrapping code* with an enhancement : a proper "disabled" textarea for reader ;)

* which simply consist in a single line change in the formspec.

LazerRay
GitHub: LazerRay

by LazerRay » Post

I'm not sure if anyone thought of this, but I figured out a crafting recipe to convert the thin glow lights back into the think versions. The new coding is for the Home Decor Crafts script, I already have it in my copy to help clean up extra thin lights.

The code for the yellow lights

minetest.register_craft({
        output = "homedecor:glowlight_half_yellow 1",
        recipe = {
		{"homedecor:glowlight_quarter_yellow", "homedecor:glowlight_quarter_yellow", },
	}
})
The code for the white lights

minetest.register_craft({
        output = "homedecor:glowlight_half_white 1",
        recipe = {
		{"homedecor:glowlight_quarter_white", "homedecor:glowlight_quarter_white", },
	}
})
(Both codes basically use two Thin Lights to make one Thick Light, similar to two slabs making one full block)

dgm5555

by dgm5555 » Post

What would be make this mod *really* amazing would be the ability to change font size from the editing dialog (even if it was for the entire sign rather than the differential colours you've acheived). It's always annoyed me how rubbish the classic signs look, and this gives the option of any font type you wish. (Of course even better would be autosizing to automatically calculate the maximum size possible on any given sign)
I admit I don't really understand what you are doing with your code, but it couldn't be that much slower to just add up the widths of all the characters rather than averaging. And that would also give you the option of accurate vertical and horizontal centering. Given that the texture is only built when the sign is edited (I think?), it wouldn't matter if it was a bit slow, after all how often do players actually edit signs. I'd love it (because I'd like to know how to create textures on the fly) if you explained it a bit more clearly...

BUG :-(
However there's a bug with the resizing of the fonts in signs_lib. I've just download the latest git and on 0.4.11
The larger the actual font size, the smaller it is displayed on the sign
Try the following to resize to a larger amount and see how microscopic it gets (or just copy the supplied fonts into the texture directory)...

#!/usr/bin/python
from PIL import Image
import os, sys

pathOut = "/home/david/.minetest/mods/homedecor_modpack/signs_lib/textures/"
pathIn = "/home/david/.minetest/mods/homedecor_modpack/signs_lib/extra_fonts/34px/"
dirs = os.listdir( pathIn )
tgtHeight = 56

def resize():
    for item in dirs:
        if os.path.isfile(pathIn+item):
            print(pathIn+item)
            im = Image.open(pathIn+item)
            f, e = os.path.splitext(pathOut+item)
            tgtWidth = int(im.size[0]*(tgtHeight/im.size[1]))
            size = tgtWidth,tgtHeight

imResize = im.resize(size, Image.ANTIALIAS)
            imResize.save(f + '.png', 'PNG', quality=90)

resize()
However if you edit the code to

-- Size of the canvas, in characters.
local CHARS_PER_LINE = 15
local NUMBER_OF_LINES = 1
Then I get the following (using 56px high font):-
And the following doing nothing but replacing the above font with a 15px high font in the textures directory.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

LazerRay: good idea. I've made the recipes shapeless though.

dgm5555: I've been wanting font size choices on signs for a while too, but I only understand small parts of the code. Um... *pokes at kaeza*

12Me21
GitHub: 12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

I was wondering, did my computer ever get added to this?

Also, I don't really like how the flowerpots look. It stands out from all the other textures and nodeboxes.

jp
Banned

by jp » Post

Update : new chains models, added lanterns, added picture frames, added desk lamps, better books models and various tweaking/fixes.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

12Me21: I don't remember the computer you're talking about, but this modpack does come with a computers mod which has quite a few things from classic 8-bit computers to modern PCs and laptops, modern desktops, a server machine, and a few misc peripherals.

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

VanessaE wrote:12Me21: I don't remember the computer you're talking about, but this modpack does come with a computers mod which has quite a few things from classic 8-bit computers to modern PCs and laptops, modern desktops, a server machine, and a few misc peripherals.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5386
kaeza wrote:
12Me21 wrote:Try adding this to the code,

minetest.register_on_punchnode = function (pos, node, puncher)
    if node.name == 'computer:comp1_on' then
        local dir = node["param2"]
        minetest.env:add_node(pos, {name="computer:comp1_off", paramtype2='none', param2=dir})
        nodeupdate(pos)
    elseif node.name == 'computer:comp1_off' then
        minetest.env:add_node(pos, {name="computer:comp1_on", paramtype2='none', param2=dir})
        nodeupdate(pos)
    end
end
It probably won't work, because I can't test it.
Already done in my mod (I still didn't add your towers, but will do soon). Look here for turn on/off: https://github.com/kaeza/minetest-compu ... it.lua#L32

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

12Me21 wrote:
VanessaE wrote:12Me21: I don't remember the computer you're talking about, but this modpack does come with a computers mod which has quite a few things from classic 8-bit computers to modern PCs and laptops, modern desktops, a server machine, and a few misc peripherals.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5386
kaeza wrote:
12Me21 wrote:Try adding this to the code,

minetest.register_on_punchnode = function (pos, node, puncher)
    if node.name == 'computer:comp1_on' then
        minetest.env:add_node(pos, {name="computer:comp1_off", paramtype2='none', param2=dir})
        nodeupdate(pos)
    elseif node.name == 'computer:comp1_off' then
        minetest.env:add_node(pos, {name="computer:comp1_on", paramtype2='none', param2=dir})
        nodeupdate(pos)
    end
end
It probably won't work, because I can't test it.
Already done in my mod (I still didn't add your towers, but will do soon). Look here for turn on/off: https://github.com/kaeza/minetest-compu ... it.lua#L32
and
kaeza wrote:This mod is now part of homedecor_modpack. Updates will be posted on that topic.

LazerRay
GitHub: LazerRay

by LazerRay » Post

In case no one has thought of it yet, I have some suggestions for materials for Home Decor items that are currently not craft-able.

Globe Crafting = Wood Plank, Stick, Paper, Green Dye X1, Blue Dye X2
Tool Cabinet = Kitchen Cabinet, Steel Ingots, Plastic Sheets
Granite = Marble, Tar (if the Technic Pack is not installed)

These are just materials lists, I haven't thought of the layouts yet and most of the amounts (except for the dyes needed for the globe).

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

The desk should be able to store items, since it has drawers, both in the node and the crafting recipe.
Also, it should be able to face the other way, with the drawers on the right side.