[Modpack] Home Decor [git] [homedecor_modpack]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Right click to open them. If that won't work, your Minetest version is probably too old to support the right click function.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

There is something wrong with the init.lua file of this mod. I renamed the mod's folder to homedecor, but it still won't load.
Last edited by Inocudom on Thu Oct 24, 2013 04:44, edited 1 time in total.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Inocudom wrote:There is something wrong with the init.lua file of this mod. I renamed the mod's folder to homedecor, but it still won't load.
I just tested homedecor. It works. However the first time I tried I got this error:

10:35:16: ERROR[main]: ...minetest-minetest-3c4734d/bin/../mods/homedecor/init.lua:16: unexpected symbol near '.'

The error I made was that I browsed the Github code and downloaded the most recent version with ZIP and got this one:
homedecor-master (1).zip

Then I installed this one:
VanessaE-homedecor-e04a0e5.zip
I didn't look at the date. This version gave me the init.lua error.

Then I downloaded with the direct link this one:
VanessaE-homedecor-eb1ccc3.zip
which worked fine.

Using the ZIP in Github (again) gave me this version:
homedecor-master (2).zip
which is an exact copy of the working one (as it should be). (and is also the same as homedecor-master (1).zip

I hope this helps you.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I run what's in git HEAD for homedecor without any issues, but then again I also run an up-to-date git build of Minetest (though anything from the stable release on up should work?)

Inocudom, what error did you get? Are you sure you're up-to-date?

Topywo, I checked the git log and it looks like you just got caught between updates is all. A fix for the bug in e04a0e5e got pushed later that same day (92d8a53f).
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

11:24:36: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
11:24:36: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
11:24:36: ERROR[main]: C:\minetest-0.4.7-dev-win64-382357d61c\bin\..\mods\homedecor\init.lua:
11:24:36: ERROR[main]: ...st-0.4.7-dev-win64-382357d61c\bin\..\builtin\builtin.lua:16: Could not find font line height.
11:24:36: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
11:24:36: ERROR[main]: [C]: in function 'errorfct'
11:24:36: ERROR[main]: ...st-0.4.7-dev-win64-382357d61c\bin\..\builtin\builtin.lua:16: in function 'error'
11:24:36: ERROR[main]: ...dev-win64-382357d61c\bin\..\mods\homedecor/signs_lib.lua:164: in function 'build_char_db'
11:24:36: ERROR[main]: ...dev-win64-382357d61c\bin\..\mods\homedecor/signs_lib.lua:639: in main chunk
11:24:36: ERROR[main]: [C]: in function 'dofile'
11:24:36: ERROR[main]: ....4.7-dev-win64-382357d61c\bin\..\mods\homedecor\init.lua:57: in main chunk
11:24:36: ERROR[main]: =======END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
11:24:36: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run C:\minetest-0.4.7-dev-win64-382357d61c\bin\..\mods\homedecor\init.lua
11:24:36: ERROR[main]: ModError: Failed to load and run C:\minetest-0.4.7-dev-win64-382357d61c\bin\..\mods\homedecor\init.lua

My build of Minetest is up-to-date.

Nightshade

by Nightshade » Post

I also get a very similar error trying to load the mod from the link in your first post:

11:32:33: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
11:32:33: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
11:32:33: ERROR[main]: C:\Users\Adam Daniels\Desktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\homedecor\init.lua:
11:32:33: ERROR[main]: ...sktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\homedecor/signs_lib.lua:164: Could not find font line height.
11:32:33: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
11:32:33: ERROR[main]: [C]: in function 'error'
11:32:33: ERROR[main]: ...sktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\homedecor/signs_lib.lua:164: in function 'build_char_db'
11:32:33: ERROR[main]: ...sktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\homedecor/signs_lib.lua:639: in main chunk
11:32:33: ERROR[main]: [C]: in function 'dofile'
11:32:33: ERROR[main]: ...ls\Desktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\homedecor\init.lua:57: in main chunk
11:32:33: ERROR[main]: =======END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Nightshade wrote:11:32:33: ERROR[main]: ...sktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\homedecor/signs_lib.lua:164: Could not find font line height.
Hmm...
Check in mods/homedecor/textures/ and see if you have a lot of files named "hdf_XX.png", where <XX> are two numbers or letters.
Edit: Just tested with a fresh clone from git on Linux, and seems to work OK. My guess is that it's something related to Windows.
Last edited by kaeza on Thu Oct 24, 2013 16:20, edited 1 time in total.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

Nightshade

by Nightshade » Post

kaeza wrote:
Nightshade wrote:11:32:33: ERROR[main]: ...sktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\homedecor/signs_lib.lua:164: Could not find font line height.
Hmm...
Check in mods/homedecor/textures/ and see if you have a lot of files named "hdf_XX.png", where <XX> are two numbers or letters.
Edit: Just tested with a fresh clone from git on Linux, and seems to work OK. My guess is that it's something related to Windows.
I do have those files.

kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Nightshade wrote:I do have those files.
Try something for me:

Open mods/homedecor/signs_lib.lua in notepad, and change line 63 from:

Code: Select all

local f = io.open(filename)
To:

Code: Select all

local f = io.open(filename, "rb")
Do the same to line 149.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Nightshade

by Nightshade » Post

That worked! Thanks!

kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Nightshade wrote:That worked! Thanks!
Thank you and Inocudom for reporting.

Added here.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

I like what was done with the signs, as they can display much more text now. I noticed that words can be broken on the edges of the signs, with one half of them on the right of the upper line and the other half of them on the left of the lower line. That seems like a glitch, but it could be intentional (maybe put a hyphen or some other separator where words are broken on both halves.)

I think a bigger window for entering text would be a good idea (both for signs and for chat.)
Last edited by Inocudom on Thu Oct 24, 2013 22:26, edited 1 time in total.

Azuna

by Azuna » Post

VanessaE wrote:rename the resultant VanessaE-homedecor-blahblah folder to just "homedecor", and move it into Minetest's mods directory.

Okay, i just got 0.4.7 because of the calls of "OMG GET A NEWER VERSON, NOOB!" okay, not exactly like that but, whatever. but i did whats the above said, and it says there may be something wrong. heres the error:
Failed
to load and run script from C:\Minetest\bin\..\mods\homedecor\init.lua: C:\Minetest\bin\..\mods\homedecor/signs_lib.lua
did not find font line height
Edit: had to type it, sorry
Last edited by Azuna on Thu Oct 24, 2013 22:26, edited 1 time in total.

kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Inocudom wrote:That seems like a glitch, but it could be intentional (maybe put a hyphen or some other separator where words are broken on both halves.)
120% Glitch, -20% intentional (known BTW)
Azuna wrote:did not find font line height
Read the post(s) above.

Azuna

by Azuna » Post

kaeza wrote:
Hmm...
I have over 20 files with that same relation, but it still is not working.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Azuna wrote:
VanessaE wrote:rename the resultant VanessaE-homedecor-blahblah folder to just "homedecor", and move it into Minetest's mods directory.

Okay, i just got 0.4.7 because of the calls of "OMG GET A NEWER VERSON, NOOB!" okay, not exactly like that but, whatever. but i did whats the above said, and it says there may be something wrong. heres the error:
Failed
to load and run script from C:\Minetest\bin\..\mods\homedecor\init.lua: C:\Minetest\bin\..\mods\homedecor/signs_lib.lua
did not find font line height
Edit: had to type it, sorry
It looks like that error was fixed recently. You should try downloading the latest version of homedecor from GitHub. Also, did you get the very latest build from either Fess (64-bit,) BlockMen (32-bit,) or sfan5 (32-bit?) Of course, those builds only work on Windows. What operating system are you using?

kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Azuna wrote:I have over 20 files with that same relation, but it still is not working.
kaeza wrote:
Nightshade wrote:That worked! Thanks!
Thank you and Inocudom for reporting.

Added here.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Azuna, in the case of Minetest, when someone says you should update, usually they don't mean a stable release, but rather a development build. On the minetest.net website under Downloads, you will see "unofficial builds". Get one of those.

kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Inocudom wrote:I noticed that words can be broken on the edges of the signs, with one half of them on the right of the upper line and the other half of them on the left of the lower line. That seems like a glitch, but it could be intentional (maybe put a hyphen or some other separator where words are broken on both halves.)
Fixed: https://github.com/VanessaE/homedecor/c ... 1a9eb5ca73

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Updates today: Cy1 added Mesecons support for opening/closing doors and made some bugfixes in sounds. With this code, doors now directly track if they are open or closed.

Best of all, now we have automatic placement of right-hand-facing doors. Place a door, then another of the same type to its right. All doors always return the "left" facing one on dig.

All doors you may have in your inventory or stored somewhere are always placed as "left facing" (even if they're right-facing) by default. If you need to force placing a right-facing door, just hold "sneak" (usually the Shift key) when placing it. That being the case, I got rid of the old craft recipes for converting between left and right doors since they're no longer needed.

falsegrayburger
In-game: naro

by falsegrayburger » Post

If possible, do not add a block of a hunter tool rack, etc.?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Such objects are possible, but in my opinion are not within the scope of this mod. A "hunter's tool rack", which I presume means a gun rack, would be best added to something like the firearms mod.

falsegrayburger

Different different
I have to say that the tool rack that allows you not including the gun, put the sword and ax and
It is, I think good as an item of survival life in my opinion

falsegrayburger

In addition, "hunter's tool rack " is a failure of Google Translate,
In fact, I was going tool rack likely to house hunters (such as a bow)
There is also likely to house the woodcutter it (such as ax)

Will Dojinn

by Will Dojinn » Post

Recommends: buckets, vessels, wool (any version)
This mod looks absolutely great. The problem is... I can't seem to find either Buckets or Vessels yet they get referenced /EVERYWHERE/.

Could someone help a noob out?

Mods like this one as well as others I've seen really do spruce the place up a bit.