Page 12 of 40

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 18:42
by Sokomine
Seeing how useful these hatches in RealTest are, I plan to include one into my cottages mod as well. I see homedecor more as a mod for rather modern houses found in towns, while cottages aims at medieval/rural.

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 20:43
by TenPlus1
Inocudom wrote:
VanessaE wrote:Adding them wouldn't be hard (they'd just be a minor variation of the gates code), but I dunno, trapdoors don't really fit well in a homedecor scheme I don't think. Other opinions?
Adding trapdoors would be a good idea (having gates face left and right like doors can would be nice too.)
Yeah, that's the one thing fences are missing out on are gates...

Also... How about a trashcan you can place stuff inside that automatically pulverizes them...

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 21:04
by kaeza
I think trap doors would be better as an extension. Trash can could be done (as it's part of your average home).

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 21:34
by Sokomine
TenPlus1 wrote: Yeah, that's the one thing fences are missing out on are gates...
The homedecor fences all come with gates. For fences from default, use either the gate from my cottages mod or from any other mod that adds such gates.
TenPlus1 wrote: Also... How about a trashcan you can place stuff inside that automatically pulverizes them...
That exists as a mod already :-) See the Trash Can mod by Evergreen.

A wardrobe might be nice. One with opening doors, 2x2 nodes :-)

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 21:39
by Topywo
TenPlus1 wrote:Any chance of adding trapdoors to this mod since you already have a nice selection of fancy doors ?
There are at least 3 trapdoors:

viewtopic.php?id=609 (post 28, cornernote)
viewtopic.php?id=3458 (3d)
viewtopic.php?id=4965 (part of doors mod)

You probably can also use the code to create more.

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 18:02
by Rehlgamer101
whenever I place a block on my server from this mod, my game completely gives out and I have to start over, Plz help me

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 19:19
by VanessaE
I need to know exactly what the error is that you're getting.

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 20:01
by Rehlgamer101
VanessaE wrote:I need to know exactly what the error is that you're getting.
Well, I try and place a light or any other piece of furniture and it crashes and takes me back to the menu, I can't tell you much more than that because I got rid of the mod so I could play the game.

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 21:16
by hoodedice
Rehlgamer101 wrote:
VanessaE wrote:I need to know exactly what the error is that you're getting.
Well, I try and place a light or any other piece of furniture and it crashes and takes me back to the menu, I can't tell you much more than that because I got rid of the mod so I could play the game.
Please reinstall the mod and make a test single player world. Enable the mod, then play around with the mod till it crashes. Then please post the last 20 or so lines of debug.txt, or the text in the console (the black window) here. It will be very much appreciated and will go a long way in further improving this mod. Also, it would be nice if you could also post your system specs, particularly the OS.

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 17:59
by VanessaE
Update: I split the signs_lib stuff from homedecor and put each into their own separate mods, and packaged the two together as a modpack so that regular homedecor users won't see a functional change, but this way others can take signs_lib and use it as a standalone mod.

It seems to work properly for me in singleplayer, but testers and pull requests for bugfixes, if any are needed, would be greatly appreciated. Please note that I've changed the repository name to homedecor_modpack.

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 22:20
by Daven
When I try to load it using the load_mod_<modname> = true, it doesnt work, why and what can I do to load it?

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 22:38
by VanessaE
Before you do anything, make sure you have gotten rid of any old versions of homedecor as they are obsolete now.

Now, first of all, you mentioned in my servers' chat that you had a bunch of extra stuff in the name, something to the effect of VanessaE-homedecor_modpack-4837824foo ... while that doesn't much matter for a modpack, you should take all the extra stuff off of the folder name. Just name it "homedecor_modpack".

Secondly, if you're doing this in singleplayer, don't bother doing the load_mod_xxxx method. Instead, use the menu. Copy the modpack to your Minetest mods folder, make sure Minetest can find it, and then go to your main menu, click once on the world you want to play in, and select "Configure". Then click on the modpack and select the "[X] Enable MP" checkbox at the top of the list. Hit the "Save" button and then go play that world.

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 17:51
by nayef_mazraani
Woohooo !! i Vanessa i saw u on most mods and well congrats top 5 minetest mods featuring ur mod :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD6ErFNBlXM !!! ur makin minetest better and better :D

Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 08:11
by Achilles
This is a Great mod, is there any chance of adding extra features to it tho, such as:

Eg1 Large Computers, not just the average sized ones but computers that could take up to two blocks or possibly larger in width- similar to IMacs.

Eg2 Wall TVs, Extremely large TVs that can be placed on walls only and that measure 4*8 blocks in size (size could be variable).

Eg3 A Fireplace, a way to make a fireplace with fire that moves but that cannot spread to any other object and cannot be put out with water. The fireplace can only be put out by the owner or an admin right/left clicking the fireplace.

Eg4 Mirrors, Mirrors that can be placed on walls and be used.

Eg5 Office Chairs, Blue/Black Office chairs that can be used as chairs for an Office or for PCs.

Thanks, Please let me know if this can be done :)

Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:03
by twoelk
Achilles wrote:...

Eg3 A Fireplace, a way to make a fireplace with fire that moves but that cannot spread to any other object and cannot be put out with water. The fireplace can only be put out by the owner or an admin right/left clicking the fireplace.

...
like the fake fire mod?
See it work for example on the "King Arthur" server or Vanessa's Creative and Survival servers among others.

Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 14:55
by qwrwed
Achilles wrote:This is a Great mod, is there any chance of adding extra features to it tho, such as:

Eg1 Large Computers, not just the average sized ones but computers that could take up to two blocks or possibly larger in width- similar to IMacs.

Eg2 Wall TVs, Extremely large TVs that can be placed on walls only and that measure 4*8 blocks in size (size could be variable).

Eg3 A Fireplace, a way to make a fireplace with fire that moves but that cannot spread to any other object and cannot be put out with water. The fireplace can only be put out by the owner or an admin right/left clicking the fireplace.

Eg4 Mirrors, Mirrors that can be placed on walls and be used.

Eg5 Office Chairs, Blue/Black Office chairs that can be used as chairs for an Office or for PCs.

Thanks, Please let me know if this can be done :)
I have made a plasma screen TV mod with textures by VanessaE, although at the moment the only size is 2x3 (there is a link in my signature).
Mirrors currently aren't possible without a lot of work; they have been discussed here and here.
A large computer mod has also been made.

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 03:32
by crystaldynamic
Cute mod, Vanessa! This mod is in your server of Survival or the Creative?



Bye :-)

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 03:38
by Novacain
it should be in both. homedecor is a classic/essential for home decoration. only one it shouldn't be in is vanilla.

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 09:42
by Achilles
OK, Thanks qwrwed.

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 09:45
by Achilles
like the fake fire mod?
See it work for example on the "King Arthur" server or Vanessa's Creative and Survival servers among others.
Yea, more or less exactly like the fake fire mod. I like the idea of using the flint and steel to start the fire- Its not in anyway similar to how Minecraft does it :P

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 07:37
by rubberduck
i like this mod

but silver (only used for brass), gold, mithril and diamond have not much use in minetest.

i have some ideas for this:


my first idea is a glass table with gold/silver/mithril-border

> craft 5 tables (possible with all of the 3 glass tables) in a "+" and fill the rest with gold, silver or mithril
> you get 5 glass tables with borders

gold/silver/mithril table legs

> like the Brass Table Legs

gold/silver/mithril fences

> should not look like standard fences (a special form like Classic White Picket Fence or Basic privacy Fence)
> you don't have to install morefences

gold/silver/mithril pole

> like Brass Pole

diamond lamp

possible recipe:

nothing diamond crystal nothing

diamond crystal torch diamond crystal

nothing steel ingot nothing

(the steel ingot could be replaced by gold /silver/mithril (three kinds of diamond lamp, 4 with steel) if you want)

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 17:29
by Inocudom
rubberduck wrote:i like this mod

but silver (only used for brass), gold, mithril and diamond have not much use in minetest.

i have some ideas for this:


my first idea is a glass table with gold/silver/mithril-border

> craft 5 tables (possible with all of the 3 glass tables) in a "+" and fill the rest with gold, silver or mithril
> you get 5 glass tables with borders

gold/silver/mithril table legs

> like the Brass Table Legs

gold/silver/mithril fences

> should not look like standard fences (a special form like Classic White Picket Fence or Basic privacy Fence)
> you don't have to install morefences

gold/silver/mithril pole

> like Brass Pole

diamond lamp

possible recipe:

nothing diamond crystal nothing

diamond crystal torch diamond crystal

nothing steel ingot nothing

(the steel ingot could be replaced by gold /silver/mithril (three kinds of diamond lamp, 4 with steel) if you want)
Good ideas you have here, but I am under the impression that VanessaE doesn't wish to add much more to this mod.

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 00:24
by Micro_Steve
Great Mod! I got your texture pack as well.

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 14:59
by heavy gale
Is it planned to support Locked Sign Mod? I would like to read text written on locked signs directly on them, too.

The readable signs are missing special characters like äüö, is this planned to get fixed?

Re: [Modpack] Home Decor [20140126] [homedecor_modpack]

Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:03
by superschizo
Hi, I'm having trouble getting this mod to work. I have Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit, with a recent 0.4.9 dev of minetest that I downloaded and installed today (I have an issue with the stable version which is another subject). Minetest fails to load once I tried to install and configure worlds with this modpack and its dependencies. Here is the text from the debug.lua...
04:54:57: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
04:54:57: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
04:54:57: ERROR[main]: /home/scott/.minetest/mods/homedecor_modpack/init.lua:
04:54:57: ERROR[main]: /usr/share/minetest/builtin/misc_register.lua:60: Name unifieddyes:dark_red_s50 does not follow naming conventions: "modname:" or ":" prefix required
04:54:57: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
04:54:57: ERROR[main]: [C]: in function 'error'
04:54:57: ERROR[main]: /usr/share/minetest/builtin/misc_register.lua:60: in function 'check_modname_prefix'
04:54:57: ERROR[main]: /usr/share/minetest/builtin/misc_register.lua:96: in function 'register_item'
04:54:57: ERROR[main]: /usr/share/minetest/builtin/misc_register.lua:173: in function 'register_craftitem'
04:54:57: ERROR[main]: /home/scott/.minetest/mods/homedecor_modpack/init.lua:323: in main chunk
04:54:57: ERROR[main]: ======= END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
04:54:57: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run /home/scott/.minetest/mods/homedecor_modpack/init.lua
04:54:57: ERROR[main]: ModError: ModError: Failed to load and run /home/scott/.minetest/mods/homedecor_modpack/init.lua