[Mod] Temperature Survive 2.01 [tempsurvive]

Grubler
In-game: Grubler

Re: [Mod] Temperature Survive 2 [tempsurvive]

by Grubler » Post

Would it be possible to make it so that when it gets cold, or something, it may give a notification like, "It's cold!", or, "I'm cold!", or something like that on screen so it may be harder to not notice you are freezing before you start to get hurt and you might know why you are getting hurt? Like maybe text that has the same color as the bar color. Like progressively maybe, like "I'm freezing!", or something. "I'm burning up!" I don't know anything about modding at this time, so I don't know if it would be possible. Thank you.

Grubler

by Grubler » Post

I don't know much about modding and don't know if this would be hard to do but I may have some thoughts from trying to play with this mod. The first thing is it seems to be hard. If furnaces took longer to cook things then maybe they would stay on longer and might help out more. I was thinking if there could be something like insulated boots that I could make that would help me not get as cold if I were standing on something like ice or snow then that may make it easier to survive. I am still trying stuff out. Thank you for your time.

Also, if when I am getting really cold, instead or maybe in addition to the screen getting foggy, it may add some snowflake images on there then that may be interesting. Just an idea.

Grubler

by Grubler » Post

Though, that being said, I may not know what the mod was exactly intended for, so yeah. Alrighty then.

Inky_Bendy
In-game: Inky_Bendy

by Inky_Bendy » Post

I have a problem: I just turned this mod on on my survival world, but my temperature keeps going up... and up... and I'm not even in a hot biome. It's a pain getting it down, as it takes like 3 times longer to get the bar to go down 1, than it takes for it to go up 1. Any thing I should know on how to cool down fast?
;

Winter94
In-game: Azrael Winter WintersKnight

by Winter94 » Post

I'm having a similiar issue as Inky.

Inky_Bendy
In-game: Inky_Bendy

by Inky_Bendy » Post

Winter94 wrote:I'm having a similiar issue as Inky.
Makes me feel better.
I've also tried going into the code to change the time it takes for the bar to change, but that isn't really a solution as while it does slow down how fast my temperature rises, it also slows down how fast my temperature goes down too.

Winter94
In-game: Azrael Winter WintersKnight

by Winter94 » Post

I think the main issue is that mammals maintain homeostasis, that is to say, our internal temperatures are always trying to level back out to normal, and the code doesnt do that. you get hot, you stay hot until you are around something that cools you off.
There needs to be a cap to how much the environment can raise or lower your temperature, and there needs to be some code added to make you return to normal faster/more realistically.
I'd do it myself, but I'm very new to lua, and my coding skills are self-taught, so pretty much anything that I can do, anyone who has actually gone to school for programming can do 1000% better.

Adnunano

by Adnunano » Post

Inky_Bendy wrote:I have a problem: I just turned this mod on on my survival world, but my temperature keeps going up... and up... and I'm not even in a hot biome. It's a pain getting it down, as it takes like 3 times longer to get the bar to go down 1, than it takes for it to go up 1. Any thing I should know on how to cool down fast?
;
Yes,i am having the same issue too(minetest5.1.0).it really annoys me when this happens.
NfAPhpmGaVphBjK8NIr9Mit5xNW2emD2

SFENCE
GitHub: SFENCE
In-game: SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

File https://github.com/AiTechEye/tempsurviv ... ctions.lua

Function tempsurvive.get_bio_temperature, line 114.

Code: Select all

return temp,temp+(l*0.1)
Is this good? Or it should be

return temp+(l*0.1)
?

From other code it looks like only one return value is expected from this function.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

Merak

by Merak » Post

Are clothes working? If so, would you document how a player uses them?
Wuzzy's documentation system could be used.

AiTechEye
GitHub: AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

Inky_Bendy wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 18:05
I have a problem: I just turned this mod on on my survival world, but my temperature keeps going up... and up... and I'm not even in a hot biome...
this mod is using the default perlin, that are used to generate the world -40 ... 0 where snow starts, 10 somwehat cold, 20 pleasing, 30 hot etc... if you are using mapgens mods that doesn't match the default perlin there can be problems :)

https://github.com/AiTechEye/tempsurviv ... s.lua#L109

Merak wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:37
Are clothes working? If so, would you document how a player uses them?
Attachments
screenshot_20200603_224837.png
screenshot_20200603_224837.png (130.81 KiB) Viewed 1256 times

Merak

by Merak » Post

I try to put the clothes on as I do armor, but the clothes are not accepted. They don't occupy the clothing/armor boxes.

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

After update to minetest 5.3.0 i started to have problem with liquid flowing. These stop to work with error:

2020-09-07 17:06:34: ERROR[Server]: Map::setNode(): Not allowing to place CONTENT_IGNORE while trying to replace "air" at (62,-133,54) (block (3,-9,3))
By experiment I have recognized that code in init.lua of tempsurvive mod is responsible for it.

minetest.after(0.1, function()
etc...
When I deactivate this part of code, liquids starts to work.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

SFENCE wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 15:15
After update to minetest 5.3.0 i started to have problem with liquid flowing. These stop to work with error:

2020-09-07 17:06:34: ERROR[Server]: Map::setNode(): Not allowing to place CONTENT_IGNORE while trying to replace "air" at (62,-133,54) (block (3,-9,3))
By experiment I have recognized that code in init.lua of tempsurvive mod is responsible for it.

minetest.after(0.1, function()
etc...
When I deactivate this part of code, liquids starts to work.
Problem can be solved by use functiion minetest.register_on_mods_loaded instead of minetest.after.

minetest.register_on_mods_loaded(function()
etc...
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

AiTechEye
GitHub: AiTechEye

Re: [Mod] Temperature Survive 2.01 [tempsurvive]

by AiTechEye » Post

you're right / done

Grubler

by Grubler » Post

Yeah, this mod seems to be really hard to survive with if you start in a hot or cold biome.

Maybe if when you got hot or cold it maybe had some effect on something other than just killing you?

Grubler

by Grubler » Post

I figured out how to make it slow down the killing process, so I think I may be able to use this mod and stuff. Nice. Also slowed down the speed of food healing so I can't just stay alive by eating food and stuff.

But now I am wondering how I make things able to heat me up more, perhaps.

Grubler

by Grubler » Post

Seems more difficult to get colder when you are hot than it is the get hotter when you are cold.

Peril

by Peril » Post

Why isn't temperature using hudbars?

Edit... oh I wonder if this has been abandoned.

Further edits just in case it hasn't.

Couple of points from my experience.

1. Temperature should try to equalize constantly, but doesn't seem to be doing that or at least the base rate is too low.

2. It doesn't seem to matter if you have sought shelter or not. Caves/Dugouts are usually a place to get away from heat or extreme cold but that doesn't seem to be working here.

3. The body naturally cools through taking in hot or cold liquids. Again this doesn't seem to happen in this mod.

4. I would link this to some mods useful mods like campfires for example as these aren't included in this mod. (First time user of this mod, was a little confusing).
Forgot my old username/email, it's been a number of years please bear with.
Stats: OS: Manjaro Linux; Using minetest-git via AUR