micu
GitHub: realmicu
In-game: Micu

Re: [Modpack] MicuPack [micupack]

by micu » Post

Hello Racal,
racal wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 07:23
That would be very cool! I'm kind of missing the miner's chest and a couple of biogas machines -- freezer and compactor. These machines/tools would still fit Tech Age.
Thanks, I'm feeling encouraged to start adaptation process then :-)
I'm not an expert in TechAge anyway so probably I will need some time to get a feel of this monumental mod - and to find a place for various Micupack components in TechAge technology timeline.
Of course, feel free to rewrite the modpack code yourself and to share your ideas about the integration process.

Cheers
Micu

micu

by micu » Post

Hello all,

A nasty bug has been reported that crashes server running latest TechPack when any of Biogas Machines are dug.
This has been just fixed - if you have that problem, please grab latest version (v2.9.3) or git master.

Regards
Micu

TechnoWolfTV
In-game: TechnoWolfTV

by TechnoWolfTV » Post

Hi Micu, concerning your latest fixes, I've just tested it out and the crash is gone, however the dug item is now completely destroyed. There is no drop on the ground, and the item is not returned to inventory. I've tested all five biogas machines and they all behave the same. Not sure f this is intended behavior, but I doubt it?

micu

by micu » Post

Hello TechnoWolf!

Nope, it is definitely not how it's supposed to work :-) Sorry for that - I tested my recent fix in creative mode only which naturally hides any item dropping issues... (note to myself: remember to test in survival as well).
Anyway, thanks to Joe7575's help, it is fixed now so please as usual grab the latest master.

Cheers
Micu

SciFurz

Error in after_dig_node

by SciFurz » Post

Minecraft crashes with the following error when removing a machine

attempt to call method 'after_dig_node' (a nil value)

Tested it with the gasifier, and replaced the nested (?) calls with the way it's defined in the defect state, and the node is removed without crashing.

micu

by micu » Post

Hi SciFurz,

I'm unable to recreate this failure. Could you be more specific about circumstances when it happens ? I collect both good and 'broken' gasifiers with no such error.
Please also verify that you have latest techpack and tubelib2.

Cheers
Micu

SciFurz

by SciFurz » Post

micu wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 14:02
Hi SciFurz,

I'm unable to recreate this failure. Could you be more specific about circumstances when it happens ? I collect both good and 'broken' gasifiers with no such error.
Please also verify that you have latest techpack and tubelib2.

Cheers
Micu
I confirmed it with a new world.
Minetest 5.3.0 (installed through Devuan repository), Minetest_game, flat mapgen, basic materials, tubelib2, techpack, micupack only installed, and the same thing happened. Game crashes, but freezer has been removed.

AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod '' in callback node_on_dig(): ...user/.minetest/mods/micupack/biogasmachines/freezer.lua:536: attempt to call method 'after_dig_node' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...user/.minetest/mods/micupack/biogasmachines/freezer.lua:536: in function 'after_dig_node'
/usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:636: in function </usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:550>

When I replace the function there with after_dig_node = after_dig_node, I can dig the freezer just fine.

micu

by micu » Post

I see... I checked both stable 5.4.1 and latest development branches. These do not produce crashes for me.
It's strange because biogasmachines should work with any 5.x version unless underlying game API or mod API obsoletes them. My machines are based on original Joe7575's Grinder (a good reference machine for TechPack modder), so please check if Grinder fails as well, which may point to versions mismatch.

SciFurz

by SciFurz » Post

micu wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 15:32
I see... I checked both stable 5.4.1 and latest development branches. These do not produce crashes for me.
It's strange because biogasmachines should work with any 5.x version unless underlying game API or mod API obsoletes them. My machines are based on original Joe7575's Grinder (a good reference machine for TechPack modder), so please check if Grinder fails as well, which may point to versions mismatch.
Never had a problem with the grinder or any of those nodes, but it doesn't use the same after_dig call. It's
after_dig_node = function(pos, oldnode, oldmetadata, digger)
tubelib.remove_node(pos)
end,

while yours is
after_dig_node = function(pos, oldnode, oldmetadata, digger)
machine:after_dig_node(pos, oldnode, oldmetadata, digger)
after_dig_node(pos, oldnode, oldmetadata, digger)
end,

Maybe there is a change between 5.3 and 5.4 affecting this.

micu

by micu » Post

Techpack-compatible machine nodes can be in 3 states: normal (which means not working), running (these cannot be collected) and defect. Only normal and defect state can be picked up.
Default node uses "on_dig()".

freezer.lua:

Code: Select all

on_dig = function(pos, node, player)
                machine:on_dig_node(pos, node, player)
                tubelib.remove_node(pos)
                pipeworks_scan_for_pipe(pos)
        end,
techpack/tubelib_addons1/grinder.lua:

Code: Select all

on_dig = function(pos, node, player)
                State:on_dig_node(pos, node, player)
                tubelib.remove_node(pos)
        end,
Please note: both machines DO NOT USE customized "after_dig_node()" callback in normal state (it is used only in defect state, but this one you are probably not referring to - they are also compatible anyway).
So the code snippet you provided does not match my code.

SciFurz

by SciFurz » Post

micu wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 08:20

Please note: both machines DO NOT USE customized "after_dig_node()" callback in normal state (it is used only in defect state, but this one you are probably not referring to - they are also compatible anyway).
So the code snippet you provided does not match my code.
This does come from the content download through minetest. Modpack.conf states release 1932. If this shouldn't be in freezer.lua for example, then either the content source is wrong, or my copy of minetest downloads from a corrupt mod repository.
Something strange is going on.

micu

by micu » Post

I have just refreshed ContentDB page, indeed newer code tags were not picked up and packed. Now it should be up to date.

Cheers
Micu

SciFurz

by SciFurz » Post

micu wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 18:54
I have just refreshed ContentDB page, indeed newer code tags were not picked up and packed. Now it should be up to date.

Cheers
Micu
Glad to see there's a logical error. Going to update and check.

KatzEyez
GitHub: KatzPetz
IRC: LadyK
In-game: LadyK

by KatzEyez » Post

I've been enjoying this mod on Cheers.

I do have a request for the minerchest. Would it be possible for you to add compatibility for making blocks out of quartz (quartz) and crystal ingot (Ethereal)? I've seen these on a lot of servers and think they would be a nice addition to this mod.
Why wish upon a star when you can pray to the one who created it.

micu

by micu » Post

Hello KatzEyez,

I'm glad to read that you are enjoying my work. I've just uploaded version 2.9.4 which makes minerchest support ethereal crystal ingots/blocks as per your request. It may not be visible at the recipe bar due to limited space there but it works.
I made a design decision when coding minerchest that it will only support reversible recipes (like "lossless compression"). Unfortunately quartz block cannot be converted back to crystals, so this combination is not supported.

Cheers
Micu