[Mod] Pipeworks [git] [pipeworks]

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

pingpong2012 wrote:Yup, it might be a good idea to have the download link in the install instructions, like "Rename the extracted folder to pipeworks after you have downloaded the mod from x"or at least before the download.

When there's like two paragraphs before the download link I just see a wall of text I'm supposed to ignore and download the mod and extract.
It is not the developers' error if you fail to read the instructions.
Last edited by kaeza on Thu Jul 04, 2013 03:01, edited 1 time in total.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Small update today, pipes will no longer redundantly add/remove water nodes at spigots and pumps if infinite water is mode is enabled (for finite, it behaves mostly like before). This reduces map mesh generation activity, which reduces CPU usage and improves overall FPS just a tad.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

hdastwb
GitHub: hdastwb
IRC: hdastwb
In-game: hdastwb

by hdastwb » Post

I have used this mod a bit and there are a couple of things that I think would greatly add to it if they were implemented:
  • Locked chest integration: This mod gives locked chests the same tube-accepting texture that regular chests have, but does not actually provide integration for them; besides being a bit non-intuitive, this greatly increases the ability for other players to steal from one's Pipeworks contraptions. If added, I think that locked chests should accept items but not work with filters, thus impeding any attempts to use filters to syphon things out of chests in unprotected areas. My implementation of this feature can be found here: https://github.com/hdastwb/pipeworks/tree/lockedchest.
  • Fancier sand tubes: I often find that sand tubes' collection radius is too small for what I want to build and the spherical collection area makes it hard to build a collection component across a cubic device. I propose a MESE sand tube, harnessing the magical properties of MESE to have a configurable, cubic collection area. My implementation, with proposed crafting recipes but without textures, can be found here: https://github.com/hdastwb/pipeworks/tree/mesesandtube.
  • Secure teleporter channels: All of the teleporter channels are out in the open, so if I used teleporter tubes to transport things on a regular basis to one location and someone else figured out my channel name, they could set up a teleporter anywhere on the world and steal half of my stuff. Because I think that might be devastating to the use of teleporters for, say, an automatic mail system, I think it would be helpful to have certain channels (perhaps prefixed with "playername:" or something like that) that belong to a certain player such that other players must ask permission of the player in question in order to set a teleporter to one of those channels.
  • Lava pipe fuel: This is the least of my priorities, but I think that when lava pipes are implemented they should also be allowed to connect to the bottom of furnaces as fuel sources.
Anyway, those are some of my Pipeworks ideas; if you like my implementation of the top two, I can easily provide pull requests for them.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I think I could go with both of those (if you can do the secure teleporter channels, that'd be great too).

Be sure that you add tube autorouting rules to autoplace.lua also, for the locked chests, somewhere after line 178 is good (that's where unlocked chests are routed).

As for the lava pipes, I'll get to that soon.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Lava pipes could be made out of bronze or gold.

hdastwb
GitHub: hdastwb
IRC: hdastwb
In-game: hdastwb

by hdastwb » Post

VanessaE wrote:I think I could go with both of those (if you can do the secure teleporter channels, that'd be great too).

Be sure that you add tube autorouting rules to autoplace.lua also, for the locked chests, somewhere after line 178 is good (that's where unlocked chests are routed).

As for the lava pipes, I'll get to that soon.
Thanks; I completely missed the autorouting…

aracnus
GitHub: aracnus
IRC: aracnus
In-game: aracnus

by aracnus » Post

First of all, thank you VanessaE for this and your others mods (moretrees and plantlife). They are great. :-)

Unfortunately I'm having some problems with pipeworks. My furnace became "graphically unstable" when I activate this mod. The furnace interface becomes transparent and back to normal (blinking) and I can't see neither its slots nor the items. When I try to drag an item and interface become transparent, it comes back to its original slot (for example, if I try to drag an item from furnace slot to inventory slot and interface "blinks" it comes back to furnace inventory).

Even if I turn off all other mods, leaving only pipeworks active, I have this problem. Do you have any clue about it? This mod depends on a newer version of Minetest? I'm using minetest stable 0.4.7.

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

I often get a similar problem simply because of lag. I wait five minutes and everything is normally fine.
aracnus wrote:First of all, thank you VanessaE for this and your others mods (moretrees and plantlife). They are great. :-)

Unfortunately I'm having some problems with pipeworks. My furnace became "graphically unstable" when I activate this mod. The furnace interface becomes transparent and back to normal (blinking) and I can't see neither its slots nor the items. When I try to drag an item and interface become transparent, it comes back to its original slot (for example, if I try to drag an item from furnace slot to inventory slot and interface "blinks" it comes back to furnace inventory).

Even if I turn off all other mods, leaving only pipeworks active, I have this problem. Do you have any clue about it? This mod depends on a newer version of Minetest? I'm using minetest stable 0.4.7.
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

aracnus
GitHub: aracnus
IRC: aracnus
In-game: aracnus

by aracnus » Post

Dan Duncombe wrote:I often get a similar problem simply because of lag. I wait five minutes and everything is normally fine.
Unfortunately this didn't work for me. :-( I waited about 10 minutes and the problem continues.

specopsbarton

by specopsbarton » Post

Hey vanessa, really nice mod!
But I found few bugs:

http://s21.postimg.org/tbnxx9y2v/screen1.png

I connected underground chest with chest on picture, and when items are sent, happens something like this. I don't know what's wrong, but items disappearing after this text is displayed, or they just fly like on picture.
True Christian don't fight with evil, but transforms it to good on Cross, only on Cross.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

This is not an error in the mod but a glitch in the server. I get this from time to time elsewhere as well, whenever there are enough entities in an area.

specopsbarton

by specopsbarton » Post

This problem also occurs for water transporting in long distances by pipes.
I turned on pump, went to underground and only once water was droped from pipe, even if pump was turned on all the time and sucked water, also I noticed, the same text which on picture I sent was not displayed.
I hope there is fix for this, cuz to be honest - for me in long distances item and water transporting just
not working.
Last edited by specopsbarton on Fri Jul 19, 2013 13:18, edited 1 time in total.
True Christian don't fight with evil, but transforms it to good on Cross, only on Cross.

Element
IRC: Elementwing4962
In-game: Elementwing4962

by Element » Post

i renamed the mod pipeworks but it still doesnt work
Join Me And My Team - thornfyregaming-mc.noip.me:25565

My Server Is 1.7.9

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

avi121 wrote:This problem also occurs for water transporting in long distances by pipes.
I turned on pump, went to underground and only once water was droped from pipe, even if pump was turned on all the time and sucked water, also I noticed, the same text which on picture I sent was not displayed.
I hope there is fix for this, cuz to be honest - for me in long distances item and water transporting just
not working.
I think mesecons has/had the same problem. If your transport water or energy over lond distances, there will be parts of the map which aren't loaded so the water/energy goes innto the "nothing"...

Element
IRC: Elementwing4962
In-game: Elementwing4962

by Element » Post

i cant even start the game with pipeworks
Join Me And My Team - thornfyregaming-mc.noip.me:25565

My Server Is 1.7.9

specopsbarton

by specopsbarton » Post

Well, I think this looooonnggg distances I said is too much xD, distance is not very big.
I noticed this problem occurs even for normal water transporting (I mean droping water from some hights by digging), water just doesn't fall propely, it's moving like slideshow or with lag, while I have fps 45-60 and I don't have overall lag.

I think it's problem with game, not with this mod. So I hope creator will fix soon those creeps (bugs).
Last edited by specopsbarton on Wed Jul 24, 2013 20:48, edited 1 time in total.

markveidemanis

by markveidemanis » Post

[REQUEST] Remove all water flowing and logic and just leave the boxy pipes and others -- remove round pipes, grates etc.

Send me DL link then.
Thanks
Last edited by markveidemanis on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
BitCoin: 1Eq4arvykGNa1YC2DbJpWcwGfMvtFGjAoR

Casimir
GitHub: CasimirKaPazi

by Casimir » Post

markveidemanis wrote:[REQUEST] Remove all water flowing and logic and just leave the boxy pipes and others -- remove round pipes, grates etc.
On my todo list. Also: simpler nodeboxes and 16x16 textures.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I could add a configuration option to disable the water flowing logic and/or the round pipes I guess, but I will not be changing the models or the textures. Doing so goes against the look want for this mod.

The "boxy pipes" are pneumatic tubes, btw.

pheonixfire
In-game: pheonix

by pheonixfire » Post

I can't get this mod to work, but there isn't any errors in
the console

Any suggestions on how to get it working would be appreciated
pheonixfire

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Did you activate in in MainMenu -> Configure (did you select the right world?) -> Pipeworks -> enable

pheonixfire
In-game: pheonix

by pheonixfire » Post

it's in the mod folder for the game type

Any help is appreciated
pheonixfire

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

pheonixfire wrote:it's in the mod folder for the game type

Any help is appreciated
pheonixfire
Again: Did you activate it in Main Menu -> Configure???

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

pheonixfire wrote:t's in the mod folder for the game type
Any help is appreciated
pheonixfire
so it's in mods/minetest?
try moving it directly to mods/
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

foreverip

by foreverip » Post

can you create a special pipe that can transport ppl in the pipe?
plz
cuz then u can teleport with the teleport pipe block