Re: [Mod] Pipeworks [git] [pipeworks]

by piet » Post

wow i cant use the pipeworks mod because that error is not fixed what i sait

ZenonSeth
GitHub: ZenonSeth
In-game: ZenonSeth ZenSeth

by ZenonSeth » Post

I have an issue with how this mod works - specifically flow control.
Maybe someone can help me out.

I have 1 auto-crafter that receives Cobblestone and makes Gravel (the server has a recipe for that). My supply of cobblestone is automated.

Now I have connected a Blinking Plant to an Injector that takes things Out of the Auto-crafter, and puts them in a chest to buffer some inputs.

Here's the problem. If the chest is full, the items get returned to the INPUT inventory of the auto-crafter, eventually filling it up with junk, and blocking it. The injector can never take items from the input inventory.

Strongly related, I also need to have the Injector connected via pipes to some chests. BUT, if all the chests are full, the injector just keeps dumping items in the pipes until they "break" (it does this because of the Blinking Plant)

Compare this to the TubeLib Pusher, which (while simplified) won't constantly take out items from an inventory unless it CAN put them somewhere. If it cannot, it will stop.

I don't mean that pipeworks should copy that behavior, but I'd really like a way to limit the flow or the way Injectors grab stuff. Maybe have a Requester that, when attached to chests, will signal that chest has space?

neoh4x0r
GitHub: neoh4x0r

by neoh4x0r » Post

ZenonSeth wrote:I have an issue with how this mod works - specifically flow control.
Maybe someone can help me out.

I have 1 auto-crafter that receives Cobblestone and makes Gravel (the server has a recipe for that). My supply of cobblestone is automated.

Now I have connected a Blinking Plant to an Injector that takes things Out of the Auto-crafter, and puts them in a chest to buffer some inputs.

Here's the problem. If the chest is full, the items get returned to the INPUT inventory of the auto-crafter, eventually filling it up with junk, and blocking it. The injector can never take items from the input inventory.

Strongly related, I also need to have the Injector connected via pipes to some chests. BUT, if all the chests are full, the injector just keeps dumping items in the pipes until they "break" (it does this because of the Blinking Plant)

Compare this to the TubeLib Pusher, which (while simplified) won't constantly take out items from an inventory unless it CAN put them somewhere. If it cannot, it will stop.

I don't mean that pipeworks should copy that behavior, but I'd really like a way to limit the flow or the way Injectors grab stuff. Maybe have a Requester that, when attached to chests, will signal that chest has space?
I had a similar problem where I wanted to take two types of blocks and feed them into an autocrafter. There were two pipes feeding the autocrafter, each pipe was dedicated to feeding a specific block (which was pre-sorted ahead of time).

The problem was coming up with a reliable state machine to keep both lines constantly feeding the autocrafter while not filling it up with only one type of block.

For the state machine part I ended up using basic_machines movers / detectors: https://wiki.minetest.net/Mods/basic_machines with pipeworks feeding the main storage chests and taking items from the autocrafter.

The item-injectors just did not work because I only wanted to feed the autocrafter if both types of blocks were available (and only send 1 block of each).

The solution I used to handle the situation where a chest was full was:
  • Have items feed to into a master chest
  • Use a stack-wise injector (just for speed) to feed a sorting tube
  • The sort tube was used to direct the two needed blocks (and feed their corresponding storage chest -- being staged to feed the autocrafter) anything that did not match those blocks were sent to another location (could be a trashcan, etc)
  • Another pipe was connected to the two that fed these staging chests, if the chests were full then the incoming item would continue traveling down this second pipe.
  • This second pipe was connected back into the master chest -- where they would then be re-injected to the sort tube and continue around and around ( ie in a holding pattern).
EG The basic form looks like this (for overflow):
Where

Code: Select all

input = incoming items
output = outgoing items from autocrafter
===== , || = pipes
>>, << = one-way tube in given direction
>>> = injector

Code: Select all

input======== >> ================||=====(trashcan / teleport-tube, etc)
                                 ||
           ||= >> ==============chest >>> ================||
           ||                                             ||
||== >> ======chest >>> =========autocrafter===output     ||
||                                                        ||
||========================================================||
Presumably there is a need to save excess items, and as such, is not practical to connect the overflown output of the first chest to a trashcan (instead of re-feeding the input storage chest) -- however that could be done.

The representation is a state machine, where you feed blocks into the input which in-turn feeds the other chests and ultimately results in the autocrafter making the wanted blocks -- all while reducing the inventory counts in the chests so that more items can be feed into the state machine.

h2odragon00

by h2odragon00 » Post

Anyone know the recipe for the gears in pipeworks? Stones and steel ingots doesn't work.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

The gear comes from basic_materials and is made from chain links and steel ingots:

Attachments
Screenshot_2019-08-10_12-39-02.png
Screenshot_2019-08-10_12-39-02.png (6.78 KiB) Viewed 3282 times
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

h2odragon00

by h2odragon00 » Post

VanessaE wrote:The gear comes from basic_materials and is made from chain links and steel ingots:

Thanks! That’s the gear that’s use for node breakers, right?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

That is correct.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

MarSoft
GitHub: MarSoft

by MarSoft » Post

Right now the mod is not available on github (404 error which means that the repo is ehter removed or hidden). Does anyonw know anything about this?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

It was moved to gitlab some time ago. https://gitlab.com/VanessaE/pipeworks

MarSoft

by MarSoft » Post

Thanks! Is it possible to update link here? http://minetest-mods.github.io/mods.html#P

MarSoft

by MarSoft » Post

Created issue #82 about that.

neoh4x0r
GitHub: neoh4x0r

by neoh4x0r » Post

MarSoft wrote:Created issue #82 about that.
You might want to post a message in Minetest-Mods team[Mod repository] viewtopic.php?f=47&t=13839

Stronk

by Stronk » Post

Is there a way to make a pipe turn on lights(that the tube is touching) as items pass through the tube? I thought the conducting tube did this function but now I see it's just conductive.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Stronk wrote:Is there a way to make a pipe turn on lights(that the tube is touching) as items pass through the tube? I thought the conducting tube did this function but now I see it's just conductive.
You want an item detecting tube with a meselamp or some mese-powered light
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Stronk

by Stronk » Post

rubenwardy wrote:
Stronk wrote:Is there a way to make a pipe turn on lights(that the tube is touching) as items pass through the tube? I thought the conducting tube did this function but now I see it's just conductive.
You want an item detecting tube with a meselamp or some mese-powered light
Thank you, exactly what I was looking for.

vtwindsurfer

by vtwindsurfer » Post

What happened to dispensers? When I updated my server from MT v0.4.17 to v5.0.1, dispensers stopped dispensing just one item from a stack and dispensing the ENTIRE stack. Now, after updating from v5.0.1 to v5.1.0, they don't even dispense out of the side the hole is on! My food replicators on my starship are broken now and I'm getting stacks of blueberry muffins in my walls and ceilings!!

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

File an issue on the gitlab tracker, please (https://gitlab.com/VanessaE/pipeworks/issues).

SiliconPenguin

by SiliconPenguin » Post

So I was looking at the pipeworks wiki, and I realized it's extremely out of date. Some of the example recipes are wrong, and that led me to question other information on the page. For example: The wiki says the Storage Tanks item doesn't work yet. Is that still true?

Anyway, I didn't want to seem to be too critical of the mod, or the wiki. VanessaE, you do awesome work! I really think you are an awesome person for all the work you've put in! Seriously!

I've just rather recently started playing around with pipeworks, technic, digtron, digilines, mesecons, etc... It's one thing to see the recipe in the inventory, that is nice, but often there is no hint on how to use/connect the items into something useful. And that wiki page is starting to show it's age. ;)

I'd like to help bring the page up to date. I'd be willing to do screen shots and descriptions, if it would help - but I'm pretty allergic to having to join new things.

Winter94
In-game: Azrael Winter WintersKnight

by Winter94 » Post

Would you please make a lower-poly, more angular version with 16x or 32x textures for lower-end/ancient computers?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

There already IS a low-poly mode. If I remember right, you just put enable_lowpoly = false in your minetest.conf (this only affects singleplayer, so if you're on a server that uses Pipeworks, you'll have to ask the server admin to do that on his/her side). Most textures already are 16 or 32px if I remember right, but texture size isn't important.

Winter94
In-game: Azrael Winter WintersKnight

by Winter94 » Post

oh, my bad. I hadnt used the mod yet, only looked at this page and the screenshots.

Segmented Worm

by Segmented Worm » Post

Whenever I try to run the mod it says: unsatisfied dependencies: basic_materials

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

Segmented Worm wrote:Whenever I try to run the mod it says: unsatisfied dependencies: basic_materials
so then you should take this advice, search for this mod and install, true it also, then you might get success
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

What is the issue behind items bouncing off filter segments the first time but passing through the second time if only one of the exits is configured? And is there a way to fix it? (I know I can work around this by placing one-way tubes right before the filters, but that can’t be the solution, right?)

Video link: https://imgur.com/tRYvADJ

Imagine dozens of more filters after the first filter. The items will bounce back to the one-way tube intersection on every filter when they’re supposed to go to the last filter.
Attachments
mpv-shot0001.jpg
mpv-shot0001.jpg (79.24 KiB) Viewed 3282 times

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

Click the green checkbox (you want it to be red) on the white side to prevent items from exiting the sorter via white.