[Mod] Pipeworks [git] [pipeworks]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

Re: [Mod] Pipeworks [20131128] [pipeworks]

by VanessaE » Post

Call pipeworks.scan_for_tube_objects(pos) after each set_node() call in your ABM.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

tbillion

by tbillion » Post

thank you !! awesome as always!

nomohakon
IRC: nomohakon
In-game: nomohakon

by nomohakon » Post

Is there way to create FIFO buffer for items (uranium from/to centrifuge)?

tbillion

by tbillion » Post

you could do something like that in mesecons i suppose but the problem isnt with pipeworks its the furnace, it will accept on any side but will only send on one so you feed your stuff through the top and then the output is on the side like this ...

you could use a mese detector pipe a item wise injector and a mithril trunk to achieve a fifo though

mese detector -> trunk -> injector -> furnace -> detector ->trunk ->injector

connect first mese detector to second injector and second detector to first injector FIFO :)

electrodude512
GitHub: electrodude
IRC: electrodude512
In-game: electrodude512

Pipeworks Digiline Filter

by electrodude512 » Post

I'd like to have a sort of filter that takes a digiline message containing an item description and a count and spits out that many of that item. Should I make it my own mod, or might you be willing to accept a pull request on Github?

If you think you might accept a PR, would you prefer I make a third type of filter or modify the existing itemwise filter to also accept digiline messages? Right now, I'm implementing it as a third type of filter, which I personally think makes more sense since the gui needs to be different - a digiline channel text box would need to be added and the filter slots would become meaningless.

RLR18436572
GitHub: run-little-rabbit

by RLR18436572 » Post

electrodude512 wrote:I'd like to have a sort of filter that takes a digiline message containing an item description and a count and spits out that many of that item. Should I make it my own mod, or might you be willing to accept a pull request on Github?

If you think you might accept a PR, would you prefer I make a third type of filter or modify the existing itemwise filter to also accept digiline messages? Right now, I'm implementing it as a third type of filter, which I personally think makes more sense since the gui needs to be different - a digiline channel text box would need to be added and the filter slots would become meaningless.
Not that this request was posted to me but I have such a mod in my repository. Perhaps broken , if not buggy. It worked with earlier builds of pipeworks, mesecons, and digilines. Use it as you please...
https://github.com/run-little-rabbit/minetest-dpm-addon

Laudrin
IRC: Laudrin
In-game: laudrin

by Laudrin » Post

Thank you for this awesome mod! :-)

Don't know if that is already fixed in the latest development version, but in the version linked in the thread's first post download a few days ago, crafting a teleporter tube won't work.

teleport_tube.lua line 226 and following are:

Code: Select all

recipe = {
	        { "homedecor:plastic_sheeting", "homedecor:plastic_sheeting", "homedecor:plastic_sheeting" },
	        { "default:desert_stone", "default:mese", "default:desert_stone" },
	        { "homedecor:plastic_sheeting", "homedecor:plastic_sheeting", "homedecor:plastic_sheeting" }
	},
It should be default:mese_block instead of just default:mese:

recipe = {
	        { "homedecor:plastic_sheeting", "homedecor:plastic_sheeting", "homedecor:plastic_sheeting" },
	        { "default:desert_stone", "default:mese_block", "default:desert_stone" },
	        { "homedecor:plastic_sheeting", "homedecor:plastic_sheeting", "homedecor:plastic_sheeting" }
	},
It's just a small correction, keep on the good work! :-)

tbillion

by tbillion » Post

Laudrin i think you have an old version of minetest. the default mese is the mese block

Laudrin

by Laudrin » Post

tbillion wrote:Laudrin i think you have an old version of minetest. the default mese is the mese block
tbillion, thanks for the reply. I use the latest 0.4.13 (Win64-version on Windows 10, but that shouldn't make a difference, or should it?) with pipeworks 2013-07-13 (taken from the init.lua) which is linked in the first post. Now when comparing with the thread's title, the latest version seems to be 2013-11-28, but I did not find a download link.

I was wondering why nobody complained about the error in the mod's thread, but at least with my version of Minetest and Pipeworks, crafting of the teleport pipe won't work. Further mods are: mesecons, ambience, carts, boost_cart, craft_guide, hud_hunger, simple-mobs, moreblocks, moreores, always the latest versions, so maybe another mod is causing the problem?

I will test it in a few days in a world where only pipeworks (and mesecons) is activated.

Napiophelios
GitHub: Napiophelios
IRC: Nappi
In-game: Nappi

by Napiophelios » Post

Sounds like you have an old copy of the Minetest Game.

Laudrin

by Laudrin » Post

Napiophelios wrote:Sounds like you have an old copy of the Minetest Game.
Napiophelios, I'm a little bit confused when you say that the Minetest game sounds like an older version. As I wrote in the posting preceding yours, I use 0.4.13, which is labeled as the most recent version on the Minetest homepage.

VanessaE, depending on if Minetest or one of the mods really turn out to be old, maybe I found a bug:

As soon as a tube tries to drop a node on the ground, Minetest crashes:

2015-12-28 09:20:15: ERROR[main]: UNRECOVERABLE error occurred. Stopping server. Please fix the following error:
2015-12-28 09:20:15: ERROR[main]: Runtime error from mod 'pipeworks' in callback ScriptApiEnv::environment_Step(): ...-win64-msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\item.lua:338: attempt to index local 'dropper' (a nil value)
2015-12-28 09:20:15: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
2015-12-28 09:20:15: ERROR[main]:       ...-win64-msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\item.lua:338: in function 'item_drop'
2015-12-28 09:20:15: ERROR[main]:       ...minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\pipeworks/item_transport.lua:252: in function 'on_step'
2015-12-28 09:20:15: ERROR[main]:       ...msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\pipeworks/luaentity.lua:347: in function <...msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\pipeworks/luaentity.lua:312>
2015-12-28 09:20:15: ERROR[main]:       ...64-msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:355: in function <...64-msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:335>

In thread 1dec:
server.cpp:511: Server::step: A fatal error occurred: Runtime error from mod 'pipeworks' in callback ScriptApiEnv::environment_Step(): ...-win64-msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\item.lua:338: attempt to index local 'dropper' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
        ...-win64-msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\item.lua:338: in function 'item_drop'
        ...minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\pipeworks/item_transport.lua:252: in function 'on_step'
        ...msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\pipeworks/luaentity.lua:347: in function <...msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\pipeworks/luaentity.lua:312>
        ...64-msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:355: in function <...64-msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:335>
This occurs when a chest is full and another item is transported towards it or when a tube ends without a chest, furnace etc. attached. Once because of a misconfiguration an item was transported back the way it came (towards an chest with space left) and the game also crashed.

If I understand your intention correctly, how the mod should work, the item is supposed to be dropped on the ground (or the tube machine should stop working) if such thing occurs, but not crash the game.

Is there any way one of the other mods I installed (listed here: viewtopic.php?p=202400#p202400) altered the item drop function in any way (maybe an explanation why the mese node definition in my game seems to be different from what your pipework mod expects)?

Addition: Now the game crashes 2-3 seconds after starting. :-( I already tried to swap a tube segment and to remove the blinky plant powering the injector, but it seems the injector puts an item into the tube as soon as the game starts, independent of the injector being powered or not.

Is there any way to fix this and get the world and mod running again?

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

What he means is minetest_game, as in the subgame content installed in /usr/share/minetest/games, or <your minetest dir>/games, or ~/.minetest/games, or similar. "Minetest" (without "game") is the engine that does all the hard work. minetest_game supplies most of the content that you actually play with.

If your mese is different from what the mod expects, it's because your copy of minetest_game is too old. Current minetest_game has the usual mese blocks ("default:mese" alias "default:mese_block"), mese crystals ("default:mese_crystal") which are effectively the mese equivalent to an iron or coal lump, and mese crystal fragments ("default:mese_crystal_fragment"), which are a crystal split into smaller pieces (9 per).

Too old of a minetest_game can also cause mods to crash, as they come to expect certain functions, constants, or content commensurate with newer versions.

That aside, I don't have any ideas how to solve the issues you're having. I leave Pipeworks stuff to Novatux these days, as I'm not actively developing it anymore.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Laudrin

by Laudrin » Post

Thanks for your quick reply and clarification, VanessaE.
VanessaE wrote:What he means is minetest_game, as in the subgame content installed in /usr/share/minetest/games, or <your minetest dir>/games, or ~/.minetest/games, or similar.

[...]

If your mese is different from what the mod expects, it's because your copy of minetest_game is too old.
I installed the newest Minetest installation package a few weeks ago on 2015-11-28, which included the minetest_game. That was a new installation and no upgrade, because I did not know Minetest before.

In the files in the minetest_game folder I found no version number to check, but I was assuming the then most recent version of the game was already included.

Looking if there were a standalone version of the game I can update the installation package with I found nothing on the main webpage or in the forum, and a search gave me:
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: game minetest.
:-/

I have to look into using Github in the next days, maybe I can use a development version.
VanessaE wrote:Too old of a minetest_game can also cause mods to crash, as they come to expect certain functions, constants, or content commensurate with newer versions.

That aside, I don't have any ideas how to solve the issues you're having.
That would explain the problems I'm having right now and I'll look into updating my version of the mintest_game, thank you. :-)

Fortunately I could get my game to work again when running with the pipeworks mod disabled, emptying the chest and running it again with the mod enabled. Filling the chest again, until now everything seems to be working again. Hope I can get around that error until I learned how to update the game.

benrob0329
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Post

If your on Windows I recommend sfan5's builds:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1523&start=500#p202430

If your on Linux then there should be a package on the downloads page of the main site.

If your on Mac I can't help, as I don't have much experience with Macs.

blackjack

by blackjack » Post

I like this great mod very much! Great job!

Would it be possible to have an item, that acts similar to the node breaker (which digs a node) but it should punch an entity?
I have no experience in modding, so I could not figure out how the wielder.lua really works :)
Thanks for any hint.
Best regards
blackjack

UC101
In-game: UC101

by UC101 » Post

Laudrin wrote:
Napiophelios wrote:Sounds like you have an old copy of the Minetest Game.
Napiophelios, I'm a little bit confused when you say that the Minetest game sounds like an older version. As I wrote in the posting preceding yours, I use 0.4.13, which is labeled as the most recent version on the Minetest homepage.

VanessaE, depending on if Minetest or one of the mods really turn out to be old, maybe I found a bug:

As soon as a tube tries to drop a node on the ground, Minetest crashes:

2015-12-28 09:20:15: ERROR[main]: UNRECOVERABLE error occurred. Stopping server. Please fix the following error:
2015-12-28 09:20:15: ERROR[main]: Runtime error from mod 'pipeworks' in callback ScriptApiEnv::environment_Step(): ...-win64-msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\item.lua:338: attempt to index local 'dropper' (a nil value)
2015-12-28 09:20:15: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
2015-12-28 09:20:15: ERROR[main]:       ...-win64-msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\item.lua:338: in function 'item_drop'
2015-12-28 09:20:15: ERROR[main]:       ...minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\pipeworks/item_transport.lua:252: in function 'on_step'
2015-12-28 09:20:15: ERROR[main]:       ...msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\pipeworks/luaentity.lua:347: in function <...msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\pipeworks/luaentity.lua:312>
2015-12-28 09:20:15: ERROR[main]:       ...64-msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:355: in function <...64-msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:335>

In thread 1dec:
server.cpp:511: Server::step: A fatal error occurred: Runtime error from mod 'pipeworks' in callback ScriptApiEnv::environment_Step(): ...-win64-msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\item.lua:338: attempt to index local 'dropper' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
        ...-win64-msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\item.lua:338: in function 'item_drop'
        ...minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\pipeworks/item_transport.lua:252: in function 'on_step'
        ...msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\pipeworks/luaentity.lua:347: in function <...msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\pipeworks/luaentity.lua:312>
        ...64-msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:355: in function <...64-msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:335>
This occurs when a chest is full and another item is transported towards it or when a tube ends without a chest, furnace etc. attached. Once because of a misconfiguration an item was transported back the way it came (towards an chest with space left) and the game also crashed.

If I understand your intention correctly, how the mod should work, the item is supposed to be dropped on the ground (or the tube machine should stop working) if such thing occurs, but not crash the game.

Is there any way one of the other mods I installed (listed here: viewtopic.php?p=202400#p202400) altered the item drop function in any way (maybe an explanation why the mese node definition in my game seems to be different from what your pipework mod expects)?

Addition: Now the game crashes 2-3 seconds after starting. :-( I already tried to swap a tube segment and to remove the blinky plant powering the injector, but it seems the injector puts an item into the tube as soon as the game starts, independent of the injector being powered or not.

Is there any way to fix this and get the world and mod running again?

Im having a similar problem. When using with mod with the technic mod, queries will crash the game when running. and the same error message shows up. I really like this mod and its annoying that some of the machinery in the technic mod doesn't work right now.

TheBonsai

by TheBonsai » Post

I think it comes from MT core, see:

--- item.lua.orig	2016-01-19 05:32:58.259046752 +0100
+++ item.lua	2016-01-19 05:32:31.680995300 +0100
@@ -335,7 +335,7 @@
 end

function core.item_drop(itemstack, dropper, pos)
-	if dropper.is_player then
+	if dropper and dropper.is_player then
 		local v = dropper:get_look_dir()
 		local p = {x=pos.x, y=pos.y+1.2, z=pos.z}
 		local cs = itemstack:get_count()
HTH

addi
GitHub: adrido

by addi » Post

I also have the same problem:

2016-01-22 17:08:17: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: Runtime error from mod 'pipeworks' in callback environment_Step(): /home/minetest/minetest/bin/../builtin/game/item.lua:351: attempt to index local 'dropper' (a nil value)
2016-01-22 17:08:17: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2016-01-22 17:08:17: ERROR[Main]: 	/home/minetest/minetest/bin/../builtin/game/item.lua:351: in function 'item_drop'
2016-01-22 17:08:17: ERROR[Main]: 	.../mods/pipeworks/item_transport.lua:252: in function 'on_step'
2016-01-22 17:08:17: ERROR[Main]: 	.../mods/pipeworks/luaentity.lua:347: in function '?'
2016-01-22 17:08:17: ERROR[Main]: 	...e/minetest/minetest/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:355: in function <...e/minetest/minetest/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:335>

foxz
GitHub: foxzoolm
In-game: foxz

by foxz » Post

Hi,

sorry for my poor english... I'm new with minetest (and minetest modded/modding)

I can't understand how extract item from machine (like furnace, chest, etc...) via pipe...

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

foxz wrote:Hi,

sorry for my poor english... I'm new with minetest (and minetest modded/modding)

I can't understand how extract item from machine (like furnace, chest, etc...) via pipe...
you need a filter-injector, then place it, so that the arrows on it show to pipe, then give the filter-injector a mesecon signal or left click it
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

LazerRay
GitHub: LazerRay

by LazerRay » Post

To make an automatic system for emptying a chest, have a signal/detector pipe connected to the filter injector.

Layout Example:

Chest=>Filter Injector=>Signal/Detector Pipe=>The rest of the system

When set up like that you just need to hit the injector once and it basically triggers itself until the chest is empty.

foxz
GitHub: foxzoolm
In-game: foxz

by foxz » Post

thanks...
but I make my own mod "extractor" pipe... (modding too easy and cool with mt !!!)

I taked example on "one way pipe".
I added "on_timer" on node to check pointer node by "get_dir".
I checked "main" or "dst" inventory of this node
and if something : inject_tube
etc...
my extractor pipe can be "max" or "1by1" setted by punch (I need learn more about fromspec)

but, now, pipe don't work as well
by example : if pipe.itemstack:get_count()=5 and node.inv:get_count()=95, pipe don't inject 4 and keep 1 in travel...
I'll make another pipe "injecter" who can do this against touch pipeworks coding logics while I don't lean more about mt mod coding.

I prefere have 1 pipe to do lot against tone of machine...
my long time's plan is make something like "AE2" or "logistic pipe" mc mod ported to mt

HalloHallo
In-game: hallohallo_MeseShlampe

Re: [Mod] Pipeworks [20131128] [pipeworks] FATAL ERROR!!!

by HalloHallo » Post

Hello!
Can someone please help me with this:

2016-02-20 13:42:58: ACTION[ServerThread]: hallohallo places node default:stone at (-172,-9,715)
2016-02-20 13:42:59: ACTION[ServerThread]: hallohallo digs default:stone at (-171,-9,715)
2016-02-20 13:43:01: ACTION[ServerThread]: hallohallo takes stuff from chest at (-172,-4,733)
2016-02-20 13:43:01: ACTION[ServerThread]: hallohallo takes stuff from chest at (-172,-6,733)
2016-02-20 13:43:04: ACTION[ServerThread]: hallohallo places node technic:mv_cable0 at (-183,-9,716)
2016-02-20 13:43:05: ACTION[ServerThread]: hallohallo takes stuff from chest at (-174,-5,721)
2016-02-20 13:43:05: ACTION[ServerThread]: hallohallo takes stuff from chest at (-174,-5,726)
2016-02-20 13:43:05: ACTION[ServerThread]: hallohallo takes stuff from chest at (-168,-5,722)
2016-02-20 13:43:05: ACTION[ServerThread]: hallohallo places node technic:mv_cable0 at (-182,-9,716)
2016-02-20 13:43:05: ACTION[ServerThread]: hallohallo places node technic:mv_cable0 at (-182,-10,716)
2016-02-20 13:43:07: ERROR[main]: UNRECOVERABLE error occurred. Stopping server. Please fix the following error:
2016-02-20 13:43:07: ERROR[main]: Runtime error from mod 'pipeworks' in callback ScriptApiEnv::environment_Step(): ...-win32-msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\item.lua:338: attempt to index local 'dropper' (a nil value)
2016-02-20 13:43:07: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
2016-02-20 13:43:07: ERROR[main]: 	...-win32-msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\item.lua:338: in function 'item_drop'
2016-02-20 13:43:07: ERROR[main]: 	...minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\pipeworks/item_transport.lua:252: in function 'on_step'
2016-02-20 13:43:07: ERROR[main]: 	...msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\pipeworks/luaentity.lua:347: in function <...msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\pipeworks/luaentity.lua:312>
2016-02-20 13:43:07: ERROR[main]: 	...32-msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:355: in function <...32-msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:335>

In thread 1a78:
server.cpp:511: Server::step: A fatal error occurred: Runtime error from mod 'pipeworks' in callback ScriptApiEnv::environment_Step(): ...-win32-msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\item.lua:338: attempt to index local 'dropper' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	...-win32-msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\item.lua:338: in function 'item_drop'
	...32-msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:355: in function <...32-msvc\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:335>
2016-02-20 13:43:07: ACTION[ServerThread]: hallohallo leaves game. List of players: 
Debug stacks:
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 264:
#0  ServerThread::Thread
#1  Server::AsyncRunStep
#2  Server::DeleteClient
(Leftover data: #3  ItemStack::deSerialize)
(Leftover data: #4  ItemStack::serialize)
(Leftover data: #5  getCraftingResult)
(Leftover data: #6  ItemStack::deSerialize)
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 318:
#0  EmergeThread::Thread
(Leftover data: #1  ServerMap::loadBlock)
(Leftover data: #2  ServerMap::loadBlock)
(Leftover data: #3  ItemStack::deSerialize)
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 10fc:
#0  UpdateThread::Thread
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 1600:
#0  CurlFetchThread::Thread
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 1a78:
#0  main
#1  Server::step
(Leftover data: #2  ClientEnvironment::step)
(Leftover data: #3  Client::Receive)
(Leftover data: #4  Client::ProcessData)
(Leftover data: #5  MeshUpdateQueue::addBlock)
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 1bbc:
#0  UpdateThread::Thread
I often had problems like that when i was not paying attention and doing mistakes in the building of machine-constructions. But I could always cure it, by finding the problem. So this time i tried to fix the "standard problem-causers" after it broke down, like taking away the power prom the machines to look around, checking boxes for possible overload. but i didn't found anything, so i removed the whole stage where the machines stood that i think caused this problem (all other machines where out of range and later i checked many of them for issues too), but the game still crashes when i start it with the pipeworks-mod enabled. i just don't know what to do now. I could explode!!!

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

(Repost from your other topic)

Looks the same as Issue #127.
You'll have to update your Minetest version to an unstable one. Try Krock's or sfan5's builds.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

Prot
GitHub: EuPhobos
In-game: EuPhobos

by Prot » Post

I think StackWise Filter Injector not really correct, if i filter some stack of 10, and if in chest more than 10, it drop exactly 10, it's ok, but, if in chest less than 10, it drop what's left. How to disable it drop less then listen in filter? I need exactly stack, don't more AND don't less?