[Mod] Pipeworks [git] [pipeworks]

Shaun

by Shaun » Post

So I just updated all my mods. Was really wanting to try this transport out. However, I followed the guide and the pictures.

The mese sorting tube just passes right on through and ignores what ever items I put next to the colours.
The recieving chest never gets the item. Just pops right out of the tube.

?????Help????

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I am not sure why it's doing that, since it worked fine for me. Can you show me a screenshot of a non-working example?
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Sartan

by Sartan » Post

There is a possibility add accelerating pneumatic tubes?

Nore
Developer
GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Post

Could you please change the recipe of the detector tube to use mesecons? It will crash the server (I think, not tested) if an item passes through it without mesecons installed.

Shaun

by Shaun » Post

VanessaE wrote:I am not sure why it's doing that, since it worked fine for me. Can you show me a screenshot of a non-working example?
I have even tried on your server. It doesn't work for me. Soon as I get a chance I will give you coords to where I set it up at.

Shaun

by Shaun » Post

On your server goto 131.2, 33.1, 132.0
Same set up I have on my server.

Nore
Developer

by Nore » Post

It looks like the items are not lost when they go out of the loaded map, but that you need to reconnect to get them back (strange bug surely related to the engine).

Nore
Developer

by Nore » Post

I added a teleport tube, and an accelerator tube. If you have problems with items disappearing, use the teleport tube, it works even better than the normal one.

madarexxx

by madarexxx » Post

I have an idea - make sorting tube UI like craft guide - list of all things, with search, from which you select items for sorting.
Sorry for my bad English, please help me learn it - correct my worst mistakes :)

Likwid H-Craft

by Likwid H-Craft » Post

How I make the Chest and the it Tubes work?
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)

Shaun

by Shaun » Post

Nore wrote:It looks like the items are not lost when they go out of the loaded map, but that you need to reconnect to get them back (strange bug surely related to the engine).

I never lose items. They just pop out the last tube before the enter the chest. I have alos upgraded pipeworks. As far as the tubes go they transport items. Filter works. But sorting, teleporting, speed, recieving does not work.

Nore
Developer

by Nore » Post

Do you have other mods installed? It is possible that one of them redefines chests, and that it does not works because of this (chests and furnaces need to be redefined to work, so if they are redefined another time after, it will not work)

Nore
Developer

by Nore » Post

I have finally been able to reproduce the bug: I think you use technic. If so, can you comment the line that executes the file injector.lua (the bug come from there), and tell me if there is still a bug?

Shaun

by Shaun » Post

Nore wrote:I have finally been able to reproduce the bug: I think you use technic. If so, can you comment the line that executes the file injector.lua (the bug come from there), and tell me if there is still a bug?

Yes technic is installed. I have tried uncommenting that line and just a quick test (chest)(filter)(tubes)(chest) now works....i will test the rest later.

Nore
Developer

by Nore » Post

I will explain the tube API for the ones who want to make their mods compatible...
You just have to add the tubedevice=1 if you want your node to connect to tubes, and tubedevice_reciver=1 if you want tubes to insert items in it.
Next, add a tube table to the nodedef. If the node is tubedevice_receiver, you should add two functions in it: insert_object(pos,node,stack,direction), which inserts the stack in the node (use direction to know which way the stack is coming from), and returns the leftover stack, and can_insert, which has the same arguments, and returns if insertion is possible.
If you want the filter to be able to take items from your node, add an input_inventory string, which is the name of the inventory from which the filter will take.

Finally, you can register tubes with the register_tube function: it takes as arguments the textures, and a nodedef table. If the tube has a table "tube", in which there is a function can_go, it will be called when an item gets to the center of the tube, to know which way it should go.

If this is not clear enough, look at the compat.lua and tubes.lua files for examples.

Nore
Developer

by Nore » Post

Could you please update the first post for the new things?
Thanks!

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Done. Can you check to see if I missed anything?
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

+1 for yhe updates
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

I love this mod! It's cool to transport water :D

Nore
Developer

by Nore » Post

The only differences I see is that when off, mese tubes will not allow any item, not just the ones placed before (they do nothing). There are also the node breaker and deployer, which are from technic and adapted to work with the latest version of minetest, mesecons and pipeworks.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Ok, everything is documented now except the deployer - I don't understand how it works. :-)

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

VanessaE wrote:Ok, everything is documented now except the deployer - I don't understand how it works. :-)
when something enters it the deployer shoots it out in front of it. like a garbage chute and making stuff go in lava
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

Nore
Developer

by Nore » Post

No, what the deployer does it that it does the same as a player right_clicking with the items in his inventory. So it will place blocks or items depending on what they are, or it will do the same as if you right_clicked the node if it does something.

The mese pipe will prevent any item from leaving through that direction when off (the blocks in the line don't change anything).

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Ok, I get it now. I think I spotted a bug though - If the deployer is set to place a node such as sand or wood, it does not subtract it from its inventory. That is, if I put say 5 wood blocks into the deployer and instruct it to place one, there are still 5 in the deployer's inventory. This doesn't happen with craft items like a steel ingot.

Also, suggestion: Change the deployer's inventory to 5x2 or 4x2 spaces instead of 3x3 - it looks like a crafting grid right now :-)

Also, accessing the deployer's inventory is very slow compared to elsewhere.

Nore
Developer

by Nore » Post

That's strange, because I don't have that bug (just tested it, it works fine).