[Mod] Pipeworks [git] [pipeworks]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Nore: thanks! merged, and got rid of that furnace texture also. Regarding furnace top/bottom, I think it would be better if you used bottom (fuel) and sides (item to cook), as I've kinda designated the top of the furnace as a place to put a flue (some time or another, I'd like to add smoke particles to it when it's active).
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

jojoa: no, it doesn't handle any liquids other than water, at present. Hopefully soon it will.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Spots

by Spots » Post

VanessaE does the Transport filter object have an on and off i can only get it to work if i stand there and punch it time after time , also for some reason when i start the water transport the Outlet spigot turns when the water hits it and stops the flow

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I just pushed an update to fix the spigots. Sorry about that.

As for the filter block, that's Nore's department. :-)

Spots

by Spots » Post

np and thanks tons for the mod i'm loving it

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Nore could you also add pipes going to furnaces so i can transport stuff to the furnace.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

Spots

by Spots » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:Nore could you also add pipes going to furnaces so i can transport stuff to the furnace.
i didnt have that problem just trying to get the stuff to transport to a chest is the only problem i have now as i said before i have to keep punching it to move one item at a time

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Spots wrote:
jojoa1997 wrote:Nore could you also add pipes going to furnaces so i can transport stuff to the furnace.
i didnt have that problem just trying to get the stuff to transport to a chest is the only problem i have now as i said before i have to keep punching it to move one item at a time
I know but having ores being able to go in a furnace is also nice. Especially when you are mining industrious style.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Nore
Developer
GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:
Spots wrote:
I know but having ores being able to go in a furnace is also nice. Especially when you are mining industrious style.
There is that already: from top to put items in cooking slot, from bottom to put them in fuel slot.
Spots wrote:
You can use mesecons, it will do the same as punching when receiving a mesecons signal.

Spots

by Spots » Post

but , but ....i dont use mesecons ....<hangs head in shame>

also is there a craft for the filter or just in creative mod <---reason for edit
Last edited by Spots on Tue Jan 15, 2013 13:19, edited 1 time in total.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

thx Nore for kickin my butt ;)
update for tubed items coming shortly

Spots

by Spots » Post

Angel you rock i love everything you and VanessaE do lol also just because i thought the textures for the filter ...well lacked a little bit i messed around and did this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bppa9scm8cl6k ... xtures.zip

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Nice textures! Imported into pipeworks and pushed to git. :-)

Spots

by Spots » Post

thanks just thought it needed a little something ya know

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

VanessaE I can make the pie works mod filter automatic using an ABM but I don't know how to set it on and off
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

No, better to leave the filter as manual + mesecons-controlled for now. I'll add an abm for it later if it seems like it's needed.

Nore
Developer

by Nore » Post

I added insertion in furnaces through side and mese pipe (sorts items).
Could you pull the request please?

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Nore wrote:I added insertion in furnaces through side and mese pipe (sorts items).
Could you pull the request please?
Make bottom fuel, back and sides input, and top out put. or make it self powered and make the input and output the back/bottom/top
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Nore
Developer

by Nore » Post

Use a filter from any side for output, and place pipes to any side or top for cooking slot, to bottom for fuel slot.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Nore: done - thanks! Also, I added a couple of crafting recipes for the new tubes.

For everyone else: This adds the ability to sort items and send them to specific destinations by tagging them with a particular color. See first post for a description of how it works.

Sartan

by Sartan » Post

I have a problem when sending item is a pneumatic tube an item disappear (transmitted block unloaded from the server's memory and disappear) or take off for the texture (as part of the path is unloaded). I work in a mine -300 / -400 blocks and very convenient to send mined through pipes up to the city. (but without losing it's complicated.) It is possible to make the transfer of blocks over long distances without loss, and care for the pipes? Sorry for the poor language skills. Sartan.

Spots

by Spots » Post

makes me feel so good to see my new texture for the filter

as for the pneumatic tube and item disappearance over long distances i haven't had any issues but I'll help to check it out

Edit -> place chest at -128,9,125 tubes connect to filter at -128,-64,125 when you get back to the surface transport stops then the transported item then shoots through the tube bypassing the chest and straight into the sky only to be lost and then removed from the static Objects list ,on a side not if you get to far from your mesecon power circut it also stops working and you have to re-power it
Last edited by Spots on Wed Jan 16, 2013 22:44, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Sartan and Spots: The issues you mention are due to how Minetest handles active blocks, plus bugs in the way entities are handled. The engine decides which blocks are active based on who is signed onto the server and where they are, and entities just suck right now. ;-)

This cannot be solved from a mod at present, because we have no way for a mod to tell the engine "I need this, this, and this block to always be active".

You can change, in your minetest.conf:

active_block_range = 3 (or larger)

The default is 2. Larger values mean more mapblocks are active at the same time, but this increases the load on the server.

Spots

by Spots » Post

oh no worries then fully understandable he was having issues so i just tested it out I still play minetest when ever I'm bored of Diablo 3 which is quit often and i'm very thankful for all the work you guys and ladys do to improve the game play

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

2013-01-17: Nore added a mese detector tube that sends a signal to a neighboring mesecons wire when an object passes through the tube. I added a recipe for that and also for the filter device.