Armadillo (Master in the Defense)
37%

Total votes: 30

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v8.23] [petz]

by runs » Post

CalebJ wrote:Two bugs:
Firstly, whistle is a global sound.
Second, if you mount a horse, camel, any mountable mob - and lasso it while mounted, you shrink to the size of an ant. I've tried fixing this myself but to no avail so far, even with a minetest.after(function) resetting the player's model to y = 1, x = 1.
Better to not allow capturing if a driver.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v8.24] [petz]

by runs » Post

v8.24
- Fix: Do not capture a mounted petz.

acidzebra

by acidzebra » Post

Would it make sense to be able to restrict the amounts of petz one person can tame?

I mean this is fun but on a multiplayer server, if tons of people do it, it'll be a performance drag.
And chickens seem to breed autonomously, and petz don't seem to ever die of old age...

Suggestions:
1. option to restrict number of pets one can tame
2. option to set 'expiry time' on petz, so they die eventually

runs

by runs » Post

acidzebra wrote:Would it make sense to be able to restrict the amounts of petz one person can tame?

I mean this is fun but on a multiplayer server, if tons of people do it, it'll be a performance drag.
And chickens seem to breed autonomously, and petz don't seem to ever die of old age...

Suggestions:
1. option to restrict number of pets one can tame
2. option to set 'expiry time' on petz, so they die eventually
Funny, petz plague. :-D
No, chicken breed automatically only if have a nest close.
I can implement both, configurable max_tamed petz by player and expiry_time by petz, both. But I think that for dogs or cats the expiry_time should be infinite, poor mascots! My idea is that named petz do not die at all.

What time for expiry should be suitable for defaut for each petz?

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v8.23] [petz]

by runs » Post

runs wrote:
CalebJ wrote:Two bugs:
Firstly, whistle is a global sound
Can you confirm this? I've checked and the sound is sent to the specific player only.

acidzebra

by acidzebra » Post

runs wrote:Funny, petz plague. :-D
I can implement both, configurable max_tamed petz by player and expiry_time by petz, both. But I think that for dogs or cats the expiry_time should be infinite, poor mascots! My idea is that named petz do not die at all.

What time for expiry should be suitable for defaut for each petz?
I would already be super happy with a max_tamed variable.

re: expiry - it's a good question - expiry_time or max_lifetime should by default be infinite I think - this would not disrupt existing installs of people who are happy with the status quo. I would set it maybe to two-four weeks of ingame time, only counting down if the player is logged on? I would have to experiment a bit to find the right balance.

I agree that named petz should not die at all - together with max_tamed this would create a suitable cap on MP servers.

ps - for the chickens, I figured out the guy placed a whole bunch of nests, this allowed them to breed like crazy.

runs

by runs » Post

v8.25
- Added 'max_tamed_by_owner' setting in petz.conf to limit the petz tamed by player.

Imk
In-game: Imk

Re: [Mod] Petz [v8.25] [petz]

by Imk » Post

Code: Select all

2020-04-08 18:48:13: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: environment_Step: Runtime error from mod 'mesecons' in callback environment_Step(): .../minetest/bin/../mods/petz/petz/misc/lycanthropy.lua:59: attempt to call method 'get_meta' (a nil value)
2020-04-08 18:48:13: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-04-08 18:48:13: ERROR[Main]:       .../minetest/bin/../mods/petz/petz/misc/lycanthropy.lua:59: in function 'is_werewolf'
2020-04-08 18:48:13: ERROR[Main]:       .../minetest/bin/../mods/petz/petz/misc/lycanthropy.lua:288: in function 'callback'
2020-04-08 18:48:13: ERROR[Main]:       /home/imk/minetest/bin/../mods/hbhunger/hunger.lua:15: in function </home/imk/minetest/bin/../mods/hbhunger/hunger.lua:11>
2020-04-08 18:48:13: ERROR[Main]:       (tail call): ?

runs

by runs » Post

v8.26
- Dropped support for hbhunger in petz.

runs

by runs » Post

Imk wrote:

2020-04-08 18:48:13: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: environment_Step: Runtime error from mod 'mesecons' in callback environment_Step(): .../minetest/bin/../mods/petz/petz/misc/lycanthropy.lua:59: attempt to call method 'get_meta' (a nil value)
2020-04-08 18:48:13: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-04-08 18:48:13: ERROR[Main]:       .../minetest/bin/../mods/petz/petz/misc/lycanthropy.lua:59: in function 'is_werewolf'
2020-04-08 18:48:13: ERROR[Main]:       .../minetest/bin/../mods/petz/petz/misc/lycanthropy.lua:288: in function 'callback'
2020-04-08 18:48:13: ERROR[Main]:       /home/imk/minetest/bin/../mods/hbhunger/hunger.lua:15: in function </home/imk/minetest/bin/../mods/hbhunger/hunger.lua:11>
2020-04-08 18:48:13: ERROR[Main]:       (tail call): ?
The hbhunger overrides the default 'core.do_item_eat' cos literally 'this way we make sure other mods can't break this one'. This never should be done by a mod, cos capture and hold a core feature. It is a extreme solution. Instead it should claim other mods being compatible with it.

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

Minetest 5.2, Petz 8.26
Hi,

when you break the "bottle with moth", minetest crash ...

AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'petz' in callback node_on_dig(): Runtime error from mod 'petz' in callback node_on_destruct(): /home/codesound/.minetest/mods/mobkit/init.lua:640: attempt to index field 'memory' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	/home/codesound/.minetest/mods/mobkit/init.lua:640: in function 'remember'
	...desound/.minetest/mods/petz/mokapi/api/api_feed_tame.lua:45: in function 'set_owner'
	/home/codesound/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/misc/items.lua:398: in function </home/codesound/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/misc/items.lua:395>
	[C]: in function 'remove_node'
	/usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:621: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:550>
stack traceback:
	/usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:621: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:550>
and

when dead one animal, and you select "follow me", this animal reborn...

These are the problems my daughter found ...... (she loves your petz mod)
thanks again!
Last edited by Codesound on Thu Apr 09, 2020 15:17, edited 1 time in total.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v8.26] [petz]

by runs » Post

- Fix workaround: No crash when a bottle with moth is breaked. But now no tamed.
Last edited by runs on Thu Apr 09, 2020 14:52, edited 1 time in total.

runs

by runs » Post

Codesound wrote:Minetest 5.2, Petz 8.26
Hi,

AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'petz' in callback node_on_dig(): Runtime error from mod 'petz' in callback node_on_destruct(): /home/codesound/.minetest/mods/mobkit/init.lua:640: attempt to index field 'memory' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	...desound/.minetest/mods/petz/mokapi/api/api_feed_tame.lua:45: in function 'set_owner'
	/home/codesound/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/misc/items.lua:398: in function </home/codesound/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/misc/items.lua:395>
stack traceback:
and

This are problems founded by my doughter... (she loves your petz mod)
thanks again!
I am not able to give orders on a dead petz. Are you sure?

CalebJ
GitHub: KaylebJay
IRC: KaylebJay
In-game: CalebJ

Re: [Mod] Petz [v8.26] [petz]

by CalebJ » Post

That's really weird, maybe you should double check your version of mobkit. Dead animals lose the mobkit brain and all definitions and then dissapear.

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

runs wrote:
Codesound wrote:Minetest 5.2, Petz 8.26
Hi,

stack traceback:
stack traceback:
and

This are problems founded by my doughter... (she loves your petz mod)
thanks again!
I am not able to give orders on a dead petz. Are you sure?
Hi,

in this video you see what happens....

Animals (all that have "follow me" function) reborns:
https://streamable.com/5p2d4a

when you break the "bottle with moth", minetest crash:
https://streamable.com/aqvlvz

thanks again for all..... thanks

[EDIT] : new world with only petz mod enabled in this video... (last petz and last mobkit from your link provided from first page)

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v8.27] [petz]

by runs » Post

v8.28
- Dead mobs are not pointable now.

Codesound

Re: [Mod] Petz [v8.27] [petz]

by Codesound » Post

runs wrote:v8.28
- Dead mobs are not pointable now.
Thanks thanks thanks!!! Not only for your great works, but also for your very quick replies....

Thanks also by my childrens....

works on Linux Mint 19.03 Cinnamom, Minetest 5.2

Cheers

runs

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) (v8.5)

by runs » Post

CalebJ wrote:Birds, and penguins, can glitch through diagonal walls quite easily. Can this be fixed, by chance?
The PR that should fix this was finally merged: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/pull/9343

CalebJ
GitHub: KaylebJay
IRC: KaylebJay
In-game: CalebJ

Re: [Mod] Petz [v8.28] [petz]

by CalebJ » Post

Yay!!

acidzebra

by acidzebra » Post

runs wrote:v8.25
- Added 'max_tamed_by_owner' setting in petz.conf to limit the petz tamed by player.
Awesome! But I think this can be circumvented by breeding - for instance if chickens have a nest they will still reproduce.

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

Petz v8.28, minetest 5.2
Hi,

sorry for my new feed..... but.... when one petz/monster is placed, Minetest crashes:

AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'petz' in callback item_OnPlace(): ...codesound/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api/api_feed_tame.lua:5: table index is nil
stack traceback:
	...codesound/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api/api_feed_tame.lua:5: in function 'insert_tamed_by_owner'
	...codesound/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api/api_feed_tame.lua:50: in function 'do_tame'
	...e/codesound/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api/api_capture.lua:16: in function 'create_pet'
	...e/codesound/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api/api_capture.lua:44: in function <...e/codesound/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api/api_capture.lua:31>
thanks... for all.....

runs

by runs » Post

v8.29
- Fix: Crash when putting monster on the world.

runs

by runs » Post

Codesound wrote:Petz v8.28, minetest 5.2
Hi,

sorry for my new feed..... but.... when one petz/monster is placed, Minetest crashes:

AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'petz' in callback item_OnPlace(): ...codesound/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api/api_feed_tame.lua:5: table index is nil
stack traceback:
	...codesound/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api/api_feed_tame.lua:5: in function 'insert_tamed_by_owner'
	...codesound/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api/api_feed_tame.lua:50: in function 'do_tame'
	...e/codesound/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api/api_capture.lua:16: in function 'create_pet'
	...e/codesound/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api/api_capture.lua:44: in function <...e/codesound/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api/api_capture.lua:31>
thanks... for all.....
New tame feature, new crash. :-D

I am going to not add new features to Petz in the next 2 months to estabilize it. I prefer better to add new petz. I have a lot of TODO: ants, crows, lizards, butterflies, crabs...

Adnunano

by Adnunano » Post

I am going to not add new features to Petz in the next 2 months to estabilize it. I prefer better to add new petz. I have a lot of TODO: ants, crows, lizards, butterflies, crabs...[/quote]
You have given the best news.Looking forward to it.But instead of adding new docile animals.You should add savage predators.It can be different types of big cats or etc.
NfAPhpmGaVphBjK8NIr9Mit5xNW2emD2

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

runs wrote:v8.29
- Fix: Crash when putting monster on the world.
Many thanks.... again....