38%

Total votes: 29

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v22.12] [petz]

by runs » Post

FrostTheLionCat wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:11
Two problems:
1. When i command my pet to follow me, It plays the walking animation, but doesn't move
And when i spawn a mob like a Lion, it just stares at one direction, or will just look around
2. I know this has been talked about, and might have been fixed, but there's no petz naturally spawning in my world
I really love the designs of the Petz though
What game do you uses? It seems it conflicts with another mod, don't allowing them to move. Petz is for MTG based games (spawning is on "default" nodes)

A lion should attack you.

Petz is a game to slow spawning. Calm and peacefully. But to quickly spawn animals, open "pet.conf" and change "spawn_interval = 1". This speed-up x30 the default spawn rate and you will see a lot of petz around.

runs

by runs » Post

Mybe your problem is using a old version of Minetest. It is a confusion in the mobkit post, so you could download a very first version instead the newest.

j0j0n4th4n

by j0j0n4th4n » Post

If you are using mod_core this may be the problem. Mob_core has been conflicting with mobkit pathfinding in other mods who use mobkit even if they don't use mob_core. Assuming that is the problem, try turning it mob_core off to see if it fixes.
cdb_894a100ddd76

FrostTheLionCat

by FrostTheLionCat » Post

Okay, let me check
cdb_55e935e0b607

runs

by runs » Post

v22.13

- Fix: There was a 50% possibility of hens being male & roosters female. Maybe for elephants too.
- Fix: "The recipe for grain_packet conflicts with the recipe for bonemeal:mulch" [Thanks to mazes-80]

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v22.13] [petz]

by runs » Post

v22.14

- Squirrels now only try to climb trees and not other type of wood.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v22.13] [petz]

by runs » Post

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v22.14] [petz]

by runs » Post

IMPORTANT NEWS

In version 23 the syringe and the "seed" will be replaced and the way of mating ponies will be like the others. However, it will be optional, by default it will be disabled, but it can be configured to continue as before.

ZAAo

by ZAAo » Post

Thanks again for an awesome mod, which adds lots of enjoyment and a whole new "dimension" to Minetest! My kids also really enjoy your mod!

I have a few ideas/requests/suggestions, to make it even more awesome... if I may be so bold as to express these :)

1. There is one thing that I really do NOT like about the petz mod, and that is the fact that it has a whip and encourages lashing animals :(
Would you consider rethinking that and possibly removing it, or at least having an option to disable its use (perhaps disabled by default?) and make it disappear from the inventory completely, should a player not wish to experience animal cruelty within an otherwise amazingly wonderful mod?
2. Players have the option to have a puppy or a kitten, but how about having an adult dog or cat?
3. Would it be possible to add "life stages" for the animals (similar to how the farming mod for example has growth stages), but obviously with far greater time lapses between stages, and to have (some or all of) the animals grow from "child" to "adult" stage and possibly even have in-between stages? Perhaps the player could also have a setting to choose whether to just have your pets always remain the same age, or to have them age naturally (which would make it more realistic). There could even be an option to allow animals_grow_old and then for them to turn grey and eventually die of old age...? Perhaps you are already using such a mechanic for the chick-hen-rooster "chicken family"?
4. Could you perhaps add lion cub and bear cub pets (and how about tiger cubs)? These would not need to be tamed, as the player raises them from "infancy" and they would naturally bond to you, without need for "traditional taming" methods (which would also negate the need for having a whip and the lashing mechanic, which really isn't what I want my kids to learn from a game... that you should hit/hurt animals, because you want them to do your bidding). BTW I did a web search for lion taming methods and found this https://entertainment.howstuffworks.com ... taming.htm which confirms that humane methods are in fact used nowadays, and lions are not whipped anymore in most taming processes.
5. How about more toys for playing with pets... e.g. a frisbee and stick to throw for your puppy and dog; a ball of yarn for a kitten and cat, etc.? And to have more pets play with the ball, rather than just the puppy playing with it? Would it be possible for them to fetch and return... to bring it back to you, to throw again?
6. Perhaps a tranquiliser / dart blowpipe could be added, for sedating an aggressive animal, so it doesn't bother you and is rendered harmless for some time, without the need to kill it? And the option to "capture" and relocate it, which might make it "teleport" some x blocks distance away?
7. Would it be possible to add a dog whistle to call your pet puppies and pet dogs, if they are within reasonable distance from you? Oh wait, you do have a pet whistle already.. does that work for all animals?
8. While on the subject of puppies and dogs... How about an option to set the breed of the puppy when you first "get" it, and then it gets locked and it will grow up to be that type of dog (and use the model and textures for that, and to have aggression / lack thereof, and loyalty, etc. associated with that particular breed)? Maybe also select the kitten's cat breed similarly?
* OR might it be possible to get a prompt/formspec popup when the kitten, puppy (or some other animals' young) is placed, to choose the age and breed (and gender?) and thereby remove the need to have zillions of variations for the pets, for various life stages, breeds, gender, etc.? Essentially just setting a few flags/variables for the specific instance of the pet, and letting the code decide which models and textures and attributes to apply to that pet?
9. Could we also perhaps have petfood ("dry" pellets, "wet" tinned, etc.) and bowls to put the food and water (or milk in case of a kitten/cat) in for them? This could even allow creative players to build feeding "machines" where food and drink items from chests could be sent via tubes, hoppers, etc. into the pet bowls (or troughs for farm animals)?
10. Can one's pets perhaps play with each other? For example, if you have more than one puppy / dog...
11. Could petz have lifecycles for all animals that are present in it? This would be great for helping kids to learn within the game what most schools teach them in a rather boring way from textbooks... :) Lifestages of the butterfly, silkworm, frog, fish and chicken (already done)...? Having "baby" animals for all animals in the mod, would also help kids to learn the animal-offspring names associated with each other... and to experience in game which animals are related (parent and child). Maybe rename the animals to show this more clearly: e.g. lion (adult), lion (cub), pig (adult), pig (piglet)?
12. How about having a lizard and/or gecko added?

Yes, I know some of these are quite "out of the box" and perhaps pushing the boundaries of what might be possible in Minetest, but I think most or all of it will be possible... even if not right away ;)

What do you (and everyone else) think about these ideas?

PS I've seen a few times how some animals somehow get stuck on top of things (tree, built structure, etc.) and are apparently unable to get down by themselves, until a player builds a way down, by placing blocks or breaking down some of whatever the animal is stuck on... Could you look into this?

runs

by runs » Post

I have a few ideas/requests/suggestions, to make it even more awesome... if I may be so bold as to express these :)

1. Maybe a blowgun with a sedative.
2. Really Petz are Baby-Adults, I mean can breed.
3. Petz are babies.
4. Yeah baby and bear cubs. Good idea.
5. The code to fetch the ball in ground is there uncommented. I have to anable it.
6. You already can capture Petz with lasso and net. Blowpipe yes.
7. Yes, the whistle works with all your Petz.
8. I want to create breeds. But I do not understand you want to say.
9. Renewable petz bowwl. Good idea.
10. Yes.
11. Yes. Lizard is cool.

PS I've seen a few times how some animals somehow get stuck on top of things (tree, built structure, etc.) and are apparently unable to get down by themselves, until a player builds a way down, by placing blocks or breaking down some of whatever the animal is stuck on... Could you look into this?

Petz are intrepid to climb but fear to down. Maybe squirrels should jump to the ground. Arboreal behaviours are very limited right now.

runs

by runs » Post

v 22.15

- Fix: Bats don't fly

Clyde
GitHub: acmgit
In-game: clyde

Re: [Mod] Petz [v22.15] [petz]

by Clyde » Post

Hmm why?
Afaik bats are able to fly.
My Server: Welcome to Zeitsprung - deadsoft.org:49152 Jungle The next Gundul - jungle-tng.deadsoft.org:49152

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

Another question on bats:
what is the time frame that Petz are generated, and what is the basis on their action ?

So what/which variable are you using to 'control' time based repeating actions ?
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

runs

by runs » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 23:58
Another question on bats:
what is the time frame that Petz are generated, and what is the basis on their action ?

So what/which variable are you using to 'control' time based repeating actions ?
Petz are generated each 30 s, possibility only, can be changed. Bats only at night and in caves, I believe.

I do not understand the second question.

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

runs wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 22:49
v 22.15

Hmm why?
As far as i know (Afaik) bats can fly.
My Server: Welcome to Zeitsprung - deadsoft.org:49152 Jungle The next Gundul - jungle-tng.deadsoft.org:49152

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

runs wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 13:00
Festus1965 wrote:

Petz are generated each 30 s, possibility only, can be changed. Bats only at night and in caves, I believe.

If the only time Petz is active is a distance of 30 Seconds (with just a change of 0.3) for generating a Pet, THEN the pet would not move or act anything, until next 30s ... that generating 30% event I found

but what time-frame, repeating, interval base is used for the moving of them, detecting a gamer if bad one to attack ?

runs

by runs » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 15:21
runs wrote:
Festus1965 wrote:

If the only time Petz is active is a distance of 30 Seconds (with just a change of 0.3) for generating a Pet, THEN the pet would not move or act anything, until next 30s ... that generating 30% event I found

but what time-frame, repeating, interval base is used for the moving of them, detecting a gamer if bad one to attack ?
No, the petz can move freely once spawned.

30 seconds is to get a chance for a new spawned petz only.

1 second for environment detection purposes (brain behaviour), not every engine step.
Last edited by runs on Fri Mar 11, 2022 19:56, edited 6 times in total.

runs

by runs » Post

Clyde wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 15:12
runs wrote:
v 22.15

Hmm why?
I don't know, but I testd and could not fly.

freshreplicant
In-game: freshreplicant

by freshreplicant » Post

runs wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 19:52
Clyde wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 15:12
runs wrote:
v 22.15

Hmm why?
I don't know, but I testd and could not fly.
Runs, when you wrote 'Fix: Bats don't fly', did you mean that your bat mob was bugged so it wasn't flying, so you fixed it, so that they fly now?

I think that Clyde might have read your comment to mean that 'Bats don't fly' in general, and that you then changed it so your mob doesn't fly.

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Yes freshreplicant,
i mean, that my bats in my garden are flying around in the sunset and hunting insects ;-).
So my comment was more a question, why bat's don't fly.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

runs wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 19:51
Festus1965 wrote:
runs wrote:

1 second for environment detection purposes (brain behavior), not every engine step.
where is this time set ? file.lua:line ???

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Any porcupine puffers in the future of this mod? We are in the house of Pisces right now. They can be an example of the "beware the silly ones" trope for this mod. You can see one right here:
https://youtu.be/lOltMxQ8Kfc
There could be two variants of this fish. One would only be fatal if eaten, while the other one kills the player instantly upon contact (regardless of armor, health, and/or enchantments.) Pisces power indeed! Maybe there could even be a third type that lives in lava and spits that liquid at players to cause damage (also instant death upon contact?) Just some ideas...

runs

by runs » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 23:47
runs wrote:
Festus1965 wrote:

1 second for environment detection purposes (brain behavior), not every engine step.
In any "brain" file, any file that start by "br_" in petz/petz/mobkit", this line:

Code: Select all

if mobkit.timer(self, 1) then

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

runs wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 09:02
Festus1965 wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 23:47
runs wrote:
In any "brain" file, any file that start by "br_" in petz/petz/mobkit", this line:

Code: Select all

if mobkit.timer(self, 1) then
I spend some time in the files, I am sure not professional in lua.
Is there any change in one setting to reduce that 1sec timer down to 2 or 3 = reduce CPU time of Petz by 50 or 66 % ?

When a server has a profiler file show 33% Petz and next mod is under 10% I think it's presents is too high.

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 09:56
I spend some time in the files, I am sure not professional in lua.
Is there any change in one setting to reduce that 1sec timer down to 2 or 3 = reduce CPU time of Petz by 50 or 66 % ?

When a server has a profiler file show 33% Petz and next mod is under 10% I think it's presents is too high.
Are you sure that your assumption is correct in the first place, that most time is being spent due to those timers?
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website