Vulture (King of the Death)
30%
Armadillo (Master in the Defense)
37%

Total votes: 30

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v9.0] [petz]

by runs » Post

LMD wrote:runs: I don't think the player size is a Minetest issue. You just have to keep in mind that your model's scale will be multiplied with the visual size of the entity it's attached to. You could see my advanced weapons mod for an example of working around this.
[override]
Last edited by runs on Sun Apr 19, 2020 02:07, edited 1 time in total.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v9.1] [petz]

by runs » Post

Well, finally I found the error in my code.

After attach I forced detach (visual_size =1 with timer).

So, no Minetest fault, but mine :-D

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v9.1] [petz]

by runs » Post

V9.2
- Better giant rider fix.

u18398

Re: [Mod] Petz [v9.2] [petz]

by u18398 » Post

crash with magen V6:

Code: Select all

2020-04-19 09:33:18: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: environment_Step: Runtime error from mod 'petz' in callback environment_Step(): ....minetest/mods/petz/petz/api/api_spawn.lua:196: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'abr' (a string value)
2020-04-19 09:33:18: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-04-19 09:33:18: ERROR[Main]:       ...minetest/mods/petz/petz/api/api_spawn.lua:196: in function '?'
2020-04-19 09:33:18: ERROR[Main]:       /usr/local/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:429: in function </usr/local/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:413>
crashed when switching my server from mobs_redo to mobkit and petz.

line 195 is:
local abr = minetest.get_mapgen_setting('active_block_range')

something like this fixes it:
local abr = tonumber(minetest.get_mapgen_setting('active_block_range')) or 2

runs

by runs » Post

Gundul wrote:crash with magen V6:

2020-04-19 09:33:18: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: environment_Step: Runtime error from mod 'petz' in callback environment_Step(): ....minetest/mods/petz/petz/api/api_spawn.lua:196: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'abr' (a string value)
2020-04-19 09:33:18: ERROR[Main]:       ...minetest/mods/petz/petz/api/api_spawn.lua:196: in function '?'
2020-04-19 09:33:18: ERROR[Main]:       /usr/local/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:429: in function </usr/local/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:413>
crashed when switching my server from mobs_redo to mobkit and petz.

line 195 is:
local abr = minetest.get_mapgen_setting('active_block_range')

something like this fixes it:
local abr = tonumber(minetest.get_mapgen_setting('active_block_range')) or 2
This is very strange, that line is there from months. :-)

Do you use 5.3-dev?

runs

by runs » Post

Anyway, from the docs:

Gets the active mapgen setting (or nil if none exists) in string format
So I will fix that. But the default Minetest value seems to be '3' not '2'.
Last edited by runs on Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:40, edited 1 time in total.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v9.3] [petz]

by runs » Post

- v9.3
- Fix: Crash in spawn engine beacuse of 'active_block_range set'.
- Improved flying behaviour when butterflies flying too low.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v9.3] [petz]

by runs » Post

v9.4

- Fix: Butterflies not set for spawn by default.

Rats!!!
-Agressive mob.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v9.4] [petz]

by runs » Post

Well, I've made the rat video. I'll be uploading it shortly as a tutorial

runs

by runs » Post

v9.5
- Fix: Blood by default.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v9.5] [petz]

by runs » Post

v9.6
- You can capture a butterfly with a glass bottle. Decorative. When you break it, the butterfly liberates.

Bastrabun

Re: [Mod] Petz [v9.6] [petz]

by Bastrabun » Post

A player of mine wondered, where the food comes from in the petz_bowl. Is it possible to give it some inventory and whenever the petz need to eat, take one from that stock?
Whatever I say is CC0

runs

by runs » Post

Bastrabun wrote:A player of mine wondered, where the food comes from in the petz_bowl. Is it possible to give it some inventory and whenever the petz need to eat, take one from that stock?
No, only is a decorative node plus the kitties and puppies stay close to it ... and ...do not need to fed them.

So you have to create a closed area with the bowl, and the petz will be fed. You have not to recharge the bowl. Also if you put the pavement of the kennel or whatever you defined in petz.con (without bowl).

In resume, to the petz to be automatically fed: pavement or bowl or both.

But good idea to charge the bowl with food, more difficulty to the tamaochi mode, I will implement!
Last edited by runs on Mon Apr 20, 2020 21:14, edited 1 time in total.

shazen

by shazen » Post

runs wrote:v9.5
Yes it works now, thanx

runs

by runs » Post

shazen wrote:
runs wrote:v9.5
Yes it works now, thanx
Yes, children can be traumatized :-)

CalebJ
GitHub: KaylebJay
IRC: KaylebJay
In-game: CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

You should probably add an API for despawning. All these new little petz, its not worth it to have lots of beautiful butterflies if they take all your bandwidth ;-) That's not a problem for me, I've optimized everything I could: but for other servers it might be a problem. So the little petz (butterflies, ants, rats) could despawn once the player has moved on.

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

I don't think despawning is a good idea, managing bandwith, only sending relevant objects and removing those far away ("despawning once the player moved on") is the engine's job.
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

runs

by runs » Post

CalebJ wrote:You should probably add an API for despawning. All these new little petz, its not worth it to have lots of beautiful butterflies if they take all your bandwidth ;-) That's not a problem for me, I've optimized everything I could: but for other servers it might be a problem. So the little petz (butterflies, ants, rats) could despawn once the player has moved on.
In my game (singleplayer) beyond 80 blocks the entities and chunks already despawn (well, they are frozen, unloaded until you go through there again.

You can limit in petz the mobs that spawn by area. And a command that when the player invokes it eliminates the mobs within the area. You can also choose which animals to spawn and which not.

If you are talking about better server management, I could enable an algorithm that would run from to to time, to slow down undomesticated animals, to clear areas. That's a good idea.

For example my birds and butterflies are not very intelligent, every 3 seconds they make the flight decisions, by random statistical estimations of movement, they almost don't check their environment. But curiously they are able to keep flying, get out of closed places and climb over mountains (things I didn't foresee when I made the flight behaviour). Could I improve it? Yes, maybe, but at the cost of being slower. What I mean is that sometimes less is more.

What would improve a lot is that the engine incorporates certain functions to make them faster. I think the developers want to do that now. For example, to search for entities close to you, like mobkit does with a function, which would be 100% better if the engine does it.

But yes, I will add an optional cron task to clear areas.

runs

by runs » Post

v9.7
- Chnaged license for textures to CC BY-SA 4.0.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v9.7] [petz]

by runs » Post

v9.8
- Created a mokapi.cron_clear function. In 'petz.conf' set 'clear_mobs_time' (0 by default, disabled) to create a cron task to clear all the petz non-tamed mobs in the closest range of all the server's players from time to time.
Last edited by runs on Thu Apr 23, 2020 16:08, edited 1 time in total.

runs

by runs » Post

CalebJ wrote:You should probably add an API for despawning. All these new little petz, its not worth it to have lots of beautiful butterflies if they take all your bandwidth ;-) That's not a problem for me, I've optimized everything I could: but for other servers it might be a problem. So the little petz (butterflies, ants, rats) could despawn once the player has moved on.
Check the last version. If you put the setting 'clear_mobs_time= 5', the non-tamed petz will be cleared each 5 seconds on your server.

CalebJ

Re: [Mod] Petz [v9.8] [petz]

by CalebJ » Post

Suggestion: The cron job should be configurable per petz, turned off by default. This would be very useful because while some animals like cows and pigs should be permanent, little animals like rats, bees could be cleared from time to time.

Adnunano

by Adnunano » Post

You should add an option to use minetest's damaging system in order to fix compability issues on some weapon mods.Spear's throw ability,Lone_Wolf's grenades and so on.
NfAPhpmGaVphBjK8NIr9Mit5xNW2emD2

CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

Adnunano wrote:You should add an option to use minetest's damaging system in order to fix compability issues on some weapon mods.Spear's throw ability,Lone_Wolf's grenades and so on.
Totally agreed!

runs

by runs » Post

Adnunano wrote:You should add an option to use minetest's damaging system in order to fix compability issues on some weapon mods.Spear's throw ability,Lone_Wolf's grenades and so on.
It already does.

No, it's the other way around, those mods should be compatible with all other mods that add entities. But I'm afraid they only affect players.