Total votes: 29

Codesound

Re: [Mod] Petz [v17.8] [petz]

by Codesound » Post

runs wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 17:17
v18

- The Bunniez Family

A new petz that will delight the whole family. It can be domesticated. It can be breeded to have sweet bunnies. Get the beautiful pink mutation! They sleep at night.

It includes new food and Rabbit Hide.
we can only say thank you! My kids got up early today to play with your rabbits! you should have seen them when they realize you made the rabbits! thank you so much also by my childrens! you are incredible!

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v18.2] [petz]

by runs » Post

v18.3

- Improved bunny stand (sit) animation.
- Refactor of the pet form. Now it is created and refers to each player context.
- Use of the new "on_deactivate" event for entities if Minetest is v5.4-dev (be careful it should be the very last version).

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v18.3] [petz]

by runs » Post

Vote or revote for the next Petz.

There is a tie between the Flamingo and the Armadillo!

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v18.3] [petz]

by runs » Post

v18.4

- New Feature: Automatic Go Back Home
-- Put a Dreamcatcher to a Petz.
-- Go to the "Home" tab.
-- Set the Home Pos as the current one (Push the button).
-- Check "Automatic Go back home"
-- When the pet moves away from its home pos, it will automatically return.
-- Default a distance of 50 (configurable in "petz.conf")
-- The petz will return even to unloaded areas.
-- Be careful with captured petz, if you release them away from their home, they will automatically return to it.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v18.4] [petz]

by runs » Post

v18.5

- Improved "Home" form.
- Bunnies do not jump in front of cliffs (no lemmings).

The32bitguy
GitHub: The32bitguy
In-game: TaxCollector

Re: [Mod] Petz [v18.5] [petz]

by The32bitguy » Post

Draconis has recently gone over petz https://content.minetest.net/packages/? ... order=desc

u18398

by u18398 » Post

That also depends on how frequent you update your mod. After all ContentDB ranking says nothing about quality of a mod. Only how often it was downloaded and if it is frequently updated. (and if you use the 'right' license)
Which does not mean Draconis is lacking of quality.

runs

by runs » Post

The32bitguy wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 22:09
Draconis has recently gone over petz https://content.minetest.net/packages/? ... order=desc
It all smells very bad to me.

You only need to see the last positive comments on the same day, including yours, henchman. You can see that everything is an orchestrated campaign to rise artificially. I read you in the discord, silently (yes, I watch you in the shadows), and I know your master asked how much it went up for each positive comment.

But remember, after the wave, the foam goes down.

I don't worry, on the contrary, it makes me laugh. I'm not going to buy comments. And I think you all are pathetic, just so you know.

PS: I think rubenwardy should take action and penalize you, the Chinese, and those with clearly fake and interested comments, for bad practices.

The32bitguy

by The32bitguy » Post

runs wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 19:19
The32bitguy wrote:
It all smells very bad to me.

You only need to see the last positive comments on the same day, including yours, henchman. You can see that everything is an orchestrated campaign to rise artificially. I read you in the discord, silently (yes, I watch you in the shadows), and I know your master asked how much it went up for each positive comment.

But remember, after the wave, the foam goes down.

I don't worry, on the contrary, it makes me laugh. I'm not going to buy comments. And I think you all are pathetic, just so you know.

PS: I think rubenwardy should take action and penalize you, the Chinese, and those with clearly fake and interested comments, for bad practices.
I made my review a week both those three guys who weren't even paid anything, with my own free will. They just thought the mod was "innovative" like I did.
If you do have an alt in UMTD, which is against Discord's Terms of Service agreement since your ban, then you would have seen that it was honestly pretty funny and not a "orchestrated campaign" but I guess you wanted to fill your big word budget for the day.
PEE SSSH: I would like to know what "the Chinese" have done?

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

The32bitguy: Why did you come into this thread to just say that a certain mod was placed over another one, as if that was important? Just to piss off runs?

And runs, take up your qualms with moderators / admins, not making wild accusations in thread.

runs

by runs » Post

philipbenr wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 20:35
And runs, take up your qualms with moderators / admins, not making wild accusations in thread.
I pass, I have more things to do in my WONDERFUL life, than to waste time with 4 haters.

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

The32bitguy wrote:
This is obviously stirring the shit.

I too have positively reviewed Draconis, because I consider it to be a well-done mod, as I have followed it's development progress on Discord. I even decided to download it.
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

The32bitguy

by The32bitguy » Post

philipbenr wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 20:35
The32bitguy: Why did you come into this thread to just say that a certain mod was placed over another one, as if that was important? Just to piss off runs?

Because the input was joke and the output funny, but even I have better things to do than this. Goodbye

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Gundul wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 18:51
That also depends on how frequent you update your mod. After all ContentDB ranking says nothing about quality of a mod. Only how often it was downloaded and if it is frequently updated.
Being frequently updated doesn't matter too much as an IP address can only "upvote" a package once - no matter how many releases they download for it. Of course, they may change IP address hence why I said "too much". Another consideration is that the rating is biased towards recent installs, due to how scores decrease over time, which means that newer mods can have an edge. Details on how it works: https://content.minetest.net/help/top_packages/

Also, note that I intentionally don't show anything like "in the top 5" mods as the rating heuristic is inherently imperfect and using it to directly compare the merits of packages isn't what it's intended for. Its intent is as a way of making it easier to find the better/more popular packages
The32bitguy wrote:
I don't get why you choose to post that in here, what kind of response were you expecting? Seems like you were trying to start something.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

The32bitguy

by The32bitguy » Post

rubenwardy wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 21:27
The32bitguy wrote:
I don't get why you choose to post that in here, what kind of response were you expecting? Seems like you were trying to start something.
I admit it was immature, all things considered, to post that with the type of response that could be anticipated from runs and that it would have been better to not have posted it here at all.
However there is still the pressing matter of addressing the Chinese before this can be done with.

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

There is no pressing matter. Runs made an accusation and had no proof to back it up. The only way things continue is if he provides proof. Otherwise, there is nothing more to be had in this thread. And even then, what is the point of any of this? Drama.

runs

by runs » Post

Peace and love then.

runs

by runs » Post

v19

- Now all petz have gender, regardless of whether they can be breeded or not.
- Fix: The textures of shaved lambs and ponies with saddles turned into default ones when they were punched.
- Refactor of the on_activate and capture code -> Less code and more clear. And possible crashes, I hope not :-D

VulcanVet
In-game: VulcanVet

Re: [Mod] Petz [v19] [petz]

by VulcanVet » Post

Just updated to latest version (for the cute Bunnys) however there seems to be a bug with breeding. Noticed it first with horses, if you leave the world and re-enter, you can take seed from male horses but not give it to females. Works for newly spawned females but not ones that pre-existed in world. Reproduced reliably every time I exit world and even females that have never been bred cannot accept seed.

Tried with other animals, same with camels and cattle no longer breed with blueberries after world exit either (go into rut but won't actually breed, female does not become pregnant).

Even reproduced in test world with only petz and mobkit/mobcore.

runs

by runs » Post

v19.1

- Fixed regression with petz gender.

runs

by runs » Post

VulcanVet wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 17:29
Just updated to latest version (for the cute Bunnys) however there seems to be a bug with breeding. Noticed it first with horses, if you leave the world and re-enter, you can take seed from male horses but not give it to females. Works for newly spawned females but not ones that pre-existed in world. Reproduced reliably every time I exit world and even females that have never been bred cannot accept seed.

Tried with other animals, same with camels and cattle no longer breed with blueberries after world exit either (go into rut but won't actually breed, female does not become pregnant).

Even reproduced in test world with only petz and mobkit/mobcore.
Not bunnies but v19 and the gender refactor.

Solved.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v19.1] [petz]

by runs » Post

Milk Patch thanks to mazes-80

- It decrement buckets count when milking even when no more room in inventory.
- It also allows to keep the bucket stack as wielded item when milking cows, same behavior as when filling buckets with water.

theGoodNeighbor

Re: [Mod] Petz [v19.2] [petz]

by theGoodNeighbor » Post

Hi, Runs!

I am building a zoo map and many of the animals in this mod are perfect for it. :D I do have a problem though. I've tried to put your bees and butterflies in my insect house, but, for one, the worker bees die as soon as I place them. Secondly, the queen bees and butterflies keep escaping! I place them in an enclosed space with only a closed obsidian glass door for an exit. It's like they fly right through the ceiling. I just can't keep them inside the building. Please help.

runs

by runs » Post

theGoodNeighbor wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 22:01
Hi, Runs!

I am building a zoo map and many of the animals in this mod are perfect for it. :D I do have a problem though. I've tried to put your bees and butterflies in my insect house, but, for one, the worker bees die as soon as I place them. Secondly, the queen bees and butterflies keep escaping! I place them in an enclosed space with only a closed obsidian glass door for an exit. It's like they fly right through the ceiling. I just can't keep them inside the building. Please help.
Yes, worker bees die if not belong to a beehive. No free worker bees allowed. You have to free only Queen Bees and await they to found a colony naturally (on trunks and leaves). Or create a behive and manually put bees inside.

Escaping from an enclosing site is a Minetest Engine bug previous 5.3. If you uses v5.3 the bug should not arise.

theGoodNeighbor

by theGoodNeighbor » Post

runs wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:38
Escaping from an enclosing site is a Minetest Engine bug previous 5.3. If you uses v5.3 the bug should not arise.
But I am using v5.3.0. :(