###Normal bees should not spam!!!
bee_disable_spawn = true
ant_disable_spawn = true
warrior_ant_disable_spawn = true
rooster_disable_spawn = true
chicken_disable_spawn = true
Is there a reason for that?
Yes:

- Bees and Ants are created thru Queens (Beehives and Anthills). Worker Bees will die indeed if spawned cos they are linked to Beehives. No problem if worker and warrior ants are enabled.
- Chickens are baby animals from eggs (Hens lay eggs in nests).
- Rooster should be enabled. I will solve in the next version. Although chickens can turn to roosters (50% of chance).

daret
GitHub: daretmavi
In-game: Daretmavi

Re: [Mod] Petz [v19.6] [petz]

by daret » Post

Thanks for answer.

runs

by runs » Post

v19.7
- Fix: Male calfs could be milked and not female as it was intended in a previous fix, LOL.
- Added more support to some food for the ng_hunger mod.
- Jackolantern farming compat
Last edited by runs on Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:06, edited 1 time in total.

davidthecreator
GitHub: daviddoesminetest
In-game: DavidDoesMinetest

by davidthecreator » Post

runs wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 09:59
Male calfs could be milked and not female
<Spits out milk>

hol' up...

daret

by daret » Post

runs wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 09:59
v19.7
- Fix: Male calfs could be milked and not female as it was intended in a previous fix, LOL.
- Added more support to some food for the ng_hunger mod.
- Jackolantern farming compat
Super :)

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v19.7] [petz]

by runs » Post

v20

Now Petz only works on 5.4

- Minetest versions 5.3 and below support dropped. The motive is to not mantain legacy code and version checks that could cause problems and because there is not motive to not update.
- New setting: "tag_background" (by default to false) for a transparent nametag background as prior.

blocker

Re: [Mod] Petz [v20] [petz]

by blocker » Post

I love this Mod.
Too bad, my server, Raspberry Pi4 with Rasbian/Debian, will probably not get an update to Minetest 5.4 as soon as possible. I am not a professional to compile it myself. Then I have to wait till there is a Debian update available

daret

by daret » Post

blocker wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:35
Too bad, my server, Raspberry Pi4 with Rasbian/Debian, will probably not get an update to Minetest 5.4 as soon as possible. I am not a professional to compile it myself. Then I have to wait till there is a Debian update available
Try to install it from snap
https://snapcraft.io/docs/installing-snap-on-raspbian

blocker

by blocker » Post

I don't want Snap on my Pi.

runs

by runs » Post

v20.1
- Readded support for Minetest 5.3.

runs

by runs » Post

blocker wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:35
I love this Mod.
- Fixed.

blocker

Re: [Mod] Petz [v20.1] [petz]

by blocker » Post

Thanks a lot runs. It works.

atorian37
IRC: atorian37

by atorian37 » Post

Hi everybody, I just came to mobkit and petz on my test server.

Actually, I am interrested in water mobs (dolphins und fishes etc.), but they do spawn very rarely, even land animals are rare. Do I have to set something else for more mobs? On what is it dependign on?

Thanks for help...

runs

by runs » Post

atorian37 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 09:47

Actually, I am interrested in water mobs (dolphins und fishes etc.), but they do spawn very rarely, even land animals are rare. Do I have to set something else for more mobs? On what is it dependign on?

Thanks for help...
Yes, it is intended. Mobs appear but slowly. This is cool for a paced game but obviously not for a adventure game. To increase the ratio create a user.conf file (in the same directory of petz.conf) and put the following line:

spawn_interval = 5

The spawn ratio will be increased x6.

atorian37

by atorian37 » Post

runs wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 20:15
atorian37 wrote:

Thanks for help...
Yes, it is intended. Mobs appear but slowly. This is cool for a paced game but obviously not for a adventure game. To increase the ratio create a user.conf file (in the same directory of petz.conf) and put the following line:

spawn_interval = 5

Thanks, I tried this, but I still can see approx. 4-5 small fishes and 1 or 2 dolphines around me. If possible, I would like to have 4-8 dolphins in water when I am at the beach or near water. Can this be increased too, only more dolphins?

runs

by runs » Post

atorian37 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 09:23
runs wrote:
atorian37 wrote:

Thanks for help...

spawn_interval = 5

Thanks, I tried this, but I still can see approx. 4-5 small fishes and 1 or 2 dolphines around me. If possible, I would like to have 4-8 dolphins in water when I am at the beach or near water. Can this be increased too, only more dolphins?

No, at least you are near water a lot of time. The spawn close to a water area is shared with the terrestrial one. And futhermore the spawn is spaced along the time.

If you build a house in a lake coast you will see a lot of dolphins.

Anyway you can get more dolphins reducing the spawn ratio for other fishes (default 1.0) in 'user.conf':

tropicalfish_spawn_chance = 0.2
clownfish_spawn_chance = 0.2

runs

by runs » Post

atorian37 wrote:
runs wrote:
atorian37 wrote:

Thanks for help...

spawn_interval = 5

Oops, I forget that with:

dolphin_spawn_herd = 6

6 dolphins max can be spawned at the same time

atorian37

by atorian37 » Post

runs wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:32
atorian37 wrote:
runs wrote:

spawn_interval = 5

Oops, I forget that with:

dolphin_spawn_herd = 6

6 dolphins max can be spawned at the same time
Thank you very much! That worked for me - I love it!
Thanks for this absolutely great mod for minetest..

atorian37

by atorian37 » Post

Hi runs

Please if you dont mind, another question: is it possible to switch all animals (also mice an wolfes etc) set to friendly, so they do not attack in no way?

runs

by runs » Post

atorian37 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 21:03
Hi runs

Please if you dont mind, another question: is it possible to switch all animals (also mice an wolfes etc) set to friendly, so they do not attack in no way?
No. The behaviour is harcoded.

You have to touch the code.

Search and change the following line in '/petz/rat_mobkit.lua' and '/petz/wolf_mobkit.lua':

Code: Select all

logic = petz.predator_brain,
to

logic = petz.herbivore_brain,

atorian37

by atorian37 » Post

runs wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 01:22
atorian37 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 21:03
Hi runs

No. The behaviour is harcoded.

You have to touch the code.

Search and change the following line in '/petz/rat_mobkit.lua' and '/petz/wolf_mobkit.lua':

logic = petz.predator_brain,
to

logic = petz.herbivore_brain,
Perfect, thank you runs

MetaNomad
In-game: MetaNomad

by MetaNomad » Post

Hello,

Very good mod, I like it !

I have a crash that happens randomly.
I was playing in this singleplayer world with petz enabled without any issue for several hours, building in a "Banana Groove" biome (ethereal), side to a Jungle biome and savannah biome.
But since I'm building something in the "desert" biome, the game crashes randomly, and looks like it comes from the ants spawning (ants lay eggs, or something like that)
ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'petz' in callback luaentity_Step(): Runtime error from mod 'petz' in callback item_OnPlace(): /home/[username]/.minetest/mods/mesetec/teleob.lua:2: attempt to index local 'placer' (a nil
value)
stack traceback:
/home/[username]/.minetest/mods/mesetec/teleob.lua:2: in function 'callback'
/app/share/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:398: in function </app/share/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:258>
[C]: in function 'place_node'
/home/[username]/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/mobkit/bh_ant.lua:55: in function 'bh_lay_antegg'
/home/[username]/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/mobkit/br_ant.lua:72: in function 'logic'
/home/[username]/.minetest/mods/mobkit/init.lua:847: in function 'stepfunc'
...e/[username]/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/petz/ant_mobkit.lua:128: in function 'old_step'
/home/[username]/.minetest/mods/paleotest/api/register.lua:53: in function </home/[username]/.minetest/mods/paleotest/api/register.lua:52>
stack traceback:
/home/[username]/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/mobkit/bh_ant.lua:55: in function 'bh_lay_antegg'
/home/[username]/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/mobkit/br_ant.lua:72: in function 'logic'
...e/[username]/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/petz/ant_mobkit.lua:128: in function 'old_step'
/home/[username]/.minetest/mods/paleotest/api/register.lua:53: in function </home/[username]/.minetest/mods/paleotest/api/register.lua:52>
Not sure why it mentions other mods (paleotest) in the log...
The crash isn't linked on what I'm doing atm, it could happen when I'm just walking, or when I'm just stopped starring the stars

runs

by runs » Post

v20.2

- Fixed: Crash when a ant try to put an egg on a nil pos.

runs

by runs » Post

MetaNomad wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:33
Hello,

Very good mod, I like it !

I have a crash that happens randomly.
I was playing in this singleplayer world with petz enabled without any issue for several hours, building in a "Banana Groove" biome (ethereal), side to a Jungle biome and savannah biome.
But since I'm building something in the "desert" biome, the game crashes randomly, and looks like it comes from the ants spawning (ants lay eggs, or something like that)
ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'petz' in callback luaentity_Step(): Runtime error from mod 'petz' in callback item_OnPlace(): /home/[username]/.minetest/mods/mesetec/teleob.lua:2: attempt to index local 'placer' (a nil
value)
stack traceback:
/home/[username]/.minetest/mods/mesetec/teleob.lua:2: in function 'callback'
/app/share/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:398: in function </app/share/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:258>
stack traceback:
Not sure why it mentions other mods (paleotest) in the log...
The crash isn't linked on what I'm doing atm, it could happen when I'm just walking, or when I'm just stopped starring the stars
Thanks for report. Check the last fixed version.

Anyway you are using a fork version of Petz, because:

/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/petz/ant_mobkit.lua:128: in function 'old_step'

That function does not exist in my code.