Armadillo (Master in the Defense)
38%

Total votes: 29

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v15.11] [petz]

by runs » Post

Bastrabun wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 20:02
Can you make it that when hitting petz with something, toolwear is applied?

Currently they are in the immortal group, while eg mobs_monster are in the fleshy group. Fleshy group monster and players add toolwear properly.

Mobs from water_life show the same behaviour, maybe it is a mobkit thing? I'll ask Gundul the same thing :)

This may relate to the toolwear-issue from mtg:

https://github.com/minetest/minetest_game/issues/2650

https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5844

###

Also, minor thing: When a damaged pet is healed by feeding it, it says "Pony at full health (15)". But when the pony cannot be healed with one wheat, the text seems to be wrong.

Bildschirmfoto_2020-09-19_22-17-37.png
Ask in the mobkit thread. It is a mobkit feature. But I added a RPG touch too. I can't check now sorry, I'm on vacation.

I do not understand the pony/heal... thing. Could you explain it better? :-)
Last edited by runs on Sat Sep 19, 2020 22:57, edited 1 time in total.

runs

by runs » Post

Ignaramico
GitHub: ignaramico

by Ignaramico » Post

i made an "user.conf" file (as suggested in the "petz.conf" file) to use the "_disable_spawn" (just that option) but animals still spawned and i need to put the spawn rate to 0 in the petz.conf file for animals to stop spawning, do i need to copy and rename the petz conf file (and modify it) to work or i need to copy all the setting for in the new file to work

runs

by runs » Post

Ignaramico wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 20:50
i made an "user.conf" file (as suggested in the "petz.conf" file) to use the "_disable_spawn" (just that option) but animals still spawned and i need to put the spawn rate to 0 in the petz.conf file for animals to stop spawning, do i need to copy and rename the petz conf file (and modify it) to work or i need to copy all the setting for in the new file to work
You are right, that "_disable_spawn" are not in the petz.conf indeed. I have to fix it.

runs

by runs » Post

v15.12

- "_disable_spawn" settings work again :-)
- Moths now do not die at day cos it had not logic (they are not monsters). And the silk is cool.

MommyMiner

Re: [Mod] Petz [v15.12] [petz]

by MommyMiner » Post

Hi there - Thanks for letting us know about your PETZ mod.
Can't seem to get it to work via Minetest 5.3.0.
Do you have a walkthrough video to make sure we have all we need to ensure it works as you intended?
We also use Mineclone2 on Ubuntu.
We don't understand what the dependencies are or how to use them - complete computer i̶d̶i̶o̶t̶s̶ noobs. :)
mod "mokapi" has unsatisfied dependencies: "mobkit"
mod "petz" has unsatisfied dependencies "wool" "vessels" "mokapi" "default" "farming" "stairs" "tnt" "mobkit" "dye"
... Any advice is useful, thanks.

runs

by runs » Post

MommyMiner wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 13:31
Hi there - Thanks for letting us know about your PETZ mod.
Can't seem to get it to work via Minetest 5.3.0.
Do you have a walkthrough video to make sure we have all we need to ensure it works as you intended?
We also use Mineclone2 on Ubuntu.
We don't understand what the dependencies are or how to use them - complete computer i̶d̶i̶o̶t̶s̶ noobs. :)
mod "mokapi" has unsatisfied dependencies: "mobkit"
mod "petz" has unsatisfied dependencies "wool" "vessels" "mokapi" "default" "farming" "stairs" "tnt" "mobkit" "dye"
... Any advice is useful, thanks.
Petz is not compatible with Mineclone. Mineclone is a clone of Minecraft with the same equivalent mobs, so Petz is not necessary indeed.

runs

by runs » Post

org.cosoc wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 02:18
Hi!For Chinese players to better integrate into the community! I moved the post to my Chinese Forum and noted the address of the post. https://minetest.cosoc.cn/t/mod-petz-v13-20-petz/92
Welcome!
Could anyone translate it?

runs

by runs » Post

v16

The Antz are here!

The first real living animal of Minetest. They will be a community, they will born, grow and die in a life cycle.

- 3 types of ants:
-- Queen: It's the one that founds ant colonies. It doesn't get along with other queens, they will start fighting each other to death. It drops some parts of its body. She is the only "inmortal" ant. Dark yelllow color and slighty bigger than workers.
-- Worker: The poor ant that doesn't stop working. Sometimes they come out of the anthill. Dark red color.
-- Warrior: Defends the anthill. You will differentiate them by their powerful mandibles. When you approach the entrance of an anthill they will appear and they will attack you. Tip: Destroy the entrance to the anthill or cover it up to avoid being attacked. Dark blue color and slighty bigger than workers.

- Anthills
Subway structures created by a queen ant. They contain eggs and packages of grains. Normally, ants will establish their colonies near the coast, near water, and move away from mountains and frozen soils. They like all kinds of arable land, and even the desert. Anthills will tend to maintain a stable ant population.

- Grain packages
They contain seeds. They may also contain some food, mineral lumps and even diamonds (very rare, of course). A reason to loot anthills!

- Ants' eggs
New ants come out of them, mostly workers, some warriors and very rarely queens.

- Ant Helmet
A helmet made of queen ant heads (3d_armor required). A reason to loot anthills!

- Create your own anthill
-- Get a queen ant.
-- Create your anthill with ant-bed blocks (get or craft them).
-- Use glass walls to see your ants interact.
-- Queens lay their eggs on the ant-bed.
-- If a new queen is born, the ascent to the throne will begin. Only one can survive!
-- Important: In its natural habitat, the queen ant will produce more eggs at the beginning of the foundation of the colony, in order to stabilize the total population. To achieve this, you will have to feed the queen wheat seeds at first, so she will produce more eggs. Keep in mind that if you do this always, the ant colony will grow without limits. Don't worry, at the moment that you stop feeding the queen ant, the colony will stabilize again in a natural way.

- Petz.conf
Set the cycle of life of the ants with two new settings: "lay_antegg_timing", "ant_population". With only this two settings the colony will stabilize.
Attachments
worker_ant.png
worker_ant.png (23.14 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
antz_items.png
antz_items.png (21.97 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
antz_logo.png
antz_logo.png (287.36 KiB) Viewed 1069 times

Ignaramico

Re: [Mod] Petz [v16] [petz]

by Ignaramico » Post

for some reason,i cant seem to be able to stop spawning using the "_disable_spawn" in the petz/user conf file (the default ones, like the bee and the ants work correctly) but anyone that i add, still spawn

runs

by runs » Post

Ignaramico wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 18:29
for some reason,i cant seem to be able to stop spawning using the "_disable_spawn" in the petz/user conf file (the default ones, like the bee and the ants work correctly) but anyone that i add, still spawn
I will solve

runs

by runs » Post

v16.1

- Fix: _disable_spawn settings did not work.

Ignaramico

Re: [Mod] Petz [v16.1] [petz]

by Ignaramico » Post

mmm, weird, it still spawn mobs, i tried both a list with the disable_spawn and putting the spawn rate to 0 (separately and then at the same time), and they still spawn (i only wanted the farm animals to spawn). idk if it helps im using the minetest extended game but before i updated (using the version 15.x) it worked if i set the spawn rate to 0

runs

by runs » Post

v16.2

- Fix: _disable_spawn settings did not work.

runs

by runs » Post

Ignaramico wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 00:56
mmm, weird, it still spawn mobs, i tried both a list with the disable_spawn and putting the spawn rate to 0 (separately and then at the same time), and they still spawn (i only wanted the farm animals to spawn). idk if it helps im using the minetest extended game but before i updated (using the version 15.x) it worked if i set the spawn rate to 0
I check it and you are right, I mess with get_bool and true/false/nil/default.

Check the last version and then tell me, please and thanks.

Ignaramico

Re: [Mod] Petz [v16.2] [petz]

by Ignaramico » Post

Well so far so good, i tried in a default world and it only spawned farm animals as intended (using the "_disable_spawn" in an user.conf file for the target mobs) im playing now in a world with the ethereal mod installed but i havent seen any of the petz mobs on those kind of ground just in the default dirt

runs

by runs » Post

v16.3

- Kennel placement search for an area of protected nodes.
- You can disable the kennel placement with a new setting: "disable_kennel"
- Replaced the "lay_egg_chance" to "lay_egg_timing" setting for the ratio of the chicken/ducks laying eggs. Now it is intended to be a time of seconds value (with a random offset). By default set to 1200 (one egg by day).

runs

by runs » Post

Ignaramico wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 02:22
Well so far so good, i tried in a default world and it only spawned farm animals as intended (using the "_disable_spawn" in an user.conf file for the target mobs) im playing now in a world with the ethereal mod installed but i havent seen any of the petz mobs on those kind of ground just in the default dirt
For other biomes than default MTG you have to set the ground (nodes) to spawn on.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v16.3] [petz]

by runs » Post

v17

Dad Rooster, Mom Hen and Little Chick.

- Farm Animals.
- Only hens spawn naturally and can lay eggs. A chick will hatch. Chicks when grow can be turned into Hens or Roosters.
- They drop Raw Chicken to cook it as food.
- Get Chicken Legs with Raw Chichen.
- Put a lot of Roasted Chicken Legs into a bucket, to get a super-delicious bucket of Chicken Legs.

- New setting: "hatch_egg_timing"

WARNING: ALL OLD CHICKENS WILL BE TURNED IN STERILE CHICKS (NO GROW). SO YOU HAVE TO GET SOME NEW HENS TO START YOUR CHICKEN FARM PRODUCTION.
Attachments
Cocky Family.png
Cocky Family.png (927.03 KiB) Viewed 1069 times

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

runs wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 19:05
v17

- Farm Animals.
- Only hens spawn naturally and can lay eggs. A chick will hatch. Chicks when grow can be turned into Hens or Roosters.
- Put a lot of Roasted Chicken Legs into a bucket, to get a super-delicious bucket of Chicken Legs.

WARNING: ALL OLD CHICKENS WILL BE TURNED IN STERILE CHICKS (NO GROW). SO YOU HAVE TO GET SOME NEW HENS TO START YOUR CHICKEN FARM PRODUCTION.
Hi,
thanks also from my children ....
you are the best!

Bye

runs

by runs » Post

Last edited by runs on Mon Nov 30, 2020 21:07, edited 1 time in total.

runs

by runs » Post

Codesound wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:34
runs wrote:
v17

- Farm Animals.

Hi,
thanks also from my children ....
you are the best!

Bye
Cool, Petz are to and for kids. Query your children for the next Petz, that they choose one, any they want. I will do it. 😀

u18398

by u18398 » Post

runs wrote:

Nice, sweet models. Looks like fun :)
Do roosters welcome the day when the sun is rising early morning ?
Attachments
rooster.ogg.gz
Good morning
(29.42 KiB) Downloaded 55 times

runs

by runs » Post

Gundul wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 17:36
runs wrote:

Nice, sweet models. Looks like fun :)
Do roosters welcome the day when the sun is rising early morning ?
No, but you read my mind. Initially that was my purpose, the rooster crowing in the first hour of the morning. But I had to tweak the sound petz engine to allow special sounds. I had no time and I prefer to release it.

Currently the rooster crowing all the time.

In my to-do list:

- Rooster crows at dawn.
- Chicks follow their parents. [Done]
- Roosters attack other congeners (only one cock in the henhouse). [Done]
Last edited by runs on Mon Nov 30, 2020 22:03, edited 2 times in total.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v17] [petz]

by runs » Post

v17.1

- Now chicks try to get close their parents (hens and roosters). This feature can be disabled with the "parent_search" setting.
- Now roosters attack other roosters. Cockfightings!!!