by runs » Post

z18
falmingo.png
falmingo.png (135.95 KiB) Viewed 5063 times
- New petz: Flamingo

ZAAo

Re: [Mod] Petz [z18] [petz]

by ZAAo » Post

Nice! I just want to say that I've also seen a Petz dolphin flying occasionally... it is really funny :)

runs

by runs » Post

z19

Fix: Avoid flying dolphins.

runs

by runs » Post

ZAAo wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 15:09
Nice! I just want to say that I've also seen a Petz dolphin flying occasionally... it is really funny :)
Just now I've made a fix for dolphins. When I worked on Flamingos I could see that potencially issue.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [z19] [petz]

by runs » Post

z19.1

-Fix: Flamingos don't naturally spawn.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [z19.1] [petz]

by runs » Post

Thanks to Petz (and appgurueu) Minetest is improved.

This time, for version 5.7, entities will be able to rotate their selection boxes.

https://github.com/minetest/minetest/pull/12379

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [z19.1] [petz]

by runs » Post

z20

- Fix: Petz properties not loaded randomly when a game restarts (not able to rightclick on a petz on your own), probably caused by a Minetest PR.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [z20] [petz]

by runs » Post

z21

- Model of Kitty improved.
- Fix: Regression in the last update, no skin variation when a petz spawned thru an egg.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [z21] [petz]

by runs » Post

z22

- Fix: No sounds at all.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [z22] [petz]

by runs » Post

z23

- Fix: Regression crash when petz sleeping.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [z23] [petz]

by runs » Post

z24

- Fix: Fishes die on flowing water.

mtvisitor
IRC: mtvisitor
In-game: mtvisitor

Re: [Mod] Petz [z24] [petz]

by mtvisitor » Post

How many pets have been added to this mod ?

Is this mod too heavy to add some new pets ? ;-P

Thank you very much for your comments.
Crane Zhou | My mt. world, my mt. dream | No money, no happy.

runs

by runs » Post

gecko.png
gecko.png (47.04 KiB) Viewed 4798 times
z25

- Added Geckos.
-- Geckos are cute lizards.
-- Available in 4 colors following the Mendel's genetic rules. The blue one the rarest.
-- Breedable thru eggs. They lay their eggs dirrectly on the ground.
geckomania.png
geckomania.png (470.95 KiB) Viewed 4800 times

runs

by runs » Post

mtvisitor wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 14:26
How many pets have been added to this mod ?

Is this mod too heavy to add some new pets ? ;-P

Thank you very much for your comments.
Look at the first page for all the petz.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [z25] [petz]

by runs » Post

Vote for the next Petz. With new exciting mechanics!

Deer (Prince Of The Forest)

The deer family: mom, dad and little bambi. You can cut off his head, and put it as an ornament above the fireplace. You'll leave Bambi orphaned?

Vulture (King of the Death)

When an animal dies a bunch of vultures will appear to take care of the carrion. They will be able to fly and eat. Don't go near it, it is very aggressive with his food. It will gouge your eyes out. A creepy tameable bird.

Armadillo (Master in the Defense)

Shy animal. It will curl into a ball when someone approaches it, it will have to be killed from a distance or with many blows. Unless you own him, it'll love you a lot.
Last edited by runs on Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:37, edited 1 time in total.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [z25] [petz]

by runs » Post

z26

- Pluck Mechanic
-- Birds can be plucked with the shears. They will drop a feather. If so, they will not be able to fly. To make them fly again, put the feather back on them (right-click). This is useful for example for flamingos, if you do not want them to escape from the garden.

- Fix: Dolphins now have less probabilities to be stuck on the coast.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [z26] [petz]

by runs » Post

z27

- Fix a regression in the last update: Crash

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [z27] [petz]

by runs » Post

z28

- Added a fallback Net item. In case "fireflies" or "mobs_redo" not installed.

Slightly
In-game: Slightly

Re: [Mod] Petz [z28] [petz]

by Slightly » Post

Hi runs, good to see all the fixes and new content lately.

For my own use and learning, I have a heavily customized version of Petz - nothing personal, customizing is how I play :) - so I've spent a lot of time looking at your code and learning from it. For the most part, it is one of the easier mods to work with and learn from so huge thank you for that!

Two questions:

First, one of my changes has been to add new and additional textures for some animals. In some cases, this is simple, just add additional textures in the choices in the animal's _mobkit.lua so additional textures gives me six possible puppies, two piggies, three chimps, etc. But in some petz, you use skin colors and I am too inexperienced to work out why. Does it have to do with breeding? What is the advantage to using skin colors as well as textures?

Second, are we sure the beaver dam functions? I have tried everything I can think of and can't get it to work. The way I understand it you have br_semiaquatic calls to the petz.create_dam in api_dam_beaver, then checks to see if a beaver already made a dam and has a 1/60000 chance of going on to check position where it looks for a default:sand node? Is that correct? Even if I change numbers to give a 100% chance, I see no dam building. I wonder about the sand node because if beavers are in rivers (as in the Valley mapgen) as you have them spawning on river water, those rivers are built on default:stone, not sand, at least in my worlds, and the only other place you have beavers spawn is default:dirt_with_grass which usually means we find them high and dry on a hillside somewhere when using V7 (also no sand and no water). But attempting to change the default:sand also did not work, so... can you tell me what I'm missing or is there a problem I just don't understand?

Thanks again for all your work!

runs

by runs » Post

Slightly wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 17:14
Hi runs, good to see all the fixes and new content lately.

For my own use and learning, I have a heavily customized version of Petz - nothing personal, customizing is how I play :) - so I've spent a lot of time looking at your code and learning from it. For the most part, it is one of the easier mods to work with and learn from so huge thank you for that!

Two questions:

First, one of my changes has been to add new and additional textures for some animals. In some cases, this is simple, just add additional textures in the choices in the animal's _mobkit.lua so additional textures gives me six possible puppies, two piggies, three chimps, etc. But in some petz, you use skin colors and I am too inexperienced to work out why. Does it have to do with breeding? What is the advantage to using skin colors as well as textures?

Second, are we sure the beaver dam functions? I have tried everything I can think of and can't get it to work. The way I understand it you have br_semiaquatic calls to the petz.create_dam in api_dam_beaver, then checks to see if a beaver already made a dam and has a 1/60000 chance of going on to check position where it looks for a default:sand node? Is that correct? Even if I change numbers to give a 100% chance, I see no dam building. I wonder about the sand node because if beavers are in rivers (as in the Valley mapgen) as you have them spawning on river water, those rivers are built on default:stone, not sand, at least in my worlds, and the only other place you have beavers spawn is default:dirt_with_grass which usually means we find them high and dry on a hillside somewhere when using V7 (also no sand and no water). But attempting to change the default:sand also did not work, so... can you tell me what I'm missing or is there a problem I just don't understand?

Thanks again for all your work!
First: Yes, skin_colors is for breedable animals only, regular textures for the rest. I had to use it cos mobkit had hardcoded texture selection. This was solved when I forked mobkit to kitz. So, in resume, no advantage, it is the same thing.

Now I am going to use just skin_colors for all the new petz and converting gradually the old ones. How? I have implemented a new "petz.register" funcion (in api_register.lua) to easily create new mobs.

Check flamingo_mobkit.lua, gecko_mobkit.lua and parrot_mobkit.lua. This tree petz now use that function. And it is used just skin_colors both for breedable and not breedable.

Second: Yes, I have to rework on beavers, the chance of creating a damm is very rare and unacurate. I will fix it.

Slightly
In-game: Slightly

by Slightly » Post

Ok, thank you very much for the info! I will look at it more closely and figure out the register function as well.

I look forward to beaver dams. I checked out the mts. It's very cute and will look great randomly showing up in the world.

runs

by runs » Post

z28.1

- Fix: Follow property in petz.register function

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [z28.1] [petz]

by runs » Post

z29

- Fix: Avoid crash if a petz cannot be created by hand.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [z29] [petz]

by runs » Post

chimps.png
chimps.png (263.74 KiB) Viewed 4522 times
A Petz user give the idea of improve chimps.
- New textures.
- It will be breedable.
- Mutation: Albine chimp.
- The werky animations will be fixed. New animations.
- Could be put it a bird stand.
- Cages! Probably chimps, parrots and squirels could be caged. It is a bit sad but the real life is as.