31%
Armadillo (Master in the Defense)
38%

Total votes: 29

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v21.1] [petz]

by runs » Post

v22.2

- Added the 'remove_list' setting (empty by default). It is a list to remove the defined entities separated by commas. Also it prevents to spawn new ones.
I.e. if you want remove pigs and ponies, create a new line in the 'user.conf' file:

Code: Select all

remove_list = piggy,pony
--Note that before this version, removing a pet from the 'petz_list' did NOT remove already existing entities in the world (they appeared as ugly unknow pink entities).
--Note that this new "remove_list" setting overrides the 'petz_list' in the coincidencies.
--So if you want to remove existing petz definitively, you could remove them from the petz_list (optional), AND PLUS YOU HAVE TO ADD THEM TO THE REMOVE_LIST.
--You should keep this list for quite some time, since there could be entities that are not loaded (they could be dormant in unloaded areas), and it is at that precise moment when they emerged and are eliminated.

Anyway to avoid unwanted petz, the best practice is select carefully your list of pets before the start up of your game or server.

Also this is useful to retire a type of petz crashing your server.
Last edited by runs on Tue Jun 14, 2022 08:03, edited 2 times in total.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v21.2] [petz]

by runs » Post

v21.3

- Added 'max_per_species' setting (10 by default). This setting checks for petz of the same species before spawn. This limits the spawing of petz of the same type. It is useful particulary, for example, for dolphins, that spread too much in enclosed water, like lakes.
- Now the "max_mobs" setting for spawn applies only to petz entities, not to all kind of entities as before.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v21.3] [petz]

by runs » Post

v22

- UPDATED TO MINETEST v5.4 DOES NOT WORK IN PREVIOUS VERSIONS

This is necessary because v5.4 show warning of deprecated things.

- Fix: "Field "use_texture_alpha": Boolean values are deprecated; use the new choices"

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v22] [petz]

by runs » Post

v22.1

- Fix and refactor: Removing a saddlebag from a camel loses the bag's contents.
- Fix: Poni wagon drops item on every punch [thanks to loveaabb]

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v22.1] [petz]

by runs » Post

v22.2

- Fix: Declare some variables as local where globals are not needed (thanks to AntunMT).

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v22.2] [petz]

by runs » Post

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v22.2] [petz]

by runs » Post

v22.3

- Changed the textures for Christmas Present.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v22.3] [petz]

by runs » Post

As I created my official Matrix Juanchi channel I put it here. Because I spend more time on my channel than here.

Juanchi official Chat [Matrix]

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v22.3] [petz]

by runs » Post

Fix: The stack not decremented results in infinite wagon duplication. [patch by mazes-80]

ZAAo

Re: [Mod] Petz [v22.4] [petz]

by ZAAo » Post

I have a suggestion/request.

Is it possible to make tamed pets immune to damage and death when the server has damage turned off?

I just had another encounter with a griefer on Wishful Springtime server, where this "Player744" (there seem to be loads of anonymous "Player" players on this server and none of them ever chat/reply to messages)... person(or is it a bot?) killed ALL of my tamed pets. Could an option be added to prevent this (killing pets on a "peaceful" no damage server)? Especially when the pets are within your protected area.

Edit: Also, is it possible for pets set to guard mode to "attack" players who are not part of the protection list, and to "bounce" the player a few blocks backwards from that node (since they can not actually kill a player if the server has damage disabled)? At least this will make it less fun for griefers to pester peaceful players and their pets, if they receive a knockback which prevents them from performing further actions, until they retreat? This will be very useful to fight off griefers... just set the dogs/leopards/lions/... on them!

runs

by runs » Post

ZAAo wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:56

Is it possible to make tamed pets immune to damage and death when the server has damage turned off?

I just had another encounter with a griefer on Wishful Springtime server, where this "Player744" (there seem to be loads of anonymous "Player" players on this server and none of them ever chat/reply to messages)... person(or is it a bot?) killed ALL of my tamed pets. Could an option be added to prevent this (killing pets on a "peaceful" no damage server)? Especially when the pets are within your protected area.

Edit: Also, is it possible for pets set to guard mode to "attack" players who are not part of the protection list, and to "bounce" the player a few blocks backwards from that node (since they can not actually kill a player if the server has damage disabled)? At least this will make it less fun for griefers to pester peaceful players and their pets, if they receive a knockback which prevents them from performing further actions, until they retreat? This will be very useful to fight off griefers... just set the dogs/leopards/lions/... on them!
>>killing pets on a "peaceful" no damage server
It is a good idea I will implement as an option.

Currently you can protect each petz with the "Dreamcatcher". Make them unbeatable.

I will add an option to not kill petz in protected areas too.

ZAAo

by ZAAo » Post

Thank you!

I have no idea how to use the "Dreamcatcher" to protect my pets, but will try it out. I never noticed it until you mentioned it and then I went to search for it just now LOL.

What do you think about the idea of giving tame pets in guard mode a knockback ability, to repel unknown players (e.g. players not in the protection list)?

runs wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:11
ZAAo wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:56

>>killing pets on a "peaceful" no damage server
It is a good idea I will implement as an option.

Currently you can protect each petz with the "Dreamcatcher". Make them unbeatable.

I will add an option to not kill petz in protected areas too.

runs

by runs » Post

>>I have no idea how to use the "Dreamcatcher" to protect my pets, but will try it out. I never noticed it until you mentioned it and then I went to search for it just now LOL.

- Right-click on the petz with a wielded dreamcatcher to put on it. The pètz will be inmortal.
- To remove the Dreamcatcher, right click on the petz and click on the "Dreamctacher" icon.

>>What do you think about the idea of giving tame pets in guard mode a knockback ability, to repel unknown players (e.g. players not in the protection list)?

I do not know what is "protection list".

ZAAo

by ZAAo » Post

Thanks, I can now use the dreamcatcher.

Protection list: I mean all players whose player names have been added to the protection for that area. In the protection block/logo or areas protection.

BTW I am a teacher and I have started to use Minetest (very successfully) for teaching/learning with some of my elementary students (mostly 8-9 yo). Your Petz mod has been very popular with them, so thank you so much for your hard work on it! :)
runs wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:55
>>I have no idea how to use the "Dreamcatcher" to protect my pets, but will try it out. I never noticed it until you mentioned it and then I went to search for it just now LOL.

- Right-click on the petz with a wielded dreamcatcher to put on it. The pètz will be inmortal.
- To remove the Dreamcatcher, right click on the petz and click on the "Dreamctacher" icon.

>>What do you think about the idea of giving tame pets in guard mode a knockback ability, to repel unknown players (e.g. players not in the protection list)?

I do not know what is "protection list".

ZAAo

by ZAAo » Post

I noticed something funny... the elephant in Petz is not the most intelligent animal LOL... it got onto an acacia bush and now it cannot come down from it! I guess I will have to break the bush to "rescue" it :D

I attach a screenshot of the silly elephant in the bush (at least it is not on top of a tree!! Yet...)

In the lower left corner you can also see the Areas indicating 4 players with "permissions" in this area. That is what I meant about tame pets in a protected area and doing knockback ("attack") on "strangers".
screenshot_20210826_195252 elephant on bush.jpg
screenshot_20210826_195252 elephant on bush.jpg (216.47 KiB) Viewed 3524 times
screenshot_20210826_190854 elephant on top of bush.jpg
screenshot_20210826_190854 elephant on top of bush.jpg (320.12 KiB) Viewed 3524 times

runs

by runs » Post

v22.5

2 new settings to avoid petz damage according to the 'enable_damage' game setting and if the petz is in a protected area.

Code: Select all

#If this setting is 'true', checks the "enable_damage" setting of the game
#and if 'enable_damage=false', disables the damage for pets too.
check_enable_damage = false
#Petz are not damaged in protected areas
no_damage_in_protected = false

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v22.5] [petz]

by runs » Post

If you use Petz and love Petz, I'm sure you do, please leave a comment for it on ContentDB. By doing so you will contribute to a much better Petz.

Petz in ContentDB

runs

by runs » Post

Watch this Amazing Video:

Attachments
video.png
video.png (478.85 KiB) Viewed 3490 times

runs

by runs » Post

v22.6

- Fix: Baby calfs now cannot be milked.
- Fix: Calfs were fed twice when they were fed by hand.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v22.6] [petz]

by runs » Post

v22.7

- Now only owners can get seed from their ponies. Added a 'seed_only_owners' setting, true by default.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v22.7] [petz]

by runs » Post

v22.8

- Fix: Cant take egg from nest if player wields hand or stack of the same egg.
- Improved the calf textures and added a new one.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v22.8] [petz]

by runs » Post

v22.9

- Fix: 3 "use_texture_alpha" warnings.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v22.9] [petz]

by runs » Post

v22.11

- Fix: No-born babies are "abortions" for rare cases that minetest.add_entity returns nil.
- Fix: You cannot unmount your petz if the petz is bought by another player. LOL.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v22.11] [petz]

by runs » Post

v22.12

- Fix: Unmount any player -not only the seller- when a purchase done.

FrostTheLionCat

Re: [Mod] Petz [v22.12] [petz]

by FrostTheLionCat » Post

Two problems:
1. When i command my pet to follow me, It plays the walking animation, but doesn't move
And when i spawn a mob like a Lion, it just stares at one direction, or will just look around
2. I know this has been talked about, and might have been fixed, but there's no petz naturally spawning in my world
I really love the designs of the Petz though
cdb_55e935e0b607