[mod] PaleoTest [2.1.2] [paleotest]

Irremann
GitHub: Irremann

Re: [mod] PaleoTest [2.1.1] [paleotest]

by Irremann » Post

If someone wants only one mammoth, then I have it. I wrote this for my server.
https://github.com/Irremann/mobs_mammoth

lea_argon
In-game: lea_argon

by lea_argon » Post

I recently downloaded your mod, and loaded it into a singleplayer world. It worked just fine for a while, but then it crashed and I got this error message:

Code: Select all

AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod '??' in callback luaentity_Step(): ...s\minetest-5.3.0-win64\bin\..\mods\paleotest/feeders.lua:108: bad argument #2 to 'get_stack' (number expected, got no value)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'get_stack'
	...s\minetest-5.3.0-win64\bin\..\mods\paleotest/feeders.lua:108: in function 'on_feed'
	...minetest-5.3.0-win64\bin\..\mods\paleotest/api/hq_lq.lua:170: in function 'eat_from_feeder'
	...minetest-5.3.0-win64\bin\..\mods\paleotest/api/hq_lq.lua:215: in function 'func'
	...d Games\minetest-5.3.0-win64\bin\..\mods\mobkit\init.lua:725: in function 'execute_queues'
	...d Games\minetest-5.3.0-win64\bin\..\mods\mobkit\init.lua:941: in function 'stepfunc'
	...s\minetest-5.3.0-win64\bin\..\mods\paleotest/api/api.lua:88: in function 'old_step'
	...etest-5.3.0-win64\bin\..\mods\paleotest/api/register.lua:53: in function <...etest-5.3.0-win64\bin\..\mods\paleotest/api/register.lua:52>
This crash has happened several times. My minetest version is 5.3 stable, and the dinosaur eating from the feeder is a stegosaurus.

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

Hi.....
Sorry for my stupid question....

where is the mob_core mod?

Thanks

EDIT:

I answer myself: GOOGLE/mob_core/contrntDB/download....

Thanks anyway
Last edited by Codesound on Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:54, edited 1 time in total.

SFENCE
GitHub: SFENCE
In-game: SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

Hi.

In the actual version of paloetest on git, there is a bug in cooking recipes for meat.
Spoiler
There is:

minetest.register_craft({
	type = "cooking",
	output = "paleotest:dinosaur_meat_raw",
	recipe = "paleotest:dinosaur_meat_cooked",
	cooktime = 5
})
Should be:

minetest.register_craft({
	type = "cooking",
	output = "paleotest:dinosaur_meat_cooked",
	recipe = "paleotest:dinosaur_meat_raw",
	cooktime = 5
})
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

TommyTreasure
IRC: TommyTreasure
In-game: TommyTreasure

by TommyTreasure » Post

Just a note of disappointment.

After installing the latest version, I'm saddened that there are now new dependencies that I don't want, and wont install on my server. It also means that I have to disable most of the best parts of paleotest, in order to have a world of biomes that are not filled with unknown nodes.

ElCeejo
GitHub: ElCeejo
In-game: ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

PaleoTest is made for Minetest Game. Unless you're using a heavily modified version it should work without issue. What dependencies are causing problems?

TommyTreasure
IRC: TommyTreasure
In-game: TommyTreasure

by TommyTreasure » Post

It's not a matter of "should work". All my other mobs are mobs_redo compliant. I won't add mobkit nor mob_core.

Sorry, but I'll revert back to the old version, and work out my crash issues in that version.

MeseCraft
GitHub: MeseCraft

by MeseCraft » Post

Yeah I assumed he meant mobs_redo.

I see more adoption of mobkit, but I don't really understand it or know if it is worth replacing all the work sunk into mobs_redo stuff I have. I'm in the same boat. I have a copy of paleotest that supported mobs_redo and was a bit disappointed to see this mod and draconis move to the new one. But its your project so I didn't want to comment. I'm curious to see what the purpose of the change-over is. mobs_redo and mobkit can probably run side by side though too right?
🌎 Website | ⛏️ MeseCraft Game | 📰 News | 🖌️ ContentDB

ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

Mobkit works alongside mobs_redo without issue, it's been done and is still being done on many servers. Besides that, mobs_redo is incredibly limiting for developers. New behaviors like eating from feeders, proper land to water and water to land movement, pounce attacks, and many others would not be possible had I stuck with it. Even disregarding the benefits on the behavioral side, mobkit causes less lag than mobs_redo. There's really no point in staying on mobs_redo aside from an odd affection for slow, copy and paste mobs.

tihoho

by tihoho » Post

Hey all!

Why i get error when I try a place egg on ground?

(this error triggered also on draconis mod)

I noticed that the error occurs when the dinosaur or its egg touches something. if the egg or dinosaur is not touched, then everything is fine.

ElCeejo

Update Mob Core

by ElCeejo » Post

A couple of nasty crashes have been occurring on PaleoTest at the fault of Mob Core. I just made an update that fixes these crashes. Update Mob Core as soon as possible to stop these crashes from occurring on your servers.

BrandNewPlayer

by BrandNewPlayer » Post

I'm on Android and using the paleotest mod last version (depends of: stairs, walls, mob_core and mobkit). Why is my brachiosaurus white? When I use the brachiosaurus spawning egg, it sometimes happens. The egg can summon a female, male or child brachiosaurus, but some of them come entirely white, like this:

DiSliKra

by DiSliKra » Post

Hi, I love your mod !
But It crashes Minetest. I have this message :

ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod '??' in callback luaentity_Step(): ...pplication Support/minetest/mods/paleotest/api/hq_lq.lua:408: attempt to perform arithmetic on upvalue 'duration' (a nil value)
ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
ERROR[Main]: 	...pplication Support/minetest/mods/paleotest/api/hq_lq.lua:408: in function 'func'
ERROR[Main]: 	...ibrary/Application Support/minetest/mods/mobkit/init.lua:621: in function 'execute_queues'
ERROR[Main]: 	...ibrary/Application Support/minetest/mods/mobkit/init.lua:848: in function 'stepfunc'
ERROR[Main]: 	.../Application Support/minetest/mods/paleotest/api/api.lua:88: in function 'old_step'
ERROR[Main]: 	...ication Support/minetest/mods/paleotest/api/register.lua:53: in function <...ication Support/minetest/mods/paleotest/api/register.lua:52>

Can you help me ? Do you need other informations ? (Minetest 5.3, Mac osX, local server with 3 players)

Thank you !

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

by MisterE » Post

to fix your models' white textures, see:
viewtopic.php?p=390641#p390641

DiSliKra

by DiSliKra » Post

DiSliKra wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 13:52
Hi, I love your mod !
But It crashes Minetest. I have this message :

ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod '??' in callback luaentity_Step(): ...pplication Support/minetest/mods/paleotest/api/hq_lq.lua:408: attempt to perform arithmetic on upvalue 'duration' (a nil value)
ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
ERROR[Main]: 	...pplication Support/minetest/mods/paleotest/api/hq_lq.lua:408: in function 'func'
ERROR[Main]: 	...ibrary/Application Support/minetest/mods/mobkit/init.lua:621: in function 'execute_queues'
ERROR[Main]: 	...ibrary/Application Support/minetest/mods/mobkit/init.lua:848: in function 'stepfunc'
ERROR[Main]: 	.../Application Support/minetest/mods/paleotest/api/api.lua:88: in function 'old_step'
ERROR[Main]: 	...ication Support/minetest/mods/paleotest/api/register.lua:53: in function <...ication Support/minetest/mods/paleotest/api/register.lua:52>

Can you help me ? Do you need other informations ? (Minetest 5.3, Mac osX, local server with 3 players)

Thank you !
small up. No idea ?

ElCeejo

Patch 2.1.2

by ElCeejo » Post

Only small crash fixes, bigger updates are coming soon.

- Fixed crash related to Carnotaurus
- Fixed uncommon crash when feeders resort their inventory.

Hoeppie
GitHub: hoeppie
IRC: hoeppie
In-game: hoeppie

Re: [mod] PaleoTest [2.1.2] [paleotest]

by Hoeppie » Post

Hi,
great Mod. My kid love it!

I am using the latest source from Github (minetest) running on Raspi 4 64 Bit.
paleotest as well from Github.

2021-05-17 18:23:43: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod '??' in callback luaentity_Step(): ...test/.minet                                                      est/mods/paleotest/mobs/brachiosaurus.lua:110: bad argument #2 to 'random' (interval is empty)
2021-05-17 18:23:43: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2021-05-17 18:23:43: ERROR[Main]:       [C]: in function 'random'
2021-05-17 18:23:43: ERROR[Main]:       ...test/.minetest/mods/paleotest/mobs/brachiosaurus.lua:111: in function 'logic'
2021-05-17 18:23:43: ERROR[Main]:       /home/minetest/.minetest/mods/mobkit/init.lua:847: in function 'stepfunc'
2021-05-17 18:23:43: ERROR[Main]:       /home/minetest/.minetest/mods/paleotest/api/api.lua:88: in function 'old_step'
2021-05-17 18:23:43: ERROR[Main]:       ...e/minetest/.minetest/mods/paleotest/api/register.lua:53: in function <...e/minetest/.minetest/mods/paleotest/                                                      api/register.lua:52>
My search said something about LuaJit, but I don't know to fix it. Same happened in triceratops.lua line 107.
In order to keep server running I replaced the second value with 10.

The brachiosaurus texture is black on my system. :(
Cheers Hoeppie

AccidentallyRhine

by AccidentallyRhine » Post

So I might not be smart enough to figure out spawning. I've tried adding wild_spawning = true in both minetest.conf and in settingtypes.txt, but still nothing. How do you enable this?

ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

Wild Spawning was planned to be reimplemented, and was implemented in a dev build that was going to be released back in August, but that build was deleted and Wild Spawning is not in the mod. As of now I have no plans to continue development of this mod aside from crash fixes. This mod was made because I promised a Dinosaur mod back in 2014 (under a different name) and felt I should keep that promise. But now I've lost interest in the topic, and by extension, this project. Of course, I try to be receptive of community feedback and will often seek it out, so if I'm ever convinced the mod deserves a second chance I am open to possibly continuing development.

Lars
Developer
GitHub: lhofhansl

by Lars » Post

I know this is not developed any further...

It turns out that with the latest mob_core, the Paleotest mobs just stand around and do nothing. I traced it back to the last path finder changes, but beyond that it's too much code to slog through.
Perhaps you have an easy fix - knowing the code for both projects - or can point me in the right direction.

I can rollback my mob_core to an earlier version. Then Paleotest mobs works again, but now Draconis and and Animalia mobs are broken.

j0j0n4th4n

by j0j0n4th4n » Post

It turns out that with the latest mob_core, the Paleotest mobs just stand around and do nothing. I traced it back to the last path finder changes, but beyond that it's too much code to slog through.
I am under a similar impression, Animalia also suffer the same problem the mobs barely move from their spot, they turn a lot but don't walk randomly as they should. Flying mobs from paleotest seems unaffected as far as I can tell
cdb_894a100ddd76

Lars
Developer

by Lars » Post

j0j0n4th4n wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 02:44

I am under a similar impression, Animalia also suffer the same problem the mobs barely move from their spot, they turn a lot but don't walk randomly as they should. Flying mobs from paleotest seems unaffected as far as I can tell
Found a partial problem. Method mobkit.turn2yaw was incorrectly overriden. The new method did not return the value the original method returned. Turns out it was just overridden to write a local variable _tyaw, which is not use anywhere. Filed a PR against mob_core.

Most mobs move around again, but there is still some problem with the t-rex at least. It does not attack the player.

freshreplicant
In-game: freshreplicant

by freshreplicant » Post

ElCeejo wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 06:06
But now I've lost interest in the topic, and by extension, this project. Of course, I try to be receptive of community feedback and will often seek it out, so if I'm ever convinced the mod deserves a second chance I am open to possibly continuing development.
What a pity, Paleotest was my favourite mod of yours and pretty much on every world I played on.

Lars
Developer

by Lars » Post

Lars wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 08:30
j0j0n4th4n wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 02:44

Found a partial problem. Method mobkit.turn2yaw was incorrectly overriden. The new method did not return the value the original method returned. Turns out it was just overridden to write a local variable _tyaw, which is not use anywhere. Filed a PR against mob_core.

Most mobs move around again, but there is still some problem with the t-rex at least. It does not attack the player.
Fixed the remaining problem too. Filed another PR against mob_core. With those two applied to mob_core, Paleotest should work again.

blocker

by blocker » Post

@Lars your fix work. Not only for Paleotest. E.G. Petz