[mod] Draconis [2.0.5] [draconis]

ElCeejo
GitHub: ElCeejo
In-game: ElCeejo

Draconis 1.2 - Creatura Switch

by ElCeejo » Post

Draconis 1.2 is here! This update brings numerous Quality-of-Life changes and bug fixes. I've looked into your feedback, and taken suggestions from Patrons to fix a number of issues.

Issue: The Bestiary isn't easy to figure out, and lacks information

The Bestiary is now called Libri Draconis, and the functionality has been rebuilt from the ground up. The Libri Draconis will fill with information automatically as you progress through the mods content.

Issue: Draconic Steel Forges are too confusing to set up, and don't even work once built

Draconis Steel Forges are now made of a single, expensive material to simplify construction while maintaining difficulty to obtain. They also work differently, requiring a new fuel source instead of Dragon Blood. The Forge will also play a particle effect to make it obvious when it is and isn't working.

Issue: Some prefer the old keyboard based controls

You can now access access a menu using /dragon_mount_settings, which allows you to configure your sprint key to either change your POV while riding a dragon, or switching between pitch and keyboard based movement.

Issue: Can't track Dragons health while riding

A Dragons Health, Hunger, Flight Stamina and Breath Stamina are now visible on your HUD while riding your Dragon.

Issue: Dragons are nearly impossible to fight in survival

Dragons now heavily favor ground-based attacks, which can be dodged. When they do attack from their air, they quickly return to the ground.

Other changes not based on feedback:

Moderators can now change the owner of a Dragon through commands and customize the appearance of Dragons through the shift+rightclick menu.

Dragon sounds are now entirely custom

Revamped Dragon Nests and Caverns

Merged Roost settings with Nest Settings

Improved aerial movement thanks to Creaturas Theta* Pathfinding.

Hopefully you all enjoy this update and as always, feedback is much appreciated.

ElCeejo

Update 1.2.2

by ElCeejo » Post

A number of crashes and issues were found after release of 1.2. I made a small patch (1.2.1) silently (aside from a Discord announcement), and now a final fix.

Changes:

- Fixed numerous crashes
- Improved Dragon behavior
- Increased Dragon breath damage radius
- Added /revive_dragon command

Be sure to report any issues on GitHub.

ElCeejo

Update 1.2.4

by ElCeejo » Post

Just a small fix for a few issues and a slight change.

- Fixed Ice Dragons being unable to freeze water
- Fixed Egg rendering
- Merged Summoning Gem into Dragon Horn (may cause minor issues)

ElCeejo

Update 1.2.5

by ElCeejo » Post

Very small, just fixed an exploit and crash with the Dragon Horn.

Podo

Re: [mod] Draconis [1.2.5] [draconis]

by Podo » Post

Hello, pls help...

Code: Select all

AsyncErr: Lua: Runtime error from mod 'draconis' in callback luaentity_run_simple_callback(): ...er\minetest-5.5.0-win64\bin\..\mods\draconis/api/api.lua:500: attempt to index local 'pos' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	...er\minetest-5.5.0-win64\bin\..\mods\draconis/api/api.lua:500: in function 'drop_items'
	...er\minetest-5.5.0-win64\bin\..\mods\draconis/api/api.lua:1907: in function 'rightclick'
	...st-5.5.0-win64\bin\..\mods\draconis/mobs/fire_dragon.lua:222: in function <...st-5.5.0-win64\bin\..\mods\draconis/mobs/fire_dragon.lua:221>
cdb_2049351dc8e7

ElCeejo

Update 1.2.6 and a big Announcement

by ElCeejo » Post

Draconis 1.2.6 is public!

- Fixed crash with Dragon Horn
- Fixed Dragon Horn functionality
- Fixed Dragons losing hunger
- Eggs can now be picked up after "awakening"
- Dragon Horns and Flutes will now prioritize pointed objects over larger objects

Unto some big news: Draconis 2.0 is coming soon!

2.0 will bring a huge revamp to art style, expand upon existing features (especially Draconic Steel), and might even bring back an old friend from 2019.

Draconis 2.0 alpha is currently available on Patreon (Link in signature)

0siribix
GitHub: 0siribix
In-game: 0siribix

Re: [mod] Draconis [1.2.6] [draconis]

by 0siribix » Post

My first time installing and on a fresh installed server. Horn crashes the server. I made the following change and it doesn't crash anymore but I haven't been able to confirm it works because I'm still trying to figure out how to use the horn.

Code: Select all

diff --git a/craftitems.lua b/craftitems.lua
index f9b91f6..188f358 100644
--- a/craftitems.lua
+++ b/craftitems.lua
@@ -575,10 +575,9 @@ minetest.register_craftitem("draconis:dragon_horn", {
                 ent = nil
             end
         end
-        if (ent
-        and ent.dragon_id
-        and ent.dragon_id == id)
-        or id == "" then
+        if ent^M
+        and (ent.dragon_id == id^M
+        or id == "" ) then^M
             if vector.distance(player:get_pos(), ent.object:get_pos()) < 7 then
                 return capture(player, ent, "dragon_horn")
             else

Puffas

Hatch

by Puffas » Post

Please, I need help hatching the eggs.

I try to put (using the Q key) the fire egg in the fire, on a 3x3 coal block base. Or the same in a 3x3 ice cage with water in the center. After 1 hour nothing happens.

Can you tell me the step by step procedure for hatching eggs?
I'm playing on a LAN with "Host a server" and one "client".

Bombuzal

Re: [mod] Draconis [1.2.6] [draconis]

by Bombuzal » Post

Hi,

I updated to minetest 5.6.0 now, installed draconis from git, tried 1.2.6 too
Started a local singleplayer game
I can't put fire dragon eggs into fire anymore (fire disappears)
Ice dragon eggs won't freeze under water

Did the hatch technique change? Or is it a bug? Or else? ;)

ElCeejo

Draconis 2.0 is here!

by ElCeejo » Post

A long time waiting and greatly delayed, but here at last. Draconis 2.0 brings a complete overhaul to every aspect of the mod. From Art to the forging of Draconic Steel, everything has been vastly improved.

Art

The big focus of this update is art. This new art style leaves behind the repeating patterns, grainy noise, and opacity shading of old. Textures now use a set 4-6 color palette, and Dragon models have been completely changed. The new model draws inspiration from various sources, notably: Borneo Earless Monitors and Horned Toads for the head, Abelisaurid Theropods for the body, and Bats for the Wings.

Returning Friends

Another aspect of this update is the returning Jungle Wyverns, that have been absent since 1.0. No longer are they small, useless, and passive. These new Wyverns are more aggressive than Dragons and fully capable of being ridden. They are far more nimble in the air than their larger relatives, and capable of a dive that greatly increases their speed.

Draconic Steel

Draconic Steel has previously been largely a low effort adaptation of Valyrian Steel from Game of Thrones/ASOIAF. Now it's been greatly expanded. The forge has been reshaped, Ingots no longer stack, and the process is far more expensive. You'll need to create Dragonstone (99 stone for 1 block), create the forge and crucible, obtain 99 steel ingots, and of course a Fire Dragon. The process is lengthy, so I'll likely be making a video on it soon.

A proper Boss Fight

Dragon fights have taken notes from my experimentation with Spiradilus. Attacks can now be skillfully evaded and blocked. Dragons also have a far greater bias to the ground, making it far less 1 sided. Beware, each Dragons attacks can leave enflamed or frozen in place temporarily.

I hope you all enjoy this update, it may be the last big one for a while. I have another exciting project on the horizon that will bring a big change the mod landscape once again, keep your eyes peeled.

ElCeejo

Patch 2.0.1

by ElCeejo » Post

More minor improvements.

- Fixed Ice Draconic Steel being tied to Fire Dragons
- Updated Breath particles to 5.6 API (Automatically reverts for <5.6 clients/servers)
- Improved Dragon fighting behavior
- Fixed Scorched Bone Pile not being flammable
- Fixed Wyverns not changing pitch while diving

NomadKing3

Re: [mod] Draconis [2.0.1] [draconis]

by NomadKing3 » Post

Is it possible to change how of eggs are drop?

ElCeejo

Patch 2.0.2

by ElCeejo » Post

Small patch with a new feature.

- Added Libri font scaling dropdown
- Fixed Ice Dragons drowning
- Increased time for Fire Dragons to drown
- Fixed Dragons not flying out of water
- Improved Dragon Nest spawning
- Fixed Draconic Steel Tools being worn

NomadKing3

Re: [mod] Draconis [2.0.2] [draconis]

by NomadKing3 » Post

Hi, I tried opening the Libri and it keeps crashing. This is what it gave for a error:
AsyncErr: Lua: Runtime error from mod 'draconis' in callback item_OnPlace(): ...inetest-5.6.0-win64\bin\..\mods\draconis/libri/libri.lua:379: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'page_spacing' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...inetest-5.6.0-win64\bin\..\mods\draconis/libri/libri.lua:379: in function 'render_element'
...inetest-5.6.0-win64\bin\..\mods\draconis/libri/libri.lua:418: in function 'get_page'
...inetest-5.6.0-win64\bin\..\mods\draconis/libri/libri.lua:446: in function <...inetest-5.6.0-win64\bin\..\mods\draconis/libri/libri.lua:438>

ElCeejo

Re: [mod] Draconis [2.0.2] [draconis]

by ElCeejo » Post

This has already been fixed.

ElCeejo

Patch 2.0.3

by ElCeejo » Post

More Improvements.

- Improved Libri text alignment
- Improved Jungle Wyvern behavior
- Improved Jungle Wyvern spawning

Papang
IRC: Papang
In-game: Papang

Re: [mod] Draconis [2.0.3] [draconis]

by Papang » Post

Hello,
I don't understand why the dragons just keep flying above their nest so i can't kill him without flying.
They are not attacking the player...
I tried with minetest 5.4.1 and 5.6.1, in survival, local and server. Nests are easy to find, they don't spawn particularly in mountains, they appear under level 80 (i didn't change the default settings).
The flying and the texture of dragons are really cool by the way !

dosch

Re: [mod] Draconis [2.0.5] [draconis]

by dosch » Post

Hey, we just installed your mod (amazing!) and are now trying to learn how to tame and ride dragons.

Is there an explanation somewhere?

Bombuzal

by Bombuzal » Post

dosch wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 16:19
Hey, we just installed your mod (amazing!) and are now trying to learn how to tame and ride dragons.

Is there an explanation somewhere?
It's all in the Libris book, you have to find that, it's probably in a cave in a chest somewhere ;-)

techmago
GitHub: luisbrandao

by techmago » Post

This mod is broken in 5.6.1:
2023-01-26 14:02:35: ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from /home/techmago/.minetest/mods/draconis/init.lua:
2023-01-26 14:02:35: ERROR[Main]: /home/techmago/.minetest/mods/draconis/nodes.lua:254: attempt to index a nil value
2023-01-26 14:02:35: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2023-01-26 14:02:35: ERROR[Main]: /home/techmago/.minetest/mods/draconis/nodes.lua:254: in main chunk
2023-01-26 14:02:35: ERROR[Main]: [C]: in function 'dofile'
2023-01-26 14:02:35: ERROR[Main]: /home/techmago/.minetest/mods/draconis/init.lua:111: in main chunk
2023-01-26 14:02:35: ERROR[Main]: Verifique o debug.txt para mais detalhes.
2023-01-26 14:02:35: ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down

KingBull

by KingBull » Post

Hello ElCeejo,
kudos for draconis, one of my favourite mods, thank you!

I wish to know how do you craft Dragonstone?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nevermind just found out how :)
Craft 99 Stone, drop stone and use Dragon to turn it into Dragonstone.

KingBull

Wyvern taming / Dragon Egg Hatching / Dragonstone Forge / Dragon Steel Crafting

by KingBull » Post

I've had to do a lot of digging to learn all this, so here is my attempt at explaining
what I wish I had read.

All this is specific to Centeria (nobugz.eu:30000) and playing on pc (laptop in my case) on Minetest ver.5.6.1, Centeria is my favourite server but I believe it is similar or same on other servers.

Wyver Taming:

Note: On Centeria you will need 10 enchanted meat (crafted from raw beef)
but on other servers just 10 of the animalia:raw_beef.

It is recommended you have good armor before you attempt this:

With an empty hand hold the SNEAK key (Shift) and right click on the wild wyvern,
this will activate the wyvern menu.
wyvern-menu-stay.jpg
wyvern-menu-stay.jpg (115.87 KiB) Viewed 3886 times
Here I select STAY instead of Follow or Wander and PASSIVE instead of Neutral or Agressive.

Then escape the menu by hitting the ESC and right click on the wyvern, this will begin the taming process. Have the 10 enchanted meat on the first (maybe doesn't need to be the first) slot of the inventory bar.

And have selected the enchanted meat, the taming will begin, just wait until it fully tames.
You'll get messages like 10% tamed...etc.

NOTE: Avoid the SHIFT key while flying the wyvern, it will make you jump out of the wyvern.
NOTE: Also good recommendation to have a glider handy, incase you do hit the SHIFT.
(It happens)

To mount right click, to fly SPACE, to dismount SHIFT.

Dragon Egg Hatching:

So you have good armor, crystal boots to run faster and jump higher, and probably diamond armor, you've made camp relatively close to a Dragon Nest, you have slept on the bed to make your spawn point, and you have a chest with backups in case the battle doesn't go your way.
Your all set, to kill a dragon.

A good weapon at hand Battle Hammer is what I'd recommend, its cheap and effective
(you can kill 2 dragons with one).

So you go to battle and you triumph! The dragon is lying dead and red in colour, now right click several times quickly and the dragon disappears and drops scales, bone and if your very lucky an egg. You loot the nest, remember to take with you at least 9 blocks of bones.

To awaken the egg you'll need to place 9 blocks of bones 3X3 and place the egg in the centre.

If the egg was from a fire dragon then the pile of bones are scorched, if it came from ice dragon then they are frozen. Once you placed the egg in the centre you'll notice a few seconds later it will turn into an entity, this you can see with debug on (F5) because you'll see the hp=10 (health) at this point your ready to HATCH it.

To hatch the egg:

if its a fire dragon egg you need flint and steel, selecting the bone pile in the centre, which should be the one bellow the egg use the flint and steel to make a spark, which will ignite and a flame will surround the egg and the egg will begin to wiggle.

If the egg is from an ice dragon then you need a bucket of water, select the bone pile directly underneath the egg and pour the water. It will turn into transparent ice and the egg will wiggle.

Now, you'll have to wait... perhaps 15 to 20 min real time...

And dragon hatches! Shift + Right click will open the Dragon menu (similar to the Wyvern one), you can name it and feed it as it needs *notice the hunger stats. As the dragon grows it will need plenty food, anything raw is fair game, chicken, beef, pork, lamb...

During the first 5 days right click will place the little dragon on your shoulder.
Beyond this period you'll want to store the dragon, you can do so with a flute or a dragon binder (this is the one I use).

The dragonbinder if you shift + right click you can choose whether to allow the dragon to age or not whilst in the dragonbinder, if you plan on logging on frequently better to allow to grow, this will require feeding regularly as it needs. But if you don't log in for a few days and the dragon was stored allowed to age, you may find yourself a very large dragon comes out and very hungry hopefully not starved to death.

Dragon Forge:

So now you have a Dragon, whether an Ice of Fire or both. And you want to build the forge to make some armor.

You are going to need a lot, a lot, a lot of cobble to turn into stone on a furnace
and then turn 99 stone into 1 Dragonstone to build the Forge with.

You'll need to make Dragonstone Blocks and Bricks.

To make Dragonstone you need to drop (q) stacks (99) of stone and then use your dragon to blow on them. That will turn each stack of stone into 1 Dragonstone.

Your going to need 13 for the bottom layer, 25 for the layer above that, 16 for the next,
24 for the next, 8 for the bottom chimney and another 8 on top of that, of the top of my head 94 Dragonstone (Between Blocks and Bricks) + another 5 for the crucible = 99 Dragonstone,
between Blocks and Bricks. So 99 X 99 = 9801 Cobble turned into Stone.

So to make the forge I'll begin from the bottom layer:

Bottom/First Layer:

9 (3X3) Dragonstone Bricks (Bottom Shell) + 4 Outter Corner Blocks (Core Outter Frame)
[This looks like a square with 3 empty spaces on each side.]

Second Layer:

9 (3X3) Dragonstone Blocks (Bottom Core) + 4 Outter Corner Blocks (Core Outter Frame)
+ 12 Bricks filling the empty space, 3 on each side.

Third Layer:

Forge sits on the center of the 9 blocks bellow.
4 Blocks surrond the forge + 4 Outter Corner Blocks (Core Outter Frame)
8 Bricks filling the empty space leaving the hole for the forge, 2 on each side.

Fourth Layer:

Same as Second Layer, but only 8 instead of 9 Blocks above the Forge
to allow the gap for the Chimney. + 4 Outter Corner Blocks same as second layer + 12 Bricks.

Fifth Layer / Bottom Chimney:

4 Bricks North, South, East, West around the gap of Chimney, + 4 Blocks as frame of Chimney.

Sixth / Last Layer / Top Chimney:

Same as layer bellow.
forge1.jpg
forge1.jpg (103.54 KiB) Viewed 3886 times
furnace-side.jpg
furnace-side.jpg (109.43 KiB) Viewed 3886 times
Now you should have a forge in working order, if it doesn't open the menu when you click on it, simply remove the actual forge and put it back on, cause I believe you first need to make the entire construction and then place the forge in the center.

TO USE THE FORGE:

Now its time to make some Dragonsteel, you'll need to craft a Crucible, so your going to need another 5 more Dragonstones.

Place the crucible inside the forge and place at least 20 iron ingots (Not STEEL)
you can stack up to 99 but it will use 20 at a time to make 1 DragonSteel.

Once you have the crucible and the iron ingots in the furnace you need to use your dragon to blow into the furnace non stop until the flames from the chimney turn into steam.

I believe that is all I had to share, I love this mod, kudos to ElCeejo for making it! Thank you!

Simon Wickman
In-game: Simon

by Simon Wickman » Post

Hello can someone help me? I've hatched an egg, and the dragon come, but I don't know how to feed my dragon. Pls help me.

MirceaKitsune
GitHub: MirceaKitsune
IRC: Taoki
In-game: MirceaKitsune

by MirceaKitsune » Post

Such a great and fun addition to the Creatura API. Great model with smooth animations, looks very vivid and natural, feels right at home in the world of Minetest Game! It's a bit rare to find dragons and dragon nests throughout the world, took me a long time exploring to come across one... I guess this might be good as the player could be attacked too easily if they were everywhere, I presume they're intended to be a rare treat to come across.

I spawned a fire and ice dragon next to each other to try it out, without realizing they're enemies at first: It was fun to watch them fight and destroy the environment around them in the process! On the opposite end, seeing them sleep is surprisingly cute... yes, the one thing you should never call a dragon :)

I'm curious if there's a way to befriend one: Would be heartbreaking if not but I've yet to spoil myself on the details of the mechanics. I only noticed the mention that weapons forged from a dragon will be destroyed if that dragon is killed, this is an awesome idea that adds so much to an already great concept!

May I suggest a little addition to that idea in fact? Let the player link their health to a dragon, so if either is hurt or healed the other is as well... would be the blessing / curse for befriending one. If by chance anyone here happened to play an old game called Drakan in their childhood you know why this comes to mind.

Imk
In-game: Imk

by Imk » Post

2023-09-09 08:37:18: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: Lua: OOM error from mod 'draconis' in callback environment_OnGenerated(): not enough memory
2023-09-09 08:37:18: ERROR[Main]: Current Lua memory usage: 822 MB
Is this a host issue or a mod issue?
I think it's the host