[Mod] Creative Inventory [0.3] [creative_inventory]

ashenk69

[Mod] Creative Inventory [0.3] [creative_inventory]

by ashenk69 » Post

This mod is for anyone who wants to find the blocks from the mods that they have downloaded in one spot. The Creative Inventory mod adds a new chest to the game that acts as the inventory for every registered item in the game. This way creators can easily go in choose their blocks they want to build with and start building with them. The inventory is bigger on the chest so you can view a lot more blocks. To view the different pages of the chest you have to move an item inside the chest to one of the two empty spots in the middle. The one on the right is "next" and the one on the left is "previous". You can't make a mistake with going to far because I have put checks in for that type of thing. All items in the chest are sorted alphabetically so typically items that are specific to a mod are grouped with similar items, but that isn't always the case. The chest is only added into your inventory automatically if creative mode is turned on so normal mode is kept separate.

Requires latest build of Minetest

0.1: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71911483/creati ... ory0.1.zip

0.2: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71911483/creati ... ory0.2.zip
ChangeLog:
  • Now mod can be used on a multiplayer server
  • Fixed issue where some items were deleted when navigating the inventory
0.3: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71911483/creati ... ory0.3.zip
ChangeLog:
  • Added persistence to values
  • Added mod-specific definition
Future Updates:
  • Create an easier system to navigate the inventory (halted until buttons implemented into inventory)
  • Add system in single player to show the player the recipe for a certain item but don't allow transfer of inventory
Last edited by ashenk69 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 20:40, edited 1 time in total.

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

I want this mod on EACH SERVER!!! And I WANT TO HAVE FULL CONTROL :P
Oh yeah, +10!
My mods: The Nether | Doctor Who (WIP)

I have quit minetest ... again. I am heavily unimpressed by both the game and the community.

sdzen

by sdzen » Post

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) Oh How I have Waited for such a wonder +∞

Zen S.D.

The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

Stef

by Stef » Post

wow man i have waited long for this!!!!
Thanks youre awsome

Edit: Can you make a next page button because i use around 50 mods en I can't see all the furnage of it. Maybe something like TooManyItems?
Last edited by Stef on Tue Jul 03, 2012 05:55, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my crappy english, im dutch :D

sdzen

by sdzen » Post

there aready is didnt you read? those two squares insert something there the page turns

Zen S.D.

The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Nice!
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

RandomBot

by RandomBot » Post

btw that texture pack feels like im in a kids cartoon o.o
"Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face"
- Mike Tyson

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Stef wrote: Edit: Can you make a next page button because i use around 50 mods en I can't see all the furnage of it. Maybe something like TooManyItems?
Just put the image above one of the two empty squares, one square down, into that space.

Am I correct that 3d-mods, Vanessa's home mod (3d torch), bobblocks (dependend on mesecons) and Jeija's mesecons generate a init.lua error line 92 and after a retry a serilization error (2 types, 1 described here http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2061 , another 1 'something with' nodebox)

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I LOVE this idea, however when I installed it, the chest shows up as being empty, save for one row of "unknown" items.

Using 0.4, latest git.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

sdzen wrote:there aready is didnt you read? those two squares insert something there the page turns
Yeah if you move an inventory item from the chest into one of the two slots in the middle will change the page in the chest inventory.
VanessaE wrote:I LOVE this idea, however when I installed it, the chest shows up as being empty, save for one row of "unknown" items.

Using 0.4, latest git.
It might be that the mods you have installed are being run after this one. That would cause the items to be registered afterwards so their wouldn't be any items to be displayed. I'll try to figure out how to define it to be the last mod to be run or change the event that it starts up.

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

Stef wrote:wow man i have waited long for this!!!!
Thanks youre awsome

Edit: Can you make a next page button because i use around 50 mods en I can't see all the furnage of it. Maybe something like TooManyItems?
I wanted to add inventory buttons so it would be intuitive but those haven't been implemented into the engine yet. Once they are, I will put them in. Actually I wanted to put this system straight into the player's inventory but you can't customize the player's inventory unless you modify the engine code. Hopefully in the future, inventory modification can be added for modding.

TheLoLMan

by TheLoLMan » Post

GOOD PLEASE CONVERT minetest-0.4.dev-20120122-1-win32

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

TheLoLMan wrote:GOOD PLEASE CONVERT minetest-0.4.dev-20120122-1-win32
This is impossible - this mod requires the latest 0.4 version.

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

Calinou wrote:
TheLoLMan wrote:GOOD PLEASE CONVERT minetest-0.4.dev-20120122-1-win32
This is impossible - this mod requires the latest 0.4 version.
Forgot to mention that. Just added it to the post.

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

Topywo wrote: Just put the image above one of the two empty squares, one square down, into that space.

Am I correct that 3d-mods, Vanessa's home mod (3d torch), bobblocks (dependend on mesecons) and Jeija's mesecons generate a init.lua error line 92 and after a retry a serilization error (2 types, 1 described here http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2061 , another 1 'something with' nodebox)
I think I fixed the error on line 92. I hadn't tested it for a multiplayer server before but I have it working my machine on a server.

Josh

by Josh » Post

Great job ashenk69 this is very clever if this was added into the offical game we could have every single thing in minetest we want it in creative mode! How exactly did you make this mod it's very intresting did you need to modify the inventory at all?

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

Josh wrote:Great job ashenk69 this is very clever if this was added into the offical game we could have every single thing in minetest we want it in creative mode! How exactly did you make this mod it's very intresting did you need to modify the inventory at all?
Well you can't modify the player's inventory unfortunately so I decided to modify the code for a chest and make it work for my needs. I accessed the items through the registered items table that is created by the engine. From that I sorted it alphabetically and since every item is usually prefixed by the mod's name it also sorts them automatically by mod. To add the items themselves to the chest you just need the name of the item you want to add and the index to add it at. That is about it. The only other thing was modifying the inventory to be larger and to use two of the slots for menu navigation because buttons haven't been implemented yet.

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

I just updated the mod to fix some little issues like multiplayer and deleting items. I hope to make the mod even better with recipe viewing and later buttons for easier use.

Stef

by Stef » Post

should it be possible to make a creative inventory for one mod like stairsplus because i have now stairsplus with KBLOCKS, WOOL, MOREBLOCKS textures
Sorry for my crappy english, im dutch :D

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

Stef wrote:should it be possible to make a creative inventory for one mod like stairsplus because i have now stairsplus with KBLOCKS, WOOL, MOREBLOCKS textures
It would be possible and quite cool. I think I could get it to work by having the user specify which mod they want to access by inputing a string somewhere. I could do it with a sign since there hasn't been text fields implemented into the inventory yet. Then I would just check either in front or on top of the chest and see if there is a sign and get its text field and from there exclude every object except for what objects are prefixed by that mod.

Might have been too much of an explanation but I think it is possible.

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

I just updated the mod to include mod specific definition where now if you place a sign or locked sign near the chest it will define what mod it should pull the items from. I don't have a check to keep the chest from going past the last page so I will be working on that.

confused&tired

by confused&tired » Post

So this mod only works on v0.4?

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

All mods work only on 0.4, and some require very recent builds of that series as well (owing to features being added or fixed over time). 0.3 cannot run mods (but it can use texture packs if they're designed for that version).
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

Hi,

This mod is awesome, and allowed me to make my mod!

One thing I noticed. When I goto NEXT/PREV pages, it removed the item from the top inventory and leaves it in the NExT/PREV slot. I fixed this in mine by not calling minetest.node_metadata_inventory_move_allow_all when the to_list was next or previous.

I think you have some new features that I need now. Individual list for players, and sign persistence.

Thanks again!

Oh, one last thing..
Add system in single player to show the player the recipe for a certain item but don't allow transfer of inventory
Would you like to take over my mod. I don't think I will have heaps of time to dev, the main reason I built it was to save myself looking up websites for recipes.

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

@cornernote
I'll try your fix out. It makes sense once I think about doing it that way.

I would be very glad to combine the power of our two mods. It's funny cause I had actually already kind of implemented your code into mine just to see what it was like and it was awesome. If I take yours over I will still include credit of crafting to you since you did invent the way to store recipes.