[Mod] Vines and Rope [2.3] [vines]

FaceDeer
GitHub: FaceDeer

Re: [Mod] Vines and Rope [2.3] [vines]

by FaceDeer » Post

I've finally done it, I've split this mod in twain. The new stand-alone ropes mod has no dependency on biome_lib and no vine content, though its crafting recipes remain compatible with the vines produced by this mod.

My fork of this vines mod has had the rope-related content removed from it, leaving it as just a vines mod. Note that I haven't tested it extensively - I have to admit, I've mainly been in this for the ropes. :) I'll do what I can to maintain it, though, if anyone has bug reports or requests.

I've added a node upgrade function to the new ropes mod that will convert the ropes from both my fork of the vines mod and the original version of the vines mod by bas080 to the new ropes mod's ropes. So if you wish to upgrade an existing world it should work. Take care, though - this split's a big edit so both of my forks should be treated as unstable right now.

JordanL2

Re: [Mod] Vines and Rope [2.3] [vines]

by JordanL2 » Post

I don't get any vines in my world. I've tried both the vines mod from VanessaE's Plant Life modpack, and also FaceDeer's fork. I have biome_lib enabled, and not other mods, playing Minetest game.

I understand vines are supposed to spawn on jungle leaves, but there aren't any.

EDIT: After reading VanessaE's post in the Plantlife thread, I understand they're meant to very slowly appear over time.