[Mod] Carts [carts]

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

PilzAdam wrote:
rarkenin wrote:Oh, I didn't know about that. What form is the vector in? Lua doesn't have a built-in vector format IIRC. If it does, pardon my ignorance.
With "It is possible" I meant, "It is possible to implement some day". So its not in my code currently.
And for the vectors its same as position, local vec = {x=0, y=0, z=0}. To serialize it call minetest.serialize(vec). This returns a string that can be stored in meta. Ill maybe implement this tomorow or so.
Nice! Can you take a look at the pull request and either merge the changes, or close it, first? It has also come to my attnetion that my diff got some weird line breaks, if so, I'm very sorry.
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

rarkenin wrote:
PilzAdam wrote:
rarkenin wrote:Oh, I didn't know about that. What form is the vector in? Lua doesn't have a built-in vector format IIRC. If it does, pardon my ignorance.
With "It is possible" I meant, "It is possible to implement some day". So its not in my code currently.
And for the vectors its same as position, local vec = {x=0, y=0, z=0}. To serialize it call minetest.serialize(vec). This returns a string that can be stored in meta. Ill maybe implement this tomorow or so.
Nice! Can you take a look at the pull request and either merge the changes, or close it, first? It has also come to my attnetion that my diff got some weird line breaks, if so, I'm very sorry.
Ill look at it and also fix the diff this weekend (hopefully).

madarexxx

by madarexxx » Post

PilzAdam, could you implement powered cart and chest cart, pleeeeaaaaseee!
Sorry for my bad English, please help me learn it - correct my worst mistakes :)

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

madarexxx chest cart is supported in monorail ... but monorail graphics are a little bit less advanced
DON'T mention coding style!
(c) sapier all rights reserved

xrendan

by xrendan » Post

I love the mod but, I have a few problems:

1. Sometimes when going over strips of powered rails the cart suddenly reverses
2. Sometimes the cart stops randomly. (usually when a)there is another cart on the track b) on a slope c) when coming off of a strip of powered rails
3. You can't delete/remove a cart
minetest version: clients:0.4.4 official binaries on windows server:c691d61 (if that helps) compiled them myslef it's on linux
Other mods: xdoors2,worldedit,streets,snow,skins,secret_pasage,plantlife,night vision,moreores,morebloclks,maptools,inventory+,homedecor,flamethrower,fireworks,farming,craft guide, chess, carts, boats, beds, alphabet,3dfurniture

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

xrendan wrote:3. You can't delete/remove a cart
Tried shift (or whatever sneak key you use) + leftclick?

xrendan

by xrendan » Post

Okay I will try that. Thanks :)

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

can carts be smelted back into 5 steel ingots for the next update
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

Menche
IRC: Menchers
In-game: Menche

by Menche » Post

The cart seems to rock back and forth after coming to a stop. Also, I'm having trouble picking the cart back up.
Last edited by Menche on Wed Jan 30, 2013 02:57, edited 1 time in total.
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Menche wrote:The cart seems to rock back and forth after coming to a stop. Also, I'm having trouble picking the cart back up.
Have you tried shift+leftclick?

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

Can you please try to merge the powered and brake rails? It will help carts run autonomously without needing Mesecons, and the brake rail is just useful. Don't worry about the diff, I don't mind if you just do a giant copypaste from the file, as it is just some additions.
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.

Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

rarkenin wrote:Can you please try to merge the powered and brake rails? It will help carts run autonomously without needing Mesecons, and the brake rail is just useful. Don't worry about the diff, I don't mind if you just do a giant copypaste from the file, as it is just some additions.
+1

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Mito551 wrote:
rarkenin wrote:Can you please try to merge the powered and brake rails? It will help carts run autonomously without needing Mesecons, and the brake rail is just useful. Don't worry about the diff, I don't mind if you just do a giant copypaste from the file, as it is just some additions.
+1
Much more useful when making a rollercoaster since it needs a emergency break to scare people.

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Done.
The power function from default rails is removed now. Use powered rail instead.
Btw: You cant use mesecons.rules if you dont depend on mesecons. I have removed the rules.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

could you make mesecons.rule a soft dependency so we can still use mesecons to power regular rails. me and some people have made an entire network of rails(connecting 5 capitals with 10 cities per capital) please dont make us change everything. also mesecons allow some people to get to places under certain curcumstances.
Last edited by jojoa1997 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:09, edited 1 time in total.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:could you make mesecons.rule a soft dependency so we can still use mesecons to power regular rails. me and some people have made an entire network of rails(connecting 5 capitals with 10 cities per capital) please dont make us change everything. also mesecons allow some people to get to places under certain curcumstances.
I removed powering of normal rails because we have powered rails now.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Could you have the copper rails be faster than the steel ones. Also could you make them connect to each other. Also I think you should add a chest rail and also drop off boxes where the chest's items go in and the other stuff comes out ( like in previous versions )
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:Could you have the copper rails be faster than the steel ones.
Why? I dont see any reason for that.
jojoa1997 wrote:Also could you make them connect to each other.
Nope. The raillike drawtype is handled by the engine.
jojoa1997 wrote:Also I think you should add a chest rail and also drop off boxes where the chest's items go in and the other stuff comes out ( like in previous versions )
I already have a chest cart (or something like this) in mind. Maybe the pipeworks mod could be useful for getting the items out of it, but dunno.

BZab

by BZab » Post

Can ya add powered copper rails? Maybe not a lot of job to do, but will looks nice when i connect powered to the copper ones ;)
@EDIT: When cart goes too far away from me - it disappear...
@EDIT2: When i put cart, and ride by it long way - when i come back into the position from which i started - cart is standing there, but its another... "cloned" one...
Last edited by BZab on Fri Feb 01, 2013 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

BZab wrote:Can ya add powered copper rails? Maybe not a lot of job to do, but will looks nice when i connect powered to the copper ones ;)
Hmm... dunno.
BZab wrote:@EDIT: When cart goes too far away from me - it disappear...
@EDIT2: When i put cart, and ride by it long way - when i come back into the position from which i started - cart is standing there, but its another... "cloned" one...
Thats a bug in the Minetest engine.

Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

PilzAdam wrote:
BZab wrote:Can ya add powered copper rails? Maybe not a lot of job to do, but will looks nice when i connect powered to the copper ones ;)
Hmm... dunno.
how about having separate file like powrails.lua with power rails and leaving everything else default carts? do you get the idea?

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

I think that since we;re not depending on mesecons, the recipes in Github should also be changed so it uses MESE added to rails for power, another steel ingot for braking. Also, since we now don't require mesecons, we should add it to default.

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

rarkenin wrote:I think that since we;re not depending on mesecons, the recipes in Github should also be changed so it uses MESE added to rails for power, another steel ingot for braking. Also, since we now don't require mesecons, we should add it to default.
Entities are still not handled by Minetest as effectively as they need to be. I don't think Minetest default is ready for something that depends on entities as much as carts.

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

VoidLord

by VoidLord » Post

Hey Pilzadam, can you take the textures from the privious version for brake rail and make them a detector rail, also it would be helpful if you remade those wood switch things, and the reason I ask this of you is because it has many plausible potential applications in the game.

P. S. How do you add a graphic to your profile?
Last edited by VoidLord on Thu Jun 13, 2013 20:10, edited 1 time in total.
</randomtextcrap>
</forumposthing>
</body>
</html>
/0