[Mod] Carts [carts]

ABJ
Member
 
Posts: 3015
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 13:02
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

Re: [Mod] Carts [carts]

by ABJ » Thu Apr 02, 2015 17:20

PA Wait I forgot! Cart coupling to make cart trains!!!! -will work EXCELLENTLY-until traintest of course :D but thats much later :) for now plz add the cart train feature with a special "control cart" for controlling also.
 

Kilarin
Member
 
Posts: 774
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 00:36

Re: [Mod] Carts [carts]

by Kilarin » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:21

Krock wrote:It's quite hard to make diagonal rails

There HAS been a pull request to add them: https://github.com/PilzAdam/carts/pull/8
But I've never tested it.
 

ABJ
Member
 
Posts: 3015
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 13:02
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

Re: [Mod] Carts [carts]

by ABJ » Fri Apr 03, 2015 14:49

Kilarin wrote:
Krock wrote:It's quite hard to make diagonal rails

There HAS been a pull request to add them: https://github.com/PilzAdam/carts/pull/8
But I've never tested it.

Thats waaaaaaay back in 2013. Sad that PA didn't do anything about it. By the way how do I get the files? And where to put them? (I'm not the best in Github)
 

freakedenough
Member
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 19:59

Re: [Mod] Carts [carts]

by freakedenough » Fri Apr 03, 2015 20:39

I have a problem with this mod, the carts stop moving after 100 blocks.

Thats how my tunnels look alike

Image
 

ABJ
Member
 
Posts: 3015
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 13:02
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

Re: [Mod] Carts [carts]

by ABJ » Sat Apr 04, 2015 09:08

freakedenough wrote:I have a problem with this mod, the carts stop moving after 100 blocks.

Thats how my tunnels look alike

Image

You can add more power rails. Don't worry about the cart overspeeding because it has a good speed limit. I've got a railway network made entirely of power rails and brake rails at station. And carts don't go too fast :)
 

freakedenough
Member
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 19:59

Re: [Mod] Carts [carts]

by freakedenough » Sat Apr 04, 2015 09:22

It seems that those powered rails dont do anything. It doesnt help to add more of them.
 

ABJ
Member
 
Posts: 3015
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 13:02
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

Re: [Mod] Carts [carts]

by ABJ » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:31

freakedenough wrote:It seems that those powered rails dont do anything. It doesnt help to add more of them.

No they do. Cart's can't go 100 nodes if you just push. They need power rails. By the way did you worldedit the power rails in there? Or do you have mesecons enabled?
 

freakedenough
Member
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 19:59

Re: [Mod] Carts [carts]

by freakedenough » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:54

no worldedit and no mesecons enabled. i also tried to use only powerrails
after 100 blocks im standing still.
 

ABJ
Member
 
Posts: 3015
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 13:02
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

Re: [Mod] Carts [carts]

by ABJ » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:23

freakedenough wrote:no worldedit and no mesecons enabled. i also tried to use only powerrails
after 100 blocks im standing still.

Sigh I don't know WHAT to do about that. Try reinstalling.
BTW it's a griefing shame none of the pros are helping him :(
 

twoelk
Member
 
Posts: 1324
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 16:19
Location: northern Germany
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

Re: [Mod] Carts [carts]

by twoelk » Sat Apr 04, 2015 16:37

power rails need a power source.
Use mese blocks or mesecons or blinkyplants or ...

visit a server with carts installed and study the layouts

Image
a screenshot from just a few weeks ago on this very thread showing a staion with meseblocks and buttons to start the cart when sitting inside and blinky plants powering the rails
 

ABJ
Member
 
Posts: 3015
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 13:02
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

Re: [Mod] Carts [carts]

by ABJ » Sun Apr 05, 2015 15:48

twoelk wrote:power rails need a power source.
Use mese blocks or mesecons or blinkyplants or ...

visit a server with carts installed and study the layouts

a screenshot from just a few weeks ago on this very thread showing a staion with meseblocks and buttons to start the cart when sitting inside and blinky plants powering the rails

That's WITH mesecons. Mesecons have all these things. We're talking about non-mesecons powerrails. That said, I've visited many a server with carts installed, and they do not have wires next to the railways. I suggest looking at the area near the spawn with rails of Liberty Land Minetest, and Craig's Server's railway network when it's up and running again.
They don't have wires because they don't have mesecons. I've even successfully ridden a cart on both (though on Liberty Land I got stuck because a deficiency of powerrails and "derailed" on Craig's' :D)

EDIT: And I've got my own personal railway with no wires which actually works with no cart getting stuck at all. If you want, I'll show screenshots even :-)
 

User avatar
ExeterDad
Member
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 20:00
Location: New Hampshire U.S.A
In-game: ExeterDad

Re: [Mod] Carts [carts]

by ExeterDad » Sun Apr 05, 2015 17:02

I believe IF mesecons are inatalled, a power source is needed for each power rail. But if mesecons are not installed, the power rails will work without mesecons. But you still need a power rail every few normal rails. Or thats how they used to work.
 

User avatar
12Me21
Member
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 00:36
Location: (Ignore all of my posts before 2018)
GitHub: 12Me21

Re: [Mod] Carts [carts]

by 12Me21 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 23:41

I usually put 15 normal rails and 1 powered rails, and if you put a bunch of powered rails at the beginning, the cart keeps its speed pretty well, though I think it slows down after a while. I usually use this if I'm low on mese, or need to quickly lay a bunch of rails in un protected areas.
 

User avatar
maikerumine
Member
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 14:27
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Re: [Mod] Carts [carts]

by maikerumine » Mon Apr 06, 2015 04:41

FWIW look lag01 on forum and githib, he has a fork which works quite well on a server with many clients. I really don't think I have had much trouble with the mod, ot may have been optimized for heavy client load. Works quite well. I must say, for a quick demonstration go to the Jist Test server and hitch a ride near spawn. Carts are usually backed up at sunrise side of spawn past glass building. Try there to feel optimised used server mode.
 

ABJ
Member
 
Posts: 3015
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 13:02
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

Re: [Mod] Carts [carts]

by ABJ » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:37

ExeterDad wrote:I believe IF mesecons are inatalled, a power source is needed for each power rail. But if mesecons are not installed, the power rails will work without mesecons. But you still need a power rail every few normal rails. Or thats how they used to work.

That's my point.
 

ABJ
Member
 
Posts: 3015
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 13:02
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

Re: [Mod] Carts [carts]

by ABJ » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:39

maikerumine wrote:FWIW look lag01 on forum and githib, he has a fork which works quite well on a server with many clients. I really don't think I have had much trouble with the mod, ot may have been optimized for heavy client load. Works quite well. I must say, for a quick demonstration go to the Jist Test server and hitch a ride near spawn. Carts are usually backed up at sunrise side of spawn past glass building. Try there to feel optimised used server mode.

I doubt that server is on the public list (At least I don't see it on my in-game list). What is that fork called? And if there is a forum thread can you post link? E|:-)
 

User avatar
12Me21
Member
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 00:36
Location: (Ignore all of my posts before 2018)
GitHub: 12Me21

Re: [Mod] Carts [carts]

by 12Me21 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 13:02

ABJ wrote:
maikerumine wrote:FWIW look lag01 on forum and githib, he has a fork which works quite well on a server with many clients. I really don't think I have had much trouble with the mod, ot may have been optimized for heavy client load. Works quite well. I must say, for a quick demonstration go to the Jist Test server and hitch a ride near spawn. Carts are usually backed up at sunrise side of spawn past glass building. Try there to feel optimised used server mode.

I doubt that server is on the public list (At least I don't see it on my in-game list). What is that fork called? And if there is a forum thread can you post link? E|:-)


It should be near the top of the list (it's "just test" not "jist test"), though it does restart every day at 5:30, and takes a while to come back on. (usually it's back at around 6:00)
 

ABJ
Member
 
Posts: 3015
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 13:02
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

Re: [Mod] Carts [carts]

by ABJ » Mon Apr 06, 2015 13:56

[quote="12Me21"It should be near the top of the list (it's "just test" not "jist test"), though it does restart every day at 5:30, and takes a while to come back on. (usually it's back at around 6:00)[/quote]
Oh that. I remember rails in the flooded tunnel I ended up after descending a waterfall at spawn :( But me no ride cuz no cart and me get bord stif in der so me leeve
 

User avatar
GFX_Garage
Member
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 15:12
GitHub: GraphicsGarage
In-game: GFX

Re: [Mod] Carts [carts]

by GFX_Garage » Sat May 16, 2015 03:29

If you still need graphics for this, I'd be happy to help.

Here's some of my work:

http://torywright.deviantart.com/
"Well it is an ambiguous enterprise, and fraught with contradiction, but forward, ever forward" ~ Terence McKenna

https://www.youtube.com/user/GraphicsGarage/featured

http://torywright.deviantart.com/
 

ABJ
Member
 
Posts: 3015
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 13:02
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

Re: [Mod] Carts [carts]

by ABJ » Sat May 16, 2015 08:50

Um.....as I've said before, can you please add collision detection?
Or can someone at least fork? With coll-det and cargo carts? :)
(Well I'll personally maybe do that when I'm more learned in this stuff :D but for now, goto above)
 

User avatar
TenPlus1
Member
 
Posts: 2610
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 13:38
GitHub: tenplus1
 

ABJ
Member
 
Posts: 3015
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 13:02
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

Re: [Mod] Carts [carts]

by ABJ » Sat May 16, 2015 12:23

Yep I asked there and here but have received no response. Sapier has already done it in his monorails mod, but I want that in carts/boost cart. That and a fix to the jumping in boost cart but that I will ask there.
 

wappo
New member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 02:29
Location: Japan

Re: [Mod] Carts [carts]

by wappo » Thu May 21, 2015 14:38

I want to keep moving the empty cart even when player is away doing other. For example, Empty cart do not work very long rails. (not loading map?)


sorry i am not english.
 

User avatar
Krock
Developer
 
Posts: 4371
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 07:48
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: [Mod] Carts [carts]

by Krock » Fri May 22, 2015 17:01

@wappo: This is not possible without force-loading those mapblocks.
Minetest reduces its memory and CPU usage by unloading unused mapblocks/chunks and the carts unload a bit later.
>> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>
 

User avatar
Samson1
Member
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 19:41
IRC: Samson1
In-game: Samson1

Re: [Mod] Carts [carts]

by Samson1 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 15:05

This is a really good mod, some things need fixing first like 1: You can not pickaxe a minecrart 2: the rails don't do anything as in the powered rails don't have power and nor do the brake rails stop the cart.

Try and copy the monorail modxD
 

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests