Far Bows [farbows] + Raycast Bows API [rcbows] (1.15-2.2)

runs

Re: Far Bows [farbows] + Raycast Bows API [rcbows] (1.12)

by runs » Post

v1.13

- [rcbows] Now if a bow (i.e. the Flaming Bow) can throw multiple arrows and also if you got several arrows in the inventory, it will be loaded the first one (in the inventory the order is left-to-right and top-to-down). That means, that you can reorder the arrows in the inventory to select the desired one.

- Removed the 'no_drop = true' definition. To no drop anything at all, now simply define: 'drop = nil' for the arrow. Remember that if the 'drop' definition does not exists, the arrow itself will be dropped by default.

- [farbows]: Updated the README to explain how the bows work.

Nordal
GitHub: Nordall

Re: Far Bows [farbows] + Raycast Bows API [rcbows] (1.13)

by Nordal » Post

Excellent mods! The API is cool and easy to use. Thanks a lot!
CFS - still widely unknown

runs

Re: Far Bows [farbows] + Raycast Bows API [rcbows] (1.13-2.0)

by runs » Post

v2.0 [rcbows]

Viewfinder

You can define a viewfinder for a bow. This produces a zoom effect.

Code: Select all

viewfinder = {
  zoom = 15, --level of zoom; by default 15.
  texture = "" --optional
}
- When the bow charged, toogle the viewfinder with the secondary use (right-click).
- You can define an optional texture to being showed. If you define texture as empty (""), you get the default rcbows viewfinder texture.

runs

Re: Far Bows [farbows] + Raycast Bows API [rcbows] (1.14-2.1)

by runs » Post

farbows v1.14 & rcbows v2.1

- luacheck cleaning.

runs

Re: Far Bows [farbows] + Raycast Bows API [rcbows] (1.15-2.2)

by runs » Post

farbows v1.15 & rcbows v2.2

[rcbows]
- Fix: No sound when an arrow hits.
- Fix: The optional "soundfile_hit_arrow" definition was broken when hit a node (yes for an entity). Now it has to be defined in the "register_arrow" function.
- Fix: The "drop=nil" definition did not work. Now for no drop at all put: drop=""
- Fix: "drop= 'customized:drop'" did not work.

[farbows]
- Added the "sound" definition for all the arrows. Now it will sound when the arrow hit on a node.

Nordal
GitHub: Nordall

by Nordal » Post

The viewfinder is great. It's possible to shoot arrows from very far, hence one even needs a viewfinder sometimes. Very nice mod. I really like it.

Ignaramico
GitHub: ignaramico

by Ignaramico » Post

I have noticed that the bows need a certain "minimum" distance (to say it in a way) since i have shoot to mobs/blocks that are near (around less than 10 blocks, specially mobs) and there isnt any damage or arrow dropped

runs

by runs » Post

Ignaramico wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 00:43
I have noticed that the bows need a certain "minimum" distance (to say it in a way) since i have shoot to mobs/blocks that are near (around less than 10 blocks, specially mobs) and there isnt any damage or arrow dropped
I have not that issue. Maybe would be caused by a mod of yours.

Ignaramico
GitHub: ignaramico

by Ignaramico » Post

after more testing, it seems that the wood bow is the only one that doesnt have that problem (firing at point blank range) and that the cause for the problem seems to be the angle of the shot at a node. just to let know, since the mod work pretty well

runs

by runs » Post

Ignaramico wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 22:16
after more testing, it seems that the wood bow is the only one that doesnt have that problem (firing at point blank range) and that the cause for the problem seems to be the angle of the shot at a node. just to let know, since the mod work pretty well
I tested several angles and works ok, the arrow drops on the nodes. Please video?

Note: When a arrow hit a mobs the arrow is supposed to stay inside it, it doesn't get dropped.

Note: The mese and obsidian bows have a long range, I believe I have to limited it, it is too much. Maybe the arrow is lost, but who knows? The arrow trespass the loaded cells, but they are entities, I think that does not dissapear but it is lost. :-)

runs

by runs » Post

This mod is certified as:

chojin

by chojin » Post

Please consider adding a target. Currently I have xbows enabled for that, but farbow arrow won't stick on to it.. So that I can practice before starting to wound but not kill some innocent petz :-)..

runs

by runs » Post

chojin wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 22:19
Please consider adding a target. Currently I have xbows enabled for that, but farbow arrow won't stick on to it.. So that I can practice before starting to wound but not kill some innocent petz :-)..
I will add that feature.