At first it was just a quick simple mod that contains a few extra worldedit commands, but it seems to have grown quite a bit since then :P
Note that I consider this mod stable, and production-ready (so if you find any bugs, please report them). Despite this, new commands will be added in future releases (ideas and especially pull requests welcome!).
Website: https://worldeditadditions.mooncarrot.space/ (new June 2021! Has more screenshots, information, tutorials, and a full and searchable[i/] reference!)
Extra tools and commands to extend WorldEdit for Minetest
If you can dream of it, it probably belongs here!
IMPORTANT: The branch of the git repository has been renamed to , to follow the new standard across the Git ecosystem. If you've installed WorldEditAadditions through git before 2021-04-01, you will need to re-clone the repository.
v1.13: The transformational update (2nd January 2022)
- Add (selection factor) - Selection Tools by @VorTechnix are finished for now.
- Add (measure facing), (measure middle position), (measure size), (measure trigonometry) - Measuring Tools implemented by @VorTechnix.
- Add for applying commands only to air nodes in the defined region
- Add (wireframe corners), (wireframe box), (wireframe compass) - Wireframes implemented by @VorTechnix.
- Add for executing commands while changing their arguments - Implemented by @VorTechnix.
- Add (selection shift) - WorldEdit cuboid manipulator replacements implemented by @VorTechnix.
- Add for perturbing terrain with multiple different noise functions
- Add for running commands on columns where a noise value is over a threshold
- Add which creates an ellipsoid that fills the defined region
- Add for creating both square and circular spirals
- Add for copying a defined region across multiple axes at once
- Add for moving a defined region across multiple axes at once
- Add and for sculpting terrain using a number of custom brushes.
- Use luacheck to find and fix a large number of bugs and other issues (code quality from now on will be significantly improved)
- Multiple commands: Allow using quotes ( , ) to quote values when splitting
- WorldPainter) : Add optional slope constraint (inspired by
- : Add optional node list constraint
- : Add optional thickness argument
- : Add human-readable approx volumes of regions in the selection stack
- : Fix crash caused by internal refactoring of the data structure
- : Fix wording in displayed message
- Sapling alias compatibility:
- Correct alias of from to (since it produces apples)
- from to
- Add →
- Add ⇒
- : Improve error handling to avoid crashes (thanks, Jonathon for reporting via Discord!)
- Cloud wand: Improve chat message text
- Fix mod detection to look for the global , not whether the mod name has been loaded
- : Fix argument parsing
- : Prevent crash if no parameters are specified by defaulting to as the replace_node
- , :
- Fix generated maze not reaching the very edge of the defined region
- Fix crash if no arguments are specified
- Fix automatic seed when generating many mazes in the same second (e.g. with , )
- : Fix those super tall pillars appearing randomly
- cloud wand: improve feedback messages sent to players
- : Update sapling aliases for → instead of
See the full changelog here
Summary of commands implemented so far:
- Far wand (also )
Check the README for an updated list, as well as comprehensive explanations and usage examples: https://github.com/sbrl/Minetest-WorldE ... f-contents
Also check out the chat command cookbook for useful commands other users have discovered. Got a useful command (set) that isn't on the list? Get in touch! I'll add it and give you credit for discovering it.
Here are a few screenshots showing some of the commands in action:
Above: A torus upon which has been used. Also a hollow ellipsoid that has been ed.
Here are some more screenshots:
I strongly recommend using git to clone the repository to install this mod. If you can't, then I've provided an always up-to-date download link too :-)
Note that if I don't reply to your message on here, I'll be much more responsive if you open an issue against the repository.
Please also review on Content DB!
Repository | Clone | ContentDB | Download (Previous versions) | Issue Tracker |
Mod dependencies: (the WorldEdit API is used by pretty much every command in this mod)
Optional mod dependencies:
- : Enables the command
- , : Aliases for referencing provided saplings for use in