[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

Re: [Mod] Technic [0.4.11] [technic]

by Don » Post

I don't know if you can re generate map chunks but it only effects the areas you generated. Any map chunks that have not generated will have the new settings.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

You can force a mapblock to regenerate by flying to the affected position and doing " /deleteblocks here " (with the literal word "here"). All normal mapgen functions, including ores and register_on_generated() will run in the refreshed block.

Careful, sometimes it can affect or delete-and-regenerate neighboring blocks (in all 6 directions) also.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Post

VanessaE wrote:You can force a mapblock to regenerate by flying to the affected position and doing " /deleteblocks here " (with the literal word "here"). All normal mapgen functions, including ores and register_on_generated() will run in the refreshed block.

Careful, sometimes it can affect or delete-and-regenerate neighboring blocks (in all 6 directions) also.
Thanks VanessaE. I forgot about that
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

Nore
Developer
GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Post

supercutsminetest wrote: General questions - When are nodes generated? If I create a world, edit the oregen.lua after, will the new oregen.lua affect the world already created? Is there object/node permanence or does it get generated with each world load. For scarcity, num ores, size, does increasing the number increase or decrease the number of that node, it looks like the 5x5x5 yields more than 6x6x6 for example.
The nodes are generated when the blocks containing them are; so if you change the values, you need to explore more of your world.
About your problem for finding zinc, the explanation is that ores in technic follow a "perlin noise" distribution: that means that there are places where zinc (and other places for other ores) will be quite common, while there are other places where those ores can't be found; you therefore need to explore your world a bit (the scale of the distribution can be up to 100x100 nodes), and you will likely find some places with zinc and other with the other ores. About sulphur, it only generates near lava, so you need to explore a few lava lakes.
Finally, about bronze: there is a recipe in vanilla minetest that adds the steel + copper recipe; this one is deleted by technic because it does not make sense.

poet.nohit
GitHub: poet-nohit

by poet.nohit » Post

I found those noise params to be very strange for generating ores (although the seeds are okay). The sheets don't seem to be generating at the right levels in the latest engine, which is probably an engine bug. I've actually found granite at levels 100 blocks higher than they should have been when I was generating sheets.

deivan

by deivan » Post

The recipe from the lv_grinder don't is working with my crafting guide and after 4 hours of debug I found the problem... The name is wrong in your mod, the old name "technic:lv_grinder" is now "technic:grinder". I don't know if is a problem with the aliases but now is working here after I changed the name back to "technic:lv_grinder" in your mod, is a small and easy correction.

jabalijoan

by jabalijoan » Post

Hello everyone:

I need a little help to build my version of TBM to excavate "stairs". The idea is to dig at 45 ° and then install rails in the tunnel up and down by train between caves.

I researched as much as I could about frames in the forum, irc channel, youtube, etc. It's really difficult to find information !!! :-D I would appreciate your help very much. Insert a post is my last resort.

Solved the first problem (put a frame on the arrow ABOVE the engine to operate) and the second (insert tubes (pipeworks) in the frame), I try to insert other things (mesecons, logic control, etc) and can not find the way.

What I can insert into a frame? Only tubes?

Greetings.

Nore
Developer
GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Post

Yes, only tubes can be inserted in frames, but objects that are touching frames will be dragged too. You can also use templates (the idea is that you build your structure, place templates to replace every node, and click on the template that is next to a motor with the template tool); this makes it easier to build complex machines.

jabalijoan

by jabalijoan » Post

Thx for reply, Nore :-)
I'll get the textures for template, etc and investigate about it before asking more.

Greetings.

addi
GitHub: adrido

by addi » Post

not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

after technic mod installed, it is not longer possible to craft default:sandstone

ThatGraemeGuy
GitHub: thatgraemeguy
IRC: ThatGraemeGuy
In-game: thatgraemeguy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

addi wrote:not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

after technic mod installed, it is not longer possible to craft default:sandstone
It's a feature. You use a compressor to compress 2 sand into 1 sandstone.

addi

by addi » Post

ThatGraemeGuy wrote:
addi wrote:not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

It's a feature. You use a compressor to compress 2 sand into 1 sandstone.
is there a way to change that behaviour? I don't want to craft complicate technic machines if I only want a sandstone.

ThatGraemeGuy
GitHub: thatgraemeguy
IRC: ThatGraemeGuy
In-game: thatgraemeguy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

Modify here: https://github.com/minetest-technic/tec ... lua#L22-30

It does beg the question though, if you don't want to build the machines, why even bother with technic?

addi

by addi » Post

ThatGraemeGuy wrote:Modify here: https://github.com/minetest-technic/tec ... lua#L22-30

It does beg the question though, if you don't want to build the machines, why even bother with technic?
thanks, I hope there will be a setting for that in the future.

the problem is, that I first want to build a nice house with chests. Than dig for deeper resources, and later build machines, do farming, build a nuclear reactor, etc.

deivan

by deivan » Post

The recipe of the lv_grinder is named "grinder" and this make problems with other recipes, I changed back (here in my game) to lv_grinder and is working now.

I thinking if some type of switch is very useful, a small device only with on/off function. To isolate a area of the network and reconnect in a single click.

The power converter only work after 10000 is in the network (LV) and is a big number... Maybe a setting to regulate it will be valid, like 1% of power (100 LV), 10% (1000LV) and 100% (10000LV), here my LV network is close to useless by the hunger of the converter. :-/

I request a new small machine... A fast battery box, have the half of the charge capacity but have double charge/discharge speed.

Proposed recipe:

Code: Select all

{'group:wood',      'group:wood',             'group:wood'},
{'technic:battery', 'technic:machine_casing', 'technic:battery'},
{'group:wood',      'technic:lv_cable0',      'group:wood'},
Proposed parameters:

max_charge     = 20000,
charge_rate    = 2000,
discharge_rate = 8000,
charge_step    = 500,
discharge_step = 800,

poet.nohit

by poet.nohit » Post

Supply converters really should demand more, IMHO. If you find your supply is too low, you can boost it by 4000 EU/s with an LV battbox. You can have a full MV setup with only 1 generator and 3 battboxes if you don't mind a really slow one.

A good compromise would be 7 geothermals and 2 battboxes. You have enough juice with that setup to run a few machines all at once (if you upgrade them with batteries).

addi

by addi » Post

hi, I just have another question:
how do I craft a switching station?
the recipe from http://technic.kosyak.info/ does not work

Excalibur Zero
GitHub: ExcaliburZero

by Excalibur Zero » Post

addi wrote:hi, I just have another question:
how do I craft a switching station?
the recipe from http://technic.kosyak.info/ does not work
You can find the current recipe for any node or item by looking through the code of the mod. According to the current version of the mod on GitHub, the recipe is as follows:

technic:lv_transformer                                   
default:copper_ingot  default:copper_ingot   default:copper_ingot
technic:lv_cable0     technic:lv_cable0      technic:lv_cable0     

addi

by addi » Post

thanks, but a correct reciepe on the internet page would be better ^^

Excalibur Zero
GitHub: ExcaliburZero

by Excalibur Zero » Post

addi wrote:thanks, but a correct reciepe on the internet page would be better ^^
Unfortunately the website listed on the first post has been outdated for quite a while. I don't know if the creator of it can be contacted to update it.

poet.nohit

by poet.nohit » Post

There are a number of crafting guide mods, which simply take the recipe from the engine itself.

deivan

by deivan » Post

My CGMR is one... :-P

poet.nohit

by poet.nohit » Post

I am kind of partial to unified inventory, although it could use some support for alias searching and centrifuge recipes.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

UI can list all crafting recipes for ya, no need for a page while its built-in

Diamond knight
GitHub: Diamondknight
In-game: Ferrumprinceps

by Diamond knight » Post

idea for lead:

lead vests that reduce radioactivity damage

lead blocks reducing the effects of radioactivity