[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

BirgitLachner
In-game: Bibs

Re: [Mod] Technic [0.4.11] [technic]

by BirgitLachner » Post

Sorry, just a gameplay question, no technical problem:

I want to build a grinder but for that I need for a component coal dust. But coal dust can only be produced with a grinder!?

Can soneone give me a hint, what I need to do!?

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

@ BirgitLachner:
could you please tell us which component needs the coal dust
if im not ina an error then a grinder is built out of 4 desert stone, 2 stone, 1 lv cable, 1 machine casing and 1 diamond
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Post

You don't need coal dusy. You can cook the iron to get cast iron rather than mixing it with coal dust.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

BirgitLachner

by BirgitLachner » Post

Okay ... got it ... there are several recipes for the same thing.

BirgitLachner

by BirgitLachner » Post

Me again ...

I wanted to use tubes to transport things from a chest to the grinder and the LV Oven?

I tried it from nearly every side but from the button because the cable comes in there! Is there a possibility use pipes? Or is there another possibility to have automatic maschines with the technic mod?

DoyleChris
In-game: DoyleChris

by DoyleChris » Post

LV dosent use tubes, you need to upgrade to MV.
Take your time you will get enough resources to get there.

Desour
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

BirgitLachner wrote:the cable comes in from the button side!
you can connect machines from all side, only sometimes it looks unconnected, dont be irritated of it. if its unconnected it says no network
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

addi
GitHub: adrido

by addi » Post

After a update to newer minetest game, its not longer possible to place seeds using the deployer :/

Desour

by Desour » Post

addi wrote:After a update to newer minetest game, its not longer possible to place seeds using the deployer :/
the deployer has to be beyond the soil and has to face up
but shouldnt be your post in pipeworks topic?

jakab
IRC: jakab
In-game: jakab

by jakab » Post

can somebodey help me ?
i need a guide of this mod :D
what can i use the whole stuff ...
i just know a bit of pipes ...

addi
GitHub: adrido

by addi » Post

DS-minetest wrote:
addi wrote:After a update to newer minetest game, its not longer possible to place seeds using the deployer :/
the deployer has to be beyond the soil and has to face up
but shouldnt be your post in pipeworks topic?
Ahh thanks now it works. Im sorry, now I see the deployer belongs to the pipeworks mod, sorry. But wasn't it first part of technic mod? Anyway thanks for help.

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

I wonder who will update this mod now. It would be a shame to lose this mod.

Jesseman1
In-game: Jesseman1 or Plant_Operator

by Jesseman1 » Post

I can't play Minetest without this mod, everything I build is done using the Technic mod! Please don't let this mod die!

Crowmagus

by Crowmagus » Post

Love the mod but it seems to have a problem loading. Any help getting it running would be very appreciated.

Here is the debug log. I've parsed it a bit to cut down on the time stamp etc.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Server: Failed to load and run /home/user/.minetest/mods/technic/technic/init.lua
ERROR[main]: ModError: ModError: Failed to load and run /home/george/.minetest/mods/technic/technic/init.lua
ERROR[main]: Error from Lua:
ERROR[main]: /home/user/.minetest/mods/technic/technic/helpers.lua:58: attempt to index global 'pipeworks' (a nil value)
ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
ERROR[main]: /home/user/.minetest/mods/technic/technic/helpers.lua:58: in main chunk
ERROR[main]: [C]: in function 'dofile'
ERROR[main]: /home/user/.minetest/mods/technic/technic/init.lua:27: in main chunk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

information on how to correct the errors - or how to patch up the code please?

Thanks in advance

ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

The mod's creator is no longer alive. Anyone who knows enough?

Nore
Developer
GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Post

It looks like pipeworks is not installed or has not been enabled... If it is correctly installed or enabled, though, it looks strange. Could you tell me if there is a "Pipeworks loaded!" message appearing in the console before the crash?

Crowmagus

by Crowmagus » Post

Nore wrote:It looks like pipeworks is not installed or has not been enabled... If it is correctly installed or enabled, though, it looks strange. Could you tell me if there is a "Pipeworks loaded!" message appearing in the console before the crash?
Took a look at the pipes and it was installed and enabled. I disabled technic to get game to load and it loaded with pipes available. But just in case I deleted the pipes folder and used a fresh copy from the zip file.

Also I noted that a lot of people were talking about ver 4.14 in other areas. I was running 4.13 from the DL link on the home page. So I hunted around and found a version for 4.14 elsewhere on the site. I am running a Linux box so that may be why (??) but dont know if the version made a difference.
Anyway it now works just as described.

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at it and point me in right direction.

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

IIRC it's been a few months since V4.14 was on the official DL link. When did you use the link last?

Crowmagus

by Crowmagus » Post

ABJ wrote:IIRC it's been a few months since V4.14 was on the official DL link. When did you use the link last?
Have only been playing a week or so. I know I had the .13 version cause I checked when asked if I had pipes enabled. I did try to traceback to find the link but have no idea where I got the older version.

In my search I did see that the .14 has been out for a couple months so I dont know how I got the .13 version.

Sorry I couldnt be more help

Crowmagus

by Crowmagus » Post

A new question that I cant seem to find the answer for anywhere.

I have automated the mining (with Technic and Pipeworks - two amazing mods) all the way to the grinder. But no matter what I try I seem unable to get the dust from the grinder to the MV furnace. I have tried all the pipes and the filters from Pipes - I am certain I am doing something wrong but cant find a reference on how to get things from the grinder to the furnace automatically. Everything before the grinder and everything after the furnace is automated.

What am I missing??

Crowmagus

by Crowmagus » Post

Naj wrote: Two things :
- Grinder should be MV
- A control unit logic has to be put in one of the upgrade slots

Then you have to check on which side dust is ejected (depending on orientation). Put a chest on each side and check.
Thank You so very much. The output side discover was the key. And NOW my mining is automated from end to end.

Jesseman1

by Jesseman1 » Post

I know RBA is no longer with us, and so I'm a little nervous about updating. Is the current version of Technic stable?

qwertymine3
GitHub: Qwertymine
In-game: qwertymine3

by qwertymine3 » Post

Jesseman1

by Jesseman1 » Post

I've decided to update my version of Technic, and force updated the Minetest game to meet Technic's requirements. I've noticed a few issues already; Stainless Steel, Concrete, and Blast-resistant Concrete no longer provide shielding from radiation, and despite force updating the game, cables still look like full size blocks. I'm not a coder, so I don't know where the problem is originating from. Please help?

*Edit* Also, the meltdown timer for a damaged reactor took over five minutes from the moment of damage to the corium spawn. Last I remember, the timer countdown is supposed to be 100 seconds if only one block is damaged.

Nore
Developer
GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Post

Hi,

Technic should be compatible with the latest version of Minetest game, and needs a fairly recent version of the engine as well (the topic title saying 0.4.11 is unfortunately quite outdated). If cables look like full size blocks, this means you version of the engine is not recent enough: it uses NDT_CONNECTED, which was added between 0.4.13 and 0.4.14.

Finally, about updating: technic is still in development, but not as actively as before; it is not completely stable either, unfortunately.

The other problems are a bit stranger, but will hopefully be fixed if you update your version of the engine, please say here if they remain after that.