[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

BZab

by BZab » Post

Calinou wrote:I've recently updated my Stairs+ mod to make the functions accessible from any mod, so RealBadAngel would have to update his mod to fix it...
Still doesnt work... updated - technic, minetest and stairs + etc..

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

BZab wrote:
Calinou wrote:I've recently updated my Stairs+ mod to make the functions accessible from any mod, so RealBadAngel would have to update his mod to fix it...
Still doesnt work... updated - technic, minetest and stairs + etc..
Ive updated technic to work with latest stairsplus.
Also fixed bug that caused server crash with trying to use not charged tools.

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Stairs+ is now in More Blocks, you should change the dependency to moreblocks. :P

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Calinou wrote:Stairs+ is now in More Blocks, you should change the dependency to moreblocks. :P
i will try to make soft deps

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

Wait a moment...
Most of the recipes/ideas are nearly identical to that of the RedPower mod for Minecraft (same battery/batbox recipe, copper coil, etc.)
Is this intentional?
"All we need it the right major crisis and the nations will accept the new world order."

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

YES.

Darkman

by Darkman » Post

Some thing problem

ModError:Failed to load and run
C:\users\desktop\minetest-0.4.4\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mod\technic\technic\init.lua

I am playing this at minetest 0.4.4 and minetest 0.4.5 ...........And always showing this when i click play,I am already have moreores,pipeworks,messecons,stairplus. can you tell me how to done this problem?

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Darkman wrote:Some thing problem

C:\users\desktop\minetest-0.4.4\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mod\technic\technic\init.lua

I am playing this at minetest 0.4.4 and minetest 0.4.5 ...........And always showing this when i click play,I am already have moreores,pipeworks,messecons,stairplus. can you tell me how to done this problem?
First of all technic is NOT compatible with 0.4.4.
Error report you pasted comes from 0.4.4. Please try with latest stable and if it crashes please copy a bit more from error log
Not just the fact it crashed, but also which line and the reason.

EDIT: wait a second. just saw your modpath. why are you putting mods into minetest_game?
proper path for mods is /mods/minetest
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Sat Mar 09, 2013 14:02, edited 1 time in total.

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Put your mods in <Minetest directory>/mods/minetest, not in <Minetest directory>/games/minetest_game/mods.

Darkman

by Darkman » Post

RealBadAngel wrote:
Darkman wrote:Some thing problem

First of all technic is NOT compatible with 0.4.4.
Error report you pasted comes from 0.4.4. Please try with latest stable and if it crashes please copy a bit more from error log
Not just the fact it crashed, but also which line and the reason.

EDIT: wait a second. just saw your modpath. why are you putting mods into minetest_game?
proper path for mods is /mods/minetest
But how to get the latest stable version minetest?
Last edited by Darkman on Sun Mar 10, 2013 00:16, edited 1 time in total.

Matsetes

by Matsetes » Post

Hi RBA!
I'm still using your mod and I wonder if you can add hopper like in tekkit for minecraft, so it will be more simple to leave more objects for cooking them or grinding them...

lord_james

by lord_james » Post

I really love this mod, but I think it could be better if the estructure of files is like a modpack. For example: in one folder non-electrical machines, in other the core of wires, chests, etc. This help to add or delete pieces of technic in a easiest way

qwrwed
In-game: qwrwed or Nitro

by qwrwed » Post

How do the frames work (if they're finished)?

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Technic modpack is updated with Stargates - private and public teleporters.

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

I can't find documentation for Constructor MK*, deployer, and node breaker. Am I just ignorant, or are they undoucmented? How do I use these nodes?
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

rarkenin wrote:I can't find documentation for Constructor MK*, deployer, and node breaker. Am I just ignorant, or are they undoucmented? How do I use these nodes?

constructors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmMuDsHGAM0
deployer/node breaker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZEAp5YSpm0

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

Can this documentation be added to http://technic.kosyak.info?

I would watch the youtube videos, but my epilepsy makes it difficult to watch a video of a game on a tiny screen without getting dizzy/
Last edited by rarkenin on Tue Mar 19, 2013 23:16, edited 1 time in total.
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

rarkenin wrote:Can this documentation be added to http://technic.kosyak.info?

I would watch the youtube videos, but my epilepsy makes it difficult to watch a video of a game on a tiny screen without getting dizzy/
i would like to but havent seen the creator of page for ages...
i dont even have sources of it to modify it and upload elsewhere

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

With constructors, you can right click them to add nodes into the slots of it's inventory, and when it recieves a mesecons on signal, it will deploy the nodes in it's inventory if it is not already done so. If it recieves another mesecons on signal, the blocks it placed will simply go back into it's inventory in the same slot order.

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

Jordach wrote:

With constructors, you can right click them to add nodes into the slots of it's inventory, and when it recieves a mesecons on signal, it will deploy the nodes in it's inventory if it is not already done so. If it recieves another mesecons on signal, the blocks it placed will simply go back into it's inventory in the same slot order.
OK, so it is just put out, and pull back in?

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update 2013-03-20:

Removed concrete, marble, marble brick, granite, stairs/etc from creative inventory (but of course the whole blocks are still present) and made them work with circular saw in More Blocks since this mod depends on that one anyway.

Removed Technic obsidian block entirely and aliased it to the default obsidian block; gave it circular-saw-based stairs/slabs under the "default:" namespace. This is a temporary solution to avoid map/inventory breakage, as I figure sooner or later these objects will be picked up by Moreblocks.

These changes depend on a small fix to the circular saw that Sokomine came up with (see my post on the More Blocks thread). If your copy of circular saw as included in More Blocks doesn't have this fix, you will see unknown items in the saw for some of the above blocks, but you can still use /giveme to get the objects you need.

This was done to reduce clutter in the creative inventory.

Also, removed the custom generate_ore code and made ores use default.generate_ore() instead, since that function works the same and takes the same parameters. This is so that technic can automatically use the C++ version of that function when it is moved back into the engine.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

deivan

by deivan » Post

How I get this recipes now to update my crafting guide?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

There are no recipes except to make a circular saw itself. To get one of those, place eight tree trunks into the grid in a square, with the center empty.

Place the circular saw on the ground and then place your desired block into its input slot. Pick one of the outputs. The saw directly cuts the block into whatever shape you need that is supported by stairsplus.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

deivan

by deivan » Post

You don't is understanding my question... If a block exist I need a form to search the construction method in my crafting guide, like "block N -> Method: Production with a saw, material: N".

Maybe make a matrix with all craftable items with the saw for compatibility purposes. My mod read this var and know what items will be manufactured with a tool. I have the same problem with some alloys.
Last edited by deivan on Wed Mar 20, 2013 17:07, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Ahh. well there is a table you can check: circular_saw.known_stairs

If this table exists, read its contents to find out whether a given node has been registered with the circular saw. All nodes have a consistent naming pattern, e.g. XXXX:stair_YYYY_inverted or XXXX:slab_YYYY_three_quarter (for a given mod XXXX and material YYYY).

If the table doesn't exist, check for the existence of a stair/slab node directly. Usually such nodes will be under the moreblocks: or stairsplus: namespaces, with the same node name encoding as above.