[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

Stefek

by Stefek » Post

This is so buggy that I am abondoning this... I may try it once it gets better in regular version. This is total mess..

Sorry..

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Stefek wrote:This is so buggy that I am abondoning this... I may try it once it gets better in regular version. This is total mess..

Sorry..
You have installed BOTH 0.4.6 and Indev versions of technic mod.
No wonder it is fucked up,
Sorry it will definitely wont work.

Anyway technic will become soon a game mode, not just a mod. Also with single download link that will have already all the elements needed to run it. Without having to look for dependecies and renaming folders.
Click "download", save, run and configure then play.
Firsr run of the Technic game mode will pop up configure dialog that will help you set it up.
For those who will want tu use just rubber tree from moretrees it will be possible to use just this one for example.
So first run -> highly detailed setip, restart world, play it configured. Later on configuring possible via editing world setup files.
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Mon Jun 03, 2013 15:30, edited 1 time in total.

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

RealBadAngel wrote:
Stefek wrote:This is so buggy that I am abondoning this... I may try it once it gets better in regular version. This is total mess..

Sorry..
You have installed BOTH 0.4.6 and Indev versions of technic mod.
No wonder it is ****ed up,
Sorry it will definitely wont work.

Anyway technic will become soon a game mode, not just a mod. Also with single download link that will have already all the elements needed to run it. Without having to look for dependecies and renaming folders.
Click "download", save, run and configure then play.
Firsr run of the Technic game mode will pop up configure dialog that will help you set it up.
For those who will want tu use just rubber tree from moretrees it will be possible to use just this one for example.
So first run -> highly detailed setip, restart world, play it configured. Later on configuring possible via editing world setup files.
I really can't wait for technic game mode. It sounds so awesome!
Back from the dead!

BrandonReese
GitHub: bremaweb
IRC: BrandonReese
In-game: BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

Sorry..
I have it running on my server by request of some users. It hasn't crashed my server and I haven't got any complaints about it yet.

Stefek

by Stefek » Post

Hmm.. That is nice info to hear..and where is that ready download ? Or I have to wait a bit...

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

I seem to be having problems with the turbines. I build 2 of them and they came out looking red and grey. I put them into the water and they turn green. Check the first image.

Images are at: http://imageshack.us/g/1/10181963/

I add a MV cable to the top and it turns red and the water wont go near it. Check the next image for an example.

I removed the MV cable and tried a regular cable and the same thing happened. See next image.

The cables are blocking the water and turning off the turbines. As far as I could tell, the only place to attach the cables were to the top. I tried to have water flowing under the turbines as well but that didn't make any difference. Maybe I am just doing something wrong but if so, could you please tell me what.

Thanks for the help.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Those are mesecons turbines, not technic. Use mesecons wires to connect to them.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

No wonder it didn't work. Thanks for the help. I installed a few different mods and I'm still learning what goes to what.
Last edited by LionsDen on Thu Jun 06, 2013 04:19, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

A variant of the crash bug vktRus reported - this one happens when someone uses the chainsaw:

18:53:49: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ServerError: LuaE rror: error: /usr/share/minetest/builtin/item.lua:339: attempt to call field 'handle_node_drops' (a nil value)
18:53:49: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:

In thread 7f9e46e2a780:
/home/vanessa/Minetest-Textures-and-mods/minetest_engine/src/main.cpp:2179: int main(int, char**): Assertion '0' failed.
Debug stacks:
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 7f9e46e2a780:
#0 int main(int, char**)
(Leftover data: #1 Dedicated server branch)
(Leftover data: #2 virtual void ServerMap::save(ModifiedState))
(Leftover data: #3 virtual void ServerMap::saveBlock(MapBlock*))
(Leftover data: #4 void ItemStack::serialize(std::ostream&) const)

A brief grep through the mod shows that handle_item_drops is being redefined in technic/technic/chainsaw.lua and also technic/item_drop/init.lua . Surely one of these re-definitions needs to be removed, but either way it causes the server to crash.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

LionsDen wrote:I seem to be having problems with the turbines. I build 2 of them and they came out looking red and grey. I put them into the water and they turn green. Check the first image.

Images are at: http://imageshack.us/g/1/10181963/

I add a MV cable to the top and it turns red and the water wont go near it. Check the next image for an example.

I removed the MV cable and tried a regular cable and the same thing happened. See next image.

The cables are blocking the water and turning off the turbines. As far as I could tell, the only place to attach the cables were to the top. I tried to have water flowing under the turbines as well but that didn't make any difference. Maybe I am just doing something wrong but if so, could you please tell me what.

Thanks for the help.
Place Low Voltage cable UNDER the water turbine. IF it is a low voltage turbine. Other variants, such as MV turbines need MV cable and so on.

EDIT: The images show that that is a Mesecons Water turbine, not a Technic Turbine, which is crafted like: S is stone. C is copper. D is diamond. W is wood.
SSS
WDW
SCS

Try that recipe...provided you have a diamond.
Last edited by Jordach on Fri Jun 07, 2013 06:54, edited 1 time in total.

pagliaccio

by pagliaccio » Post

on minetest 0.4.7 not work

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

pagliaccio wrote:on minetest 0.4.7 not work
Ehm, yes it does.
Back from the dead!

Zeg9

by Zeg9 » Post

Did you install all dependencies?
Did you enable it in configure ?
Last edited by Zeg9 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
I made a few (a lot of?) mods for minetest: here is a list.
See also the MT-Faithful texture pack (work in progress).

keyxmakerx

by keyxmakerx » Post

It does not work for me either. I am using the beta, and the stargate and different colored glass is the only thing working.

And yes I did check configs, and although I'm not an expert, everything saying "true" does mean it should be active.
Last edited by keyxmakerx on Sun Jun 09, 2013 05:45, edited 1 time in total.

by 1244 » Post

Have you plantlife mod? If you don't have this moretrees isn't working and technic too.
My mods:
Barrels, Chemistry

pagliaccio

by pagliaccio » Post

Zeg9 wrote:
enable? i have update fron 0.4.6 how i can enable?

kpo

by kpo » Post

VanessaE wrote:A variant of the crash bug vktRus reported - this one happens when someone uses the chainsaw:

18:53:49: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ServerError: LuaE rror: error: /usr/share/minetest/builtin/item.lua:339: attempt to call field 'handle_node_drops' (a nil value)

In thread 7f9e46e2a780:
/home/vanessa/Minetest-Textures-and-mods/minetest_engine/src/main.cpp:2179: int main(int, char**): Assertion '0' failed.
Debug stacks:
#0 int main(int, char**)

A brief grep through the mod shows that handle_item_drops is being redefined in technic/technic/chainsaw.lua and also technic/item_drop/init.lua . Surely one of these re-definitions needs to be removed, but either way it causes the server to crash.
I will try and look into it. I did the chainsaw trickery to make it coexist with the drop items mod. I am open to suggestions however. The issue I was faced with here is that to chop down a whole tree I have to all the dig_node function and that one was already globally overridden. So what is done is to save the global one, switch in my version, chop the tree and last restore the original hook. In some cases this is good in others it gives this nil pointer issue. Maybe it is a local scope issue.

by 1244 » Post

pagliaccio wrote:
on minetest 0.4.7 not work
enable? i have update fron 0.4.6 how i can enable?
To enable mods you must select yor world in menu and click configure button. In this you can click enable all and and click save. Thats all.
My mods:
Barrels, Chemistry

keyxmakerx

by keyxmakerx » Post

1244 wrote:Have you plantlife mod? If you don't have this moretrees isn't working and technic too.
Yes I have plant life. Although pipe works I did not. But pipe works is incomparable with a few of my current mods apparently. That or technical. I'm going to fiddle around and see what I can find.

kpo

by kpo » Post

kpo wrote:
VanessaE wrote:A variant of the crash bug vktRus reported - this one happens when someone uses the chainsaw:

In thread 7f9e46e2a780:
Debug stacks:
#0 int main(int, char**)

I will try and look into it. I did the chainsaw trickery to make it coexist with the drop items mod. I am open to suggestions however. The issue I was faced with here is that to chop down a whole tree I have to all the dig_node function and that one was already globally overridden. So what is done is to save the global one, switch in my version, chop the tree and last restore the original hook. In some cases this is good in others it gives this nil pointer issue. Maybe it is a local scope issue.
I have updated the indev branch of technic. The chainsaw should no longer exhibit the nil pointer issue. At least I went about chopping down massive amounts of trees without a hiccup.

BrandonReese
GitHub: bremaweb
IRC: BrandonReese
In-game: BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

Had a server crash today

Code: Select all

03:05:50: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...ndon/minetest/bin/../mods/technic/technic/flashlight.lua:53: attempt to index a nil value

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

I have some questions about the stargates. How do you build them and can you have more than two and how do they work? I have done a lot of searches but I haven't found any info on this as of yet. I have used both google and the forums search and neither is giving me any results that answer my questions. Thanks for the help.

fairiestoy

by fairiestoy » Post

Hey guys,
I installed all (so far known) dependencies like moretrees, plantlife but for some reason, the tree tap is ignoring my wishes. No matter how i try to use it, i dont get technic:raw_latex. Btw Brandon, on your server this doesnt work either, i tried it several times (just try it yourself as non-admin). Every mod is loading and working as far as i can see it now (i think a bunch of beautiful palm trees is proof enough for a working moretrees mod). So what could i have missed that this tree tap isnt working?

Greetings, fairiestoy
Interesting about new things is, to figure out how it works ...

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

I can't seem to make the doped silicon wafer in the alloy furnace from silicon wafers and mithril dust anymore. I could using the previous version of the mod. The recipe doesn't even show up in the inventory recipe list anymore either.

I'm not sure how the recipe list is populated but sometimes recipes are shown that don't work at all and sometimes no recipes are shown that do work. For example, the wooden pickaxe only shows 1 recipe and to use that recipe, you need to create the CNC Machine. Even though the standard of 3 planks and 2 sticks does work at creating the wooden pickaxe.

I do have some other mods installed, a list of them is below.

Pilzadams Nether
FloatLands
Sethome
Technic
Pipeworks
MoreOres
MapTools
MoreBlocks
Carts
Farming_Plus
Food
Mesecons
Moretrees
PlantLife
Technic
Tiny Trees
Vines & Ropes
WorldEdit

I don't think any of them are interfering though. Hope that this helps with the troubleshooting.

Nore
Developer
GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Post

It has been changed recently, because it was too expensive. You need to use gold dust.