[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

fairiestoy wrote:Hey guys,
I installed all (so far known) dependencies like moretrees, plantlife but for some reason, the tree tap is ignoring my wishes. No matter how i try to use it, i dont get technic:raw_latex. Btw Brandon, on your server this doesnt work either, i tried it several times (just try it yourself as non-admin). Every mod is loading and working as far as i can see it now (i think a bunch of beautiful palm trees is proof enough for a working moretrees mod). So what could i have missed that this tree tap isnt working?

Greetings, fairiestoy
I don't know what is wrong with your copy, but my copy has the tree tap working fine. Since you can create the tree tap and have the rubber tree to try it on, something else must be going on with your version of either the game or the mod or even both. Hopefully someone will be able to help you out.

fairiestoy

by fairiestoy » Post

LionsDen wrote:
fairiestoy wrote:Hey guys,
I installed all (so far known) dependencies like moretrees, plantlife but for some reason, the tree tap is ignoring my wishes. No matter how i try to use it, i dont get technic:raw_latex. Btw Brandon, on your server this doesnt work either, i tried it several times (just try it yourself as non-admin). Every mod is loading and working as far as i can see it now (i think a bunch of beautiful palm trees is proof enough for a working moretrees mod). So what could i have missed that this tree tap isnt working?

Greetings, fairiestoy
I don't know what is wrong with your copy, but my copy has the tree tap working fine. Since you can create the tree tap and have the rubber tree to try it on, something else must be going on with your version of either the game or the mod or even both. Hopefully someone will be able to help you out.
In fact I dont know if my client is just rejecting it. I mean i have a local installed version of this mod not working and on a remote server. I have downloaded minetest 0.4.7 as .zip and so far there are no major problems with other mods. If no one else has this problem, i will try a verbose log of minetest and see if i get more information.

Greetings
Last edited by fairiestoy on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:06, edited 1 time in total.
Interesting about new things is, to figure out how it works ...

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

The geothermal generator no longer works. The lava source turns to obsidian when you place the water source. The water and lava can't be diagonal any longer so I don't know how you can update or fix this.

I love the mod though. :)

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Make geothermal generators like the water turbines, except the geothermal generators need lava sources above them...

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

Jordach wrote:Make geothermal generators like the water turbines, except the geothermal generators need lava sources above them...
That was my thought but then he would likely need to rename them to lava generators or something. Geothermal gets it's energy from the differences in temperature so the name wouldn't quite fit in with that idea.

Still, at first, that is how I thought they worked and was setting them up like my water mills except using lava. I was playing around with ideas today when I noticed I wasn't getting any energy. I then looked up information and finally found the video showing how to use them and I thought uh oh when I saw water that close to the lava. I tried it and I was right, instant obsidian cube.

I was thinking that maybe having the water on one side of the cube and lava on the other would be okay, but as they currently work, you only get 50% power from them. If he changes it so that you get 100% power by placing the geothermal generator between a lava source and a water source, he would still be able to call it a geothermal generator. :)

deivan

by deivan » Post

Please, make the energy of the battery box persistent. I don't like when I need pick up a battery box and all energy disappear from it. :-/

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

deivan wrote:Please, make the energy of the battery box persistent. I don't like when I need pick up a battery box and all energy disappear from it. :-/
That may not be an easy thing for him to do. The battery boxes are stackable, they would all probably be set to whatever the first box in your inventory has or be wiped out. If they were made non stackable, it could probably be done but there would be more overhead in the mod. Plus I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement. I am just starting to learn the modding for this game so I don't know what is/is not possible/easy at this time.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

deivan wrote:Please, make the energy of the battery box persistent. I don't like when I need pick up a battery box and all energy disappear from it. :-/
Use a battery or energy crystal to save energy stored in batbox.

This way you can go mining with one battery box and a few crystals.
When your tools are depleted, place batbox on the ground, put crystal in discharge slot and tool in charge one.
When finished charging your tools, save rest of energy from batbox back to crystal.
Voila.

Other topic:

Sorry that i was inactive last month. I have moved to other flat and had problems geting decent connection. By now im using mobile one but propably next week i will get cable one.
I do have lotsa of changes ready, i have to check what other contributors did when i was away and merge them.
So, stay tuned :)
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:52, edited 1 time in total.

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

RealBadAngel wrote:
Use a battery or energy crystal to save energy stored in batbox.

This way you can go mining with one battery box and a few crystals.
When your tools are depleted, place batbox on the ground, put crystal in discharge slot and tool in charge one.
When finished charging your tools, save rest of energy from batbox back to crystal.
Voila.

Other topic:

Sorry that i was inactive last month. I have moved to other flat and had problems geting decent connection. By now im using mobile one but propably next week i will get cable one.
I do have lotsa of changes ready, i have to check what other contributors did when i was away and merge them.
So, stay tuned :)
I've been merging bugfixes while you've been afk.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Thx :)

Im polishing now all the formspecs in the game to be like UI style.
Also i have decided that technic will be a game mode. With own music, textures, etc.
We can develop it as a game and split core as a branch to be aviable for use with other game modes.
But main shall be independent and come as a pack with all mods needed. Download and play.
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:29, edited 1 time in total.

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

RealBadAngel wrote:

BTW, I merged something called Ingot Blocks, for each ore you added, there is now a ore block for them. Makes life much better since the grinder doubles everything. (Ore blocks are like steel blocks.)
Last edited by Jordach on Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:28, edited 1 time in total.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Jordach wrote:
RealBadAngel wrote:

BTW, I merged something called Ingot Blocks, for each ore you added, there is now a ore block for them. Makes life much better since the grinder doubles everything. (Ore blocks are like steel blocks.)
You'll have to add those to the indev version of technic as well.

Johnyknowhow
In-game: Minetestian

by Johnyknowhow » Post

RealBadAngel wrote:Mod updated. Added Constructors - watch video in tutorials section.
Added also list of grindable stuff.
This is bothering me. I cant find any video tutorials! I've been looking everywhere! Where are the video tutorials!
there is nothing specific about the constructors, im just making a reference.
Last edited by Johnyknowhow on Thu Jun 27, 2013 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
It's weird looking back on my old posts as an adult. Miss some of the old times though. Johnyknowhow#5272

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Johnyknowhow wrote:
RealBadAngel wrote:Mod updated. Added Constructors - watch video in tutorials section.
Added also list of grindable stuff.
This is bothering me. I cant find any video tutorials! I've been looking everywhere! Where are the video tutorials!
there is nothing specific about the constructors, im just making a reference.
A few videos on RealBadAngel's YouTube channel can help you out a little bit.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RealBadAngel1973

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Inocudom wrote:
Jordach wrote:
RealBadAngel wrote:

You'll have to add those to the indev version of technic as well.
Well. I could spend the day re-basing stuff, but RBA did say that it will become one branch again, just a stable, indev set of branches.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

master and indev trees are now synced in Technic game mode:

Forum topic:http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=6412
GitHub page: https://github.com/RealBadAngel/technic_game
Download link: https://github.com/RealBadAngel/technic ... master.zip

technic_game comes with all the mods needed to run the game and more.

Also, technic indev branch changes are merged into master. Version bumped to 0.4.7
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Sun Jun 30, 2013 05:22, edited 1 time in total.

Element
IRC: Elementwing4962
In-game: Elementwing4962

by Element » Post

you have many links...which one do i use
RealBadAngel wrote:All technic stuff.

Technic info and recipes page made by ObKo (its WIP) : http://technic.kosyak.info/

Stable (0.4.7):
GitHub page: https://github.com/RealBadAngel/technic

Indev:
GitHub page: https://github.com/RealBadAngel/technic/tree/indev
Download link: https://github.com/RealBadAngel/technic ... /indev.zip
NOTE: to use Indev you need game compiled from current git, it uses features not aviable in stable builds.
Also, indev version requires moretrees mod.

License: GPLv2

Dependencies:
Calinou Mods download ZIP (moreores and moreblocks)
mesecons download ZIP
pipeworks download ZIP
plantlife download ZIP

Im looking for:
- contributors with LUA skills
- for another projects c++ skills needed (Portals)

You can catch me on #minetest evenings CET
Join Me And My Team - thornfyregaming-mc.noip.me:25565

My Server Is 1.7.9

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

Is it me or can the machines not be automated? Wires go in the bottom fine, but pneumatic tubes won't connect to any side.
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

by 1244 » Post

Only medium and high voltage machines work with pipeworks.
Last edited by 1244 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
My mods:
Barrels, Chemistry

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

And even then, pipeworks' autoplace algorithm needs rewritten so that mods that use it can specify connection rules for the tubes and/or pipes. At present, all the connection rules are hard-coded in pipeworks (in autoplace.lua) and only include devices which come with pipeworks, plus technic's version of node breakers and deployers. Other devices might still work even though the tubes don't visually connect.

I'll fix this soon.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Element wrote:you have many links...which one do i use
RealBadAngel wrote:All technic stuff.

Technic info and recipes page made by ObKo (its WIP) : http://technic.kosyak.info/

Stable (0.4.7):
GitHub page: https://github.com/RealBadAngel/technic

Indev:
GitHub page: https://github.com/RealBadAngel/technic/tree/indev
Download link: https://github.com/RealBadAngel/technic ... /indev.zip
NOTE: to use Indev you need game compiled from current git, it uses features not aviable in stable builds.
Also, indev version requires moretrees mod.

License: GPLv2

Dependencies:
Calinou Mods download ZIP (moreores and moreblocks)
mesecons download ZIP
pipeworks download ZIP
plantlife download ZIP

Im looking for:
- contributors with LUA skills
- for another projects c++ skills needed (Portals)

You can catch me on #minetest evenings CET
Most simple way is Technic Game .
Use it instead of minetest_game. It comes with all the mods needed and is ready to play out of the box. Guaranteed,

Johnyknowhow
In-game: Minetestian

by Johnyknowhow » Post

you need to get the info page to say stuff for everything.
It's weird looking back on my old posts as an adult. Miss some of the old times though. Johnyknowhow#5272

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Johnyknowhow wrote:you need to get the info page to say stuff for everything.
i really dont get what you mean...

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

I may have said this before, but now I will say it again. Technic is one of my favorite mods, and RealBadAngel is one of the finest modders. Technic provides a number of useful things like constructors (can be used to make large doors,) tool repair workshops, lava and water cans, underground rock strata, flashlights, and mining drills and lasers. Even in creative mode, the machines of this mod are very useful for decorating factories and power plants.

RealBadAngel's bump mapping feature made it into the latest development version of Minetest today, so I congratulate him for that.

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

RealBadAngel wrote:
Johnyknowhow wrote:you need to get the info page to say stuff for everything.
i really dont get what you mean...
I think he means that your info/recipe page for technic doesn't have everything on it. People are left in the dark about some items.