[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

Johnyknowhow
In-game: Minetestian

by Johnyknowhow » Post

LionsDen wrote:
RealBadAngel wrote:
Johnyknowhow wrote:you need to get the info page to say stuff for everything.
i really dont get what you mean...
I think he means that your info/recipe page for technic doesn't have everything on it. People are left in the dark about some items.
That's exactly what i mean.
It's weird looking back on my old posts as an adult. Miss some of the old times though. Johnyknowhow#5272

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Johnyknowhow wrote:
LionsDen wrote:
RealBadAngel wrote:
i really dont get what you mean...
I think he means that your info/recipe page for technic doesn't have everything on it. People are left in the dark about some items.
Recipe page is not needed at all. Please check all the recipes in-game directly...

Please select Crafting Guide, then from the items list to the right, click on the item you would get the recipe...
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Thu Jul 04, 2013 21:13, edited 1 time in total.

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

RealBadAngel wrote:
Johnyknowhow wrote:
LionsDen wrote:
Recipe page is not needed at all. Please check all the recipes in-game directly...

Please select Crafting Guide, then from the items list to the right, click on the item you would get the recipe...
I have noticed gaps in the recipes. I believe that I reported them in an earlier post. For example, the wooden pickaxe default recipe isn't showing. Or wasn't, haven't checked the game mode technic yet. Many of the recipes that are part of the default game weren't showing up at the time of that post. Plus, the recipes don't tell you how to use an item once it's crafted. Found the post: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php ... 379#p95379 mentions the doped silicon. That recipe wasn't showing up anymore so I didn't know about the change to gold dust.

Also, I still have no clue about the stargate. How to make it, how to get it working and such.

Johnyknowhow

by Johnyknowhow » Post

RealBadAngel wrote:
Johnyknowhow wrote:
LionsDen wrote:

That is not what i mean, i know how to craft everything, i just don't know what everything does.
plus unified inventory isn't working for me in creative mode. it just shows the default one,
It's weird looking back on my old posts as an adult. Miss some of the old times though. Johnyknowhow#5272

addi
GitHub: adrido

by addi » Post

just a question:

do you maybe forgott to add "dofile(modpath.."/rubber.lua")" in /technic/technic/init.lua?
or was this intentional?
if not, can you add this please?

thanks
addi

derpswa99

by derpswa99 » Post

make the recipes use less diamond and more steel or copper because it takes a hell of a lot of time to get to -450 to get mese & diamonds

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:
derpswa99 wrote:make the recipes use less diamond and more steel or copper because it takes a hell of a lot of time to get to -450 to get mese & diamonds
I think it's easy to get diamonds.
Very powerful tools like mining lasers and mining drills can do a lot of mining in a short amount of time, so I feel that having diamonds in their recipes is a way of providing balance.

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

derpswa99 wrote:make the recipes use less diamond and more steel or copper because it takes a hell of a lot of time to get to -450 to get mese & diamonds
Long before I make those tools, I tend to have numerous stacks of diamonds and mese. I usually create stairs down into my mines so it takes longer than someone drilling straight down. I will admit that after a while on my current map, I stopped making the stairs and now just look around. I use the sethome mod to create teleport points so I can go home and then go back to where I was in the mine.

Johnyknowhow

by Johnyknowhow » Post

I am having problems getting the unified inventory to work, it always shows the default one when in creative mode.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Johnyknowhow wrote:I am having problems getting the unified inventory to work, it always shows the default one when in creative mode.
If youre experiening such problems means that your copy of technic is badly outdated.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:I had the same problem.
Ive checked current minetest/minetest_game/technic. Theres no way such can happen.
However, if youre still experiencing it, just delete creative mod from minetest_game.

Edit: not only technic have to be up to date, minetest_game also.
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Wed Jul 10, 2013 13:12, edited 1 time in total.

Johnyknowhow

by Johnyknowhow » Post

i have minetest 4.7 and a recnt technic.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Johnyknowhow wrote:i have minetest 4.7 and a recnt technic.
please join #minetest channel on irc today, i will be there from 11pm to 5 am nexr day
i wil try to help you and find a solution
if you will miss a 'date' you probably will find me there on CET evenings

Johnyknowhow

by Johnyknowhow » Post

Eh, I redownloaded technic and it solved the problem. You need to include a guide, that tells you what EVERYTHING does and how to use it. It's very hard to understand some things, especially the new items in this mod. (nuke reactor, down converter, HV...)
Last edited by Johnyknowhow on Sat Jul 13, 2013 18:55, edited 1 time in total.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Johnyknowhow wrote:Eh, I reels loaded technic and it solved the problem. You need to include a guide, that tells you what EVERYTHING does and how to use it. It's very hard to understand some things, especially the new items in this mod. (nuke reactor, down converter, HV...)
You wont believe but i dont know also how to use reactor or forth computer yet ;)
Technic site with guides, how-to and more will come soon, just be patient.

Johnyknowhow

by Johnyknowhow » Post

To be patient, you have to be patient. Which I'm no good at.

BFett

by BFett » Post

I was playing with the latest technic build and have discovered that the Switching Station requires Stainless Steel for it's high voltage transformers. With this requirement it becomes impossible to create the station due to alloy smelters not working in the first place.

BrandonReese
GitHub: bremaweb
IRC: BrandonReese
In-game: BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

BFett wrote:I was playing with the latest technic build and have discovered that the Switching Station requires Stainless Steel for it's high voltage transformers. With this requirement it becomes impossible to create the station due to alloy smelters not working in the first place.
Do the coal alloy furnaces not work?

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

I was able to create a switching station on the landrush server but had to revert back to coal driven machines. The recipe is extremely iron and copper hungry. Before it took a decent time to get electricity setup. Now the switching station makes it take even longer to get to that point. I would suggest removing one transformer of each type and replacing the resources with stainless steel or something. However, I think I understand that you will really only need to make one or two the whole time, unless you setup more independent networks. If that is the case the cost is reasonable for one or two times of crafting it.

sicmind

by sicmind » Post

What is this Lau file I have heard people speak of and also is there any web page showing what some of this stuff does, I love the mode but I am clueless what half of it does, I know there is a reciepe page but it does not cover what half of it does
Last edited by sicmind on Sat Jul 13, 2013 01:31, edited 1 time in total.
Please feel free to come enjoy the shops of Sicdonia..Cords 537 5 29 on Land Rush Server. (WIP)

Johnyknowhow

by Johnyknowhow » Post

im calculating the way to make a switching station.

you need 144 Copper Ingots
you need 55 Steel Ingots
you need 7 Iron Lumps
you need 7 Stainless Steel
you need Alot of time to waste in a laggy server.
you need Alot of copper and steel to waste in a laggy server.

for 1 switching station. I NEED 2! *faints.
Last edited by Johnyknowhow on Sat Jul 13, 2013 18:53, edited 1 time in total.

Johnyknowhow

by Johnyknowhow » Post

RealBadAngel wrote:
Johnyknowhow wrote:Eh, I redownloaded technic and it solved the problem. You need to include a guide, that tells you what EVERYTHING does and how to use it. It's very hard to understand some things, especially the new items in this mod. (nuke reactor, down converter, HV...)
You wont believe but i dont know also how to use reactor or forth computer yet ;)
Technic site with guides, how-to and more will come soon, just be patient.
sicmind wrote:What is this Lau file I have heard people speak of and also is there any web page showing what some of this stuff does, I love the mode but I am clueless what half of it does, I know there is a reciepe page but it does not cover what half of it does
did you read that post sicmind?
Last edited by Johnyknowhow on Sat Jul 13, 2013 18:55, edited 1 time in total.

placki

by placki » Post

Yet another bug report:
Curretly reactor is impossible to create as all concrete recipes create invalid items - possibly due to extra colon at start of output:
output = ':technic:rebar 6',
output = ':technic:concrete 5',

also nuclear_reactor_hb.lus contains
meta:set_int("HV_EU_supply", power_sypply)
shouldn't it be "power_supply"?
Last edited by placki on Sun Jul 14, 2013 06:23, edited 1 time in total.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

placki wrote:Yet another bug report:
Curretly reactor is impossible to create as all concrete recipes create invalid items - possibly due to extra colon at start of output:
output = ':technic:rebar 6',
output = ':technic:concrete 5',

also nuclear_reactor_hb.lus contains
meta:set_int("HV_EU_supply", power_sypply)
shouldn't it be "power_supply"?
Concrete recipes are now fixed. About 2nd i believe some1 already fixed that. Anyway, please do update your copy of technic.

roku

by roku » Post

ashenk69 wrote:I was able to create a switching station on the landrush server but had to revert back to coal driven machines. The recipe is extremely iron and copper hungry. Before it took a decent time to get electricity setup. Now the switching station makes it take even longer to get to that point. I would suggest removing one transformer of each type and replacing the resources with stainless steel or something. However, I think I understand that you will really only need to make one or two the whole time, unless you setup more independent networks. If that is the case the cost is reasonable for one or two times of crafting it.
Johnyknowhow wrote:im calculating the way to make a switching station.

you need 144 Copper Ingots
you need 55 Steel Ingots
you need 7 Iron Lumps
you need 7 Stainless Steel
you need Alot of time to waste in a laggy server.
you need Alot of copper and steel to waste in a laggy server.

for 1 switching station. I NEED 2! *faints.
Yeah I thought the old way was better. I understand the new switching station is where all the logic went for the power distribution but it shouldn't require all the advanced HV stuff to build. Maybe there should be an LV and HV switching station, the difference being how many power producers can be downconvert for the recievers to use. Even a simple LV circuit on the old technic required a decent amount of stuff but now it's a huge barrier, especially for someone who's never used technic and doesn't know what a lot of the stuff is or its usefulness.