[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

CTMN

by CTMN » Post

@Topywo: As I know, it is there at least since 4.2 . I didn´t see it in 4.1 and I updated from 4.1 to 4.3, so I don´t know if it was already in 4.2. But I´m not sure.
Last edited by CTMN on Fri Oct 12, 2012 06:24, edited 1 time in total.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

I just took some time to dig in my old folders and found dyes under minetest_game in this 4.1 version: celeron55-minetest-2ac2098

CTMN

by CTMN » Post

There's a lot of stuff in the folders that isn't used in the game.

In 4.1, I tried to make dye, but without any result. Do they have to be crafted or smelt?

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

CTMN wrote:There's a lot of stuff in the folders that isn't used in the game.

In 4.1, I tried to make dye, but without any result. Do they have to be crafted or smelt?
There is no way right now to use the wool or dye mod from the minetest_game without additional mods, except by creative or giveme command.

There are mods making the creation possible like:

Dyes
VanessaE's flowers: http://bit.ly/NSfqjw
Cornernote's dye craft: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3267

Wool --> As soon as you manage to get at least white wool from a mod, and have dyes, you can use the minetest_game wool mod
(I don't know/remember a mod that provides a standalone white wool)

Edit: I probably overlooked some mods. Maybe the authors can fill in my gaps.
Jordach's woolcraft mod provides more than only white wool: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3072

Or mods that incorparate a system to make dyes
RealBadAngel's technic mod: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2538
Last edited by Topywo on Fri Oct 12, 2012 15:13, edited 1 time in total.

CaKeSs

by CaKeSs » Post

It would e nice, If you would a make a video of it, And, To me it's a bit complicated, I usually can't find Iron inggots, and I think it's one of the best mod I've seen yet!
lalalalala, Hit, dig, break, collect! -JusticeV before he fell in lava.
|Youtube||Unrealsoftware Account|Granite Mod|

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

CaKeSs wrote:It would e nice, If you would a make a video of it, And, To me it's a bit complicated, I usually can't find Iron inggots, and I think it's one of the best mod I've seen yet!
there are a few video tutorials posted in the topic already.
Topywo wrote:
slimjim97 wrote:i get an error : ModError: mod "RealBadAngel-technic-3f61321" has unsatisfied dependicies: "dye" "farming" "flowers" "mesecons" "moreores" pipeworks"
To get technic working you need to install also the mods that are here called 'dependicies'. You can find them under 'mod Releases'

Only dyes surprises me, that one is part of the standard game, I thought since version 0.4.1.
yeah, i shall remove that dep :)

btw, ive added new items: water and lava cans.
enjoy.
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Sat Oct 13, 2012 03:33, edited 1 time in total.

qwrwed
In-game: qwrwed or Nitro

by qwrwed » Post

You need to make the mining laser and drill compatible with bones and protector(and node ownership for other servers) because a laser destroyed my bones containing 76 diamonds, and my house was griefed despite the protectors.
EDIT: MAKE THAT 85 DIAMONDS, BECAUSE A DIAMOND BLOCK WAS GRIEFED TOO, AND I AM SERIOUSLY ANNOYED.
EDIT2: make it so it can't destroy anything with an inventory, either
Last edited by qwrwed on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:57, edited 1 time in total.

Zeg9

by Zeg9 » Post

qwrwed wrote:You need to make the mining laser and drill compatible with bones and protector(and node ownership for other servers) because a laser destroyed my bones containing 76 diamonds, and my house was griefed despite the protectors.
EDIT: MAKE THAT 85 DIAMONDS, BECAUSE A DIAMOND BLOCK WAS GRIEFED TOO, AND I AM SERIOUSLY ANNOYED.
EDIT2: make it so it can't destroy anything with an inventory, either
+1
My locked chest (a silver one) with all my lumps (there were diamonds too) has been removed...
I guess it's because of the mining laser or drill, because that's the single thing on the server that could do it.

After that, technic is one of the mods I'll always use on singleplayer or multiplayer.
Please fix it !
Last edited by Zeg9 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:09, edited 1 time in total.
I made a few (a lot of?) mods for minetest: here is a list.
See also the MT-Faithful texture pack (work in progress).

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Thanks for reporting problems, i will try to fix it ASAP.

CTMN

by CTMN » Post

RealBadAngel, pls update ur first topic(also pls show the dye recipes).

Actev8

by Actev8 » Post

i need to charge the mineing drill how do i set it up so i get power in to the battery box

CTMN

by CTMN » Post

Connect it to a power source and place the drill in the charging box in the battery box.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Actev8 wrote:i need to charge the mineing drill how do i set it up so i get power in to the battery box
Watch tutorial videos.

Mod updated with some fixes. Added Water and Lava cans recipes on the page.
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Sun Oct 14, 2012 18:02, edited 1 time in total.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Next update: added Flashlight, based on Echo's walking_light mod.

Kacey

by Kacey » Post

i cant download it
it turns out as an unkown file
on a scale of 1 to 10 i am OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

Ooh, can I do a rewrite of your mod, and add ''machine blocks'' used for (almost) every machine?
"All we need it the right major crisis and the nations will accept the new world order."

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

SegFault22 wrote:Ooh, can I do a rewrite of your mod, and add ''machine blocks'' used for (almost) every machine?
You can write somethin if you wish, may happen i will merge it to technic :)

meanwhile mod is updated with new look for battery boxes, fixes to the laser and mining drill so its safe now to dig chests with them. Also tweaked laser a bit for server play.
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Mon Oct 15, 2012 22:51, edited 1 time in total.

Fiberous

by Fiberous » Post

I really like the mod. Are you going to add some equipment for mining and crafting automation like in the MC mods (e.g. quarry and automatic crafting tables with tube hookups)? I tried making something to automatically mine blocks using your block breakers and some movestones that move the block breakers along mese wire and tube tracks, but since you have to build/move the tracks every time it is pretty limited. I then tried building a system to automatically lay tracks while mining out something, but you need to move wires and logic around to get that to work and it doesn't process signals right while it is moving.

I have one other suggestion: I think that right now it is too easy to get electricity to run machines. It seems like it should be really hard, and that there should be problems with every power source (like in real life): coal generators require you to find coal; solar power is unreliable and gives less power; geothermal generators might consume the lava that powers them; oil generators could tend to explode if you don't set them up right (like in MC's Tekkit); nuclear could irradiate everything if you don't set them up right (set up could be very tricky, but would give you a good payoff with lots of power); and water turbines would make more sense if water didn't flow forever (i.e. like that MC limited water mod), but maybe you could do something with making it consuming water. Also, in real life battery storage tends to have about an order of magnatude less capacity than generation, which makes it expensive to turn an unreliable energy source into a reliable one. Powered equipment would still be a huge advantage like this, but it would make getting a good powered setup more interesting.

EDIT: One other thing. I noticed that you can't use the screwdriver to make block breakers and stuff face upwards and downwards. There are probably a lot of cases where people might want to dig or place blocks directly above or below their equipment. I had to work around that when I was trying to make some kind of automatic mining system. It would be cool if you could use the screwdriver to make things face in any direction.
Last edited by Fiberous on Tue Oct 16, 2012 03:15, edited 1 time in total.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Fiberous wrote:I really like the mod. Are you going to add some equipment for mining and crafting automation like in the MC mods (e.g. quarry and automatic crafting tables with tube hookups)? I tried making something to automatically mine blocks using your block breakers and some movestones that move the block breakers along mese wire and tube tracks, but since you have to build/move the tracks every time it is pretty limited. I then tried building a system to automatically lay tracks while mining out something, but you need to move wires and logic around to get that to work and it doesn't process signals right while it is moving.

I have one other suggestion: I think that right now it is too easy to get electricity to run machines. It seems like it should be really hard, and that there should be problems with every power source (like in real life): coal generators require you to find coal; solar power is unreliable and gives less power; geothermal generators might consume the lava that powers them; oil generators could tend to explode if you don't set them up right (like in MC's Tekkit); nuclear could irradiate everything if you don't set them up right (set up could be very tricky, but would give you a good payoff with lots of power); and water turbines would make more sense if water didn't flow forever (i.e. like that MC limited water mod), but maybe you could do something with making it consuming water. Also, in real life battery storage tends to have about an order of magnatude less capacity than generation, which makes it expensive to turn an unreliable energy source into a reliable one. Powered equipment would still be a huge advantage like this, but it would make getting a good powered setup more interesting.

EDIT: One other thing. I noticed that you can't use the screwdriver to make block breakers and stuff face upwards and downwards. There are probably a lot of cases where people might want to dig or place blocks directly above or below their equipment. I had to work around that when I was trying to make some kind of automatic mining system. It would be cool if you could use the screwdriver to make things face in any direction.
the automation will come. since its the begining its hard to make some things work properly...
About rotatin with screwdriver: MT has only 4 facedirs. Engine code shall be changed to have 2 more, up n down.

qwrwed
In-game: qwrwed or Nitro

by qwrwed » Post

Idea: In real life, paper is made from trees. Maybe you could make 2 machines, one of which turns trees into pulp and then white wool or something of a similar colour is added to that pulp(via crafting, i would say dye but white dandelions are just too rare) and then that dyed pulp is put into a machine that turns it into paper. Of course, this machine should be medium voltage(or high when you implement it) because it will make bookcases cheaper.

It would also be good if you added an injector craft recipe, because the feature is awesome :) Also, what do the node breaker and deployer do? On my singleplayer, they (both on and off) just drop the objects going through them as dropped items.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Paper production would be great! Inocudom talked to me about that as well. When advanced machinery and even television are available, paper ought to be cheap. And creating so much new land just to get a few papyrus seems exaggerated - especially since creating new areas seems to slow servers down.

I had a look at how paper is produced. A grinder seems just the right kind of machine, and adding a receipe to turn tree into pulp would be hardly more than one line and creating the craftitem wooden pulp (would need some kind of image...).

We do craft complex things out of liddle more than basic indigrents. It makes sense to craft paper(rolls) out of wooden pulp directly with nothing else. Such a paper roll plus black dye (or coal as an alternative) plus some glue could create a stack of books. Stack of books plus some wood -> half bookshelf (like a panel or vertical slab). This way people who created expensive papyrus bookshelves have no reason to object. Plus panel-like bookshelves are more realistic.

The mod depends on quite a lot of other mods. I'm afraid it is unlikely that server owners will install them all to give their users technic. Only a few parts of the mod actually need the other mods. All those chests and allmost all of the machinery (generators, batteries, furnances, toolshop, grinder etc.) would require no more than moreores to function. Maybe the mod would be used on more servers if those dependencies where turned into a kind of soft dependencies like in homedecor? Or the mod be split up into chests, low-voltage-machines and machines for mesecons? It is a great mod that is fun to play with. It ought to be found on more servers.
A list of my mods can be found here.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

qwrwed wrote:Idea: In real life, paper is made from trees. Maybe you could make 2 machines, one of which turns trees into pulp and then white wool or something of a similar colour is added to that pulp(via crafting, i would say dye but white dandelions are just too rare) and then that dyed pulp is put into a machine that turns it into paper. Of course, this machine should be medium voltage(or high when you implement it) because it will make bookcases cheaper.

It would also be good if you added an injector craft recipe, because the feature is awesome :) Also, what do the node breaker and deployer do? On my singleplayer, they (both on and off) just drop the objects going through them as dropped items.
nodebreaker when got mesecons signal digs the node in front of it and inserts it into tubes
deployer on singal places the node/plants the sapling, seeds from its inventory
both r supposed to work with tubes, as well as injector

bout "paper" machine, its quite good idea

GloopMaster

by GloopMaster » Post

Make the tubes pump into chests. And furnaces. And make a "pump" to take items from a non-injector.

.... And bring me back a toy.
Meow.

That is all.

by 1244 » Post

I have a idea. Could you add a windmill, it produce more energy when it be higher. This energy would be transported by medium voltage copper cable.
My mods:
Barrels, Chemistry

Iqualfragile

by Iqualfragile » Post

1244 wrote:I have a idea. Could you add a windmill, it produce more energy when it be higher. This energy would be transported by medium voltage copper cable.
it would be better to check for a cetrain height and a row of ~10 blocks in front of it to be free but that might turn out to be quite slow…
Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cr8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8.