[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

Pyrollo
Developer
GitHub: pyrollo
In-game: Naj

Re: [Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

by Pyrollo » Post

DoyleChris wrote:Linuxdirk, i used a sticky piston with a piece of lv/mv/hv cable and made it activate from a controller.
Used several times. Works well, takes at least 3 blocks space (1 piston, 1 cable, 1 extra space for other cable pos).
[ Display Modpack ] - [ Digiterms ] - [ Crater MG ] - [ LATE ]

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

Pyrollo wrote:
DoyleChris wrote:Linuxdirk, i used a sticky piston with a piece of lv/mv/hv cable and made it activate from a controller.
Used several times. Works well, takes at least 3 blocks space (1 piston, 1 cable, 1 extra space for other cable pos).
This is what I currently do. But a Mesecons controlled switch just "feels better" (and takes less space for wiring and functionality.).

manarbre
In-game: rabou

by manarbre » Post

Hello all
Is there a way to have a "progressive mode" like in crafting guide mod ?
Or is there a way to disable unified inventory ?
Thanks !

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Post

You shouldn't need unified inventory to use technic. It's not listed as a dependency anywhere. Just turn it off.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

How to make a "network"??
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

Nathan.S

by Nathan.S » Post

I'm guessing you're getting an error message from a machine saying it's not connected to a network. You need to connect your power source, batteries, and machines with power cables.

PolySaken
GitHub: PolySaken-I-Am
In-game: PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

Nathan.S wrote:I'm guessing you're getting an error message from a machine saying it's not connected to a network. You need to connect your power source, batteries, and machines with power cables.
And use a switchbox!
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

I have used 9 "solar panels" and a "power monitor" and a "switchbox" and "hv cables" And it does working
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

h2odragon00

by h2odragon00 » Post

Anyone know how to make a simple connection between MV Grinder and MV Furnace using the Pipework Pnuematic Tube? Whenever I would grind an ore it won't transfer to the furnace. I already added 2 Control Logic Unit on each of them.

MCL
GitHub: MCLx86
IRC: migdyn
In-game: singleplayer

by MCL » Post

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I read the manual and I can't find anything that would help me. The issue is that I have a LV fuel-powered generator wired to a LV furnace and a switching station. The LV furnace doesn't work. When the generator is on, the Switching station says that the demand is 300EU, but the furnace doesn't smelt anything and when I hover over it, it says "LV Furnace Unpowered".
2014-02-14 - 2024-02-14 TEN YEARS OF MCL

Nathan.S

by Nathan.S » Post

migdyn wrote:Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I read the manual and I can't find anything that would help me. The issue is that I have a LV fuel-powered generator wired to a LV furnace and a switching station. The LV furnace doesn't work. When the generator is on, the Switching station says that the demand is 300EU, but the furnace doesn't smelt anything and when I hover over it, it says "LV Furnace Unpowered".
the LV furnace cooks things with power, you want the fuel-fired LV generator to make power.

MCL

by MCL » Post

Did you read the post completely? I said that I have a fuel-fired LV generator connected to a LV furnace and a switching station

h2odragon00

by h2odragon00 » Post

migdyn wrote:Did you read the post completely? I said that I have a fuel-fired LV generator connected to a LV furnace and a switching station
Can you post a screenshot of your setup?

MCL

by MCL » Post

h2odragon00 wrote:
migdyn wrote:Did you read the post completely? I said that I have a fuel-fired LV generator connected to a LV furnace and a switching station
Can you post a screenshot of your setup?
Last edited by MCL on Tue Aug 13, 2019 15:25, edited 1 time in total.

Clyde
GitHub: acmgit
In-game: clyde

by Clyde » Post

Add a Batteriebox to store your generated energy.

Greetings, Clyde.
My Server: Welcome to Zeitsprung - deadsoft.org:49152 Jungle The next Gundul - jungle-tng.deadsoft.org:49152

MCL

by MCL » Post

But I currently don't need to store the energy. I think this should work without a batbox

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

@h2odragon00: The Control Logic Unit makes the mv machine put its items out into a direction if in this direction is a tube. If the items shouldn't leave the furnace afterwards, don't add a control logic unit to it. Try putting tubes next to the grinder on all of its sides to see where the items come out.

@migdyn: The demand is higher than the supply, this setup can't work without a battery box.
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

MCL

by MCL » Post

I checked in creative mode and it worked with a battery box, but I was wondering why, now I now thanks.

neoh4x0r
GitHub: neoh4x0r

by neoh4x0r » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:
Pyrollo wrote:
This is what I currently do. But a Mesecons controlled switch just "feels better" (and takes less space for wiring and functionality.).
Sounds like what needs to be added is a transistor gate (mesecons probably needs one of these too).

Currently in mesecons a "transistor switch" can be simulated using an and-gate with a switch (other signal) as one input and a second input (that represents the output to switched on/off).

Code: Select all

SWITCH (or other signal)============
                                  ||
                                 AND-GATE=====OUTPUT
                                  ||
INPUT signal========================

Truth Table:
============================
| SWITCH  | INPUT | OUTPUT |
| 0       | 0     | 0      |
| 0       | 1     | 0      |
| 1       | 0     | 0      |
| 1       | 1     | 1      |
So, technic could provide variants of the mesecon logic gates (if mesecons is enabled) .

These tehnic-variants--of the logic gates--could check that the input and output cabling match -- such that one universal gate could be created for LV, MV, and HV -- they could also pass on a "signal" that indicates a valid network exists (ie in situations where the output is "off").
Last edited by neoh4x0r on Tue Aug 13, 2019 21:27, edited 1 time in total.

neoh4x0r
GitHub: neoh4x0r

by neoh4x0r » Post

EDIT: any LV machine that can generate the missing 100EU will work....
migdyn wrote: When the generator is on, the Switching station says that the demand is 300EU, but the furnace doesn't smelt anything and when I hover over it, it says "LV Furnace Unpowered".
Clyde wrote:Add a Batteriebox to store your generated energy.
Greetings, Clyde.
migdyn wrote:But I currently don't need to store the energy. I think this should work without a batbox
TL;DR A LV-fuel fired generator only provides 200EU and you need 300EU....so, you need more power (100 EU).

-----------------------
As Clyde said, adding a battery box could help to boost your available power (up to 40,000EU).

It might be possible that you would not be able to charge the battery box at 200EU, since the
charge rate is 1000 EU.

At any rate, you need to add more power-generators to your setup...(easiest solution would be to add a second LV-fuel fired generator).

https://github.com/minetest-mods/techni ... or.lua#L17

technic.register_generator({tier="LV", supply=200})
https://github.com/minetest-mods/techni ... ce.lua#L14

technic.register_electric_furnace({tier="LV", demand={300}, speed = 2})
https://github.com/minetest-mods/techni ... ox.lua#L12

technic.register_battery_box({
	tier           = "LV",
	max_charge     = 40000,
	charge_rate    = 1000,
	discharge_rate = 4000,
	charge_step    = 500,
	discharge_step = 800,
})
Last edited by neoh4x0r on Wed Aug 14, 2019 09:04, edited 1 time in total.

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

neoh4x0r wrote:It might be possible that you would not be able to charge the battery box at 200EU, since the
charge rate is 1000 EU.

At any rate, you need to add more power-generators to your setup...(easiest solution would be to add a second LV-fuel fired generator).
No, you don't need an additional generator. There is no such thing as a minimum charge rate for battery boxes, afaik. They just suck in every power that wasn't used by any machine in the current step and store this power. The battery box will always charge and discharge and the furnace will go on and off.

Btw. looking into the code tells me, charge_rate, discharge_rate, charge_step and discharge_step are only used for tool charging. (See https://github.com/minetest-mods/techni ... ry_box.lua.)
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

FreeGamers
GitHub: is proprietary I use NotABug

by FreeGamers » Post

edit: just answered my own question.

ignore this :)
FreeGamers.org has moved to MeseCraft.net | FreeGamers on this forum is now MeseCraft

MCL

by MCL » Post

This mod is the best one I used so far. I mainly played it in creative for about 2 years, but now I realized its true potential, when I played with it in survival

Stronk

by Stronk » Post

Is there a simple way to make the HV quarry not mine above the level it is placed at? I would really appreciate any guidance or help in figuring this out, if it is possible.

edit:
I went into mods/technic/technic/machines/HV/quarry.lua
and found...

local quarry_dig_above_nodes = 3 -- How far above the quarry we will dig nodes

This is the answer for anyone trying to put a quarry under your base or anything of the sort.

marcoottina
GitHub: lonevetad
In-game: lonevetad

by marcoottina » Post

Hi, I try to add Technic to the world but I got the following error:

2019-10-27 14:40:01: ERROR[Main]: ModError: Unresolved name conflicts for mods "technic_chests", "technic", "extranodes", "concrete", "mesecons_wires", "mesecons_walllever", "technic_cnc", "mesecons_switch", "mesecons_solarpanel", "mesecons_receiver", "mesecons_random", "mesecons_pressurep
2019-10-27 14:40:01: ERROR[Main]: lates", "mesecons_powerplant", "mesecons_doors", "mesecons_lamp", "mesecons_delayer", "mesecons_detector", "mesecons_extrawires", "mesecons_stickyblocks", "mesecons_gates", "mesecons_torch", "mesecons_microcontroller", "mesecons_commandblock", "mesecons",
2019-10-27 14:40:01: ERROR[Main]: "mesecons_pistons", "mesecons_button", "mesecons_hydroturbine", "mesecons_alias", "mesecons_fpga", "mesecons_luacontroller", "mesecons_blinkyplant", "mesecons_insulated", "mesecons_materials", "mesecons_lightstone", "mesecons_movestones", "technic_worldgen
2019-10-27 14:40:01: ERROR[Main]: ", "mesecons_mvps", "mesecons_noteblock".
2019-10-27 14:40:01: ERROR[Main]: Check debug.txt for the details.