Re: [Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

by captenfalkonion » Post

Ok thanks ill try it

barsik
GitHub: bvs23bkv33
In-game: barsik

by barsik » Post

is there a reason that stone dust does not have grinding recipes from silver sand and desert sand?
or all items in sand group?
https://github.com/minetest-mods/technic/issues/573

T6C
In-game: T6C

by T6C » Post

I can't find an entry in the Technic wiki for the chainsaw. How do I use it? I left click it on a tree, but it does nothing. Do I need to charge it? If so, how? I'm a complete beginner to this really complex mod, it's like drinking from a fire hose.

Maverick2797
In-game: Maverick2797

by Maverick2797 » Post

@T6C yes you need to charge it in a battery box before you can use it (same with the sonic screwdriver.) Note that the chainsaw will only cut the tree from the log you click and above, leaving anything below that untouched.
The number you have called is not available during a solar eclipse. This message will self destruct in ten seconds in protest... [BEEP]

T6C

by T6C » Post

Maverick2797 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 13:37
@T6C yes you need to charge it in a battery box before you can use it...
Good to know, thanks. I imagine I need to connect the battery boxes to some energy source, correct? When I do connect all that up, will I be using the cables from mesecons, or is there a special Technic way of energy generation and transmission?

I read something in this thread about the nuclear power plant, which sounds really cool. But I guess it's ridiculously dangerous if you don't know what you're doing—something about meltdowns creating corium which will eventually destroy the world.

Ignaramico
GitHub: ignaramico

by Ignaramico » Post

T6C wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 02:52
Good to know, thanks. I imagine I need to connect the battery boxes to some energy source, correct? When I do connect all that up, will I be using the cables from mesecons, or is there a special Technic way of energy generation and transmission?
Just in case:
To use technic energy resource, you need to have at least one generator, a switch station and a battery for the corresponding energy (lv/mv/hv) for charging stuff you only need to click a battery as if you were clicking a chest, and put the tool you want to charge in the charge square

errant

by errant » Post

Is there a way to access the charge of an RE battery? I want to see if a battery coming through a digiline detecting pipe is charged or not. If not, I could use a mod that does this.

SFENCE
GitHub: SFENCE
In-game: SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

In file tree_tap, line 70

Code: Select all

if minetest.find_node_near(pos, (moretrees and moretrees.leafdecay_radius) or 5, {"moretrees:rubber_tree_leaves"}) then
should be

if minetest.find_node_near(pos, (minetest.global_exists("moretrees") and moretrees.leafdecay_radius) or 5, {"moretrees:rubber_tree_leaves"}) then
to prevent warning like this:

2021-03-31 17:41:07: WARNING[Server]: Undeclared global variable "moretrees" accessed at .../.minetest/mods/hades_technic/technic/tools/tree_tap.lua:70
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

T6C

by T6C » Post

I noticed today that there is no crafting recipe for a silicon lump, and I need one to craft a detecting tube. That's Technic, right (if not, I'll post in the correct thread)? Is a silicon lump something you can mine?

Maverick2797

by Maverick2797 » Post

T6C wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 00:57
I noticed today that there is no crafting recipe for a silicon lump, and I need one to craft a detecting tube. That's Technic, right (if not, I'll post in the correct thread)? Is a silicon lump something you can mine?
Pipeworks, but close enough. You need mesecons_materials:silicon, being from the mesecons modpack. (x3 group:sand and x1 default:steel_ingot.)

Technic, pipeworks and mesecons are all made to work fairly well with each other, and are considered (by some) to be the baseline tech mods. If you have technic, you'd probably have the others as dependencies.
The number you have called is not available during a solar eclipse. This message will self destruct in ten seconds in protest... [BEEP]

T6C

by T6C » Post

Maverick2797 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:11
You need mesecons_materials:silicon, being from the mesecons modpack. (x3 group:sand and x1 default:steel_ingot.)

Technic, pipeworks and mesecons are all made to work fairly well with each other, and are considered (by some) to be the baseline tech mods. If you have technic, you'd probably have the others as dependencies.
Yes, I have all three installed. Strange that no recipe appears in the guide for silicon, though. Thanks!

T6C

by T6C » Post

I've tried every possible configuration of 3x sand (silver sand) and 1x steel ingot (wrought iron ingot) in the crafting grid, and I can't find the one that produces silicon. Am I missing something? I have mesecons, Technic, and pipeworks installed and enabled... I'm thinking the fact that there's no recipe in the guide is connected to my failure to find the configuration.

Edit: Never mind; I figured it out. I could have sworn I tried that recipe... multiple times! ^_^;

T6C

by T6C » Post

I'm finding more things I need that are not in the new built-in 5.4.0 craft guide. Is there a good place to look for recipes that don't show up there, or do I just need to ask here? I went looking in the mod code, but I wasn't able to find much. I'm looking for recipes for these items...
  • carbon plate
  • composite plate
  • stainless steel ingot
  • carbon steel ingot
I did find these two entries in the /technic/items.lua file...

102 minetest.register_craftitem("technic:composite_plate", {
103     description = S("Composite Plate"),
104     inventory_image = "technic_composite_plate.png",
105 })

112 minetest.register_craftitem("technic:carbon_plate", {
113     description = S("Carbon Plate"),
114     inventory_image = "technic_carbon_plate.png",
115 })
But I couldn't find the recipes for either of them or any mention of the other two items. Where can I find recipes (for any mod) that don't appear in the guide? To abuse a metaphor, I'd like to learn to fish rather than be given a fish. ;)

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

T6C wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 01:07
But I couldn't find the recipes for either of them or any mention of the other two items. Where can I find recipes (for any mod) that don't appear in the guide? To abuse a metaphor, I'd like to learn to fish rather than be given a fish. ;)
and as of this:
Maverick2797 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:11
you might have to make sure first that all mods depends ale ALSO newest release

and if then the problem sill occur

check
https://github.com/minetest-mods/technic and use the issue tracker there
as there the last change is 2 months old ... mhh

even we are always told that minetest.net is the ONLY base ...
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

T6C

by T6C » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 01:17
make sure first that all mods depends ale ALSO newest release
Just tried updating with git to be sure. They're all up-to-date, but those recipes still don't appear in the guide.
Festus1965 wrote:
check https://github.com/minetest-mods/technic and use the issue tracker there
I'll post a new issue for this on Github. Looks like there are 60 open issues already.
Festus1965 wrote:
even we are always told that minetest.net is the ONLY base...
I guess this means I'll need to bother this thread whenever I don't understand or can't find something in Technic, then. ^_^; Just wish I had the time to learn Lua properly to contribute when I see things that can be easily fixed. Problem is, if I spent the time to learn Lua and contribute, then I wouldn't have any time to play. :P

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

T6C wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 03:10
Just tried updating with git to be sure. They're all up-to-date, but those recipes still don't appear in the guide.
Then check out in what mod this recipes should be implied and do it yourself,
check if that works
and send the solution onto the same issues tracker and forum
... as with 60 open issues that doesn't look nice or be solved early ...

other option: back to further version where that works fine

(I know what I write here ... are still on 5.2.0 server and older mod versions that worked once)
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

T6C

by T6C » Post

Found my problem. Many of the Technic recipes aren't supported by the default craft guide. At the suggestion of one of the people on Github, I installed Unified Inventory, and I can see those recipes now. It's because many of them went from being made in the furnace to being made in the alloy furnace.

New question. Is there a machine (or method) in Technic to automatically harvest crops, kind of like how the quarry automatically mines? I have several very large farm fields, and it takes a while to do it manually. LOL

Ghaydn
In-game: ghaydn

by Ghaydn » Post

I've made some calculations about uranium and was impressed.
To run а nuclear reactor, you'll need at least 1 fuel rod. To get it, you'll need to dig up 53 uranium lumps, centrifugging will take approx. 14 hours (if you have only one centrifuge and it will run continuously) and you'll get 68 uranium 0% fissile.
To run fully fueled reactor (6 stacks of rods), you'll need to dig up 7466 uranium lumps, centrifugging will take approx. 630 hours and you'll also get 11929 uranium 0% fissile. You need to be in-game whole month 24/7 (apart from the time you spend digging) to run the reactor just once, and it will only work for a week. This is an achievement for the truly ambitious players!
Nobody understands me... — вРН БШ ЯЙЮГЮКХ?

Maverick2797

by Maverick2797 » Post

This is why you run a cascading array of centrifuges. Targeted digtron mining doesn't hurt either. That said, you only need 6 fuel rods to run for a week, not 6 stacks.

jonadab
GitHub: tsadok
IRC: jonadab
In-game: jonadab

by jonadab » Post

From the documentation:
Due to a bug, the side through which outputs are ejected is not consistent: when the machine is rotated one way, the direction of ejection is rotated the other way.
Since I'm starting a new world and prefer to have this bug patched going in, before a bunch of infrastructure gets built, I looked into this. I believe I have tracked it down to the following section in technic/machines/register/common.lua :

-- Output is on the left side of the furnace
        if node.param2 == 3 then pos1.z = pos1.z - 1  z_velocity = -1 end
        if node.param2 == 2 then pos1.x = pos1.x - 1  x_velocity = -1 end
        if node.param2 == 1 then pos1.z = pos1.z + 1  z_velocity =  1 end
        if node.param2 == 0 then pos1.x = pos1.x + 1  x_velocity =  1 end
In particular, I think the z_velocity values are switched, positive for negative and vice versa. This is the patch I'm currently testing:

diff --git a/technic/technic/machines/register/common.lua b/technic/technic/machines/register/common.lua
index 0e7658b..e8238c9 100644
--- a/technic/technic/machines/register/common.lua
+++ b/technic/technic/machines/register/common.lua
@@ -115,10 +115,10 @@ function technic.handle_machine_pipeworks(pos, tube_upgrade, send_function)
        local x_velocity = 0
        local z_velocity = 0

-       -- Output is on the left side of the furnace
-       if node.param2 == 3 then pos1.z = pos1.z - 1  z_velocity = -1 end
+       -- Output should be on the right side of the furnace, or at least consistent
+       if node.param2 == 3 then pos1.z = pos1.z - 1  z_velocity =  1 end
        if node.param2 == 2 then pos1.x = pos1.x - 1  x_velocity = -1 end
-       if node.param2 == 1 then pos1.z = pos1.z + 1  z_velocity =  1 end
+       if node.param2 == 1 then pos1.z = pos1.z + 1  z_velocity = -1 end
        if node.param2 == 0 then pos1.x = pos1.x + 1  x_velocity =  1 end

local output_tube_connected = false
This is only very lightly tested, so do your own verification before deploying; and as the documentation notes, you may not want to fix it for an existing world, because existing workarounds will become wrong, and anything that relies on the buggy version's quirk will break.

But HTH.HAND.

superfloh
GitHub: superfloh247

by superfloh » Post

Hi,

I have a problem with the auto crafter.

My tree farm produces not the correct ratio leaves:trunks of 8:1 to exactly fulfill the auto crafter recipe for mulch (used as fertilizer). It produces more trunks, so eventually the auto crafter stops because it's completely filled with trunks, leaves cannot be inserted anymore.

Is there a solution for this? I have technic, pipeworks, mesecons and digilines available.

1faco
GitHub: minefaco
In-game: faco

by 1faco » Post

superfloh wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 07:18
Hi,

My tree farm produces not the correct ratio leaves:trunks of 8:1 to exactly fulfill the auto crafter recipe for mulch (used as fertilizer). It produces more trunks, so eventually the auto crafter stops because it's completely filled with trunks, leaves cannot be inserted anymore.

Is there a solution for this? I have technic, pipeworks, mesecons and digilines available.
you can use a sorting pneumatic tube, send the leaves to autocrafter and logs to trash/chest/other autocrafter...

1faco
GitHub: minefaco
In-game: faco

by 1faco » Post

1faco wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 02:43
superfloh wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 07:18
Hi,

don't send directly to autocrafter, you can store it in chests, use a stackwise item injector to push leaves and logs at time at autocrafter...

superfloh
GitHub: superfloh247

by superfloh » Post

1faco wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 02:47
don't send directly to autocrafter, you can store it in chests, use a stackwise item injector to push leaves and logs at time at autocrafter...
yes, this is what I did. works well. I just hoped for a more elegant solution.
Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-21 um 12.15.47.png
Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-21 um 12.15.47.png (508.14 KiB) Viewed 3889 times

Maverick2797

by Maverick2797 » Post

I don't have any code on hand, but you can verify the stack size of an item as it passes through a luasorter tube and route it accordingly, throwing an error if you run out of something. event.item.count