[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

ThatGraemeGuy
GitHub: thatgraemeguy
IRC: ThatGraemeGuy
In-game: thatgraemeguy

Re: [Mod] Technic [0.4.10] [technic]

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

With the setup exactly in the screenshot is that supply converter still showing "10000HV -> 9000MV?" You mention that it was saying that, but then you removed the switching station from the HV network & I suspect that supply converter is now not working. You must have a switching station on every tier (LV/MV/HV), so unless there is another switching station on the HV section out of sight (and close enough as well), the setup in the screenshot cannot work.

*edit: Also, that HV battery box showing full charge is no indication of anything, it can charge fully while the HV network is properly set up, and will keep its charge if you remove the switching station, as long as the battery box remains cabled.

Marshall_maz
In-game: Mazal

by Marshall_maz » Post

ThatGraemeGuy wrote:With the setup exactly in the screenshot is that supply converter still showing "10000HV -> 9000MV?" You mention that it was saying that, but then you removed the switching station from the HV network & I suspect that supply converter is now not working. You must have a switching station on every tier (LV/MV/HV), so unless there is another switching station on the HV section out of sight (and close enough as well), the setup in the screenshot cannot work.

*edit: Also, that HV battery box showing full charge is no indication of anything, it can charge fully while the HV network is properly set up, and will keep its charge if you remove the switching station, as long as the battery box remains cabled.
Yes , like I said , the converter shows correctly 10k HV - 9K MV the whole time , with or without a switching station on the MV part. The converter is powered and working.
The HV section where that cable comes from also has a switching station and is in a loaded area of the map.
It comes from my main HV network which works correctly.
So both ends have switching stations and are loaded in the map.

Additional information: While googling to find a solution I have read that there was a limit of only one convertion type per world. Is this still the case ? As I have another HV - MV convertion at home on the same HV network. That conversion works perfectly. I did try and remove that converter as a test but didn't make any change to this one.

Edit: Additional information 2: The switch station at home that is on the HV network also see this converter.
It shows load of 30k. 10k for quarry , 10k for a converter on the home MV network , and 10k for this converter.
So the HV networks seems right , is just behind the converter to MV that the problem is.
The switch station on this MV part also show 30k load. So this switch station see the same as the one at home on the HV part , only difference , this switch station have ( slave ) in brackets at the end.

ThatGraemeGuy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

That is bizarre. There is currently no limit like you mention, I think that's from loooong ago. Our world has several HV->MV converters and also some HV->LV converters, all on the same grid, spanning dozens of mapblocks, no problem at all.

ThatGraemeGuy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

I only noticed the part about the switching station on the MV side showing 30000 demand / slave. I don't know how but that means it's on the HV network. Try moving it to different parts of the MV cable to see if it fixes itself up.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

Check out these readouts:

Converter shows correctly 10k -> 9k
The switch station however shows 100k input. Whis is wrong , that must be 9k input.
So yeah , like you say , that switch station "thinks" it is on the HV network ???
Attachments
Station_readout.jpg
Station_readout.jpg (170.65 KiB) Viewed 912 times
Converter_readout1.jpg
Converter_readout1.jpg (130.8 KiB) Viewed 912 times

ThatGraemeGuy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

Are you using minetest_game with technic as a mod, or some other game with technic built-in?

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

Eurika , it's fixed. I lengthened the cable just a little and put the switch station a little further away. Now it works.
Wow , what a strange problem to get. It's as if the either a. the converted network only kicks in after a few nodes of cable , or b. when the switch station is so close to a HV cable it sees that network.
Attachments
switch_station_working.jpg
switch_station_working.jpg (373.42 KiB) Viewed 912 times

jadis40

by jadis40 » Post

I've been lurking on this forum for a few days now and have played Minetest 0.4.10 over the weekend. I've installed a few mods, including Technic and Unified Inventory.

I have to say I was pretty excited when I came across this mod, but I've encountered a problem of the recipes for a couple of items. I've checked the link for recipes in the first post, but I discovered that at least one has already changed, (low voltage copper cable) so I don't know if those are still accurate.

In particular, the two that aren't coming up with any recipes in UI are TV_LV_Furnace and TV_grinder.

Not sure where this really belongs, but I decided to post it here to see if someone could help me out.
Last edited by jadis40 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 20:38, edited 1 time in total.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

@jadis40

You can find crafting recipes in the code. For technic's LV-machines open this folder on your computer:

/technic/machines/LV/

and look for the machine you want to make (or recipes for use with the machines)

ThatGraemeGuy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

Using unified_inventory, enter "technic" in the search box, and click the magnifying glass for easy access to all technic recipes.

Also not really sure where you are seeing "TV_LV_Furnace" and "TV_grinder". There's an "LV Furnace" and "LV Grinder", recipes for both are definitely shown by unified_inventory.

If you're still not winning, ask some more or visit #minetest-technic on Freenode IRC.

jadis40

by jadis40 » Post

ThatGraemeGuy wrote:Using unified_inventory, enter "technic" in the search box, and click the magnifying glass for easy access to all technic recipes.

Also not really sure where you are seeing "TV_LV_Furnace" and "TV_grinder". There's an "LV Furnace" and "LV Grinder", recipes for both are definitely shown by unified_inventory.

If you're still not winning, ask some more or visit #minetest-technic on Freenode IRC.
Yeah, that's a derp on my part. I wrote down the items that I was having trouble with, and got 'em wrong when I posted. Still, with unified inventory when I click on the icon for the item in the list to the right, it doesn't show up for whatever reason in the grid to the left. Is there an updated version of UI that I don't know about? I'm pretty sure I have the most recent edition of Technic.

I went into the code to get the recipe, so it's not a problem overall...just odd that the recipes for LV_Furnace and LV_Grinder aren't showing up in Unified Inventory for me.

Right now, it appears that I need to dig down deep enough to get diamonds, among other things. :)

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

The constructors don't appear to remember the orientations of the nodes that they take in/put out.

Sunfirel
IRC: Sunfirel
In-game: Sunfirel

by Sunfirel » Post

Very nice mod, but chest inventory textures dont work.
I found a BUG:
In 0.4.10 official 64bit I receive errors about them and see weird colorful boxes when opening chests.

Neuromancer
GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Post

I've been wanting programmable turtles in Minetest for a while now. electrodude512 is starting work on a ComputerCraft like mod and he said the following:
electrodude512 wrote: I don't see turtles as being nearly as important as computers if you have Technic's frames, so I don't plan to immediately add turtles.
I know next to nothing about technic and frames. Are frames programmable like turtles? If so, what language?

ThatGraemeGuy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

I'm not aware of anything called "frames" in Technic. Perhaps he was referring to Minecraft's Technic Pack when making the comment?

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

ThatGraemeGuy wrote: I'm not aware of anything called "frames" in Technic. Perhaps he was referring to Minecraft's Technic Pack when making the comment?
There are frames and motors for it. Just no receipes. And I don't know how far that has progressed. Seems to be in development.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Neuromancer wrote:I've been wanting programmable turtles in Minetest for a while now. electrodude512 is starting work on a ComputerCraft like mod and he said the following:
electrodude512 wrote: I don't see turtles as being nearly as important as computers if you have Technic's frames, so I don't plan to immediately add turtles.
I know next to nothing about technic and frames. Are frames programmable like turtles? If so, what language?
I'm not sure this is what you're looking for, but mentioning turtles reminded me of this mod from jin-xi:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6997#p106876

Nore
Developer
GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Post

Frames can't be programmed, they are mesecons-controlled items for making multinode devices, so you have to pair them with a LuaController from mesecons.

Miner59

by Miner59 » Post

Hi,
I have no recipes for lv_grinder and lv_electric_furnace too, like jadis40.

Here is a screenshot:

I think you need to fix the crafting recipes for both machines, because they have no "lv_" before their name.

Here is what you need to change:

/technic/machines/lv/electric_furnace.lua

Code: Select all

--old
	output = 'technic:electric_furnace', 

--new
	output = 'technic:lv_electric_furnace', --add lv_

/technic/machines/lv/grinder.lua

--old
minetest.register_alias("grinder", "technic:grinder") 
minetest.register_craft({
	output = 'technic:grinder', 

--new
minetest.register_alias("grinder", "technic:grinder", "lv_grinder", "technic:lv_grinder") --maybe better register more names as alias
minetest.register_craft({
	output = 'technic:lv_grinder', --add lv_

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

Hi all ,

Can somebody help me in explaining how the constructor works and what it does.

I checked the technic manual but it's not in there.

Thanx

Cryterion
GitHub: Cryterion
IRC: Cryterion
In-game: Cryterion

by Cryterion » Post

Hi

had a bit of a problem trying to register an mv machine to be used in another mod, and found the following code changed fixed the naming convention error I kept getting

in /technic/technic/machines/register/machine_base.lua

line 126

minetest.register_node("technic:"..ltier.."_"..machine_name, {
change it to

minetest.register_node(":technic:"..ltier.."_"..machine_name, {
and line 158

minetest.register_node(":technic:"..ltier.."_"..machine_name.."_active",{
changed it to

minetest.register_node(":technic:"..ltier.."_"..machine_name.."_active",{
It still keeps technic functional, but will allow other mods to register lv,mv and hv machines if they wish to use the technic functions.
No trees or animals were hurt in the production of this message. However, a large number of Electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

DuDraig
IRC: DuDraig
In-game: DuDraig

by DuDraig » Post

The technic manual says that
Generally, powered machines of MV and HV tiers can work with pneumatic tubes, and those of lower tiers cannot. (As an exception, the fuel-fired furnace from the basic Minetest game can accept inputs through tubes, but can't output into tubes.)
I've confirmed that the tubes will not connect at all to an LV furnace, and will input material to a coal furnace but a filter will not take the product out.

My question is: why? Is this by design, a bug, or an unimplemented function. It seems to make no sense that an LV furnace can not accept and deliver materials via pipeworks tubes as can MV and HV furnaces.

The Mintest server I'm on disabled MV and HV machines because of the rise in server lag they created, so we only have LV machines available. The inability of LV machines to accept pipes is crippling to most automation, so I'm wondering if there is a reason for this.

ThatGraemeGuy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

I'm pretty sure the lack of tube support for LV is intentional, the idea being that if you want automation you must upgrade to MV machines.

A fuel-fired furnace should definitely work with a filter pulling items from it, perhaps your server admin disabled that too?

Sounds like you might want to find a better server, I have dozens of tubed MV machines on VanessaE's survival server and up to 10 HV quarries running at a time, and I've seen several other players with similar massive automation of MV machines, and there is no discernable lag on the server. And that's saying a lot considering I'm in South Africa, where we have some pretty crappy Internet connectivity sometimes.

DuDraig
IRC: DuDraig
In-game: DuDraig

by DuDraig » Post

Thanks for the reply ThatGraemeGuy. I've been delving the technic code and have come to the same conclusion that the lack of pipe support in LV machines is by design. Although it still makes no functional sense since a conveyance system is completely separate from the tech level of the machine to/from which items are conveyed. Besides, if LV machines can't use pipes, why do they show pipe connection textures?

I found that this server is using an older version of pipeworks and technic that does not allow output from a fuel furnace. Using the current versions in my own server, the fuel furnace works just fine with input and output.

However, the LV furnace will not take input nor send output through a pipe, and the MV furnace will take input but not send output. The LV lack of input is because the node does not have the "tube" group as does MV. This is by design. The lack of output in MV seems to be a technic bug where the node field "input_inventory" is not assigned the name of the furnace product inventory list "dst" as it is in the overrides for the default fuel furnace. Pipeworks needs this field to identify the inventory list of products to send.

At least I now understand the coding reasons for these behaviors. I still think the lack of pipe functions for LV machines makes no realistic sense, especially since the fuel furnace has full pipe functionality. If there are reasons for this, I'd like to hear them.

ThatGraemeGuy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

The main reason is to give you more incentive to upgrade than simply "they're faster". After all, if you find LV to be too slow you can just build more machines to compensate.

MV machines will eject their output to tubes if you place at least 1 control logic unit in the machine's upgrade slot. Add a second control logic unit to increase the rate that it ejects items. Pipeworks filter/injectors do not work for taking things from MV machines.