[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

Dartmouth

Re: [Mod] Technic [0.4.11] [technic]

by Dartmouth » Post

There's a difference between blocks and nodes. Nodes are the cubes and other shapes that you run around on, while blocks are large sections of these (I'm not sure how large the mapblocks are, there are also mapchunks, which are 5*5*5 blocks iirc, but don't quote me on that)
Using 1-2 blocks in the admin anchor seems to work fine for me :)

ShadowAce

by ShadowAce » Post

Technic assistance requested!

Can someone *please* list the steps (or point me to a web page with them) to create a Grinder, starting from the raw ore?

From everything I've seen and researched, it looks to me like there is a circular loop going on--one needs a grinder to make stainless steel, but one needs stainless steel to make a grinder.

I really do not want to "cheat" with the /giveme command. I want to do this within the Minetest environment.

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

ShadowAce wrote:Technic assistance requested!

Can someone *please* list the steps (or point me to a web page with them) to create a Grinder, starting from the raw ore?

From everything I've seen and researched, it looks to me like there is a circular loop going on--one needs a grinder to make stainless steel, but one needs stainless steel to make a grinder.

I really do not want to "cheat" with the /giveme command. I want to do this within the Minetest environment.
You are looking at the recipe for the MV Grinder which needs more stuff and infrastructure than the LV Grinder. Look at that one and you will be able to build it.

Dartmouth

by Dartmouth » Post

Yes, at first I was puzzled too, but @LionsDen is right, you have to work your way up the tiers of machines

ShadowAce

by ShadowAce » Post

LionsDen wrote:
You are looking at the recipe for the MV Grinder which needs more stuff and infrastructure than the LV Grinder. Look at that one and you will be able to build it.
Ahh--Thank you.

hb.operandi
In-game: Belle

by hb.operandi » Post

A nice in between of cheat and help is to use unified inventory to see the recipes. You don't need to give yourself any and it'd be more useful for research then to be turned off. The great thing is you can reverse the steps,

i.e. How do I make a boat.
[ ][ ][ ]
[x][ ][x]
[x][x][x]

Where x is wood planks, don't know how to make that, click on the material and it'll show you how to make that. It' goes back as far as dig, or chop. You can click on any item (loaded into the directory) from your mods...if you enable creative mode you can see even more.

Personally I use the crap out of it but that's just my builder playing style. But I respect those who want a pure game experience. But seriously some of these recipes get complicated. Just a thought.
There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. Its knack lies in learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties."

my other life
http://hboperandi.blogspot.com/

ShadowAce

by ShadowAce » Post

I've tried and tried, and researched, and looked through the lua files for the code, but I cannot create an lv_cable.

I've used 3 copper ingots in the crafting table, but nothing appears. I also cannot find the code anywhere in the mod files.

Do I need to DL another module?

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

ShadowAce wrote:I've tried and tried, and researched, and looked through the lua files for the code, but I cannot create an lv_cable.

I've used 3 copper ingots in the crafting table, but nothing appears. I also cannot find the code anywhere in the mod files.

Do I need to DL another module?
Checking Unified Inventory, you need 6 paper and 3 copper.

PPP
CCC
PPP

Where P is paper and C is copper ingots.

ShadowAce

by ShadowAce » Post

LionsDen wrote:
Checking Unified Inventory, you need 6 paper and 3 copper.

PPP
CCC
PPP

Where P is paper and C is copper ingots.
Paper!! I was thinking rubber for the cable casing. Thank you!

DoyleChris
In-game: DoyleChris

by DoyleChris » Post

Well you need 6 paper and 3 copper for LV cable then 6 rubber and 3 LV Cable for MV Cable then 6 plastic and 3 MV Cables for HV Cable.

ShadowAce

by ShadowAce » Post

I appreciate the help I've received so far--I have one more request.

I have installed Unified Inventory so I have the crafting guide. It is telling me that to create a brass ingot, I need 2 copper and 1 zinc ingot. I have tried every sort of combination I could think of, but am not getting the brass ingot.

Any ideas?

Dartmouth

by Dartmouth » Post

Did you look at how you need to combine the copper and zinc ingots?

Edit: Just checked, Unified_inventory says "Method: Alloying", so you will need an alloy furnace.

Ferk
GitHub: Ferk

by Ferk » Post

Dartmouth wrote:There's a difference between blocks and nodes. Nodes are the cubes and other shapes that you run around on, while blocks are large sections of these (I'm not sure how large the mapblocks are, there are also mapchunks, which are 5*5*5 blocks iirc, but don't quote me on that.
I think the blocks are 16x16x16 nodes.
So the mapchunks are 80x80x80 (16*5 = 80).
The ground-level mapchunk starts at y=-32 and ends at y=47

But you can configure how many blocks a mapchunk has in the minetest.conf settings.
{ ☠ Dungeontest ☠ , ᗧ••myarcade•• }

ShadowAce

by ShadowAce » Post

Dartmouth wrote:Did you look at how you need to combine the copper and zinc ingots?

Edit: Just checked, Unified_inventory says "Method: Alloying", so you will need an alloy furnace.
OK--I am finally getting the hang of this. It's getting more fun as I learn new things.

Thanks for all your help!!

alvinomaster
In-game: alvinomaster

by alvinomaster » Post

Does'nt work
you think it is a very extreme mod but no!!!
Does'nt work i tried to put water can result nothing
Try to use battery box: shows it has no network
try to build a nuclear reactor not working.How can be this a good and famous mod if it has no use!!!..to bored from it only chests and simple building blocks work or have a use... Recomend not to download it untill its fixed..
read many posts about it but no!!!...its just a peace of crap[/color]
either this post should be removed or the mod should be fixed...
If i am wrong please correct mee!

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Clearly you're trying to shortcut the process of using this mod. Others have had no issues at all using it. Your battery box has no network because you aren't using a switching station and the proper cabling. The basic configuration of a network is:

Code: Select all

[power source] [Battbox] [switching station]
      ||           ||             ||
      =========================================== --> load
...where "power source" is something like solar arrays, fuel-fired generators, wind turbines, etc., "load" is the thing drawing the power, and the "======" are the power cables of the appropriate type.

A nuclear reactor will serve as a HV power source assuming you built it correctly - i.e. with the right layers of water, stainless steel, blast-resistant concrete, and optionally regular concrete, and that you have filled it with nuclear fuel rods, and connected it to a proper HV power network similar to the above.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Ivà
GitHub: melzua
IRC: melzua
In-game: melzua

by Ivà » Post

@alvinomaster, the mod is ok. I recommend you to join a server where this mod is enabled and ask other players or look some examples of how they builds technic stuff.

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

HI! great mod!!

I have noticed some bugs and naming errors:

In the water_mill lua 83,96 the line reads: technic_run, it should be: technic_run = run,

Also,
Lv grinder is just named techncs:grinder, it needs the lv part....
the craft for the lv grinder should be:

Code: Select all

minetest.register_alias("grinder", "technic:lv_grinder")
minetest.register_craft({
	output = 'technic:lv_grinder',
	recipe = {
		{'default:desert_stone', 'default:diamond',        'default:desert_stone'},
		{'default:desert_stone', 'technic:machine_casing', 'default:desert_stone'},
		{'technic:granite',      'technic:lv_cable0',      'technic:granite'},
	}
})

technic.register_grinder({tier="LV", demand={200}, speed=1})
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

DoyleChris

by DoyleChris » Post

Is it possible to move a rector after its built.
I would like to move it in the y+ direction.
Can i take the fuel out, dissconnect network and dissasamble and move then reassamble.

Dartmouth

by Dartmouth » Post

That should work, I'd start by removing the fuel and waiting for the reactor to stop before continuing to disassemble it, to avoid a meltdown

Jesseman1
In-game: Jesseman1 or Plant_Operator

by Jesseman1 » Post

Hi, I'm trying to build an automated centrifuge system to create uranium fuel rods using a working layout depicted earlier in this thread, but I keep having output problems(Every centrifuge has a control logic unit). At first, I set up the centrifuges on the same level, side-by-side, exactly like in the layout, but despite each one being hooked up to a sorting tube(also exactly like in the layout), the output would constantly end up being placed directly in the adjacent centrifuges without being sorted. This required me to manually sort them, which takes a rediculously long time. To solve the issue, I set the centrifuges to be at alternating levels, but now the output isn't going anywhere. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Dartmouth

by Dartmouth » Post

The centrifuges need to be oriented in a special direction for the output to actually work, although I don't know why this is or how it works... I uploaded a small singlenode map that has a full enrichment system on it a few pages back in the thread, you could have a look at that.

DoyleChris

by DoyleChris » Post

Tonight i can explain which direction they need to be to work.

Dartmouth

by Dartmouth » Post

DoyleChris wrote:Tonight i can explain which direction they need to be to work.
That would interest me a lot. I've just been working my way there by trial and error, but somehow I haven't found a pattern yet...

DoyleChris

by DoyleChris » Post

I was in the same boat.
Question i got is do you have enough power to run 35 cents.