[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

sawik wrote:I constantly get error like "unable to load and run [...]technic/technic/init.lua"...
Can you copy here the ERROR-lines from the 'debug.txt' line?

sawik
GitHub: Sawiq
In-game: Sawik

by sawik » Post

Topywo wrote:
sawik wrote:I constantly get error like "unable to load and run [...]technic/technic/init.lua"...
Yes, here You are:
Spoiler
-------------
Separator
-------------

18:53:00: ACTION[main]: WARNING: Mod name conflict detected: "doors"
18:53:00: ACTION[main]: Will not load: /usr/share/games/minetest/games/minetest_game/mods/doors
18:53:00: ACTION[main]: Overridden by: /home/sawik/.minetest/mods/doors
[Habitat] Loaded!
[moreores] loaded.
[moreblocks] loaded.
[UnifiedDyes] Loaded!
[stairsplus] loaded.
[riesenpilz] Loaded!
[Plantlife Library] Loaded
[Moretrees] Loaded (2013-02-11)
[Mod] Mole Hills [0.0.3] [molehills] Loaded...
[Mod] Trunks [0.1.4] [trunks] Loaded...
[Mod] Wood Soils [0.0.9] [woodsoils] Loaded...
[Poison Ivy] Loaded.
[Flowers] Loaded.
[Mod] Along the Shore [0.0.4] [along_shore] Loaded...
[Plants] Loaded!
[Mod] Inventory Tweak _loaded
[Mod] Cave Stuff [0.0.3] [cavestuff] Loaded...
[OK] Mesecons
Pipeworks loaded!
18:53:00: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
18:53:00: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
18:53:00: ERROR[main]: /home/sawik/.minetest/mods/technic/technic/init.lua:
18:53:00: ERROR[main]: ...ik/.minetest/mods/technic/technic/machines/HV/quarry.lua:160: attempt to index global 'pipeworks' (a nil value)
18:53:00: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
18:53:00: ERROR[main]: ...ik/.minetest/mods/technic/technic/machines/HV/quarry.lua:160: in main chunk
18:53:00: ERROR[main]: [C]: in function 'dofile'
18:53:00: ERROR[main]: ...awik/.minetest/mods/technic/technic/machines/HV/init.lua:7: in main chunk
18:53:00: ERROR[main]: ...e/sawik/.minetest/mods/technic/technic/machines/init.lua:8: in main chunk
18:53:00: ERROR[main]: /home/sawik/.minetest/mods/technic/technic/init.lua:35: in main chunk
18:53:00: ERROR[main]: ======= END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
18:53:00: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run /home/sawik/.minetest/mods/technic/technic/init.lua
18:53:00: ERROR[main]: ModError: ModError: Failed to load and run /home/sawik/.minetest/mods/technic/technic/init.lua
It looks like technic loads itself before pipeworks...

ShadowNinja
Developer
GitHub: ShadowNinja
IRC: ShadowNinja
In-game: ShadowNinja

by ShadowNinja » Post

We need the full error message to determine what the issue is. Run minetest from a terminal and copy the output, or copy the relevant part of debug.txt.

Unrelated: This is my 100th post! \o/

UOAbigail

by UOAbigail » Post

Greetings
sawik wrote:
Topywo wrote:
Yes, here You are:
Spoiler
-------------
Separator
-------------

18:53:00: ACTION[main]: WARNING: Mod name conflict detected: "doors"
18:53:00: ACTION[main]: Will not load: /usr/share/games/minetest/games/minetest_game/mods/doors
18:53:00: ACTION[main]: Overridden by: /home/sawik/.minetest/mods/doors
[Habitat] Loaded!
[moreores] loaded.
[moreblocks] loaded.
[UnifiedDyes] Loaded!
[stairsplus] loaded.
[riesenpilz] Loaded!
[Plantlife Library] Loaded
[Moretrees] Loaded (2013-02-11)
[Mod] Mole Hills [0.0.3] [molehills] Loaded...
[Mod] Trunks [0.1.4] [trunks] Loaded...
[Mod] Wood Soils [0.0.9] [woodsoils] Loaded...
[Poison Ivy] Loaded.
[Flowers] Loaded.
[Mod] Along the Shore [0.0.4] [along_shore] Loaded...
[Plants] Loaded!
[Mod] Inventory Tweak _loaded
[Mod] Cave Stuff [0.0.3] [cavestuff] Loaded...
[OK] Mesecons
Pipeworks loaded!
18:53:00: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
18:53:00: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
18:53:00: ERROR[main]: /home/sawik/.minetest/mods/technic/technic/init.lua:
18:53:00: ERROR[main]: ...ik/.minetest/mods/technic/technic/machines/HV/quarry.lua:160: attempt to index global 'pipeworks' (a nil value)
18:53:00: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
18:53:00: ERROR[main]: ...ik/.minetest/mods/technic/technic/machines/HV/quarry.lua:160: in main chunk
18:53:00: ERROR[main]: ...awik/.minetest/mods/technic/technic/machines/HV/init.lua:7: in main chunk
18:53:00: ERROR[main]: ...e/sawik/.minetest/mods/technic/technic/machines/init.lua:8: in main chunk
18:53:00: ERROR[main]: /home/sawik/.minetest/mods/technic/technic/init.lua:35: in main chunk
18:53:00: ERROR[main]: ======= END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
18:53:00: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run /home/sawik/.minetest/mods/technic/technic/init.lua
18:53:00: ERROR[main]: ModError: ModError: Failed to load and run /home/sawik/.minetest/mods/technic/technic/init.lua
It looks like technic loads itself before pipeworks...
I am not anywhere near an expert at lua.. but it looks like pipeworks was loaded before technic due to the 'pipeworks loaded' line before the error line.

A quick text search of the quarry file on the git version I downloaded a few days ago comes up with 3 references to pipeworks:

recipe = { {"default:steelblock", "pipeworks:filter",

local tube_item = pipeworks.tube_item(vector.new(pos), item)

meta:set_string("owner", placer:get_player_name()) pipeworks.scan_for_tube_objects(pos)

I would check that the item 'pipeworks:filter' exists (was defined as existing anyways) in order to eliminate that line as a suspect.

Next I would check that the tube.item line had properly defined the tube name (Older versions of technic used old tube_000000 instead of tube_1 naming convention apparently)

then I would look for the scan_for_tube_objects function (I am assuming it is a function that is defined somewhere) to ensure no accidental misspellings have happened to make the function name different.

I may be way off on this.. but at least it is where I would look.

Peace
UOAbigail

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

ShadowNinja, the debug.txt ERRORS are in the spoiler of post 727.

I unzipped and enabled the latest technic, pipeworks, mesecons, moreores and moreblocks. Although missing some texture files, technic loaded. I use a 19 March 2014 minetest version.

My advice is to update the mods, and if you already have the latest, try to update to the latest minetest-dev version (github).

(You wrote your using Minetest 4.9 provided in debian testing repo. Maybe that one doesn't work with the latest technic and pipeworks.)

If it perhaps is the loading order of mods. There have been post about that (also recently) but I've not found them yet.

sawik

by sawik » Post

Thanks for quick answers! :)

Updating mesecons and pipeworks solved the problem :)

JPRuehmann

by JPRuehmann » Post

Hello

I have tons of the following error messeg what can I do?

ore node 'technic:uranium_mineral' not defined

Thanks,
JPR

gsmanners

by gsmanners » Post

If you're getting not defined messages, it's probably because you didn't activate the whole modpack. You need to include stuff like technic_worldgen as well as technic and the other mods included.

JPRuehmann

by JPRuehmann » Post

Hello

Everything but the worldgen is active. If I activate the worldgen nothing changes I still get tons of the error.

ERROR[ServerThread]: Ore::resolveNodeNames: ore node 'technic:uranium_mineral' not definedOre::resolveNodeNames: ore node 'technic:uranium_mineral'

Thanks,

UOAbigail

by UOAbigail » Post

Greetings ;)
JPRuehmann wrote:Hello

Everything but the worldgen is active. If I activate the worldgen nothing changes I still get tons of the error.

ERROR[ServerThread]: Ore::resolveNodeNames: ore node 'technic:uranium_mineral' not definedOre::resolveNodeNames: ore node 'technic:uranium_mineral'

Thanks,

If you have the latest git version of technic.. at least as of about the 14th of March, which I believe is the one I have, if you open the oregen.lua file.. right at the top is the following:

Code: Select all

minetest.register_ore({
    ore_type       = "scatter",
    ore            = "technic:mineral_uranium",
    wherein        = "default:stone",
    clust_scarcity = 10*10*10,
    clust_num_ores = 4,
    clust_size     = 3,
    height_min     = -300,
    height_max     = -80,
})
note.. it says technic:mineral_uranium within the code and not technic:uranium_mineral

then.. in nodes.lua, it has the following:

Code: Select all

minetest.register_node( ":technic:mineral_uranium", {
    description = "Uranium Ore",
    tiles = { "default_stone.png^technic_mineral_uranium.png" },
    is_ground_content = true,
    groups = {cracky=3},
    sounds = default.node_sound_stone_defaults(),
    drop = 'craft "technic:uranium" 1',
}) 
also says technic:mineral_uranium anot not technic:uranium_mineral.

check those 2 files on your copy and see if they both match. I would suggest that if they do not both match.. change them to match.. *or* optionally, copy each segment of code and paste it back in as an additional section of code and make 1 set of them say technic:mineral_uranium and the other say technic:uranium_mineral.

This might resolve your error... however, if the second method is chosen (making additional nore/ore register) you will have 2x the number of uranium spawns.

Hope this helps.

Peace
UOAbigail

*edited to remove additional erroneous comment on my part.. both nodes, if defined, would drop the same ore and not different ore.
Last edited by UOAbigail on Tue Apr 01, 2014 23:23, edited 1 time in total.

JPRuehmann

by JPRuehmann » Post

Hello

@UOAbigail
I cecked the two files they are as you posted

but where the technik:uranium_mineral comes from?

Thanks,
JPR

JPRuehmann

by JPRuehmann » Post

Hello, I have found it.

displayblocks/technic.lua
Row 10 and 21
change technic:uranium_mineral to technic:mineral_uranium

now it works.
Thanks,
JPR

gsmanners

by gsmanners » Post

What's to become of this now that moreores is basically stallled? I don't want to include moreores in my game if nobody's working on it, but it would be nice to at least have tin, and then maybe make silver and mithril strictly optional.

Is frames a thing? Because windmills are kind of meh for me, but it would be nice to have some alternative mv generators. Maybe I could work on a oil barrel mod, but then we'd have to have oil in mapgen or something like that. Hmm...

Speaking of generators, do we really need a diamond to make a water mill? That seems kind of expensive to me. Maybe something like steel gears would suffice for that. I don't know, but it seems kind of pointless to use a water mill as it is (I mean, unless you have some strong aversion to lava).

EDIT: I went ahead and did up a lite version of moreores. Let me know what you all think.

Here are some caveats:
Some more caveats about Technic:

- In technic/technic/machines/LV/electric_furnace.lua

The recipe has a couple of fixes needed:

--> output = 'technic:lv_electric_furnace',
--> 'default:copper_ingot'

- The grinder.lua is missing a prefix:

--> output = 'technic:lv_grinder',

- technic/technic/machines/other/init.lua

The frames.lua thing seems kind of iffy to me:

--if minetest.get_modpath("mesecons_mvps") ~= nil then
-- dofile(path.."/frames.lua")
--end

- In technic/technic/machines/register/alloy_furnace.lua

One reference to "moreores:bronze_ingot" --> "default:bronze_ingot".

- In technic/technic/tools/mining_drill.lua

One reference to "moreores:copper_ingot" --> "default:copper_ingot"

- In grinder_recipes.lua

Texture errors occur when doing the string of "register_dust" functions. Those really need to check for whether glooptest and moreores are installed. For moreores-lite, you'll need to remove the reference to mithril and silver.

- In technic/technic/textures

blank.png is missing

- In technic/technic_chests/gold_chest.lua

The recipe uses silver_chest, which I removed from the lite version of moreores, so that would present a problem.

- Batteries should be stackable in their uncharged form to reduce the pain of crafting things like mv battboxes or hv battboxes. Charging the battery would then involve changing the item from a craft item to a tool (somehow).
Attachments
moreores-lite.zip
(9.11 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
Last edited by gsmanners on Tue Apr 08, 2014 15:49, edited 1 time in total.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

A light version of technic has also been asked for for some time and would be nice to have. Just the basic machines, no mod dependencies, no quarrys.
A list of my mods can be found here.

sawik

by sawik » Post

But I would have another request - autofarming -> for example a machine which would "dig" plants like player does and another which would plant the seeds? With mese sandtube prom pipeworks mod it would be a nice combination :)

Sorry if someone else proposed it earlier ;)

gsmanners

by gsmanners » Post

I second the idea for the auto harvester. If I could pipe that into a grinder and make biomass for a specialized generator, that might be a perfect low-cost mv solution (for those who don't mind the extra time and effort, of course).

ShadowNinja
Developer
GitHub: ShadowNinja
IRC: ShadowNinja
In-game: ShadowNinja

by ShadowNinja » Post

sawik wrote:I have a request: auto farming. For example a machine which would "dig" plants like player does and another which would plant the seeds.
Try using the node breaker and deployer from pipeworks.

gsmanners

by gsmanners » Post

Wow. Node breaker on each piece of wheat? That would be one heckofa expensive harvester.

Oh, wait. How about a node breaker on piston tape? Would that even work? I can kind of visualize it, but I don't know.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

gsmanners wrote:Wow. Node breaker on each piece of wheat? That would be one heckofa expensive harvester.

Oh, wait. How about a node breaker on piston tape? Would that even work? I can kind of visualize it, but I don't know.
from mc, but...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-oTraB_6cA

gsmanners

by gsmanners » Post

I was thinking along these lines: http://ftbwiki.org/Harvester

Technic is probably more about industry, I guess, than forestry. Maybe pipeworks can do something like that.

What would really cool is something like a Thermal Centrifuge (I think http://ftbwiki.org/Industrial_Centrifuge but with the recipe on http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index. ... _Resources or something like that).

sawik

by sawik » Post

Maybe You are right. Still It will be awesome :) Also Idea of biomass energy generator is interesting & this belongs definitely to technic...

gsmanners

by gsmanners » Post

Biomass is all kinds of complicated, though. It goes a little into forestry, beekeeping, and every kind of pipes and wiring you can imagine. Would be heck in a handbasket trying to get it all debugged.

gsmanners

by gsmanners » Post

I just want to add that nuclear power is awesome. I just wish that I could get it to power up my MV battboxes, though. I ain't crazy enough to make a HV battbox (5 MV battboxes = tons of batts, which is a whole heap of work in the workbench even with automation).

IthegeekRS

Re: [Mod] Technic [0.4.7] [technic]

by IthegeekRS » Post

My stuff wont power on even if its connected... Using technic_game with no extra mods. :(

Excalibur Zero
GitHub: ExcaliburZero

Re: [Mod] Technic [0.4.7] [technic]

by Excalibur Zero » Post

IthegeekRS wrote:My stuff wont power on even if its connected... Using technic_game with no extra mods. :(
Have you seen this video on how to setup technic machines?