[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

chris36202 wrote:how do i make a node bracker give me the crafting dude
Your question made me curious. If you look in the technic folder, you'll find a file called "node_breaker.lua" I think this is what you're looking for.

Doubleclick on it, and you'll see how you craft it.

minetest.register_craft({
output = 'technic:nodebreaker_off 1',
recipe = {
{'default:wood', 'default:pick_mese','default:wood'},
{'default:stone', 'mesecons:piston','default:stone'},
{'default:stone', 'mesecons:mesecon','default:stone'},

}
})

Works also with other .lua files. Most of the times the craft recipe is in init.lua, sometimes in craft.lua and sometimes in another .lua, like here.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

in a few days i will update topic with new items that are already added and those coming very soon
stay tuned :)

GloopMaster

by GloopMaster » Post

*bumps topic because you cant seem to do it yourself :P*
Meow.

That is all.

chris36202

by chris36202 » Post

NICE NEW UPDATE :)
chris mcleod
my windows live mesgener name is rock36202

chris36202

by chris36202 » Post

how do you use the Medium Voltage Copper ?
chris mcleod

madarexxx

by madarexxx » Post

Does tubes working?
Sorry for my bad English, please help me learn it - correct my worst mistakes :)

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

I heard that you are making objects for this mod that will use mesecons. Is this true? If so, will this mod eventually interact with mesecons? The two would fit quite well together.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

MV copper wires will be used for next tier of machines.

Technic already has two machines controlled by mesecons signals.
Node breaker and Deployer. More will come.

qwrwed(not logged in)

by qwrwed(not logged in) » Post

RealBadAngel wrote:MV copper wires will be used for next tier of machines.

Technic already has two machines controlled by mesecons signals.
Node breaker and Deployer. More will come.
What do they and zinc do? and is there any way to get rubber except for those rare trees? (pipeworks recipes aren't working on Calinou's server, so i cant get a treetap)

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Pipeworks are needed by technic and recipes are provided by technic.
So ask Calinou to take a look whats goin on. By now only treetap can be used to collect caoutchouc. And its the only way to get rubber.
Zinc will be used to create brass alloy.
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Mon Oct 08, 2012 21:32, edited 1 time in total.

chris36202

by chris36202 » Post

when will the new update come send me a emil when ok
chris mcleod

qwrwed
In-game: qwrwed or Nitro

by qwrwed » Post

RealBadAngel wrote:Pipeworks are needed by technic and recipes are provided by technic.
So ask Calinou to take a look whats goin on. By now only treetap can be used to collect caoutchouc. And its the only way to get rubber.
Zinc will be used to create brass alloy.
I have, twice.

chris36202

by chris36202 » Post

so are you gunna make wind power and robots emil me if you think that is cool
chris mcleod

chris36202

by chris36202 » Post

that will be nice
chris mcleod

vtty0

by vtty0 » Post

Hello.
I apologies for the request, it seems to be asked earlier here, but...
Can you please add items "electric lamp", "button" and "lever" to mod?
And, when you'll add nuclear reactor, could you please add new material - graphit - to make:
1. reactor control unit (increases or decreases output power).
2. making defence from radiation at uranium fuel storage and reactor room.

Also please add hits loosing feature close to uranium.
Thanks!
Last edited by vtty0 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 13:56, edited 1 time in total.

qwrwed

by qwrwed » Post

The new wires don't connect to the bottom of solar panels.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

qwrwed wrote:The new wires don't connect to the bottom of solar panels.
Those wires will be used for next generation machines.

GloopMaster

by GloopMaster » Post

New Wires: they are MV (Medium Voltage) cables, they dont connect to LV (Low Voltage) machinery.

Electric Lamps: i believe someone has made one. didnt use the api though, so it didnt work.

Buttons and Levers: What do you think this is, mesecons? A hand crank would make sense. (stand there whacking it, it supplies power.)

Pipeworks: are you sure you are using TECHNIC's recipe for them, not PIPEWORK's recipe?
Meow.

That is all.

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

I have a few ideas:
-Compressor
A machine that compresses stuff into other stuff, and works at the same speed/input of a grinder. Can compress 2 sand into 1 sandstone, rather than the wasteful 4 sand needed to make 1 in crafting.

-Separator (extractor, if you will)
A machine that extracts up to 4 different types of products from one input. Can be used to remove Mythril from Doped Silicon, and separate Lead, Uranium, and Thorium from stuff described next. Possibly crafted with 2 grinders, a stainless-steel wire-mesh, and 6 stainless steel ingots or something.

-''Radioactive Oblivion''
Instead of lame Uranium ore - why not make it (just a little bit) harder to get that expensive Nuclear Reactor Fuel, in exchange for a few more awesome features? The ore looks like more of a dense ore with a stone vein in it, rather than stone with an ore vein in it. It drops 8 clumps of ''radioactive stuff'', and when each is put in a separator, it gives 2-4 Lead nuggets, 1-2 Uranium nuggets, and 1-4 Thorium nuggets - all explained next.

-Lead
A heavy element, only stackable up to 36 dusts, 18 nuggets, or 2 blocks. For use in Neutron guns (a component of a breeder reactor), and safer Radiation shielding for Nuclear Reactors/Breeder Reactors. 2 dust in a compressor gives 1 nugget, 9 nuggets in crafting gives 1 block.

-Uranium
A very radioactive element, only stackable up to 18 nuggets or 2 blocks. Can be put into a separator to give 2-4 Enriched Uranium dust, and 1-2 Lead dust.

-Enriched Uranium
A dust, that is more enriched than a Uranium nugget. Can be placed in a compressor to give 1 Uranium Fuel pellet, and 3 of those in crafting can be crafted into a Uranium Fuel rod. Dusts can only be stacked up to 36, pellets up to 36, and rods up to 1. Rods are more of a single-piece-in-a-slot device, for use in nuclear reactors, so they are not stackable and have a self-damage value (registered as tools, not items)

-Thorium
Thorium is stackable up to 18 nuggets. Placing a nugget into a separator gives 2-4 Enriched Thorium dusts, and 1-2 Lead dusts.

-Enriched Thorium
A dust, that is more enriched than a Thorium nugget. Stackable up to 36. Can be placed into a compressor to give a Thorium pellet, stackable up to 1 even though it is registered as an item (so that only 1 can be placed in each slot of the Breeder Reactor). Those pellets can be placed into a Breeder reactor, and very, very slowly, they will turn into Plutonium pellets.

-Plutonium
This is a much more efficient Nuclear Fuel than Uranium. Pellets are stackable up to 36, and crafting 3 of those gives a Plutonium Fuel Rod. The fuel rods are registered as tools, just like Uranium fuel rods. They can take 4x as much damage points as a Uranium fuel rod, but produce the same rate of energy production as Uranium fuel rods.

-Nuclear reactor
This unique generator is capable of slowly fissing Uranium/Plutonium fuel rods, to give off energy, and Nuclear Waste once the rods are used up. Instead of ''burning'' the fuel, they slowly damage the fuel rods 1 point every minute, Uranium being able to take 240 ''hits'', and Plutonium takes 960 ''hits'', each ''hit'' producing 100 EU. It must have at least 2 water nodes next to it, or it will slowly heat up (would be nice if there's a bar in the GUI that shows heat of the reactor) and upon reaching it's Max. Heat, it will turn all blocks neighboring it (AND itself) into Lava sources, and will set aflame all flammable blocks in a 5-block range). If the reactor used up all of the fuel rods in it, or the fuel rods have been removed, it will not gain any more heat, and will slowly cool down.

-Breeder reactor
A more advanced type of Nuclear Reactor. It must be properly cooled just like a normal reactor, or it will turn itself and all neighboring blocks into Lava source blocks, and set on fire all flammable blocks within a 5-block range. There are 9 slots in the GUI, the one in the center is for a Uranium fuel rod, and the others for up to one (1) Thorium pellet. Every 10 minutes, the Uranium fuel rod gains 1 damage, and there is a 1 out of 25 chance that one of the Thorium pellets inside will turn into a Plutonium pellet each time the Uranium fuel rod is damaged. The reactor stops working if there are no Thorium pellets inside it (not if the slots are empty - if the Thorium has all been converted to Plutonium and/or or there is no Thorium to convert in the reactor, it will shut down). It does not consume or generate any energy.

-Nuclear Waste
A very volatile, deadly waste product of Nuclear power. It can not be destroyed. When a fuel rod in a reactor is used up, it turns into this. These rods are only stackable up to 9, have no damage value, and can be crafted into blocks that are stackable up to 1. It can not be placed in chests or any storage unit of any kind. It can not be pulverized with the /pulverize command, as that is cheating. The blocks can only be placed, and anything within a 5-block range of them will be hurt by 1/2 heart per second, in a 2-block range 2 hearts per second. There is an ABM running on them, that will turn the waste into Lead blocks, but the chance is EXTREMELY low and it takes a long time between ABM runs. It may take more than a year for 4 blocks out of 8 to turn into Lead.

I'm not ''demanding'' these, I am just suggesting some ideas. These would be awesome if added to your mod.
Last edited by SegFault22 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
"All we need it the right major crisis and the nations will accept the new world order."

qwrwed

by qwrwed » Post

RealBadAngel wrote:
qwrwed wrote:The new wires don't connect to the bottom of solar panels.
Those wires will be used for next generation machines.
Ok, then I'm guessing nuclear reactors will be one of those machines. But what do the nodebreaker and deployer do, and how can I get an injector? and i'm not sure if this is intentional, but although they LOOK like nodes, the energy crystals are just craftitems.
Last edited by qwrwed on Thu Oct 11, 2012 07:19, edited 1 time in total.

CTMN

by CTMN » Post

I propose to make something like an AND-gate that has one connection for mesecons. That would allow it to make complex circuits that would control all the machines.

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

+9999 for SegFault22's idea.

CTMN

by CTMN » Post

Lead should be like a normal ore that would have to be smelt into ingots and so on(like iron).

And there should be a way to recycle used nuclear waste(with a chance of around 50%) and to get rid of it in a shorter time(which should be a very hard work).
Last edited by CTMN on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:17, edited 1 time in total.

slimjim97

by slimjim97 » Post

i get an error : ModError: mod "RealBadAngel-technic-3f61321" has unsatisfied dependicies: "dye" "farming" "flowers" "mesecons" "moreores" pipeworks"

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

slimjim97 wrote:i get an error : ModError: mod "RealBadAngel-technic-3f61321" has unsatisfied dependicies: "dye" "farming" "flowers" "mesecons" "moreores" pipeworks"
To get technic working you need to install also the mods that are here called 'dependicies'. You can find them under 'mod Releases'

Only dyes surprises me, that one is part of the standard game, I thought since version 0.4.1.