[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

pagliaccio wrote:i have create a lamp, but it not work.

Code: Select all

minetest.register_craft({
    output = 'technic:lamp 1',
    recipe = {
        {'moreores:copper_ingot'},
        {'default:glass'},
    }
})

minetest.register_node("technic:lamp", {
    description = "lamp",
    --drawtype = "glasslike",
    drawtype = "nodebox",
    tiles = {"technic_lamp.png", "technic_solar_panel_side.png", "technic_solar_panel_side.png",
        "technic_solar_panel_side.png", "technic_solar_panel_side.png", "technic_solar_panel_side.png"},
    light_propagates = true,
    paramtype = "light",
    sunlight_propagates = true,
    light_source = 12,
    is_ground_content = true,
    groups = {snappy=2,cracky=3,oddly_breakable_by_hand=3},
    sounds = default.node_sound_glass_defaults(),
    technic_power_machine=1,
    internal_EU_buffer=0;
    internal_EU_buffer_size=100;
    node_box = {
            type = "fixed",
            fixed = {-0.5, -0.5, -0.5, 0.5, 0, 0.5},
        },
        selection_box = {
            type = "fixed",
            fixed = {-0.5, -0.5, -0.5, 0.5, 0, 0.5},
        },
    on_construct = function(pos)
        local meta = minetest.env:get_meta(pos)
        meta:set_string("infotext", "charge")
        meta:set_float("technic_power_machine", 1)
        meta:set_float("active", 1)
        meta:set_float("internal_EU_buffer", 100)
        meta:set_float("internal_EU_buffer_size", 100)
    end,
})

minetest.register_abm({
    nodenames = {"technic:lamp"},
    interval = 1,
    chance = 1,

action = function(pos, node, active_object_count, active_object_count_wider)
        local meta = minetest.env:get_meta(pos)
        local internal_EU_buffer=meta:get_float("internal_EU_buffer")
        local internal_EU_buffer_size=meta:get_float("internal_EU_buffer_size")
        local tot=0
        local text="inactive"
            if internal_EU_buffer>0 then
                tot=internal_EU_buffer-12
                text="active";
                meta:set_float("light_propagates",true)
            else meta:set_float("light_propagates",false)
            end

meta:set_string("infotext",text.." charge "..tot)
        meta:set_float("internal_EU_buffer",tot)
end,        
})

for the technic machine to work, there will be needed just one more function which is not ready yet
machine will have to be registered as a power user or power producer so the battery box could load/unload it.
this will be aviable soon.
2nd thought. make energy buffers a little bigger, like 10 times bigger as power usage per second at least.
it will prevent power cuts in case of lags, and will let the machine work for a few seconds.

if you want to run your machine before API is here look here:

https://github.com/RealBadAngel/technic ... c.lua#L508

put here check for your machine (PR stand for producers, RE for power receivers)
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Wed Sep 05, 2012 19:55, edited 1 time in total.

Spots

by Spots » Post

RealBadAngel wrote:posted one video in Vanessa's pipeworks thread, so i think i can post another teaser here.
Stress test on upcoming feature: transport tubes.
Enjoy :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Fv_Htz ... e=youtu.be

sweet looking great , big question is can it move water?

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Spots wrote:
RealBadAngel wrote:posted one video in Vanessa's pipeworks thread, so i think i can post another teaser here.
Stress test on upcoming feature: transport tubes.
Enjoy :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Fv_Htz ... e=youtu.be

sweet looking great , big question is can it move water?
for this we gonna have pipes

Aiden

by Aiden » Post

thank you.this mod is awesome.

11James11

by 11James11 » Post

Hi I would like to try your mod but when I copy all required files (flower, pipes, moreores, technic) and try to start the game loading ends with error message that mod technic wants dye, but you wrote that dye is included within the mod
any idea what's wrong?

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

There's a basic dye system contained within recent versions of Minetest. You just need to update your install of Minetest to get the default dyes mod. You'll want Unified Dyes also (see my signature) in order to be able to craft the colors.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

11James11 wrote:Hi I would like to try your mod but when I copy all required files (flower, pipes, moreores, technic) and try to start the game loading ends with error message that mod technic wants dye, but you wrote that dye is included within the mod
any idea what's wrong?
downloading and run up to date version (0.4.3) will do
http://c55.me/blog/

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

You should add mining drills - basic drill is 1.5 the speed of steel pick (and is made of steel), mese drill is 1.5 the speed of mese pick (and made by crafting a basic drill with a mese drill bit), and same for diamond and other metals. Instead of breaking when run down to 0 power, they stop working and must be recharged.
Also, in the future there could be a special ''energy cell'' made with gold-plated diamonds and steel casing/gold wire, that can be crafted with some other stuff to make an MV Energy Storage Unit (MVESU or something like that), and has an MV max. input and a stable MV output. Then, replacing gold-plated diamonds with mese and a lot of other rare stuff makes a ''HV Energy Storage Unit''. That would be great for nuclear power plants (in the far future - Fission/Fusion/Breeder reactors using all-new, radioactive ores that can be used to produce energy, except in a breeder where more common radioactive ores like Thorium are reacted with other stuff to make Plutonium, a very efficient and very hot reactor fuel) and some other high-energy-output source(s).
Eh?
"All we need it the right major crisis and the nations will accept the new world order."

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Added new machine: Alloy Furnace
by now used to create bronze and stainless steel, silicon wafers and doped silicon wafers.
API function aviable to register own alloy smelting recipes:

Just call:
register_alloy_recipe (src_item_name1,count1, src_item_name2,count2, dst_item_name,count3)
which will take both source items and create destination one.

example:
register_alloy_recipe ("moreores:copper_ingot",3, "moreores:tin_ingot",1, "moreores:bronze_ingot",4)
takes 3 copper ingots, 1 tin ingot and produces 4 bronze ingots.
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:10, edited 1 time in total.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

SegFault22 wrote:You should add mining drills - basic drill is 1.5 the speed of steel pick (and is made of steel), mese drill is 1.5 the speed of mese pick (and made by crafting a basic drill with a mese drill bit), and same for diamond and other metals. Instead of breaking when run down to 0 power, they stop working and must be recharged.
Also, in the future there could be a special ''energy cell'' made with gold-plated diamonds and steel casing/gold wire, that can be crafted with some other stuff to make an MV Energy Storage Unit (MVESU or something like that), and has an MV max. input and a stable MV output. Then, replacing gold-plated diamonds with mese and a lot of other rare stuff makes a ''HV Energy Storage Unit''. That would be great for nuclear power plants (in the far future - Fission/Fusion/Breeder reactors using all-new, radioactive ores that can be used to produce energy, except in a breeder where more common radioactive ores like Thorium are reacted with other stuff to make Plutonium, a very efficient and very hot reactor fuel) and some other high-energy-output source(s).
Eh?
Some of your ideas are here. Just added mining drill (its very fast), and energy crystals.
They cant be charged yet, but will be. And will be used for next tier of power tools and machines.
Red Energy Crystal is already needed to build mining drill.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

New update. Some fixes and....
Screwdrivers. Even Sonic Screwdrivers!
WHO would knew???

madarexxx

by madarexxx » Post

Energy Cristal are too expensive - i have only 11 diamonds, but i've done a really bing job on -525 altitude
Sorry for my bad English, please help me learn it - correct my worst mistakes :)

Matsetes

by Matsetes » Post

Yes, very expansive...

GloopMaster

by GloopMaster » Post

Ugh, how many times do i have to tell you guys to credit me as GloopMaster, not NekoGloop...?

And: *punches realbadangel* ask the irc if you need to know why.
Last edited by GloopMaster on Wed Sep 12, 2012 15:56, edited 1 time in total.
Meow.

That is all.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

madarexxx wrote:Energy Cristal are too expensive - i have only 11 diamonds, but i've done a really bing job on -525 altitude
ive already made diamonds a bit more common.

madarexxx

by madarexxx » Post

I've made some stuff for making it less expensive, but of course if you have diamonds mod installed. Here is a link http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3037
Sorry for my bad English, please help me learn it - correct my worst mistakes :)

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

madarexxx wrote:I've made some stuff for making it less expensive, but of course if you have diamonds mod installed. Here is a link http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3037
nice idea

madarexxx

by madarexxx » Post

Thank you! I've made update, so we've got new method to farming metals :)

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

Energy Cristal are too expensive
What, do you expect to just take a wood pickaxe and get as many diamonds as you want by just mining some of the dirt away? No, energy crystals should be very expensive, as in real life, large energy storage units are not as cheap as dirt,...
"All we need it the right major crisis and the nations will accept the new world order."

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

Also, whenever you get around to making a nuclear reactor, please don't make the same mistakes that the Minecraft modders made, it would make more sense if the reactor has to have special water tubes connected to it, that allow the heat of the reactor to turn water into steam and thus turn turbines that produce electrical energy,...
And, you don't have to but, if you ever want to, could you add a few more minerals (like Thorium and other stuff) that can be used to make neutron guns, which are used to turn Thorium into Plutonium for very unstable reactors (or) Ballistic Nuclear Weapons? That would be,...radical...

madarexxx

by madarexxx » Post

RealBadAngel, any news about tubes? May be first public alpha/beta test?

qwrwed
In-game: qwrwed or Nitro

by qwrwed » Post

What does uranium do, how can I use it? Not that I've found any - what altitude does it generate at? EDIT; Putting chromium lumps in a grinder has no effect, so it is impossible to get stainless steel - could you fix this?
Thanks.
Last edited by qwrwed on Fri Sep 21, 2012 19:33, edited 1 time in total.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

qwrwed wrote:What does uranium do, how can I use it? Not that I've found any - what altitude does it generate at? EDIT; Putting chromium lumps in a grinder has no effect, so it is impossible to get stainless steel - could you fix this?
Thanks.
uranium will be used as fuel in nuclear reactors, can be found only -100 to -300.
fixed just missing grinding recipe for chromium dust.

qwrwed
In-game: qwrwed or Nitro

by qwrwed » Post

RealBadAngel wrote:
qwrwed wrote:What does uranium do, how can I use it? Not that I've found any - what altitude does it generate at? EDIT; Putting chromium lumps in a grinder has no effect, so it is impossible to get stainless steel - could you fix this?
Thanks.
uranium will be used as fuel in nuclear reactors, can be found only -100 to -300.
fixed just missing grinding recipe for chromium dust.
Thanks.

chris36202

by chris36202 » Post

how do i make a node bracker give me the crafting dude
chris mcleod
my windows live mesgener name is rock36202