Re: [Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

by captenfalkonion » Post

Ok thanks ill try it

barsik
GitHub: bvs23bkv33
In-game: barsik

by barsik » Post

is there a reason that stone dust does not have grinding recipes from silver sand and desert sand?
or all items in sand group?
https://github.com/minetest-mods/technic/issues/573

T6C
In-game: T6C

by T6C » Post

I can't find an entry in the Technic wiki for the chainsaw. How do I use it? I left click it on a tree, but it does nothing. Do I need to charge it? If so, how? I'm a complete beginner to this really complex mod, it's like drinking from a fire hose.

Maverick2797
In-game: Maverick2797

by Maverick2797 » Post

@T6C yes you need to charge it in a battery box before you can use it (same with the sonic screwdriver.) Note that the chainsaw will only cut the tree from the log you click and above, leaving anything below that untouched.

T6C
In-game: T6C

by T6C » Post

Maverick2797 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 13:37
@T6C yes you need to charge it in a battery box before you can use it...
Good to know, thanks. I imagine I need to connect the battery boxes to some energy source, correct? When I do connect all that up, will I be using the cables from mesecons, or is there a special Technic way of energy generation and transmission?

I read something in this thread about the nuclear power plant, which sounds really cool. But I guess it's ridiculously dangerous if you don't know what you're doing—something about meltdowns creating corium which will eventually destroy the world.

Ignaramico
GitHub: ignaramico

by Ignaramico » Post

T6C wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 02:52
Good to know, thanks. I imagine I need to connect the battery boxes to some energy source, correct? When I do connect all that up, will I be using the cables from mesecons, or is there a special Technic way of energy generation and transmission?
Just in case:
To use technic energy resource, you need to have at least one generator, a switch station and a battery for the corresponding energy (lv/mv/hv) for charging stuff you only need to click a battery as if you were clicking a chest, and put the tool you want to charge in the charge square

errant

by errant » Post

Is there a way to access the charge of an RE battery? I want to see if a battery coming through a digiline detecting pipe is charged or not. If not, I could use a mod that does this.