PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Merged this: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5374
See first post for details.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Could you have the beds check for Twp or more players. If there are more than one then every player must be in a bed to change the time. Also we should move to the bed and stay in it for around 3 seconds
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

thefamilygrog66

by thefamilygrog66 » Post

PilzAdam: I see that you've added a couple of lines (62 and 63) to remove the bottom of the bed if the player tries to place it too close to an object. The only problem with this is that the player loses the bed. Is it possible to have the bed added to the player's inventory when this happens?

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

thefamilygrog66 wrote:PilzAdam: I see that you've added a couple of lines (62 and 63) to remove the bottom of the bed if the player tries to place it too close to an object. The only problem with this is that the player loses the bed. Is it possible to have the bed added to the player's inventory when this happens?
Fixed, thanks for reporting.

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Update!
The player now really lays in the bed now and cant move away. You have to rightclick to get up.
Note: this requires latest dev version of Minetest, so dont update if you run 0.4.6 stable. It should work for everyone if 0.4.7 comes out.
Last edited by PilzAdam on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:17, edited 1 time in total.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

Cool! :)

BlockMen
Developer
GitHub: BlockMen

by BlockMen » Post

PilzAdam wrote:Update!
The player now really lays in the bed now and cant move away. You have to rightclick to get up.
Note: this requires latest dev version of Minetest, so dont update if you run 0.4.6 stable. It should work for everyone if 0.4.7 comes out.
Umm...really lays? I would like to quote you:
PilzAdam wrote:... is fake (you just change the pitch of the camera, if people move the camera they will notice that they still stand inside the bed).
(http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php ... 955#p83955) :P

But nice to use set_physics_override() to stop moving.

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

BlockMen wrote:
PilzAdam wrote:Update!
Umm...really lays? I would like to quote you:
PilzAdam wrote:... is fake (you just change the pitch of the camera, if people move the camera they will notice that they still stand inside the bed).
(http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php ... 955#p83955) :P

But nice to use set_physics_override() to stop moving.
Well, I really change the position of the camera and not just the pitch (in fact I dont change the pitch at all). I also disallow moving away, so it isnt real fake laying.

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

How do you change the camera position?

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Traxie21 wrote:How do you change the camera position?
Obviously with setpos().

BlockMen
Developer
GitHub: BlockMen

by BlockMen » Post

PilzAdam wrote: Well, I really change the position of the camera and not just the pitch (in fact I dont change the pitch at all). I also disallow moving away, so it isnt real fake laying.
You change the position of the player (which sometimes falls down when using bed in second floor) So its also no real lying, its fake too, but maybe a better one. ;)

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

Oh, I thought you actually set the camera position. As opposed to player position.

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Traxie21 wrote:Oh, I thought you actually set the camera position. As opposed to player position.
Ehm.... I do set the camera position.
BlockMen wrote:
PilzAdam wrote: Well, I really change the position of the camera and not just the pitch (in fact I dont change the pitch at all). I also disallow moving away, so it isnt real fake laying.
You change the position of the player (which sometimes falls down when using bed in second floor) So its also no real lying, its fake too, but maybe a better one. ;)
I have no idea how the player can fall down when the gravity is set to 0. Maybe network latency :-/

kpo

by kpo » Post

PilzAdam wrote:
Traxie21 wrote:Oh, I thought you actually set the camera position. As opposed to player position.
Ehm.... I do set the camera position.
BlockMen wrote:
I have no idea how the player can fall down when the gravity is set to 0. Maybe network latency :-/
No it has nothing to do with network latency. I tried this placing a bed on the 2nd floor and I fell through the floor and then have to log out and in again to be able to move :-) Something is not quite right in the code. This is on latest git on local machine.
To me it really looks like the player is moved 1block or ½ a block down, then falls through the floor.

onpon4
GitHub: onpon4
In-game: diligentcircle

by onpon4 » Post

Is there any way you could add a link to download the latest version that worked with 0.4.6 until 0.4.7 comes out? Would that be http://github.com/PilzAdam/beds/archive ... 1dbe9b.zip (4cf28c00dc)?

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

onpon4 wrote:Is there any way you could add a link to download the latest version that worked with 0.4.6 until 0.4.7 comes out? Would that be http://github.com/PilzAdam/beds/archive ... 1dbe9b.zip (4cf28c00dc)?
Done.

CalumMc

by CalumMc » Post

I'm having some problems with this mod and I'm wondering if you could help. The first problem is that when lying in the bed, the camera is actually inside the bed itself. Also when leaving the bed, if there is a wall on the right hand side I get stuck in it. How can I have beds only accessible from the left? Thanks!

CrafterZ123

by CrafterZ123 » Post

it does not work for me my minetest version is 0.4.7

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

CrafterZ123 wrote:it does not work for me my minetest version is 0.4.7
Try renaming the folder to 'beds'.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

mindbuster

by mindbuster » Post

this mod work with 0.4.4 version? thank you

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

mindbuster wrote:this mod work with 0.4.4 version? thank you
Try it, but I dont think so.

ak399g
In-game: SAFR

by ak399g » Post

BUG: I slept in my bed a couple times. Now, whever the sun is about to set, even if I'm not in my bed, the time skips over the night and resets to morning. This is terrible!
Last edited by ak399g on Tue Aug 06, 2013 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
aka SAFR

Bas080
GitHub: bas080
IRC: bas080
In-game: bas080

by Bas080 » Post

ak399g wrote:BUG: I slept in my bed a couple times. Now, whever the sun is about to set, even if I'm not in my bed, the time skips over the night and resets to morning. This is terrible!
I had the same issue once.

thefamilygrog66

by thefamilygrog66 » Post

ak399g wrote:BUG: I slept in my bed a couple times. Now, whever the sun is about to set, even if I'm not in my bed, the time skips over the night and resets to morning. This is terrible!
You can reset the beds if you go to the folder for your world (i.e. minetestpath\worlds\worldname\) and delete the file named:

beds_player_spawns

After that, you will spawn at spawn, as opposed to your bed, until you sleep in a bed at night time.

Silent-Hunter

by Silent-Hunter » Post

kpo wrote:I tried this placing a bed on the 2nd floor and I fell through the floor and then have to log out and in again to be able to move :-) Something is not quite right in the code. This is on latest git on local machine. To me it really looks like the player is moved 1block or ½ a block down, then falls through the floor.
I have the same problem! I don't know LUA, but I might look over the code and see if I can fix it.