[Mod] Beds [beds]

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Silent-Hunter wrote:
kpo wrote:I tried this placing a bed on the 2nd floor and I fell through the floor and then have to log out and in again to be able to move :-) Something is not quite right in the code. This is on latest git on local machine. To me it really looks like the player is moved 1block or ½ a block down, then falls through the floor.
I have the same problem! I don't know LUA, but I might look over the code and see if I can fix it.
I've had the bug too, but it solves going down stairs or a ladder every morning! ;)

It's an unintended feature of a bug...

Fixing it is pretty trivial:

player respawns should be,

Code: Select all

x = player .. _x
y = player .. _y + 1
z = player .. _z
The Y axis is the up and down, not Z like that other voxel game.

Silent-Hunter

by Silent-Hunter » Post

Actually, I fixed it by changing line 118 of init.lua from

pos.y = pos.y-1
to

pos.y = pos.y-0.5

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Silent-Hunter wrote:Actually, I fixed it by changing line 118 of init.lua from

pos.y = pos.y-1
to

pos.y = pos.y-0.5
Well, I only made an estimate and not a full figure... :D

Silent-Hunter

by Silent-Hunter » Post

Oh! I guess I didn't realise we were talking about the same bit of code. *derps*

BrunoMine
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

work in version 0.4.8?
My small square universe under construction ... Minemacro
Comunidade Minetest Brasil
www.minetestbrasil.com

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

brunob.santos wrote:work in version 0.4.8?
works in version 0.4.8

spillz

by spillz » Post

A few bed issues (using github master):

1/ If someone breaks your bed while lying in it, you are stuck
2/ Objects placed to right side of beds cause problems when you get out (end up stuck in whatever it is)
3/ Any way to improve on character positioning? In multiplayer it looks really odd to see characters standing up in the ground below their bed!
4/ How does passage of time work? Does the time actually change to day the second you go to "sleep" in the bed at night? Some visual indication of what is happening would be good here (e.g. see how minecraft does it).

Otherwise thanks for a nice mod.

HolyPhoenix

by HolyPhoenix » Post

On 4.9 I also had an issue. I will try taking a video of it in action and post it when I get home.

Basically, when I lay down in the bed my character kept floating down for a while. I went way into the first floor of the house I had made and could not move. I used /home to try and get out of the predicament. It put me at my home location. But I still could not remove. Exiting the game and re-entering allowed my character to move again.

sawik
GitHub: Sawiq
In-game: Sawik

by sawik » Post

I have the same problem as HolyPhoenix. I also can't sleep after game reload.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

spillz wrote:A few bed issues (using github master):

1/ If someone breaks your bed while lying in it, you are stuck
2/ Objects placed to right side of beds cause problems when you get out (end up stuck in whatever it is)
3/ Any way to improve on character positioning? In multiplayer it looks really odd to see characters standing up in the ground below their bed!
4/ How does passage of time work? Does the time actually change to day the second you go to "sleep" in the bed at night? Some visual indication of what is happening would be good here (e.g. see how minecraft does it).

Otherwise thanks for a nice mod.
1. It should be possible to add some meta to a bed and a check for it on_dig. If someone's laying on a bed, then there should be some meta and then we'll need to "release" our dear player.

2 & 3. It should be possible to find_node_near that is air and check if there's air above it. Then teleport our dear player to a given pos (having detached him/her beforehand).

4. It should be possible to add some semi-transparent texture using HUD which would be "fullscreen". Then we need to add 2, 3, 4, etc layers of the same texture until it would be pitch black. In the morning a reversed procedure would be necessary.

Rajacon

Re: [Mod] Beds [beds]

by Rajacon » Post

For some strange reason, I download ANY of your mods, and I always receive an error, saying the game is not able to read them. I'm using 0.4.9

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Rajacon wrote:For some strange reason, I download ANY of your mods, and I always receive an error, saying the game is not able to read them. I'm using 0.4.9
Welcome! Have you read this sticky post yet?

How do I install mods?
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

knottyboy589
In-game: knottyboy589

by knottyboy589 » Post

I get this issue aswell, and I did install the mod correctly, because I followed the instructions on that sticky post that u sent rajacon, and all other mods work fine! Please help! Pilz adam does the best minetest mods, and yet I can't get any of them! :'-(

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

knottyboy589 wrote:I get this issue aswell, and I did install the mod correctly, because I followed the instructions on that sticky post that u sent rajacon, and all other mods work fine! Please help! Pilz adam does the best minetest mods, and yet I can't get any of them! :'-(
Follow the instructions in this topic, but post here instead of creating a new topic.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

Baggypants
GitHub: Baggypants

Re:

by Baggypants » Post

thefamilygrog66 wrote:
ak399g wrote:BUG: I slept in my bed a couple times. Now, whever the sun is about to set, even if I'm not in my bed, the time skips over the night and resets to morning. This is terrible!
You can reset the beds if you go to the folder for your world (i.e. minetestpath\worlds\worldname\) and delete the file named:

beds_player_spawns

After that, you will spawn at spawn, as opposed to your bed, until you sleep in a bed at night time.
I'm getting this as part of the Carbone game. Can it be fixed without deleting stuff on the server?

Sunfirel
IRC: Sunfirel
In-game: Sunfirel

by Sunfirel » Post

Interesting, but EXTREMELY buggy. Usually when I go to bed, I fall under it, sometimes I fall through floor to basement and I'm stuck here, and sometimes I spawn in a wall when getting out of bed. Also I slept couple times and now in the evening message 'good night' appears and time resets to morning. However, if it worked fine, it should be awesome.

843jdc
GitHub: jdc843
IRC: jdc843
In-game: 843jdc

by 843jdc » Post

MT server - 0.4.13-git version Linux 64-bit

I removed games/minetest_game/mods/beds and installed this mod in a specific worldmod folder. That folder works fine for other mods.

This bed mod still has the floating through the floor problem. It doesn't happen all the time. But I do have to log out then back in to get out of bed when it happens.

I will try Jordach's & Silent-Hunter's fixes and see what happens. If I get that far, i will look to see if I have the other problems mentioned by spillz.

I did not apply their fixes. I had to manually create the beds_spawn file and insert
enable_bed_respawn = true
enable_bed_night-skip = true
into the world's config file before this mod started working correctly. But I think that it did not save my respawn position the first time that I died. I will not retest this. It works so I'm not fixing it.

sofar
Developer
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Post

843jdc wrote:MT server - 0.4.13-git version Linux 64-bit

I removed games/minetest_game/mods/beds and installed this mod in a specific worldmod folder. That folder works fine for other mods.
This mod was merged into minetest_game, and it's been maintained and updated there. You probably do not want to use the standalone mod anymore at this point, there are so many issues with it...